Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 200$???

Default Re: 200$???

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    That's what turned me off most about this.
    wasn't specifically talking about the coach cruise. even on cruises where you don't pay at the moment you grab the food the cost is included in the money you pay to be a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    So buffet dining is included in the fee, but not booze, soda, or fancier restaurants.

that's standard cruise practice.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    you realize the food isn't actually free, right?
    Well, no shit. It's part of the "package."

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Apparently it's standard for the high end dining options to be extra on ships like this. The regular dining options on the ship look really good though.
    See, I have never seen this ever. I've been on family vacations on Carnival, Norwegian and Holland America cruises and at no point did we have to pay more to eat at a specific "restaurant" inside the ship; everything save for soda, bottled water and alcohol was included in the base cruise reservation price -- that's including room service. How else would my cousins and I be able to order everything off the room service menu one night and get it all dropped off to our room in less than 30 mins without having to drop a penny? (Wasn't charged to stateroom either. That would have been hell to pay with my parents.)

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Yeah, most cruises I'm aware of include ALL food, including all other music festival crusies.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Spicy Pie not included

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Well, no shit. It's part of the "package."

See, I have never seen this ever. I've been on family vacations on Carnival, Norwegian and Holland America cruises and at no point did we have to pay more to eat at a specific "restaurant" inside the ship; everything save for soda, bottled water and alcohol was included in the base cruise reservation price -- that's including room service. How else would my cousins and I be able to order everything off the room service menu one night and get it all dropped off to our room in less than 30 mins without having to drop a penny? (Wasn't charged to stateroom either. That would have been hell to pay with my parents.)
    Ask your Dad to see the bill next time.

They tip those filipinos .73 for them bringing you ice cream at 3am.

Looks like a standard cruise to me. Basically, it's a Carnival Cruise with bands...and yeah, the price is way more than normal. We had a three night, four day cruise to the Bahamas for our honeymoon; price was right around $600. Bill at the end of the cruise was about $1000, which included all of our shore excursions, on board alcohol, steakhouse dinner, and the taxes and gratuity (this is common, btw...)

They will serve three meals a day in the main dining room (and sometimes a late night fourth meal). You will be able to order anything on the menu. No charge for these meals, but if you order wine or drinks with dinner, they will charge those to your room. Food isn't great but it's not inedible.

There is usually also a buffet open around the same times (or 24 hrs depending on the cruise), same deal (no charge for anything but booze).

Your booze is not covered, nor are any of the excursions, spa treatments, etc.

You also may be charged for some of the onboard events (like wine tastings)

If you want a decent meal, the "cover charge" restaurants are pretty good. We had a great steak dinner on ours, and it was like eating at Ruth Chris.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Royal Caribbean, dining options include a lot of free (or, rather, included) options and also some specialty dining options (which are a flat fee for each meal at these special restaurants).

Norwegian Cruise Lines has complimentary dining plus specialty restaurants that have a cover charge.

Carnival includes all restaurant dining and 24-hour room service.

Disney Cruise Lines appears to have all dining options included.

I am not going to look up any more cruise line dining options, but not including all dining options in the cruise price is not universal but it is also not abnormal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I've only been on a 3-day Royal Carribean cruise like 9 years ago but I recall all food & drink was included except alcohol. I don't remember having to pay for soda.

It seems as though the Dining policies for SS Coachella are fairly consistent with the standard policies of this particular ship.

Celebrity Silhouette Dining

Silhouette's banquet hall is the Grand Cuvee Dining Room, a cavernous space that features flying buttresses, a room-filling chandelier resembling an iridescent jellyfish, and a shimmering metallic wine tower that holds some 1,800 bottles. (Cuvee means vat or tank in French wine-speak.) Credit designer Adam Tihany, the man behind New York City's Per Se and Vegas' Seablue, with creating one of the most striking main dining rooms at sea.

For dinner, passengers can opt for early (6 p.m.) or late (8:30 p.m.) set seating or go with "Celebrity Select Dining," which offers open dining between 6 and 9:30 p.m. Passengers choosing the flex-dining option can pre-reserve space (online up to four days before sail date or while onboard) or walk in at any time during the allotted hours.

