Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA compares themselves to THE BEATLES

Default Re: SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA compares themselves to THE BEATLES

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

All DJ's are glorified button pushers - deadmau five

http://gizmodo.com/5921053/all-djs-a...button-pushers

The fiver might be the most arrogant overhyped clueless dipshit in the scene. And this scene includes guys like the swedes, aoki and skrillex.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Me thinks the 5er is on bath salts and spice. He doesn't do illegal drugs.

That article is beyond reason, what a giant fuck you towards every real artist that is trying to progress the medium. Never seen an edm artist produce something live? Why dont you go watch sbtrkt you skinny little bitch.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Say what you want. He knows he is stating a generality and he's fucking right about it.

He just knows how to influence preteens with tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Say what you want. He knows he is stating a generality and he's fucking right about it.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    He is right about what, he and the other acts that he considers his peers are absolutely fucking bullshit? We have known this for quite some time, sounds like he just realized it and is angry.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    The fiver might be the most arrogant overhyped clueless dipshit in the scene. And this scene includes guys like the swedes, aoki and skrillex.
    http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl...dance_Deadmau5

deadmau5 is the only respectable person that you could consider "mainstream" edm in my opinion, and Richie hawtin's...

Actually, it seems Deadmau5 is finally realizing what the EDM scene is becoming. Yes, not all djs are button pushers. I've seen a few djs throw live mixes in their sets, which is very refreshing and unique to see. Lets be realistic though; almost ever main stream djs pretend to dj now a days.

Tmac posted this on the HARD Festival thread.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...usic-promoter/

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...ic-Park/page13

I know this is a lame Swedish House Mafia joke thread, but what are you opinions about big corporations taking over these events? I bet Disney might end up buying Insomniac.

Any one else feel like this is a very bad move on behalf of all these corporations? I mean the scene is not going to grow more than it already has, there's only one way from here and that's down hill. It's funny how history repeats itself. I'm guessing the owner of HARD is realizing this because they most likely haven't reached the quota for tickets sold for HARD summer; since they've offered payment plans and single day passes. Seems like a desperate move to get some more sales, the price hasn't gone up in a while. The only dance events that I see surviving this down fall would be insomniac and UMF.
    Last edited by Digitalstereo; 06-27-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Insomniac already allegedly turned down live nation's offer. The problem with live nation throwing edm events is the following...they pay DJ's double the money of anybody else. Guetta got paid $400,000 for I Love This City, Tiesto got $200,000. No I'm not making this up, they pay them double and say that they must be exclusive to their festival, meaning that they can not play any other shows in or around that city for 90 days. Why is this bad? Sooner or later, DJ's will not come play at clubs or other events when they can just make double their money from live nation. We've already seen the top line go, people like Avicii, Guetta, deadmau5, etc are too big and expensive for clubs now. Yeah most people who have listened to electronic music for a while hate them, but soon it will be the mid level people who join these ranks as well which is disappointing to me. If I want to see Wolfgang Gartner I'd have to see him at some shitty 16+ festival and not a 21+ club? Who knows what it means with them buying out HARD and Creamfields now, considering those have been known to book more quality underground artists. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out I guess...maybe its a good thing because it'll allow HARD to throw more events with both their usual bookings as well as some new ones now. we'll have to wait and see but I personally think it will just mean more commercialization of EDM

also, I thought Gary would be the last person to sell out like this, let's hope its for the best
    Last edited by nick5745; 06-27-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Fiver has played the same set since 2008, what evidence suggests that the scene is collapsing when its proven that someone can recycle the same shit for half a decade and continue to grow in popularity?

The scene isnt going anywhere. The kids need a new provacative form of music, and it is edm. 16 year olds are jaming to "club songs" and dubstep, not punk or heavy metal.

Fiver has played the same set since 2008, what evidence suggests that the scene is collapsing when its proven that someone can recycle the same shit for half a decade and continue to grow in popularity?
    That's just not true. I saw him in 2008 and probably about five times since then and his set on his most recent tour was much different.

I'm done defending him tho. I like some of the dude's music because I'm a Prog House lover but I think he's a prick and is hypocritical in his opinions.

At least he is honest in saying what he does on stage doesn't take much skill
    Last edited by nick5745; 06-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.

The scene isnt going anywhere. The kids need a new provacative form of music, and it is edm. 16 year olds are jaming to "club songs" and dubstep, not punk or heavy metal.
    All credibility about this post was thrown away right at the start, come back when you're not going to spew bull shit

https://twitter.com/Axwell/status/218430858066018305

"Dj sneak is not an original house gangster - he is a bitchy old grumpy bitter man ! Well established fact" - Axwell

I was reading an article about that last month. That's where Gary Richard stated these events could not be franchised; which astonished me to read he had sold HARD to a company like Live Nation. There's something going on that we don't know about. I know insomniac is too big of a festival to be sold, until the right bidder comes along. The scene is dying, lets not deny that. May be not EDC or big events but when it comes down to smaller events, people are not attending these unless a big name dj is there. When I talk about the scene I'm not talking about what the mainstream media deems it but what true techno, minimal, psych, trance, house, and ect see it.

