Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Olympics 2012

Default Re: Olympics 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Why shouldn't Gatlin have been competing? Is he the one who was banned for 4 years for getting busted taking PEDs? Do you feel it should have been a lifetime ban?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Let's talk more about Alex Morgan.
    You mean her?

Gatlin tested positive for PEDs at least twice to include testosterone the second time around. With the reputation the sport in general has, especially on the American side, a lifetime ban would have been better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

gotta laugh at the u.s judo competitor being kicked out for having marijuana in his system. why is that banned? is there anything performance enhancing about it? i say if you can smoke weed and compete at that level then more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Olympics are just some european nobility view of what sports should be, rather than what sports really are. Baseball isn't in the olympics any more. Rugby. Cricket. Squash. These are international sports with considerable followings that are excluded. Meanwhile, we have sailing, fencing, rowing, shooting and dressage. Fuck that. Fuck kowtowing to some vicecount's 19th century idea of what constitutes sports.
    Rugby will be in the 2016 Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    gotta laugh at the u.s judo competitor being kicked out for having marijuana in his system. why is that banned? is there anything performance enhancing about it? i say if you can smoke weed and compete at that level then more power to you.
    That's got to feel horrible to be deterred from the Olympics for smoking some ganja.

Wasn't there an Olympic skier who got his gold medal stripped and then re-instated because he had weed in his system?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Yeah, it was back in Japan. They gave the guy his medal back because they checked the list of banned substances, and THC was not on it. Shit, Bode Miller was probably drunk or on coke when he won his medals, so wtf.

Its because he shared his drugs with the judges. You're always a shoe in after you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Let's talk more about Alex Morgan.
    Yes, let's - that was one of the best games I've ever seen, regardless of gender; to come back three separate times from a goal down and to have the self-belief to keep fighting like they did makes me think they're destined for gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

The women's soccer team has been the only thing I've faithfully been following in these games. I was never interested in them before, but since the men's team didn't qualify, I tuned into the women's team and was instantly made a fan. Today's game was the most exciting thing I've seen in these games, and it is up there with many sports games that I've seen in general. It was amazing. Abby Wambach is usually the big threat in these games, but today she seemed to hardly be a part of all the madness (except for that big penalty kick). Today was all about Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan. Though, if Canada had won, they would have deserved it, too. Christine Sinclair was extremely dangerous.

Damn. The final game is going to be intense.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

So you finally started paying attention to the womens side of the sport, which has been near or at the top of the last 20 years instead of the subpar mens teams?

ESPN has some article talking about Alex Morgan being a household name now. Was she not famous during the 2011 womens world cup when she scored that goal against Japan in the final? I would not call myself a huge soccer fan but I knew who she was before that game in 2011, and she came off the bench. Really glad for her now, the country better know her name now.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

First day I've had an opportunity to watch the games. Anyone else planning on taking up bulimia after watching the men's diving today?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    So you finally started paying attention to the womens side of the sport, which has been near or at the top of the last 20 years instead of the subpar mens teams?
    I only ever paid attention to the entire sport for the men's World Cup events, so yeah, I'm finally paying attention to the women's side of the sport. But I'm very impressed that you've been into them for the duration of their golden era, for twenty years (when I was only five), and that you can find time to watch their games in the midst of masturbating to your punctuality and to Radiohead videos.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Womens's water polo kicked ass... cute butts.... cr****

great match for may-walsh against china! let's get some gold tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I only ever paid attention to the entire sport for the men's World Cup events, so yeah, I'm finally paying attention to the women's side of the sport. But I'm very impressed that you've been into them for the duration of their golden era, for twenty years (when I was only five), and that you can find time to watch their games in the midst of masturbating to your punctuality and to Radiohead videos.
    I enjoyed this.

That semi women's two person vollyball game against brazil..... wow too fucking cool cr****

DirecTV customers, what channel(s) are you watching the Olympics on? I haven't looked, but I don't want to miss the BMX. I think I also missed fencing, not even sure if it aired. Been too damn busy to watch as much as I would like to.

That Mexico Japan match was too intense. Great result though. Bring on Brazil now. Anyone know of any local (L.A. area) bars that will be open that early on Sat televising it? I used to go to Brittania in Santa Monica for the World Cup, but don't know if they've been televising the olympics.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    DirecTV customers, what channel(s) are you watching the Olympics on? I haven't looked, but I don't want to miss the BMX. I think I also missed fencing, not even sure if it aired. Been too damn busy to watch as much as I would like to.
    Channel 9 shows a lot of stuff, including a primetime mix that usually starts at 6 or 7. Channel 356 and 603 (or is it 605? hmm) show stuff, too. Channel 751 is soccer and channel 752 is basketball.

Thank you sir.

When are the soccer matches? Sorry. I know, I know

Ladies . . . When?
    Men . . .when?

This next page needs to happen again, that airbrushed person at the top of this page is freaking me out.

The women's gold medal is this Thursday at 11:45 AM (MNT), and the bronze medal is 7:45 AM (MNT). The men's bronze medal is on Friday at 12:45 PM (MNT), and the gold medal is on Saturday at 8:00 AM (MNT).

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    This is one of the stupidest fucking things you have ever posted, you dumb bag of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

The women's gold medal is this Thursday at 11:45 AM (MNT), and the bronze medal is 7:45 AM (MNT). The men's bronze medal is on Friday at 12:45 PM (MNT), and the gold medal is on Saturday at 8:00 AM (MNT).
    MNT is not a thing.