Menus consist of appetizers, soups and salads, entrees, and desserts. Expect a combination of standard favorites like herb-crusted fish, pork chops and prime rib, and traditional cruise "luxury items" like beef tournedos, pate and Cornish game hen.

For vegetarians, there are always meat-free options like eggplant napoleon or veggie paella. Lower-calorie dishes, like baked fish and sugar-free cakes, are designated with a little heart. If nothing on the rotating menu suffices, "always available" choices, from soups to desserts, include escargot, lobster bisque, steak, chicken and creme brulee.

Passengers can bring their own wine onboard, but there's a $25-per-bottle corkage fee to drink it in the dining room -- the highest in cruise travel.

The dining room is open-seating for breakfast and lunch. Classic dishes like eggs Benedict and made-to-order omelets are served for breakfast. The lunch menu offers the typical soups (including a chilled soup), salads and hot entrees. Passengers can also order items like burgers and dogs from the grill.

Those looking for food without fanfare should head to Silhouette's top-ship 24-hour buffet, the Oceanview Cafe. The ovular space features various "action stations" positioned along the loop -- pizza, pasta and stir-fry bars; Asian (sushi) and British comfort food (fish 'n' chips, shepherd's pie); sandwiches; and a build-a-salad bar. In our opinion, Celebrity's buffet, featuring an excellent range of International cuisine and standards, is the best in big-ship cruising.

For dinner with a view, head up and sternward to the top-ship Lawn Club Grill, a Silhouette exclusive where passengers wear the aprons and flip the filets. The 58-seat venue is a $40-per-person concept that marries a cooking lesson and all-you-can-eat churrascaria and pizzeria. (That type of marriage is illegal in several states.) Here's how it works: Under the tutelage of a Celebrity chef, one member per party transforms into the "grill master," an everyman superhero who selects the cuts, applies the rubs and sears the meats. Choose your grill master carefully -- our filet came out pleading for its life. (It was returned to the grill and then eaten.) Appetizers come in the form of made-to-order pizza -- kneaded and topped by a passenger pizza-maker -- and selections from the salad bar.

Nearby is the Porch, a casual, new-to-Silhouette venue serving paninis, fruits and salads for breakfast and lunch. The Porch, whose design is inspired by a rich guy's porch in the Hamptons, carries a $5-per-person cover.

Lawn Clubgoers can also order picnic baskets from the line. These start at $50 and might include sandwiches, sides and desserts. A bottle of wine also comes standard.

Back inside, the standard cluster of Solstice-class alternative restaurants is located on Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck). These include Murano, serving rich French-Continental cuisine ($35); Tuscan Grille, a northern Italian steakhouse with lovely wake views ($30, try the ribeye); Blu, the Mediterranean restaurant focusing on ever-so-slightly lighter fare (ahi tuna, grilled chicken); and Qsine, a quirky venue where passengers order off iPads, and no dish is served on a standard plate. (A Middle Eastern sampler comes in what looks like an Ikea shelving unit, while spring rolls are served in actual metal springs). It's $40 per person to dine at Qsine. Two caveats: First, Blu is designated for passengers staying in Silhouette's AquaSpa cabins (who eat free), but the venue is available nightly to everyone else on a first-come, first-served basis and for a $5 fee. Second, Celebrity offers alternative dining packages, bookable in advance, that offer savings of some 20 to 30 percent over retail.

If you're not full yet, there are more dining options in Silhouette's indoor public hub, encompassing Decks 4 and 5. The two-deck space is airy -- which means the scent of cooking waffles from the gelateria and crepes from its creperie are free to waft. It's almost as if Celebrity is pumping the drool-inducing smell through the ventilation system. It's the type of scent that seeps in the subconscious ... and makes you want to pay $5 for crepes at Bistro on 5 or a few dollars for chocolate gelato in a waffle cup. The venue also sells specialty coffee drinks.

