Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T O O L 2 0 1 3

Default Re: T O O L 2 0 1 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Go read it again. April 2006 newsletter. The fact that BMB had some hassle with a few security guards has zero bearing on how the actual band enjoyed Coachella 2006, and even less influence on whether they would play again.

You're making a mountain out of nothing.
    Fair enough. I don't remember at least 50% of things I read six years ago.
    The Replacements - OutKast - The Knife - HAIM - Bonobo - Afghan Whigs - The Glitch Mob - The Cult - Shlohmo - Waxahatchee - Wye Oak

Queens of the Stone Age - Pharrell Williams - Pet Shop Boys - Empire of the Sun - Fatboy Slim - Nas - Kid Cudi - Warpaint - Mogwai - Foxygen - The Dismemberment Plan - Blood Orange

Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Motorhead - Duck Sauce - Little Dragon - Toy Dolls - Fishbone - Superchunk - Daughter - Surfer Blood

old school

Hardcore TOOL fans know he doesn't tour most April because of his winery and him having to be present, even day trips. 2002ish might be the last time he toured that time of year. 2006 was first week in May.

This band is full of Douche Bags, each one of em are Tools.

old school

Good point. and this would be two weekends. although if it was just TOOL, he could still play. they haven't seemed to be touring as much lately as playing a lot of one-off shows. And the Polo is about as close a venue to his winery for a large show..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    Good point. and this would be two weekends. although if it was just TOOL, he could still play. they haven't seemed to be touring as much lately as playing a lot of one-off shows. And the Polo is about as close a venue to his winery for a large show..
    No way would GV book an act twice on the same tour and TOOL have zero known confirmed new songs since the 2006 album. Last report I heard 3 of them had material but MJK hadn't provided any lyrics. MJK got bored of Tool quite some time ago and it pays for his other interests.

old school

the fuck are u talking about?

old school

the fuck are u talking about?
    GV won't book TOOL again unless there is new stuff. Last report had them nowhere near done and MJK is distracted by other interests right now.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    3 weeks after Coachella

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    GV won't book TOOL again unless there is new stuff. Last report had them nowhere near done and MJK is distracted by other interests right now.
    Please tell me what new material Rage had when GV booked them?

Tool doing ÆNIMA at Coachella (or elsewhere) would be great. Sure, maybe a stretch, but they did dabble in some of that album's deeper cuts on recent tours. And APC did full album performances, so MJK can't completely be against the idea.

Do you have a link to this Tool State of the Union Report?? (Nothing from their website qualifies as relevant info btw.) I agree they'd never play Coachella again without a new album but everything you've said in the last page is the same shit I've been hearing about Tool since 2003.

old school

i would KILL for ÆNIMA in it's entirety at Coachella...just for Third Eye alone, OMGGGG

i don't see how they could do it, that album in particular, a few songs i don't see translating live. I think Smashing Pumpkins are going to do some Mellon Collie & Infinite Sadness shows next year..

as for the new album, i'm positive we'll have a release date for it by April, Coachella or not. And i'll bet they do a new song at their next shows..

OK, Mellon Collie shows would be way better than that Oceania crap they pulled last month. They actually had Groupon deals for $20 floor tickets for the show here.

Interludes aside, I think Jimmy might be the only Ænima song never performed live. And they may have even done that one.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Do you have a link to this Tool State of the Union Report?? (Nothing from their website qualifies as relevant info btw.) I agree they'd never play Coachella again without a new album but everything you've said in the last page is the same shit I've been hearing about Tool since 2003.
    http://gunshyassassin.com/news/tool-...lks-new-album/
    Don't think they are nearing completion 4 months later. MJK has been active with non-TOOL commitments since then.

When was the last time Maynard toured the last 3 weeks in April?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    OK, Mellon Collie shows would be way better than that Oceania crap they pulled last month. They actually had Groupon deals for $20 floor tickets for the show here.
    At least they didn't cancel your show. They canned Vancouver while keeping other arena shows that only did 3,000+.

old school

Please tell me what new material Rage had when GV booked them?
    RATM released an album between the 1999 show and 2007 show .....it just came out a couple weeks after the first appearance.

It's a reunion anomoly. Kraftwerk, Pavement and potentially Blur/New Order are in a similar boat.

