Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***The Official 2012 Lineup Pool***

Default ***The Official 2012 Lineup Pool***

REQUIREMENTS

You MUST list 25 bands.
    • The first three must be your headliners. 3 pts each
    • *NEW* The fourth one must be your reunion act. 2 pts
    • The next 21 will be you undercard guesses. 1 pt each

I’ve attached a spreadsheet below for you to use if you wish. If you choose not to use it, it would be great if you could do me a solid and alphabetize your undercard list before you send it in.

If you predict a band as a headliner but they end up NOT being a headliner but still a performer, they will count as one point. If you predict a band as a performer and they end up being a headliner, you get one point (not three, since you didn’t exactly call it correctly). Same goes for the reunion act. If you put a reunion act in your fourth slot and it doesn’t happen, you don’t get 2 points. If you put a reunion act in your fourth slot and another in your undercard list, and the reunion act in your undercard list is the actual reunion act, you get one point.

HOW TO ENTER

E-mail me your predictions: 2012Coachella@gmail.com. Please do not PM me.

Like last year, you can resubmit your list as often as you wish until the deadline, but keep in mind that in the event of a tie, the poster with the fewest resubmits and/or the earliest final submission will win. Again, like last year, if a band gets confirmed and added to the “restricted” list before the deadline and you’ve already submitted your list with that band on it, you get the point for it, even though that band is restricted for everyone else.

Bands that are considered "confirmed" will be restricted. The restricted list will tie in directly to Summerkid's confirmed list (I’ll post the link once he starts his thread). If Summerkid makes the decision that a band is confirmed, it becomes restricted at the time he posts it. As stated before, if you pick a band and submit it, and it becomes restricted after you submit your list, it will still count.

Also, don't forget-when you email me, make sure you include your board name so I know who to credit the list to.

PRIZES

First, second, and third place prizes this year!

• Third place prize: something cool
    • Second place prize: something cooler
    • First place prize: something more cooler

Again, keep in mind that in the event of a tie, the person with the fewest resubmits and/or the earliest final submission will win.

All entries must be sent via email by October 2. No exceptions.

I'll post everyone's submissions on October 3. PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LISTS; I WILL POST THEM ONCE I HAVE EVERYTHING SORTED OUT. I’ll be at ATP so I won’t be available to get the list out until October 3.

Go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by captncrzy; 09-01-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: ***The Official 2012 Lineup Pool***

I've been waiting......
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Hazzah!
    Top 10 of the weekend:
    Titus, Cut Copy, Chemical Bros, Tallest Man On Earth, BSS, Animal Collective, Arcade Fire, Twin Shadow, Caspa, The National

2012 Wishlist: Radiohead, The Antlers, Fuck Buttons, The Avalanches, Basement Jaxx, Belle & Sebastian, Wilco, Feist, Neutral Milk Hotel, Fucked Up, Fleet Foxes, The Shins, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Holy Fuck!, Other Lives, Dosh, Pogo, Washed Out, Battles, The Rapture

preemptive strike?
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Duh.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Figured.

A subscription for this thread has been added.

2 Questions: I supposedly won the lineup predictions pool contest last year, minus any prize other than 'bragging rights' which is cool but not as cool as winning something tangible, which in my experience is at the heart of any 'contest'

Q#1: Will there actually be a prize awarded this year because I'm planning on going back-to-back years for the win.
    Q#2: is it too late to receive a prize from last year, my hopes were kind of shattered when I discovered there was nothing in it for me after winning other than bragging rights (see details above)

Fun contest overall but definitely feel like I got the shaft last year, maybe because I'm not in the boardie circle and nobody knows me it's not as fun or worth giving out a prize, I dunno?

Just looking for a legitimate response/insight since this is a faceless environment and all, appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

2 Questions: I supposedly won the lineup predictions pool contest last year, minus any prize other than 'bragging rights' which is cool but not as cool as winning something tangible, which in my experience is at the heart of any 'contest'

Q#1: Will there actually be a prize awarded this year because I'm planning on going back-to-back years for the win.
    Q#2: is it too late to receive a prize from last year, my hopes were kind of shattered when I discovered there was nothing in it for me after winning other than bragging rights (see details above)

Fun contest overall but definitely feel like I got the shaft last year, maybe because I'm not in the boardie circle and nobody knows me it's not as fun or worth giving out a prize, I dunno?

Just looking for a legitimate response/insight since this is a faceless environment and all, appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

We should get a 1.5 ft. tall Freddy Mercury figurine that sings a couple of phrases from Queen songs (they exist - I've seen em) and paint Coachella on the back of his jacket. There should be a time and place for people who compete to meet (this would be hard due to scheduling - so not everyone has to be there). The award would be given to the winner and then passed from winner to winner each year. So Kuugy, since you won, you buy "The Freddy" and bring it to pass to the next winner.
    Vote:
    Top 10 of the weekend:
    Titus, Cut Copy, Chemical Bros, Tallest Man On Earth, BSS, Animal Collective, Arcade Fire, Twin Shadow, Caspa, The National

2012 Wishlist: Radiohead, The Antlers, Fuck Buttons, The Avalanches, Basement Jaxx, Belle & Sebastian, Wilco, Feist, Neutral Milk Hotel, Fucked Up, Fleet Foxes, The Shins, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Holy Fuck!, Other Lives, Dosh, Pogo, Washed Out, Battles, The Rapture

OMGZ! I betchoo Walters Jay winz dis Contest brah!
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

dumb post.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by kuuguy View Post

Thanks.
    Sorry. I didn't run the contest last year due to my wedding plans getting in the way, so I can't help you there.

There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes this year. Working on getting those arranged now. Please be aware that the prizes will consist of meaningless trinkets and crap off of cool peoples' desks.

Also, shout out here--if you want to contribute a meaningless trinket or a piece of crap off of your desk, please PM me. I may end up putting together trinket crap baskets for the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Sorry. I didn't run the contest last year due to my wedding plans getting in the way, so I can't help you there.

...prizes will consist of meaningless trinkets and crap off of cool peoples' desks.

I was gonna offer but then read this and realized I'd be excluded.

What is this lunacy?

Seems like something superfan would promote.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

What? Don't they have meaningless lineup pools in Egypt?

No, but there are in Libya. But this season is in question.

What is a meaningless lineup pool?
    Rhythm is a dancer.

start thinking of 25 artists (3 headliners) you believe will be on the lineup this upcoming year... you will then have an opportunity to submit them, and will compete against the finest in the land.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

so, when are we starting this? Confirmed acts will start leaking soonish.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    start thinking of 25 artists (3 headliners) you believe will be on the lineup this upcoming year... you will then have an opportunity to submit them, and will compete against the finest in the land.
    lul
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coming soon. Waiting for a PM back. Keep an eye on this thread.

Please see the first post. Game on.

Sublime with Rome on every stage.

You lose.

can you please be more specific with what constitutes a "reunion act?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    can you please be more specific with what constitutes a "reunion act?"
    reunion |rēˈyo͞onyən| noun
    an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of separation.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    reunion |rēˈyo͞onyən| noun
    an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of separation.
    thanks for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

They've broken up. They've reunited.

Wow, only one submission. You people were chomping at the bit...I thought I'd have a flooded excited nerd inbox this morning.