Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ROLL CALL

Default Re: ROLL CALL

The cheapest I found was $285 but four hours of layovers each way.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

I got our flights right after we booked the cruise. I knew flights would be bad that time of year. I did the first half on JetBlue using points and the second half on Virgin America paid for to earn more points. We are flying out of LAX but have a 3.5 hour drive to get there. Both flights are nonstop which is a good idea when trying to arrive for a cruise. But we are flying in two days early to play around in FLL.

$285 is a good price but that layover stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    The cheapest I found was $285 but four hours of layovers each way.
    Boourns, that airline you are considering does have awful customer service from what I've heard. You get what you pay for. But if it's your only option maybe you'll get lucky. Or fly early so you don't have any boo-boo's to delay you.

I am either arriving on the 18th or 16th, depending in how much I can save.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Just made my final payment. Now to secure a flight.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Was it an auto pay or you just called them and gave it to them? My husband did it all on his account so I guess I can ask him for his log in to see our reservation on this website.

I just logged in and paid it online.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
    I got our flights right after we booked the cruise. I knew flights would be bad that time of year. I did the first half on JetBlue using points and the second half on Virgin America paid for to earn more points. We are flying out of LAX but have a 3.5 hour drive to get there. Both flights are nonstop which is a good idea when trying to arrive for a cruise. But we are flying in two days early to play around in FLL.
    Such a good idea. My wife and I did this when we went on a cruise earlier this year. Hope you have a hotel that's near one of the stops on that intracoastal taxi. Hope you have fun. I am trying to talk my wife into going a couple days early.

Parental units bought my flight already! Just paid off my last payment. Cruise is booked i'm ready to go!!!

I did book us at Embassy Suites which I think we can walk to one of the stops for the water taxi. They sent me some special to book and we'd stayed before so we took it. We've also stayed at the Hilton FL Marina and it's right on the intercoastal. Hopefully you will get your wife talked into coming in early!

Quote Originally Posted by Davids81 View Post
    Such a good idea. My wife and I did this when we went on a cruise earlier this year. Hope you have a hotel that's near one of the stops on that intracoastal taxi. Hope you have fun. I am trying to talk my wife into going a couple days early.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Better sign up fast for Pulp or you'll be stuck watching Sleigh Bells with Kvnty
    Hey. I resemble that remark.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

And going on record saying that Sleigh Bells at FYF Fest this year was one of the most intense shows I've experienced.

Intense in a bad way right? They were horrible at Coachella 2010.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

It'll be intense if that backing track skips.

Lurker
    London for the Summers, Salt Lake City during the Winters

Cool Re: ROLL CALL

Been going to Coachella since 06. Live in London in the summers and Salt Lake City in the winters. As soon as i heard about this, I thought I had to sign up. Got me a ticket to the bahamas. Supper stoked for Pulp and Rapture. Booked my flights the other day i'm in for sure. See everyone in 58 days, Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Hell yeah. That's the spirit!

Bahamas:
    slurpee
    kvnty
    brokenarrow
    RumRunner
    psychic friend
    Sistalegz
    neohippie73
    skibumbell

Jamaica:
    Boourns
    getbetter
    twistedblond
    psychic friend
    PattyMayonnaise
    SilverL90
    amerry1
    cHicken04

I'm still surprised we don't see more people posting here about this cruise. It seems like the FB page is a little more active. Maybe we'll get lucky and have very small shows if the ship is not filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Hell yeah. That's the spirit!

Bahamas:
    slurpee
    kvnty
    brokenarrow
    RumRunner
    psychic friend
    Sistalegz
    neohippie73
    skibumbell

Jamaica:
    Boourns
    getbetter
    twistedblond
    psychic friend
    PattyMayonnaise
    SilverL90
    amerry1
    cHicken04

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Intense in a bad way right? They were horrible at Coachella 2010.
    Intense in a "we're one of the greatest bands on the planet" kinda way. They have come a long way since 2010.

coming to terms that I will be attending this cruise by myself. my friends are either broke ass mother fuckers or just not into it. whatevs. I cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    coming to terms that I will be attending this cruise by myself. my friends are either broke ass mother fuckers or just not into it. whatevs. I cannot wait.
    They'll all be jealous when you get back and tell them all the cool stuff that happened!

There's 3 of us going to the Bahamas and we cannot fucking wait!! This will be, without a doubt, the most amazing vacation for everyone aboard. Has anyone figured out anymore on the whole "signing up to see shows" bullshit. I do not understand how they are going to manage that and I'm really hoping we are all misunderstanding this and we are free to roam to and from shows as we please.

Good question. I can't imagine it would be much of a problem if the ship isn't full.

