Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

Default Re: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

Don't worry guys! Coachella is gunna move to VEGAS! Everyone bring your tutus and get ready to party with 300,000 of your closest friends!

Default Re: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

Goldenvoice/AEG is pushing Indio around? lololol

Change is inevitable, I know, but I'll be seriously bummed if they move it from the Polo Fields, even to this proposed second site.

Work it out, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I'm sure 300,000 was based on two weekends...so really 150,000 for a one weekend festival, which is still terrifying.
    Yes, that's what I mean. Having to deal with 150,000 people pushing and shoving to get to the rail for a band like Rage Against the Machine sounds pretty much like the opposite of a good time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    There's a full text message exchange you flustered cunt. I can judge for myself, and Skip Paige reads like an angry LMFAO jam.
    And I'm sure Sam sent everything within context, yup, just like every politician would.

As I said, I doubt they are really considering changing anything. It just seems like a lot of empty threats to me.

Oh the threats are real.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-30-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Yeah the threats are real. A lot of shit going down. I'm going to the city council meeting that is supposed to go down next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Yes, that's what I mean. Having to deal with 150,000 people pushing and shoving to get to the rail for a band like Rage Against the Machine sounds pretty much like the opposite of a good time to me.
    Cause Glastonbury looks like a terrible time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    24 hourchella with no beer gardens and a new venue fully customed forthe festival? Yes please.

And if it's the end of a Coachella; glad I went during the best years. Neener neener noob wieners

I doubt the beer garden thing goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    As I said, I doubt they are really considering changing anything. It just seems like a lot of empty threats to me.
    What Steve said

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Oh the threats are real.

And luckily Irvine won't be a place to move the festival either.
    Last edited by suprefan; 06-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.

People push and shove to get to the front rail no matter who's playing.

I wish Goldenvoice had bought Lubken Ranch, that would've been an amazing place to move to.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I don't believe any of this to be idle threats or talk...
    Sam torres tried to get the indio city council to approve this duplicitous proposal to FORCE a tax increase upon the backs of GV customer base to fix budget shortfalls in the city instead of making tough choices and cutting spending... paul t is not stupid and KNOWS he neede to nip this $HIT in the bud because what is going to happen next year when indio undoubtedly overspends and has another budget crisis? Ohhh wait I know they'll just tax the music festivals with the same myopic logic and litany of excuses on how this makes senses for indio... paul t HAD to confront this and draw a line in the sand... I don't believe he will hesitate for a second after making such a public statement he will rip coachellfest up from the roots and relocate it elsewhere... I would be very sad to see it leave and could only hope it doesn't come to pass... if it did move I could only hope it stays southern ca.
    Stays on grass (no deserts/dirt lots/no stadiums)
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Northern California wouldn't be so bad.

If they take the year off, what happens to the board?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    They will have to move the board.

The board will be taken down and we'll have to choose between the Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza board.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    coachellfest
    Only somebody from SJ would say this. QUIT IT.

What? Ummmmmm, doesnt the board do its thing for 50 weeks a year when the festival is not happening?

Post Re: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Only somebody from SJ would say this. QUIT IT.
    Missed a keystroke there
    -shrugs-

wasn't there some talk of golden voice doing 250k festivals in the OC great park?
    could coachella move to OC? . . .meh
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Right. That's exactly what the article said: "Tollett... said his ticketing agency had told him they could have sold 300,000 tickets to the two weekends of Coachella and 80,000 tickets to Stagecoach, making the prospect of a larger venue appealing."
    The first article mentions 225,000, and that's how they always seems to report it, they count each day separately. They used to say 180,000 back when they did 60,000 a day.

I WOULD read this as increasing 33%, not 100%. But the Stagecoach 80,000 figure doesn't make sense if you look at it that way (It's usually capped at 55,000).

We should keep in mind that this is a text message from a guy who was specifically trying to fuck with someone, and who mixed up the 2 polo clubs. Also, saying you CAN double attendance is not the same as saying you will. Right now, they are running pretty close to the legal capacity. If you knew you could theoretically sell an extra 75,000, it's not a gamble to get a new space big enough to add 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    The first article mentions 225,000, and that's how they always seems to report it, they count each day separately. They used to say 180,000 back when they did 60,000 a day.

I WOULD read this as increasing 33%, not 100%. But the Stagecoach 80,000 figure doesn't make sense if you look at it that way (It's usually capped at 55,000).

We should keep in mind that this is a text message from a guy who was specifically trying to fuck with someone, and who mixed up the 2 polo clubs. Also, saying you CAN double attendance is not the same as saying you will. Right now, they are running pretty close to the legal capacity. If you knew you could theoretically sell an extra 75,000, it's not a gamble to get a new space big enough to add 10,000.
    If this was all a ruse, gv would have the story pulled. I dont see that happening....

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDill View Post
    wasn't there some talk of golden voice doing 250k festivals in the OC great park?
    could coachella move to OC? . . .meh
    OC will not happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    Missed a keystroke there
    -shrugs-
    Maybe you need to get your eyes checked.

THIS SHIT SUCKS, IT FUCKING BLOWS THAT POLITICS GETS INVOLVED IN THIS SHIT. WHATEVS AT LEAST ILL BE GOING TO THE LAST ONE

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    If this was all a ruse, gv would have the story pulled. I dont see that happening...
    I never said anything about a ruse, just not to take the 300,000 as a literal intention of doubling the capacity.

Will they be bumping up taxes for the tamale festival? That's more important to find out at this time. Need tamales.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Have room in my back garden for some small acoustic sets and a Freshers lemonade stand, if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

You should get into contact with Paul ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Text messages preferably

NO NorCal.

NO Orange County.

Double the attendance, more than double the festival footprint, no curfew/after hours activities, beers/booze where you want? Where do I sign up? Sounds like Glasto!