Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '12

Default Re: Fantasy Football '12

So, who are you guys trying to pick up on waiver this week? I'm in position 3 of a 14 team league and plan on trying to make a splash. If the first two pass on Ogletree, he's mine. If not, I'll be picking up Sanchez for a backup/trade value.

Don't do either of those, especially Sanchez. Sit tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Someone one in my 12 team league dropped Jason Witten last week. I'm third on the waiver, but the 1 spot team is the team that dropped him and the 2 spot team is staked at TE so I'm hoping he falls into me. Also going for Morris the Redskins RB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Don't do either of those, especially Sanchez. Sit tight.
    You really think so? My team did do fine this week(even without Matthews), so I admit to making a move just because I can. Hmmmmm

I really don't understand when leagues DON'T use the Waiver Budget feature on Yahoo instead of the old fashion waiver order. The budget offers everyone a fair shot at every player and gives you a set amount of money to spend for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    You really think so? My team did do fine this week(even without Matthews), so I admit to making a move just because I can. Hmmmmm
    Ogletree isn't worth blowing your waiver wire position, especially that high. Sanchez isn't even worth owning, he's still terrible and the Jets are a mess despite that one game. There are much better options at QB depending on who's available in your league.
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Well now I can pick up Olgetree and ride his ass into the championships.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Are you sure you want Ogletree.
    It would appear you didn't actually want Ogletree, you wanted Hill. I could have gotten Ogletree (again, but legit this time) if I wanted to. No thanks, I love my #1 waiver pick moving forward. Neither Hill or Ogletree are the next Cruz, the only thing I'd spend a top waiver priority for.

After all the drama of the past few days with waivers and pickups and etc., just before midnight Tuesday evening I put waiver claims on NOBODY omg lol come at me bro
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Claimed nobody, now waiver #2. Happy with the final decision. Thanks for talking me out of it.

It would appear you didn't actually want Ogletree, you wanted Hill. I could have gotten Ogletree (again, but legit this time) if I wanted to. No thanks, I love my #1 waiver pick moving forward. Neither Hill or Ogletree are the next Cruz, the only thing I'd spend a top waiver priority for.

After all the drama of the past few days with waivers and pickups and etc., just before midnight Tuesday evening I put waiver claims on NOBODY omg lol come at me bro
    More power to you. I hope you dont still think its personal.

But I think Hill has more upside than Olgetree since he was playing against the 5th or 6th string corners on the giants. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I think next year we should use the a waiver wire bidding system where we all have 100 bucks to bid on players. It makes it more interesting.

Ok so I for this upcoming week should start Rodgers against Chicago or Romo against Seattle?

And I now have the last waiver position, but totally worth it to upgrade from Keller to Witten as my starting TE.
    Last edited by unit300021; 09-12-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I hope you dont still think its personal.
    I don't know about him, but *I* think it's personal... I mean he said 'omg lol come at me bro'! I take serious offense to that crap... I wish I could go back in time and run up the score.

Nice waiver move, by the way. No king of the Hill jokes yet? I'm surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Ok so I for this upcoming week should start Rodgers against Chicago or Romo against Seattle?
    I never draft/start/look at Romo. Rodgers all the way, regardless of the D he's facing.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

#1 waiver claim.

Because.

More power to you. I hope you dont still think its personal.

But I think Hill has more upside than Olgetree since he was playing against the 5th or 6th string corners on the giants. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I think next year we should use the a waiver wire bidding system where we all have 100 bucks to bid on players. It makes it more interesting.
    Yahoo picked me twice to let these fuck ups happen. Of course it's personal.

Yeah I kept changing my mind between Hill and Ogletree practically every few hours depending on the article I just read. This one finally pushed me over the edge, permanently, for Ogletreem

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...t-have-to-stop

But then I stopped and realized neither of them were likely the next Victor Cruz, and decided that I'd rather have the #1 pick over both of them. The next Victor Cruz probably hasn't emerged yet, and could even already be on my bench.

That waiver wire bidding system IS intriguing - but the reason the system that we have now is in place helps make it fair for the people that DIDN'T score the #1 pick of the draft. I would hate that during week 1 the guy with the #1 pick had the same opportunity as the guy with the last pick of the draft.

Because.

This needs to happen in both of the leagues that I'm in as well.

Thank you for making trades instant this year. Also, props to an even trade.

Yeah I love the instant trade. I liked my counter offer even more for both of us (so did Yahoo projections), but this works for me too. Donald Brown was probably never going to earn a start for me (except bye week hell of 7/8), and with us essentially swapping our 6th round draft picks I now have a better starting roster.

FYI if anyone was curious on my counter offer it was Flacco and Brown for his AJ Green. Look at his roster before our trade before you jump to conclusions.

Because.

I set it up so there would be no waiting period for trades, and based on everyone's feedback from last year we decided that vetoes should be Commisioner only. However, it didn't allow me a chance to veto or approve that one, since, I gather, I set it up so that there's no waiting period for trades. I thought it would at least have me chime in on it, even though there is no waiting period, since I set up things to be Commisioner-only trade approvals. So, I guess the only way I'd be able to 'veto' the trade this way would be to manually go in and change the rosters.

That being said, I don't have a problem with that trade at all.