I went on JamCruise this past January- first cruise I'd ever been on, and this will be my second. I couldn't imagine doing a regular cruise (kids, lame entertainment, fellow cruisers that I couldn't relate to), so I was insanely excited when this was announced and I couldn't pass it up. But the idea that we have to sign up to see shows is really confusing to me. On Jamcruise there were 3 different main venues that had music going pretty much all the time and we could go to and from any show we wanted to. I do not think it would be possible to control who gets in to each show and who doesn't. Maybe in the theater but even that would be a stretch. They are making this seem like it's going to super organized, but this is a festival on a ship with a bunch of crazy party people, so they really should give up on that idea.

Also- there was a 24/7 buffet on that ship, and from what I'm reading on here, that is not going to be the case on this cruise. Kinda blows but apparently there is free 24hour room service!

I am surprised there isn't more people talking about this, and even more surprised by the lack of info coming from the people who are organizing it. Does anyone know how long we will be in port in the Bahamas? I'd like to go ahead and schedule an excursion but can't really do that until I find out how long we will be there.

Also, a bit of advice- I had previously been on small boats and never got sick, however I was terribly seasick on the cruise. Unfortunately, taking the meds they give you on the ship really don't work once you already feel sick. If anything they just put me to sleep. This REALLY sucked as it was putting a pretty huge damper on my dream vacation. Despite that, I still managed to have the best time of my life and I'm more than willing to do it again obviously, but this time I'm getting the seasickness patch that goes behind your ear. I highly suggest you do the same, even if you aren't sure if you will get sick or not.

Enough babbling- can't wait to see you all on the ship! 45 days!!!
    Last edited by mistyb85; 11-01-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Misty, I'm pretty excited too. And I can't believe there are not more people talking about it either, and the info is just barely eeking out. I'm waiting on pins and needles for our real confirmation numbers.

I have cruised a lot but this is my first time of doing the music festival thing at sea. I can't wait. I'm not sure how they will work the whole band thing, either. But they must have some sort of method they are working out. I did use my Coachella online account to mark the bands I want to see so maybe eventually we can sign up for days or times.

Regarding the food, there will be food all the time in different venues. I heard that dinner will be all open seating and casual dress in the main dining rooms. The buffets are open all the time and only close for short periods of time for change over (well, this was my experienes on my last 10 cruises). I doubt it will be open in the wee hours, though. But then there are snack areas that have pre-made sandwiches, there is a pizza place (I think there is one on this ship), there's always food. I wouldn't worry about it. And like you said, room service, too.

I have friends who get sea sick and take ginger pills for that. It's natural and won't make you drowsy. They say it works well. I have one friend who eats ginger candy instead of taking the pills. Works great for her. Ginger is a great natural alternative for seasick medications.

Ok, just found out that we should have our real confirmation numbers early next week. Then we can go online and do all that immigration and shipboard account stuff. Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistyb85 View Post
    I am surprised there isn't more people talking about this, and even more surprised by the lack of info coming from the people who are organizing it. Does anyone know how long we will be in port in the Bahamas? I'd like to go ahead and schedule an excursion but can't really do that until I find out how long we will be there.
    December 16-19, 2012 – Nassau, Bahamas

Sunday, December 16, 2012:
    -3:00 pm: Guest embarkation begins
    -7:00 pm: All Aboard
    -8:00 pm: Depart Ft. Lauderdale for Nassau, Bahamas
    Monday, December 17, 2012:
    -Celebrity Silhouette at sea
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012:
    -8:00 am: S.S. Coachella arrives in Nassau, Bahamas and is cleared by Customs
    -5:30 pm: All Aboard
    -6:00 pm: S.S. Coachella sails from Nassau for Ft. Lauderdale
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012:
    -6:00 am: S.S. Coachella arrives in Ft. Lauderdale
    -7:00 am: Guest disembarkation begins

awesome. thanks!

Does anyone know how long we will be in port in the Bahamas?
    from website http://ss.coachella.com/reservations/travel-info

BAHAMAS
    December 16-19, 2012 – Nassau, Bahamas
    Sunday, December 16, 2012:
    3:00 pm: Guest embarkation begins
    6:00 pm: All Aboard
    8:00 pm: Depart Ft. Lauderdale for Nassau, Bahamas
    Monday, December 17, 2012:
    Celebrity Silhouette at sea
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012:
    8:00 am: S.S. Coachella arrives in Nassau, Bahamas and is cleared by Customs
    5:30 pm: All Aboard
    6:00 pm: S.S. Coachella sails from Nassau for Ft. Lauderdale
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012:
    6:00 am: S.S. Coachella arrives in Ft. Lauderdale
    7:00 am: Guest disembarkation begins
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Bahamas:
    slurpee
    kvnty
    brokenarrow
    RumRunner
    psychic friend
    Sistalegz
    neohippie73
    skibumbell
    Davids81
    mistyb85

Jamaica:
    Boourns
    getbetter
    twistedblond
    psychic friend
    PattyMayonnaise
    SilverL90
    amerry1
    cHicken04
    SqueegyD
    Last edited by Boourns; 11-09-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Lurker

<~~~~ Bahamas