Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

Default Re: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

I would be down with a location that had enough nearby accomodation options that the surge in demand over Coachella weekends wouldn't jack up the rates so astronomically. I would also be down with a location where there were more plentiful bottle refill stations so the lines weren't so long. And parking and road infastructure designed to accomodate thousand upon thousands of cars. But I have no idea where that location might be.

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Even this year? 10 minutes?
    Were you under the impression that space-time had been altered this year?

She is probably alluding to the fact that there was a specific bike route this year and certain roads were closed to all traffic.

Pot was probably alluding to something much more interesting than festival orienteering.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I would be down with a location that had enough nearby accomodation options that the surge in demand over Coachella weekends wouldn't jack up the rates so astronomically. I would also be down with a location where there were more plentiful bottle refill stations so the lines weren't so long. And parking and road infastructure designed to accomodate thousand upon thousands of cars. But I have no idea where that location might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I like that rainbow umbrella.

I think its pretty clear at this point that Mr. Torres realizes he made a huge mistake. It's no longer a question of whether or not Coachella will leave Indio, but rather when.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Nobody knows what will happen, but lets keep speculating regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I think Coachella will cease to exist at some point.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i still think ken should launch that recall campaign. teach those politicians not to fuck with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i still think ken should launch that recall campaign. teach those politicians not to fuck with us.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i love watching him talk with his hands
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Someone in the comments section of one of the Desert.com articles about Torres linked to a .pdf showing the list of Indio city officials who had received complimentary tickets to Coachella in 2012. You'll never guess who was at the top of the list, receiving 9 tickets (roughly $3000 worth, or more if VIP) and 3 VIP parking passes, which was more than any other city official.

Sam Torres.

I wonder if he has claimed those on his taxes?

The wise move here is to continue the agreement with Indio, while continuing to develop an external site in Thermal.

This way there's no deadline, no time frame, and things can be done correctly. Things tend to be done right when there aren't critical deadlines and ruptures in cashflow.

The festival can continue in 2014, and 2015 at Empire. 2016 the site can be shifted to an upgraded field, with no curfews, noise limits, etc. etc.

It's a win-win for everyone. Well, not Torres.

^^^ trouble w/ that is their current contract is only good through 2013. And then there will have to be more negotiations... It seems like the biggest issue here is developing a long term contract. So if Indio doesnt agree sometime soon, i see the move happening regardless.
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 07-06-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I wonder how all the people who attend Stagecoach feel about this. Did we forget about that little event that has sold out the past 2 years now in advance?

Yes.

I wonder how this has been affecting Paul's ability to focus on booking quality acts for 2013.

not at all.

I don't think they care. It's all about the beer.

I bet the Stagecoach crowd would be on-board for a move if it meant more hook-ups for their RVs.

..or a rape tent.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Or more space for beer pong.

Fingers crossed that there will not be a tax proposal that will result in $8 tamales.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzystareyes View Post
    I wonder how this has been affecting Paul's ability to focus on booking quality acts for 2013.
    It doesn't take much effort to simultaneously threaten Sam Torres while on the phone with the Black Keys' agent.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzystareyes View Post
    because he is the only person talking to bands or looking for new talent? And David Bowie is already booked, do we need anything else?

Hologram George Harrison performing Taxman for Coachella 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Hologram George Harrison performing Taxman for Coachella 2013!
    Clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.