Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Line Up Discussion

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: Line Up Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    What I meant is that it's getting way out of hand as a "brand". The event in April is still great, but it's becoming more of a hassle than it's worth these days. Plenty of great alternatives out there.
    how is it becoming more of a hassle?

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

So this cruise in the Bahamas in November is hassling your enjoyment of a festival in Indio in Aprila?
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

The easiest $700*-$9200 never spent.

* edit: Prices do not include $200 booking fee

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

my favorite things on this lineup are early in the day dj sets at coachella (which can easily be seen in la every few months) and they want $700? I will be looking at alternatives to the coachella brand in the future as well. I think they saw how quickly hard cruise sold out and figured they could half ass it even more than hard did and still pull off a sell out, and sadly they're right
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

and people say the "economy is bad"...

It is bad. Look at what all these bands have to do in order to put food on the table.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

I love PULP and all, but this is fucking stupid. I'm so over this festival. My friends and I all agreed next year will probably be our last. It's getting way out of hand.
    you make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shiezza View Post
    my favorite things on this lineup are early in the day dj sets at coachella (which can easily be seen in la every few months) and they want $700? I will be looking at alternatives to the coachella brand in the future as well. I think they saw how quickly hard cruise sold out and figured they could half ass it even more than hard did and still pull off a sell out, and sadly they're right
    yes, goldenvoice is all about half assing things.

This cruise is for rich people like me. I for one am going to be there without a doubt, sipping on my mojito while people cry on the forum about how lame this idea was. Too bad they didn't add any good DJs though...

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    This cruise is for rich people like me. I for one am going to be there without a doubt, sipping on my mojito while people cry on the forum about how lame this idea was. Too bad they didn't add any good DJs though...
    I'm going to take the money I would've spend on this, had a better lineup been presented, and put it towards a suite for Ultra. Maybe Ultra VIP tickets as well?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    It is bad. Look at what all these bands have to do in order to put food on the table.
    agreed, and people are still shelling out massive $$$ for these luxuries...in 2012

I don't see how this is a half assed attempt at a new market just because you don't like the higher billed acts. The lineup is pretty amazing in my opinion and I don't know what people expect from a cruise but it's certainly much better than a slew of cheese ball DJs which is apparently worth spending money on to some of you. I'm not surprised by the pricing, it's fucking Coachella, they want your money, stop whining and pay for their grand children's tuition already
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Where the fuck is Skrillex?

My concern is how long of a set will Pulp be doing.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Probably a full set. Why not? I just wonder how it will be divided up between the days, how many are on the boat or off the boat etc.

Not that I have interest in going at all. It's not a TERRIBLE lineup, I love Pulp and there are some great acts here but coming from Alaska, no fucking way I'd pay to come. I have severe doubts you'll see many foreigners too.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I love PULP and all, but this is fucking stupid. I'm so over this festival. My friends and I all agreed next year will probably be our last. It's getting way out of hand.
    The cruise will affect the festival 0. If anything it will give them more $ to spend on real Coachella.

I will never step foot on a music cruise, I think they are all fucking dumb, but sheesh people who the fuck cares if they have it. Lollapalooza and EDC take place in like 15 places now and those events have not been diluted.

Anybody else think they should use a different format for the poster? It makes it looks really small (even if it kinda is). Basing it off the old format doesn't do it wonders. I understand they probably wanna keep it like that to resemble Coachella, but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Probably a full set. Why not? I just wonder how it will be divided up between the days, how many are on the boat or off the boat etc.

Not that I have interest in going at all. It's not a TERRIBLE lineup, I love Pulp and there are some great acts here but coming from Alaska, no fucking way I'd pay to come. I have severe doubts you'll see many foreigners too.
    British people love Florida and Pulp so I would expect that a lot of them will be on the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Being stuck on a boat with people who go to Coachella sounds like a horrible nightmare.
    sig worthy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

He raises a good point. The word "Coachella" is in the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I read this post this afternoon, and it literally bothered me all day because of how little sense it made.

What I meant is that it's getting way out of hand as a "brand". The event in April is still great, but it's becoming more of a hassle than it's worth these days. Plenty of great alternatives out there.
    Coachella is the same "hassle" it has always been. There's no difference between now and since I started going regularly in 2006. If anything, it has gotten much better (2010 being the exception). Get over yourself. Or go hit some of these great "alternatives" you're talking about. Be sure to take your friends with you. I need all the space I can get at Coachella.

As for the boat thing? I'd love to see Pulp again. Drunk. On a boat. Not sure if I can swing but we'll see.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Posting on the message boards of festivals you no longer care about is the music equivalent of stalking your ex on Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Coachella is the same "hassle" it has always been. There's no difference between now and since I started going regularly in 2006. If anything, it has gotten much better (2010 being the exception).
    What was wrong with 2010?

Looks like the possibility of 2 sets from each artist on each cruise.

From twitter.

Pulp set sail on the SS Coachella. Four shows on the high seas. December 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    The crowd. Way too many people snuck in.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Looks like the possibility of 2 sets from each artist on each cruise.

From twitter.
    Yeah, if you look on the SS Coachella website, it says "you may only see select artists once"...a'la Jeff Mangum at ATP last year (total fucking mess).
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Yeah, if you look on the SS Coachella website, it says "you may only see select artists once"...a'la Jeff Mangum at ATP last year (total fucking mess).
    I would certainly assume Pulp would be one of those 'select' artists you get to only see once.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I would certainly assume Pulp would be one of those 'select' artists you get to only see once.
    On the website they say that every guest will get a chance to see the headliners at least once (assuming that's Pulp and Hot Chip), so I bet they play the most.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    So much. It was that year that I said "ok, after so many many years of doing Coachella...I think I can retire". 2010 was fucking rough imo.

They made up for it 2011

and 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.