Thread: It's raining men who don't care if u disrespect them (so long as u love them)

Default It's raining men who don't care if u disrespect them (so long as u love them)

Dennis Flemion of the Frogs presumed dead after disappearing while swimming

Story

Dennis Flemion of cult heroes the Frogs is missing and presumed dead, Matador Records' Matablog has announced. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the 57-year-old resident of West Allis, Wisconsin went missing after going for a swim on a lake in Racine County on Saturday. (Thanks to Joseph Kyle for the tip.)

Brothers Dennis and Jimmy Flemion formed the Frogs in 1980. They released albums on Matador and Homestead, among other labels, and became notorious for wearing flamboyant costumes during concerts and for their controversial lyrics about gender and race. They gained many famous fans and friends among the alt-rock celebrities of the 1990s. Dennis was briefly a touring member of Smashing Pumpkins, and the Flemion brothers collaborated multiple times with Billy Corgan. The Frogs appeared on a Pearl Jam B-side and were sampled by Beck on "Where It's At". Last year, Animal Collective invited them to perform their album It's Only Right and Natural at ATP.

They continued to release albums up until last week, when they digitally released two LPs at the same time: Squirrel Bunny Jupiter Deluxe and Count Yer Blessingsz.
    Matador's Gerard Cosloy wrote a lengthy post about Flemion on the Matablog:

"Dennis was without question, one of the funniest persons Iíve ever encountered. Painfully so. It would not be an exaggeration to say there were several times in which his verbal evisceration chops were almost impossible to keep up with (those whoíve attended Frogs shows over the years know exactly what Iím talking about). ... The fantastic output and fleeting moments of near-fame aside, I hope heís remembered as a really sweet guy first, and a hugely talented artist second. Our thoughts go out to Jimmy, the rest of the Flemion family, their friends and everyone who was lucky enough to know Dennis. Simply saying, 'heíll be missed' doesnít come close to covering it."

Billy Corgan Tweeted, "I'm devastated by the loss of my friend Dennis Flemion. Words can't explain the sorrow. A tragic loss. Please pray for his family."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Default Re: It's raining men who don't care if u disrespect them (so long as u love them)

lame. great title btw

Default Re: It's raining men who don't care if u disrespect them (so long as u love them)

So he croaked. R.I.P.