Thread: Car Hire

Default Car Hire

Hey guys. coming from the uk. can anyone give some advice on when the best time to book a hire car is? probably going to be using it from the monday before staying in L.A until dropping it back thursday after the fest before home?

thankyou

Default Re: Car Hire

Is a car hire a rental car or are you hiring someone to drive you around? I don't have any actual experience renting cars, I'm just confused by your british lingo
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

If you can set the date in advanced it will always be cheaper to hire/rent/book a rental.

Even if you reserve @3am the day of renting, you will have a much better rate than if you walked in.

Look for coupons that give %/money off for weekly rentals, it sounds like you'll end up doing a weekly rental. You COULD rent a fun city car for the first days of the week while you're here and then switch up on wednesday with a car more appropriate for traveling (SUV/Truck/Wagon) depending on if you are camping or not.

Just explore your options of cars and rates, with most things the earlier the better, but if you can get an awesome car for cheap, why not? I rented a V8 Nissan Titan for 5 days during 4th of July weekend - $100

Totally worth it, just don't tax yourself on the insurance if you don't have to...but thats up to you and what you put the car thru as you travel with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    If you can set the date in advanced it will always be cheaper to hire/rent/book a rental.

Even if you reserve @3am the day of renting, you will have a much better rate than if you walked in.

Look for coupons that give %/money off for weekly rentals, it sounds like you'll end up doing a weekly rental. You COULD rent a fun city car for the first days of the week while you're here and then switch up on wednesday with a car more appropriate for traveling (SUV/Truck/Wagon) depending on if you are camping or not.

Just explore your options of cars and rates, with most things the earlier the better, but if you can get an awesome car for cheap, why not? I rented a V8 Nissan Titan for 5 days during 4th of July weekend - $100

Totally worth it, just don't tax yourself on the insurance if you don't have to...but thats up to you and what you put the car thru as you travel with it.
    Yeah, I wondered about coupons. God you got a good deal. I've put in for 10 of the 11 days we'll be there just to hire a simple toyota yaris or similar 5 door car and it's around $226, so about 90 each as there is two of us and I'm expecing extra sub-charge/tax as they mention is excluded on top.

Remember also, I shall be renting it over a period they know it will be used most likely for the festival, and if you are just using for normal touring, it's probably a bit tough.

Quote Originally Posted by gary312 View Post
    Yeah, I wondered about coupons. God you got a good deal. I've put in for 10 of the 11 days we'll be there just to hire a simple toyota yaris or similar 5 door car and it's around $226, so about 90 each as there is two of us and I'm expecing extra sub-charge/tax as they mention is excluded on top.

Remember also, I shall be renting it over a period they know it will be used most likely for the festival, and if you are just using for normal touring, it's probably a bit tough.
    Dont let them know youre going to coachella, reserve in advance for sure, you will pay more if you're lazy - the best deals are usually $20/day. If you are really suffering for discounts PM me and I'll give you a Union Plus coupon code. Usually if you call the place you're renting from also a few weeks before, you can possibly find some promos for weekly rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Dont let them know youre going to coachella, reserve in advance for sure, you will pay more if you're lazy - the best deals are usually $20/day. If you are really suffering for discounts PM me and I'll give you a Union Plus coupon code. Usually if you call the place you're renting from also a few weeks before, you can possibly find some promos for weekly rentals.
    Where do I get discount codes and that from though?

I'm an airline employee and we get really nice discounts on car rentals. That being said, I find that using www.carrentals.com almost always garners me a better deal. Prices fluctuate all the time, and you should know that the rate is partially going to be dependent on what airport you fly into. Car rentals out of LAX are usually much cheaper than car rentals out of Palm Springs or the smaller airports.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths