Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics 2012

Default Re: Olympics 2012

Our Supreme Leader's Democratic People's Republic of Korea is playing against France "right now" in women's soccer. I would love to hear the North Korean commentators for this game. The American commentators don't really know what to say about North Korea, because there is so much "mystery."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Good my friend. Hey gonna be in Seattle next week or week after, thinking aug 9 or so ......................... Good to say hey, buy u and Becky lunch but I know , life and all of that .....going to get a car in Tacoma or close... strage dayz ... miss ya guys ... cr****
    You should come to Vancouver! Or maybe Becky and I can go down to Seattle. Wait... this is pretty off topic.

/thread de-rail
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie

That probably got a lot of people drunk tonight. China messed up a ton in gymnastics.

Where are people streaming this that's not NBC?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Where are people streaming this that's not NBC?
    There are plenty of options here, though the US-France men's basketball game is freezing often enough that I stopped watching for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

I just need to watch the diving.

Since the NBC streaming sucks SHIT - crashes/freezes every 30 minutes, events (like the lochte/phelps event) are blocked off to "save" it for primetime - I found a good way to watch the BBC streams:

1. Install http://www.expatshield.com/ (do not install the toolbar)
    2. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video
    3. Enjoy.

BBC streaming is how it SHOULD be done. 24 channels, all live, no BS restrictions.

Ah, unfortunately I am on a work computer and can not install anything.

does this count for the drinking game?

Coachella Junkie

No, that's a drawing of a land mass.

Home of Foster's Lager. Hitler was born there too.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Until last night, I didn't know synchronized diving was even a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Is there anywhere online i can watch the opening ceremony? Everything seems to be blocked

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Wasn't the worst thing to watch for 20 minutes either. And what kind of collective bargaining agreement did they sign to get thier own hot tub?

Yeah. I thought that was interesting too. Do 5 seconds worth of work, then relax in the hot tub after.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Yea, that one got by me too till I saw the highlights. I also was only vaguely aware of canoeing as a competitive sport in the Olympics but have been watching a fair amount of it. Live individual archery sucked me in last night- been watching a lot of that sport, too. Men's team gymnastics now.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Can someone confirm for me that NBC is only offering one non-soccer, non-basketball channel on cable TV? It's nice to be able to watch soccer & basketball at any time, but sometimes get a little bored with whatever they choose on the primary NBC feed and would like some variety.

It's two, isn't it? NBC Sports Network and MSNBC? plus regular NBC plus Telemundo?

Not sure about cable. DirecTV has four channels I am aware of, which includes the primary feed. Can't you watch online? Best variety that way.

Unbelievable to see the Brits clinch a silver for men's team gymnastics. Japan suffered in its final event on the pommel horse moving them out of medal contention and GBR up from a bronze to a silver.

Edit- Japan moved back into a medal spot on appeal

LINK

Good live men's tennis doubles match on Bravo right now. Switzerland vs Japan. Feds!
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 07-30-2012 at 03:18 PM.

I guess you're right. It appears though that they cut off programming in the evening and leave it all to NBC.

The girls look llike sharks cr****......

It's two, isn't it? NBC Sports Network and MSNBC? plus regular NBC plus Telemundo?
    cnbc, too, i believe.

Install expatshield and you can watch the glorious BBC streams.

And that fencing result was BULLSHIT. I seriously cannot believe they fucked that up so bad. Godamit I am so pissed.

This picture says it all:

Yeah, I think all the NBC news channels show the Olypmics. Earlier in the day (especially in the morning) they do a decent job of showing all the different stuff. But then some of the channels will go to their regular programming. If you look here (http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/index.html), you can see when they are showing stuff. You can even see the schedule separated up into the different sports, which is pretty helpful. Still, they don't broadcast everything, and even if you tune in for something on the schedule, they might be showing something else instead. Also, it isn't helpful when they call a block on the schedule as "Olympic Event" instead of separating programs into specific events.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    cnbc, too, i believe.
    Yes that's right they are showing boxing every day after the markets close. and I guess Bravo is showing stuff too.

yeah. was bummed i had to upgrade our dish programming for the month to get all these extra channels, figure it's worth whatever the prorated amount will be, though, to have access. random stuff i've watched so far has been women's handball, badminton, archery, and table tennis. love the wide shots on archery when you get to see the loft of the arrow, i thought it was much more of a full power full speed right up the middle kinda thing, not this rainbow type shot. also gotta love the faces they make when they pull the string up to it.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 07-30-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    Is there anywhere online i can watch the opening ceremony? Everything seems to be blocked
    don't waste your time. other than one or two things, it's pretty fucking lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Really excited. I just found out two former Wildcats got on the podium today! It makes the Olympics so much more fun having individuals to cheer for!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Yeah, def. more fun to watch when there are local ties involved. Was driving down the street a couple weeks ago and saw a sign for April Ross, didn't know who she was, turns out she is a beach volleyball player from Costa Mesa, they talked about them training down in Laguna at Emerald Bay to try and match the sand at the olympics. My heart will always be with my former classmate Misty, though.