Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Primavera 2013

Default Re: Primavera 2013

Oh shit

At around midnight you will be able to find out on the giant screens who will be the first band to be part of the line up of #PS14 in BCN.

Daft Punk obviously..............

I'm going with Deerhunter
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Bilinda Butcher with The Jesus and Mary Chain

4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

the knife were brilliant last night, as well as neurosis
    shellac and the breeders both sucked
    blur were good again, pretty much the same set as coachella last month

The band for 2014 will be Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    One of the lemonade dudes at FYF has been selling lemonade at Phoenix sporting events for over 20 years. "Lemonade, Lemonade just like Grandma made". I was really surprised to see him there. /coolstorybro
    holy shit he's at FYF? i assume that's the same crazy old man I remember from Spring Training every year

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    The band for 2014 will be Neutral Milk Hotel
    I could see it. NMH would definitely want to take advantage of that payday.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I think you misunderstood - it's been officially announced.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by kfordham View Post
    I could see it. NMH would definitely want to take advantage of that payday.
    Www.primaverasound.com

The first band that will play at the next edition Primavera Sound in Barcelona has been announced. Neutral Milk Hotel, fronted by Jeff Mangum and authors of one of the key records of the 90s, the sublime "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea", will be in Barcelona in the last week of May 2014.

The full festival tickets for the next edition of the festival, that will take place on the 29th, 30th and 31st May of the next year will be on sale from June 3rd.
    Next week already?!

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Just got back to LA last night. FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Barcelona makes me hate fat sloppy America so fucking much. I wanted to vomit looking at the shitty people at our layover in Philadelphia.

Second Deerhunter show at the Apollo Theater downtown was really good. Day 2 of the festival was cold and windy but I didn't give shit. Met King Tuff walking around while watcher Liars. Got some good gig posters too (I'll post pics in that thread later).

Primavera > Coachella
    Last edited by Baby Sandwich; 05-29-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Glad you had a great time! I look forward to a full report if you have it in you. I agree. Primavera so far has been the best festival experience I have ever had.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Sandwich View Post

Primavera > Coachella
    Figured this one out in 2010.

Not surprising at all that 2014 goes onsale right after Porto ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Glad you had a great time! I look forward to a full report if you have it in you. I agree. Primavera so far has been the best festival experience I have ever had.
    Yeah I'll post some highlights and a few photos. I go back to work tomorrow. I really loved all the extra gigs the wristbands got you into outside of the festival as well.

Keep in mind this was also my first time to Barcelona so I was also buzzed on that whole experience.

Yeah, last year was my first time in Spain as well. We took two weeks for the whole trip and spent 5 days in Madrid before heading to Barca. Such an amazing and fun country. So much drinking.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Not surprising at all that 2014 goes onsale right after Porto ends.
    god no kidding. Goldenvoice can suck it. And you gotta love how they put on all the shows in the SoCal area in April but your Coachella purchase doesn't get you into any of it. Assholes.

(Still going to Coachella 2014 though... the group I go with makes me every year. Tradition, etc. whatever. bleh)

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Yeah, last year was my first time in Spain as well. We took two weeks for the whole trip and spent 5 days in Madrid before heading to Barca. Such an amazing and fun country. So much drinking.
    My girlfriend and I were there for about a week and a half. We just rented an old apartment near the Sagrada Família church. She's fluent in Spanish (Mexican family) and we just lived among the locals the majority of the time - avoided any tourist shit. Hung out at the beach, the park, drank a lot, ate a lot, banged a lot, and of course the festival. It was pretty much paradise for a person like me.

Goat, Go-Neko! And Daughter were my favourite sets of the weekend. Looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow. Shitty crowd this year. Coked up gap year twats, mostly. It's amazing how bad a crowd can turn once a fest starts getting featured in Vogue etc (see also Coachella).
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

god no kidding. Goldenvoice can suck it. And you gotta love how they put on all the shows in the SoCal area in April but your Coachella purchase doesn't get you into any of it. Assholes.

(Still going to Coachella 2014 though... the group I go with makes me every year. Tradition, etc. whatever. bleh)
    What other shows did you get to go to with your Primavera ticket?

There is a whole week of them. I got to see The Breeders at Sala Apolo, and Julie Doiron and The Orchids at Barts.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

That's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Figured this one out in 2010.
    Absolutely no one gives a fuck.

Just got back to LA last night. FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Barcelona makes me hate fat sloppy America so fucking much. I wanted to vomit looking at the shitty people at our layover in Philadelphia.

Second Deerhunter show at the Apollo Theater downtown was really good. Day 2 of the festival was cold and windy but I didn't give shit. Met King Tuff walking around while watcher Liars. Got some good gig posters too (I'll post pics in that thread later).

Primavera > Coachella
    How was Liars? Their new "new" stuff sounds promising doesn't it?

ps Did you catch Pantha Du Prince & the Bell Laboratory? I caught the show last night and I'm still in shock with what I saw. Absolutely life changing set!

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    What other shows did you get to go to with your Primavera ticket?
    John Talabot, Deerhunter, and The 2 Bears.

I missed Poolside.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Absolutely no one gives a fuck.
    This should be the default response to every Supre post

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

John Talabot, Deerhunter, and The 2 Bears.

I missed Poolside.
    is deerhunter killing it or what? ly excited to see them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Bradford was on my very small 40 seater plane to Porto and had a complete hissy fit over his luggage getting damaged. Acted like a 10 year old child. The Pantha Du Prince set was pretty wonderful.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

an disorganized collection of my thoughts about primavera:

the whole area has this odd smell that is somewhere between mildew and a brewery.

it's a scenic location though a bit windy at times.

the quality of musical acts I got see over the course of the festival is amongst the highest I've seen at any festival.

I'm very impressed by the size of crowds that acts get here. especially those that filled the auditorium - I would not have anticipated that place filling up. it's as if the bands were popular. it's nice to see good bands getting recognition.

the auditorium is a fantastic, beautiful place. watching shows in here reminded me of ATP NJ.

the strict camera policy inside the auditorium is BS. they were confiscating batteries on the way in, yet the first thing I saw when I walked in was people snapping pictures of each other.

I don't understand why the guys wandering around sell beer in liters but the beer stands don't.

fuck heineken.

portapotty urinals need to make their way to US festivals.

besides the higher quality of music acts, the main festival (not the auditorium) didn't feel any different to any major mainstream festival to me. which is not a good thing. in particular: getting very crowded at times, lots of disrespectful assholes, and people who feel entitled to leave their trash everywhere.

all of the waste bins were labeled as if they were for recycling cups only, but there was nowhere else to put trash.

at one point I sat through video commercials on the main stage screens between sets.

the main stage video screens were at times noticeably delayed. in particular I noticed this for JAMC and Nick Cave. it was very annoying, seeing something slightly after I have heard it.

there's not much non-musical attraction here.

the rough trade tent's vinyl collection was a little sad. some of the the vendors had better collections but were overpriced.

I hear that trying to get into the club show wednesday night was a clusterfuck.

attending primavera made me miss coachella.

my favorite part musically was seeing pantha du prince & the bell laboratory -> nills frahm -> apparat playing krieg und frieden in the auditorium. absolutely fantastic, all three of them, and to see them back to back was stunning. I also thoroughly enjoyed fuck buttons' set. blur were marvelous. I really enjoyed the knife's dance-act set that everyone is so iffy about. sitting and feeling the ground rumble during james blake's set was also quite nice. there were a lot of great moments. based on music quality alone this is probably in the top two or three festivals I've been to, but as an overall festival experience I'd say it's about average. I enjoyed myself but don't think I will be headed back any time soon.

There was definitely a different crowd than usual this year. A lot more English and Irish groups of drunk lads. The site is also usually a lot warmer.