I'm definitely not worried about not seeing big name djs at festivals or even clubs because well, I honestly don't care for them. I'm more interested on the upcoming djs and what they can offer and I hope Live Nation does not turn HARD into some kiddie festival with Afro Jack headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    Insomniac already allegedly turned down live nation's offer. The problem with live nation throwing edm events is the following...they pay DJ's double the money of anybody else. Guetta got paid $400,000 for I Love This City, Tiesto got $200,000. No I'm not making this up, they pay them double and say that they must be exclusive to their festival, meaning that they can not play any other shows in or around that city for 90 days. Why is this bad? Sooner or later, DJ's will not come play at clubs or other events when they can just make double their money from live nation. We've already seen the top line go, people like Avicii, Guetta, deadmau5, etc are too big and expensive for clubs now. Yeah most people who have listened to electronic music for a while hate them, but soon it will be the mid level people who join these ranks as well which is disappointing to me. If I want to see Wolfgang Gartner I'd have to see him at some shitty 16+ festival and not a 21+ club? Who knows what it means with them buying out HARD and Creamfields now, considering those have been known to book more quality underground artists. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out I guess...maybe its a good thing because it'll allow HARD to throw more events with both their usual bookings as well as some new ones now. we'll have to wait and see but I personally think it will just mean more commercialization of EDM

also, I thought Gary would be the last person to sell out like this, let's hope its for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalstereo View Post
    I know this is a lame Swedish House Mafia joke thread, but what are you opinions about big corporations taking over these events? I bet Disney might end up buying Insomniac.

Any one else feel like this is a very bad move on behalf of all these corporations? I mean the scene is not going to grow more than it already has, there's only one way from here and that's down hill. It's funny how history repeats itself. I'm guessing the owner of HARD is realizing this because they most likely haven't reached the quota for tickets sold for HARD summer; since they've offered payment plans and single day passes. Seems like a desperate move to get some more sales, the price hasn't gone up in a while. The only dance events that I see surviving this down fall would be insomniac and UMF.
    Actually, I think DEMF and dB will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalstereo View Post
    I was reading an article about that last month. That's where Gary Richard stated these events could not be franchised; which astonished me to read he had sold HARD to a company like Live Nation. There's something going on that we don't know about. I know insomniac is too big of a festival to be sold, until the right bidder comes along. The scene is dying, lets not deny that. May be not EDC or big events but when it comes down to smaller events, people are not attending these unless a big name dj is there. When I talk about the scene I'm not talking about what the mainstream media deems it but what true techno, minimal, psych, trance, house, and ect see it. I'm definitely not worried about not seeing big name djs at festivals or even clubs because well, I honestly don't care for them. I'm more interested on the upcoming djs and what they can offer and I hope Live Nation does not turn HARD into some kiddie festival with Afro Jack headlining.
    What the fuck are you on about? Where do you live? LA/SF/NYC ... these places are not suffering from moribund underground scenes.

He seems to be suggesting that HARD is the equivalent of the scene that is dying. Which is certainly...not true from my perspective. At all.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

sonicc's post in this thread is one of my favorite Coachella board moments.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    This can't be happening...

Music will never be the same, PERIOD.
    You can practically see his heart break. or at least his willingness to troll.

He seems to be suggesting that HARD is the equivalent of the scene that is dying. Which is certainly...not true from my perspective. At all.
    Just incase you missed it.

"When I talk about the scene I'm not talking about what the mainstream media deems it but what true techno, minimal, psych, trance, house, and ect see it. "

that's because in the places you mentioned above are filled with virtual dj kids. I'm talking about serious producers who come up with actual dance music not generic filth.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

fucking lol

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...mafia-concert/

Less than a day after the Cro-Mags saw (and felt) their former bassist wreck havoc on its New York City Show, the music world was plagued by another bizarre act of violence. According to NME, nine people suffered injuries after being stabbed, and one man died from a suspected drug overdose during Swedish House Mafia’s show in Dublin on Saturday night.

Two separate stabbing incidents took place during the concert: a 23-year-old man allegedly attacked four people, while five other were injured during a fight involving broken bottlers and knives. Three of the victims were seriously injured, with one left in a critical condition.

In all, 30 people were arrested and charged with assault, drugs, and other offenses during the show.

As previously reported, Swedish House Mafia is amidst its final tour ever.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Wow. See what happens when you involve the mafia and concerts? Someone always gets hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I heard that people that attended the concert had a killer time.