View Poll Results: Wil S.S. Coachella sell out?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really? It's Coachella on a boat, of course it's gonna sell out.

45 45.92%
  • Uh fuck no, have you seen the lineup? Pulp isn't selling out a cruise ship.

53 54.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will S.S. Coachella sell out?

Default Will S.S. Coachella sell out?

...?
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Default Re: Will S.S. Coachella sell out?

just did the math and the flight + room fees + food and entertainment on the island is about $2000 per person. Good Luck GV
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs January 11 - Muse January 21 - Cannabis Cup February 17 - UFC 157 February 23 - Coachella W1 - Rolling Stones May 15 - Tame Impala May 30 - Flying Lotus June 1- Infected Mushroom June 20 - EDC June 21-22 - Americanarama Aug. 3 - Queens of the Stone Age Aug. 17 - Black Sabbath Aug 28 & Sept. 3 - Dave Chappelle Sept. 15 - Nocturnal Wonderland Sept. 21 - the Dead Sept. 28 - NIN Nov. 8

If HolyShip managed to sell out last year. Of course anything with the name of "Coachella" made by Golden Voice will sell out. GV has a loyal cult that will pay outrageous prices for anything they throw. Could be a polished turd named Coachella and these cultists would pay what ever GV asks.

I really don't think it will, not for the reason listed though. It's too expensive and the 21+ factor

LoL that poster rules!

is "Wil" some sort of l33t speak that i dont know about?
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    just did the math and the flight + room fees + food and entertainment on the island is about $2000 per person. Good Luck GV
    Are you saying this for somebody that lives in california? You know theres a whole section of the country that could just drive down to where the cruise will sail from, right?

you can eat 24 hour room service plus other restaurants so if food is your concern no worries. lol
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Yeah, I mean it's not like there are several metropolitan areas in the state of Florida or anything. Every attendee must fly in from out of state.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

I did the Weezer cruise for a fair bit less than that - flying from the UK. You lot should be able to do it for not much over $1000 unless you have a drinking problem.

Compare Coachella ticket ($350) + Condo ($200ish) + all meals and the price isn't that different to Coachella. Yes, there are less acts - but you won't get stuck in the car park until 5am.

What is your entertainment on the island? Blow and hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

I'm estimating $1500-1600 with flight, airport transfers, and a minimum of drinking/drugs/activities.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

great poster
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Lineup is excellent to me, but seems to have been curated to avoid a Holy Ship type crowd. From the comments on the Coachella Facebook, nobody seems to know who any of the acts are outside of Girl Talk (which is perhaps moderately terrifying given that most seem to be attending Coachella 2013, but such is life). I'll be interested to see if it does sell out...if it does, it will take a bit I think. I think they were wise to go for this type of lineup instead of a Hardwell/Nicky Romero/Bingo Players Sahara shitshow.

Lineup is excellent to me, but seems to have been curated to avoid a Holy Ship type crowd.
    Indeed. Thank God for the lack of 2012-style Sahara acts and silly one hit wonders.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Indeed. Thank God for the lack of 2012-style Sahara acts and silly one hit wonders.
    I am hoping that this will also be present in the booking strategy of the actual festival. Pipedream, probably.

I am hoping that this will also be present in the booking strategy of the actual festival. Pipedream, probably.
    yeah I wouldn't get your hopes up. If 2013 is anything like 2012................
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    yeah I wouldn't get your hopes up. If 2013 is anything like 2012................
    To be fair, when has Coachella had a problem that wasn't addressed and fixed the next year? I'm hoping that GV considers it a problem when they have Radiohead, Dre/Snoop performing one of the best hip-hop shows ever, Godspeed, Mangum, Pulp, ATDI and Refused reunions, etc. and half the crowd leaves saying that Afrojack and Calvin Harris were their favorites...

The thing is already sold out anyway, give them Hardwell and Nicky Romero at 5:00 on Friday, deadmau5 on the main (who, horrible fanbase and boring live show aside, is nowhere near as bad as people here claim), Boys Noize (the great Kandi Kid/music snob compromise), and then bring the rest of the lineup up to snuff.

GV don't care what your favorite was as long as they empty your wallet.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Is this selling out really a concern? The ship holds 2886 passengers. So that's 5,772 total minus the boarding for the bands and the Coachella staff. That's not very many people at all.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Is this selling out really a concern? The ship holds 2886 passengers. So that's 5,772 total minus the boarding for the bands and the Coachella staff. That's not very many people at all.
    That's what I was thinking. Based on that I think it will sell out, and sell out quickly.

To be fair, when has Coachella had a problem that wasn't addressed and fixed the next year? I'm hoping that GV considers it a problem when they have Radiohead, Dre/Snoop performing one of the best hip-hop shows ever, Godspeed, Mangum, Pulp, ATDI and Refused reunions, etc. and half the crowd leaves saying that Afrojack and Calvin Harris were their favorites...

The thing is already sold out anyway, give them Hardwell and Nicky Romero at 5:00 on Friday, deadmau5 on the main (who, horrible fanbase and boring live show aside, is nowhere near as bad as people here claim), Boys Noize (the great Kandi Kid/music snob compromise), and then bring the rest of the lineup up to snuff.
    I really do hope that you are right. I just can't get past that considering they sold out in presales, and the will definitely sell out come January.... why would they spend the time and money booking those acts. It is so easy to fill the bill with the Calvin Harris and the Avicii's. I guess only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

It seems anything which GV does that is coachella-branded pretty much sells out so I don't see why this would be an exception.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

I don't know. I guess it depends on how much the Aryan Brotherhood appreciates Girl Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    It seems anything which GV does that is coachella-branded pretty much sells out so I don't see why this would be an exception.
    You mean like...Coachella?
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am interested to read a list of Coachella-branded events that GV has put on.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

well of course anything means the only other thing that has the coachella name attached

Yes, pretty much.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I don't know. I guess it depends on how much the Aryan Brotherhood appreciates Girl Talk.
    9.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Yep. I'm pretty sure this will sell out quickly. It'll just be another Coachella-brand success. I could see Coachella branching out to the older crowd if this continues.