But going forward, I'm going to set my review period to one day, just so there are no last second shenanigans that would be a major cluster to un-fuck. This way at least I get a chance to weigh in one way or another.

Bottom line? Trades will probably go through or be denied not quite as instantaneously as the one did today, but I'll get to them same-day, for sure.
    Last edited by Fourthisto; 09-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    I set it up so there would be no waiting period for trades, and based on everyone's feedback from last year we decided that vetoes should be Commisioner only. However, it didn't allow me a chance to veto or approve that one, since, I gather, I set it up so that there's no waiting period for trades. I thought it would at least have me chime in on it, even though there is no waiting period, since I set up things to be Commisioner-only trade approvals. So, I guess the only way I'd be able to 'veto' the trade this way would be to manually go in and change the rosters.

That being said, I don't have a problem with that trade at all.

But going forward, I'm going to set my review period to one day, just so there are no last second shenanigans that would be a major cluster to un-fuck. This way at least I get a chance to weigh in one way or another.

Bottom line? Trades will probably go through or be denied not quite as instantaneously as the one did today, but I'll get to them same-day, for sure.
    Awesome. I'm glad everyone agrees this is an improvement. Leagues are better when owners are trading, and this can now be done up until Saturday, it sounds like.

I'm good with that too, much better than last year. I'm sure most people are intelligent enough to realize we shouldn't wait until Saturday to offer/accept trades as you rule on them.

Because.

There is STILL something wrong with either Yahoo or our settings, since Alex just dropped someone, and he immediately became a free agent.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 09-12-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Because.

No, it's correct. If you add someone to your team and then drop them within a day or two, they go back to free agents, not on waivers. He added James Jones at 12:16 AM and dropped him 13 hours later. Free Agent is correct.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=...e&locale=en_US
    Description

This article explains why a player who was added and dropped on the same day does not go to waivers but instead remain free agents.

Resolution

If your league features a waiver period of one or more days and you see players signed as free agents on the same day they were dropped, it is likely because their previous owner added and dropped them on the same day.

When players are added and dropped on the same day, they will be returned to the player pool as free agents rather than being placed on waivers. Previously, it was possible for a Fantasy owner to "tie up" players other teams may be interested in by adding and dropping them on the same day. This is now prevented by allowing these players to remain free agents.

If an owner adds players and then drops them the following day, the player will be subject to your league's waiver rules.

Note: A manager may add a player twice in the same day. If that manager drops the player a second time, they will be locked from adding that player again until the following day. The player will return to the player pool as a free agent.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 09-12-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Well what's the actual rule, is it 24 hours or 48 hours? I'm sure Alex wasn't doing this, but I have been in leagues where owners will pick up a player just to redrop them onto waivers so that they aren't available to anyone else on gameday. I'm sure that's why such a rule is set up in place, to prevent such shenanigans.

Edit: Thanks for adding in the above explanation. Makes sense, glad those rules are in place.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 09-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Because.

I wish we did the money waivers as well.... I tried to convince everyone in my leagues to change this setting and they all cried it was too complicated ugh rookies. Also I would like to to say if anyone wants stafford im going to put him on the block I liek him and his potential but as a packer fan I wont be able to start him for three weeks. Even though I am an avid fantasy player I just cant start qbs against my team and root for them it is too difficult for me as a fan

Well what's the actual rule, is it 24 hours or 48 hours? I'm sure Alex wasn't doing this, but I have been in leagues where owners will pick up a player just to redrop them onto waivers so that they aren't available to anyone else on gameday. I'm sure that's why such a rule is set up in place, to prevent such shenanigans.

Edit: Thanks for adding in the above explanation. Makes sense, glad those rules are in place.
    We had a case in one of my leagues years ago when we had no weekly waivers where somebody was constantly rotating his bench to just "tie-up" those players, it was a huge pain in the ass.

FYI, I added Jones, dropped him then now re-added him. I'm very indecisive when it comes to fantasy football.

Can't sign in to the pool tracker... Have I been dismissed?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    We had a case in one of my leagues years ago when we had no weekly waivers where somebody was constantly rotating his bench to just "tie-up" those players, it was a huge pain in the ass.

I actually have somebody doing that right now in the league I am in, WITH waivers in place. Since he got his ass beat twice already (college fyi) he is at the top of the waiver wire and has been grabbing up players and keeping em on the bench.

college fantasy is pretty hardcore supre

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    college fantasy is pretty hardcore supre
    I am sure you would never try it, cause you wouldnt know shit.

I'm a Greg Jennings owner so I picked up James Jones hoping that since he's starting in Jenning's place he'll get more looks. My other WR option would have been Robert Meachem, hope I made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    So, who are you guys trying to pick up on waiver this week? I'm in position 3 of a 14 team league and plan on trying to make a splash. If the first two pass on Ogletree, he's mine. If not, I'll be picking up Sanchez for a backup/trade value.
    I don't get all the Sanchez hate from a fantasy perspective. Dude threw 26 TDs and ran for 6 last year. If he's on the street, grab him. He's got a real speedster for the first time in his career and if they keep scoring, Tebow will stay on the bench. That's reality.

As a Browns fan, I'd kill for a QB who put up 32 TDs in one season, no matter the number of interceptions. Unless it was 64.