Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fox Theater vs Club Nokia?

Default Re: Fox Theater vs Club Nokia?

Thanks for the clarification, guys. It sounds like it varies a fair bit from show to show. My memory of it was from a well sold show with reserved seating upstairs. Although from what you guys are saying, it sounds like going up there might be a good way to get a drink quicker, even if you're ticket is for the floor.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    If it's a small camera you can usually sneak it in. I just put my wallet on top of it and throw it in the box at the Metal Detectors. Regardless you are still taking a risk.
    They won't confiscate it, right? Worst case scenario I could just take it back to my car.

Okay, can someone recommend the best free/cheap/non-shady parking closest to Club Nokia?? I'm going by myself tonight and don't feel like playing $20-25 to park.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    They won't confiscate it, right?
    walking in? no that would be theft. they'll either tell you no or let you bring it in. if you caught inside in a "no pictures" scenario, most places will either ask you to stop taking pics or have you check it in at the front and pick it up after the show (its almost always the former in my experience but i've seen the latter as well). with all the camera phones these days most places have adopted a more camera friendly policy.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    The best place to watch a show at Nokia is the floor. The sight lines in the balcony are ridiculous. Do not like.
    have you been to house of blues anahiem? if so how do the sight lines compare? if you havent been, the mouse house balcony is basically set up so that you better be on the balcony rail if you want to see even half the stage. whoever designed that place did it for looks not function.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Okay, can someone recommend the best free/cheap/non-shady parking closest to Club Nokia?? I'm going by myself tonight and don't feel like playing $20-25 to park.
    i've been to nokia theatre a few times, club nokia once. parking usually isnt an issue and can usually be found in surrounding areas for about $10. you might need to walk a block or two but for the most part its not too shady as long as you stay in the general LA Live area. lots of people around on weekends for other stuff at LA Live so just be aware of your surroundings like you would in any big city at night

enjoy the show guys! presets blueballs for the second year in a row for me :/