Winehouse(pre-cancellation) might apply too. Did MIA do Coachella twice on the same album?

old school

Interludes aside, I think Jimmy might be the only Ænima song never performed live. And they may have even done that one.
    Frankly, I like Oceania. But I also liked Zeitgeist more than any of their albums since Mellon Collie.. but i wouldn't wanna pay to see the Oceania set + encore, unless it was a festival, which would mean a very short encore.

I'm positive i have a jimmy live bootleg somewhere, but i was thinking (-) Ions or Cesaro Summability or Die Eier von Satan (the last they prob did on that albums tour though)..they don't do Third Eye often, and that's my fav song ever. Live, and at the Polo. that would be a coachella moment.

old school

RATM released an album between the 1999 show and 2007 show .....it just came out a couple weeks after the first appearance.

It's a reunion anomoly. Kraftwerk, Pavement and potentially Blur/New Order are in a similar boat.

Winehouse(pre-cancellation) might apply too. Did MIA do Coachella twice on the same album?
    yes on MIA, several other acts have done it too..Electric Touch, Sleigh Bells, several Sahara acts..

that doesn't count with Rage, it came out a few weeks later..they played those songs at the set, or at least the only ones they ever play off that album.

Frankly, I like Oceania. But I also liked Zeitgeist more than any of their albums since Mellon Collie.. but i wouldn't wanna pay to see the Oceania set + encore, unless it was a festival, which would mean a very short encore.

I'm positive i have a jimmy live bootleg somewhere, but i was thinking (-) Ions or Cesaro Summability or Die Eier von Satan (the last they prob did on that albums tour though)..they don't do Third Eye often, and that's my fav song ever. Live, and at the Polo. that would be a coachella moment.
    I don't mind Oceania either, but the whole thing taking up 60+ mins of a setlist, and then not even doing an entire set after that was just brutal. I've still yet to see this band even though they have been around a few times since 07.

(-) Ions is pretty much played nightly still to this date as an intro to Stinkfist.. albeit shortened and in playback/tape form. Stuff like Useful Idiot and Msg to Harry Manback live would be pretty much pointless, though.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

old school

yes on MIA, several other acts have done it too..Electric Touch, Sleigh Bells, several Sahara acts..

that doesn't count with Rage, it came out a few weeks later..they played those songs at the set, or at least the only ones they ever play off that album.
    An interesting test is if GV books the Pixies without new material. They've been quiet for awhile now.

old school

I don't mind Oceania either, but the whole thing taking up 60+ mins of a setlist, and then not even doing an entire set after that was just brutal. I've still yet to see this band even though they have been around a few times since 07.

(-) Ions is pretty much played nightly still to this date as an intro to Stinkfist.. albeit shortened and in playback/tape form. Stuff like Useful Idiot and Msg to Harry Manback live would be pretty much pointless, though.
    i assumed they'd just be played between songs, much like their other samples..saw the 07 incarnation, i liked them. but i can't stand the new drummer, at all. but they're playing the harder old stuff again, like XYU and An Ode To No One..

When was the last time Maynard toured the last 3 weeks in April?
    April 30th, 2006 at the Polo Fields. Next question.

STOP RESPONDING TO BUMBLEBEE

microuts: oldie but goodie

and i doubt GV is using the same security company now that they used in '06 anyway..i know they went through a couple of campground security companies the last few years.
    i.e. Craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    microuts: oldie but goodie
    Nice! Thanks - now I've got myself all excited at the prospect of a full album Tool performance that will probably never happen, ugh.

think for yourself, question a bumblebee
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

old school

Quote Originally Posted by bucketofpower View Post
    think for yourself, question a bumblebee
    HA! sig worthy.

and yeah, i think that was the same show i had the bootleg from lolz

Bumblebee??? New album is done.......... duh? Its gonna be released on December 21st. Is what the heads are saying on fourtheye.net

s m e l l m e f i n g e r

They opened with Third Eye almost every date on the tour before last. I know it wasn't played much before that, but it's not exactly a rare song anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Disposition View Post
    They opened with Third Eye almost every date on the tour before last. I know it wasn't played much before that, but it's not exactly a rare song anymore...
    when they popped this in Honolulu back in 2011 I was TRRRRRRRRRIP'N Balls on some White Rhino Mush. The Timothy Leary intro really dragged me in! I really hope they show. The digs at Coachella are so unreal and to have them there would just make my 2nd experience in the desert that much better. Big fan is all, Big fan of TOOL too!