Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics 2012

Default Re: Olympics 2012

North Korea is in the games? Wow.

They usually are. They'll be competing in quite a few things, as well. I want to see some good N. Korea vs S. Korea things.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Double whammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    They usually are. They'll be competing in quite a few things, as well. I want to see some good N. Korea vs S. Korea things.
    War?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

The North Koreans who don't medal (all of them) will probably be killed off when they get back home.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

All the NBC mobile apps suck, but all the London 2012 Official apps are great. The one I recommend most is the "Official Results App". If you are looking for a simple schedule and just the right amount of drill-down into individual sports or athletes, it's pretty solid.

I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to watch much of the Olympics this year and that makes me a sad panda.

Does anyone know if they'll show the openning ceremony again at a time that's not 11am?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Does anyone know if they'll show the openning ceremony again at a time that's not 11am?
    The DVR was invented for the opening ceremony. I wouldn't watch it live. NBC's delaying it anyway, but I'd still DVR it and speed through the highlights on Saturday.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

THERE WILL BE NO GYMNASTICS SHIT TALKING!!! it's going to be weird without sveltana there to drama things up. either way, i'm excited!!! i just hate having to watch fucking swimming. though in general i'm not a big fan of watching racing sports. though i thought i heard that if phelps gets three gold medals, he'll have the most gold medals of anyone in the olympics ever.

i also wish you didn't have to block out such large chunks of time on your DVR to record shit. guess i'll be cleaning my dvr this weekend.

any hints on the opening ceremonies? all i heard was on NPR this morning that there will be grass, goats, and beckam. i just thought it was hysterical that the ambassador to london said that it won't be like china's and they are conscious of the economy and won't spend much. where was that attitude during the jubilee?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to watch much of the Olympics this year and that makes me a sad panda.

The opening ceremony should be about 4:30 PM Pacific Time. I'm pretty sure, at least, because I have it on 5:30 PM Mountain Time on my schedule.

Most of the events are at a reasonable time for Americans, especially all the swimming and gymnastic events (which all seem to be around 5 or 6 PM Mountain). Some of the soccer and basketball games are in the early morning, though.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

What are everyone’s feelings on NBC delaying big events for primetime? I’m ambivalent on the idea. With traditional American sports, I would never watch a football or basketball game after I knew the outcome, but for some reason I don’t mind this with the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i also wish you didn't have to block out such large chunks of time on your DVR to record shit. guess i'll be cleaning my dvr this weekend.
    Jesus Christ...I had to use up 8 hours this morning before I left to work because I wanted to watch one Match. Worst of fucking all it wound up being a tie. I can't even edit the time to record it for a shorter ammount of time. Anyone out there know if you can cut the recording time on a DVR event thru Dish Network?
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

So it looks like nbcolympics.com will have live streaming of almost all of the events if you have the right cable provider/package.

I don't see any way to watch the opening ceremony on the site though

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    The North Koreans who don't medal (all of them) will probably be killed off when they get back home.
    Quoting myself because I just realized North Korea is facing off against South Korea in the first round of p-i-n-g pong. That North Korean player will definitely be executed if he loses that match.

EDIT: Why the hell is p-i-n-g banned again?
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Koreans make pretty good Korean food.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    EDIT: Why the hell is p-i-n-g banned again?
    I'm probably making this up, but I think p-i-n-g might have been a presale password once, or something, and it was banned so that we would stop telling each other.

Sultans of P_I_N_G FC are headlining in 2013.

Spain lost their opening soccer match against Japan. Team GB currently 1-0 up against Senegal in their game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

US ladies won their first soccer match. Is that right? Against who?
    Last edited by algunz; 07-26-2012 at 02:44 PM.

‎gagné

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    US ladies one their first soccer match. Is that right? Against who?
    Yeah, they won against France. 4 to 2.

one? really gunz?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

zzzing

I didn't noticed until recently, that in the XX commercial featuring the Olympic scene, TMIMITW actually wins both gold and silver medals in whatever event he participated in.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    one? really gunz?
    Hahahahaha

One singular sensation. Every little step I take.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    So it looks like nbcolympics.com will have live streaming of almost all of the events if you have the right cable provider/package.

I don't see any way to watch the opening ceremony on the site though

http://www.nbcolympics.com/king/news...estreamed.html

Opening, Closing ceremonies won't be livestreamed...

NBC announced Tuesday that the Opening and Closing Ceremonies will not be streamed live online, although all the other athletic events will be for the first time ever.

“It was never our intent to live stream the Opening Ceremony or Closing Ceremony,” said Gary Zenkel, president of NBC Olympics. “They are complex entertainment spectacles that do not translate well online because they require context, which our award-winning production team will provide for the large primetime audiences that gather together to watch them. We will be providing clips and highlights of each ceremony online so viewers know what to look forward to in primetime on NBC.”

Even though Olympics fans will get to see every round of all 32 sports live on the web and on mobile devices, they won’t necessarily get NBC commentary during the livestreams. Some of the live online coverage will simply be from pool cameras, watching the action.

No opening ceremony or closing to be streamed? That's a big "FUCK YOU AMERICA"

NBC fucking sucks. Period.

As for the opening ceremony, they're planning on having a giant green grassy pasture with real animals and such, and a tribute to Glastonbury at one end (with a crowd moshpit waving those giant ass flags they always bring to the festival). Also isn't McCartney supposed to perform?

*Spoiler alert: 70 sheep, 12 horses, 10 chickens, 3 cows, 2 goats, sheep herding dogs, and geese. Oh and a 40-foot Voldemort battling 30 Mary Poppins, who will float down into the stadium on their umbrellas. Also, The Tempest and Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Lamedar. who are the bands performing?