Thread: The Echo and Echoplex moved to Ticketfly

Default The Echo and Echoplex moved to Ticketfly

In case anyone doesn't go into the ticketmaster thread, just a quick FYI. Echo and Echoplex have moved their ticketing system from Ticketweb (which is owned by Ticketmaster) to Ticketfly. Upcoming calendar is here

Echo/Echoplex Calendar

if you go to the ticketweb page, all upcoming shows are listed as "Tickets no longer available", which usually means sold out. In this case it just means they aren't selling them on that site anymore.

The echo let me know via twitter that if you have any ticketweb tickets for upcoming shows, they will still be accepted/scanned at the door.

i'm hoping this means that hard tickets will be available at Origami vs having names on will call lists for upcoming shows at the venues.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: The Echo and Echoplex moved to Ticketfly

Problem with the hard ticket thing is none of these vendors have printers for these tickets, and typically don't have a numerical allotment. it'd be up to The Echo to provide physical tickets to the vendors, which they really could have done with Ticketweb too. The Knitting Factory used to sell their own hard tickets from their own hard tickets at the box office, but they had a ticketweb machine on site. That's all speculation on my part though.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Default Re: The Echo and Echoplex moved to Ticketfly

yeah, total speculation/hope on my part too. I do know that the Glasshouse has a printer in their office for ticketfly tickets. They keep 20 on hand in the front at the record store for all the shows for walk-in sales, then when they run out of those, they just pop in the office and print out another 20. It pulls from the same allotment that's available online. that's why when something sells out online, there's usually some tickets still left in the store.

as for Origami not having hard tickets, it would really depend on where the Echo puts their ticketfly printer. Since it's a newer company, their printers are probably cheaper and easier to provide to venues than an old-school, bulky TM machine. If it's inside the venue, then we could start getting hard tickets at the window (finally!) and they could have the same arrangement with Origami to give them an allotment as they did before.

i think it was just harder to coordinate because ticketweb wasn't as venue friendly, but (from what i've read) ticketfly is wwwwaaaayyyy easier to use costs a venue less to contract with. In fact, i remember when OV first switched over will-calling names for Echoplex shows, i told the guy in the store that will call sucked cuz I liked saving the stubs. He agreed, but said that printing out the tickets would cost the promoter more money than doing it the will-call method.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House