Finally, the room service menu, which includes sandwiches, salads and snacks, is offered 24 hours a day

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I've only been on a 3-day Royal Carribean cruise like 9 years ago but I recall all food & drink was included except alcohol. I don't remember having to pay for soda.
    I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 1997 and you had to pay for soda. The last cruise I went on in 2010 also charged separately for soda.
    For your health

Soft drinks and alcohol are two things that are ALWAYS charged for.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Kids fucking love soda

Soft drinks and alcohol are two things that are ALWAYS charged for.
    Nope. We didn't pay for soda on our cruise.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I could be wrong, I mean it was a free ride for me so maybe I wasn't privy to that. But I knew alcohol was extra so I assume I would know soda was extra. ::shrug::

old school

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    ah, yeah, this is thread wherein price quotes are determined by whether you smoke pot or not.
    They should be charging a whole bunch of bros an extra $150 to get the stink of pot out of the room that got hotboxed.

or I could just travel with a suitcase full of extremely potent edibles from a dispensary and not have to worry about smoking
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Who's bringing the bath salts?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    or I could just travel with a suitcase full of extremely potent edibles from a dispensary and not have to worry about smoking
    They don't normally allow folks to bring on food to cruises...also I would unwrap and rewrap them so the people checking your bags dont see "Mary's Magic Edible Cookies! 10X DOSE!"

Watch Brokedown Palace.... just saying..

Honestly, cruise security is NOT a big deal espsecailly if you check your luggage. No food is going to show up in x-rays as something alarming or something that needs to be investigated. When they scan your bag they are literally looking for things shaped like bottles (for booze) and weapons, thats it.

However due to the nature of this cruise they could be a little more strict. People going on the Jamaica cruise will for sure have a little advantage from hearing how the first cruise went

Also if your trying to sneak in booze use a rum runner (www.rumrunnerflasks.com) they are phenominal used them on my past 4 cruises, shoved three handles worth in checked luggage, each time i was fine.

Edit: i replaced do, with due

Pretty sure GV will give up at least one drug runner so the GV one can get on board with no problems.

The food may not show up alarming on X-rays, but the last cruise I went on (carnival) took some prepackaged food from my family's bags and stated we couldn't bring any food on board. I had an amazing burrito that I hadn't gotten a chance to eat yet thrown away. I was very sad. And hungry.
    Last edited by Mugwog; 07-20-2012 at 11:22 AM.

They scan your suitcases upon embarkation. You cannot bring in outside food or drinks.

Also, you cannot bring bottles of alcohol that you buy in duty free or in the ports back to your room. If you buy rum or whatever out on the islands, they'll take the bottles from you and they won't give them back to you until the cruise is over. all of your bags are scanned every time you come back onto the ship from wherever you've been.

Quote Originally Posted by H_is_O View Post
    Honestly, cruise security is NOT a big deal espsecailly if you check your luggage. No food is going to show up in x-rays as something alarming or something that needs to be investigated. When they scan your bag they are literally looking for things shaped like bottles (for booze) and weapons, thats it.

However due to the nature of this cruise they could be a little more strict. People going on the Jamaica cruise will for sure have a little advantage from hearing how the first cruise went

Also if your trying to sneak in booze use a rum runner (www.rumrunnerflasks.com) they are phenominal used them on my past 4 cruises, shoved three handles worth in checked luggage, each time i was fine.

Edit: i replaced do, with due
    For the record, Salah, I wouldn't be an idiot and take any chances. They caught us with our bottles AND our granola bars.

Just saying.

fuck, seriously? I cant even bring one tiny gingerbread bar? fuck that ill find a way
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

fuck, seriously? I cant even bring one tiny gingerbread bar? fuck that ill find a way
    See my guide

PROTIP: ANUS

FYI I am pretty sure I read you can bring your own bottles of win onto the ship. there's 1 $25 corkage fee at dinner, but you can probably drink them in your room? Maybe this doesn't apply to this particular trip, but it was on the boat's site I think.
    last.fm

And you can also pull up to the polo fields with a picnic basket full of food and wine as well except for a couple particular weekends.

$200 a person isn't bad when the Mayhem and Barge to Hell cruises charge $250 and $285, respectively.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale