Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314

Thread: Primavera 2013

Default Re: Primavera 2013

this was my first primavera, and i find it really funny to hear that people find this better than coachella.
    at every corner you can see how influenced they are by coachella (and in part by sxsw).
    line up - yes it was brilliant, and yes better than coachella this year (Fiona cancelling made it not that brilliant in the end)
    but i always find it wrong when the best thing at a festival is the music (no matter how stupid this may sound)
    primavera to me seemed really soul-less, crowd was really really bad
    i never witness such brilliant shows with so little crowd enthusiasm
    unfortunately its because 90% of primavera line up is great reunions that attract boring 30+ crowds (like myself) that watch the show trying to keep it cool
    and everyone EVERYONE fuckin talks during the sets, Neurosis are just murdering my face and vagina, and some old spanish dudes are just talking randomly in 7th row about some everyday issuses, jesus fuckin christ

festival needs kids, people into current music, it needs screaming, loudness and acting stupid, festivals need passion

here there were tons of brits that were loud only during blur

also this location compared to coachella - c'mon ??

i know its cool hatin on coachella cause it got too big, and yes i hated this years line up, but i will always travel across half the world to witness it, rather than go to primavera, even though i am european i can go to barcelona in a heartbeat

and i understand it will always be easier for US fest to get that big and cool, cause of a massive market and all, and i feel for primavera organizers cause i think in spain noone cares for most of the line up, i personally think they dont sell more than 45-50% of all tickets in spain...if it werent for brits and international people, it would be really really hard for them to keep the fest going

but yes, i give them an A for trying, brilliant line up, well done guys... but location, crowd, on location details and organization etc...

I will always go to a music festival based on the music. Not to get off my tits and party etc. Different strokes. It's not a music and art festival. I'd like some further explanation on how it copies Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Very tempting....

Next Monday June 3rd at midday (CET) the full festival tickets for Primavera Sound 2014 in Barcelona will go on sale until they sell out:

- Primavera Sound 2014 full festival ticket in Barcelona: 99€ (limit of 1000 units)
    - VIP Primavera Sound 2014 full festival ticket in Barcelona: 150€ (limit of 1000 units)

PRIMAVERA SOUND 2014 IN BARCELONA: 29th, 30th AND 31st MAY

Distribution costs are not included in the price of the tickets.

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sladokusac View Post
    this was my first primavera, and i find it really funny to hear that people find this better than coachella.
    at every corner you can see how influenced they are by coachella (and in part by sxsw).
    line up - yes it was brilliant, and yes better than coachella this year (Fiona cancelling made it not that brilliant in the end)
    but i always find it wrong when the best thing at a festival is the music (no matter how stupid this may sound)
    primavera to me seemed really soul-less, crowd was really really bad
    i never witness such brilliant shows with so little crowd enthusiasm
    unfortunately its because 90% of primavera line up is great reunions that attract boring 30+ crowds (like myself) that watch the show trying to keep it cool
    and everyone EVERYONE fuckin talks during the sets, Neurosis are just murdering my face and vagina, and some old spanish dudes are just talking randomly in 7th row about some everyday issuses, jesus fuckin christ

festival needs kids, people into current music, it needs screaming, loudness and acting stupid, festivals need passion

here there were tons of brits that were loud only during blur

also this location compared to coachella - c'mon ??

i know its cool hatin on coachella cause it got too big, and yes i hated this years line up, but i will always travel across half the world to witness it, rather than go to primavera, even though i am european i can go to barcelona in a heartbeat

and i understand it will always be easier for US fest to get that big and cool, cause of a massive market and all, and i feel for primavera organizers cause i think in spain noone cares for most of the line up, i personally think they dont sell more than 45-50% of all tickets in spain...if it werent for brits and international people, it would be really really hard for them to keep the fest going

but yes, i give them an A for trying, brilliant line up, well done guys... but location, crowd, on location details and organization etc...
    Extremely stupid. People like you are the absolute worst. I understand getting annoyed at talkers during a performance, but to think that a festival needs to have a bunch of 18-21 year olds acting like shitheads in order for it to have "soul" is just idiotic.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

yes i am an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    to think that a festival needs to have a bunch of 18-21 year olds acting like shitheads in order for it to have "soul" is just idiotic.
    Fraternity Bros in "wacky hats" = SOUL

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Different strokes for different folks, i guess. It does sound like the crowd this years was WAY different than what I saw last last year, but overall the entire experience that I had was really incredible.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

From facebook comments, it sounds like a lot of people weren't happy with the ticket sales this morning. Something with the portal being blocked? Anyway, I'm surprised to see the price increase for VIP tickets...

PRIMAVERA SOUND BARCELONA 29, 30 and 31, 2014: MAYO _ REDUCED-PRICE TICKETS FOR PRIMAVERA SOUND FESTIVAL SHEET 2014 IN BARCELONA The first batch of full festival ticket for 2014 in Barcelona Primavera Sound have sold out.

Next Monday 10th June at midday (CET) on second batch of 1000 full festival tickets for 2014 in Barcelona Primavera Sound will go on sale at the price of 115 €. It will also be possible to buy the VIP ticket for the Primavera Sound festival in Barcelona sheet at the price of € 250.

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Would never pay that for VIP. Not going to drink that many 1 Euro beers.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Would never pay that for VIP. Not going to drink that many 1 Euro beers.
    Agreed.

And could you imagine how windy it was up on that ledge/ramp thing by the Farris wheel? Wasn't that a VIP bar up there?

Yeah - pretty bad soundbleed in that VIP area, so it was pretty pointless. People were sitting in there watching the webcast on monitors. What exactly the fuck is the point of that?

I realize many of you were either there this year or have been several times before, but here are some crappy pics from my iphone if anyone was interested.

The Knife in the middle of their weird choreographed aerobics dance thing. The wtf? look on some people’s faces was pretty entertaining.

Just after Apparat’s Krieg und Frieden set inside the auditorium (really fucking good by the way)

One of the beer backpack guys running around.

Deerhunter

Don’t remember who this was

misc. Barcelona

Good times overall. Worth going back.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    is deerhunter killing it or what? ly excited to see them again.
    yes.

I was a little apprehensive after Josh left, but the new guy holds up. Although "Nothing Ever Happened" wont be played. Bradford is currently into this 1970's American punk vibe (dyed his hair black, etc.) He wore a dress at the festival, but didn't at the Apollo gig later on. They opened with "Cover Me (Slowly)/Agoraphobia" at the festival and at the Apollo they opened with "Cryptograms". The rest of the sets were mostly Monomania tracks. One of the bigger crowed pleasers was "T.H.M."