Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

Default Re: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of moving it to a custom built space. Think of the possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: Goldenvoice threatens to move Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals from Indio

I just learned English and if I'm not mistaken, Skip Paige comes off as the asshole here.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    I just learned English and if I'm not mistaken, Skip Paige comes off as the asshole here.
    You must have not learned in American culture about biased writing, seeing as it is all Mydesert.com

2013 scalper sales will be fucking rediculous if they take advantage of the "Last Indio Coachella Ever and Last Coachella Before a Year Break" thing...

Fuck it, everyone makes money.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    You must have not learned in American culture about biased writing, seeing as it is all Mydesert.com
    There's a full text message exchange you flustered cunt. I can judge for myself, and Skip Paige reads like an angry LMFAO jam.

Coachella Junkie

Oh BTW we just won an award! Toot toot!

"Hey let me show you this transcribed text message session from my friends cell phone...who is the guy who wants way too much from the Promoter"

I usually expect you to be a bit sharper Pot, that summer heat is getting to your brain isnt it? Yes, Torres is completely a cool dude, he just wanted to be invited to more meetings, now they say "Go away!". Man GV is a bunch of jerks

Coachella Junkie

Oh, it's a conspiracy. I get it. Hold still while I fly this plane into you.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE HONEY ROASTED NUTS

I'm just confused by the fact that a business exhange is taking place by text message.

It was on a blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I'm just confused by the fact that a business exhange is taking place by text message.
    It is a little strange, I agree, but it was probably for the best versus face to face. I'm willing to bet Paige must have been fuming when he sending his reply, and you know he wanted to cuss his ass out, ; at least that's my initial reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

You'd be pretty hard pressed to find any sympathetic ears for Torres in this thread, aside from the usual pointlessly argumentative types.
    Last edited by CrimesceneCookie; 06-30-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of moving it to a custom built space. Think of the possibilities.
    They should move to Phoenix International Raceway. LOTS of space, excellent roads, and we can all party at your house!

Let's just find the ugliest place possible to hold it.

The part where Tollet muses about a bigger venue and selling 300,000 tickets is terrifying. I'm assuming this is all just an elaborate game of chicken and that they're not really going to move, but yeah. 300,000 people would be horrible.

I'm sure 300,000 was based on two weekends...so really 150,000 for a one weekend festival, which is still terrifying.

I'd like to see a Bonnaroo style set up with a Coachella style lineup (minus the hippies obviously).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    You'd be pretty hard pressed to find any sympathetic ears for Torres in this thread, aside from the usual pointlessly argumentative types.
    And, you know, people with the wherewithal to be honest about what appears to be a series of pointlessly confrontational drunk texts.

Pot/kettle, not knife/fork.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I'm sure 300,000 was based on two weekends...so really 150,000 for a one weekend festival, which is still terrifying.
    Right. That's exactly what the article said: "Tollett... said his ticketing agency had told him they could have sold 300,000 tickets to the two weekends of Coachella and 80,000 tickets to Stagecoach, making the prospect of a larger venue appealing."

And yeah, doubling the attendance would be insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    This^^

I love the Polo Fields, but I trust GV can find something comparable and possibly even better. Late night sets would be great. Also, with a later curfew you have the freedom to give certain acts longer sets. My Morning Jacket four hour set? Yes please. Sasha and Digweed for 3-4 hours? Where do I sign up?
    While obviously some acts merit huge sets (like both you mentioned), I actually like "festival sets". Sure I can sit through an hour and a half of my favorite band, but the beauty of festivals to me is getting a quick dose of a lot of acts that maybe you wouldn't pay to see in full. Fifty minutes is enough for me for a lot of the acts I see at Coachella, and a Bonnaroo style of set times would be rough for me. But I know I'm probably in the minority here.

I'd support doubling the attendance, as long as they have shuttle buses, and I get the front rail with Ken & Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    While obviously some acts merit huge sets (like both you mentioned), I actually like "festival sets". Sure I can sit through an hour and a half of my favorite band, but the beauty of festivals to me is getting a quick dose of a lot of acts that maybe you wouldn't pay to see in full. Fifty minutes is enough for me for a lot of the acts I see at Coachella, and a Bonnaroo style of set times would be rough for me. But I know I'm probably in the minority here.

Yeah, I feel you'd miss a lot with longer sets. Either other acts, or parts of the set. I don't freely those specified acts deem longer sets, thought I'd prefer one from MMJ much more than S&D. But that's just me.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

And, you know, people with the wherewithal to be honest about what appears to be a series of pointlessly confrontational drunk texts.
    I've got a great idea, let's send them to the local newspaper.

I would support longer sets, one of my choices for going to Coachella for so long was seeing many performers for one ticket price, but you got cut short of some sets, especially compared to the tour sets. Certain artist I would still see on their own tour due to a proper show/staging (NIN/Chem Bros etc), imagine if you will, a Chemical Brothers set from 11pm-3am? You jam band folk can have your crazy long sets too. It would be magic.

Double the attendance? They would probably find a venue that is double the size if not larger. If they sold out two weekends in less than a week, they can take the risk of changing the venue and increasing capacity.

All stages with no sound bleed from its neighbor? Relocation of the Do-Lab so people at the main stage can stop bitching about "that annoying techno noise from the don't lab"?! Fix the flow of human traffic even more! We could possibly get turkey legs also people.

AND WHAT ABOUT RV CAMPING POSSIBLY BEING BACK?!

Love the Polo Fields, but lets face it people.
    Coachella in Indio is OVER

Polo fields...R.I.P.?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Basically this. There is a lot of behind the scenes shit going on. Only think I know for certain is Goldenvoice/AEG has been big brother pushing little brother(Indio, Coachella Valley) around. Indio is standing up for itself, and the backlash is expected. I'm gonna find San Torres and make it my mission to have a sit down with him.