Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 'I Hate Children' Thread

Default Re: The 'I Hate Children' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I was spanked and smacked as a kid and then sometime in the 80's the line got blurred between discipline and child abuse, and then it suddenly became criminal. My mom went through a phase where she claimed she didn't remember ever hitting us as kids, and over the years I've had to remind her of a few episodes. That said, I see kids now and how they behave in restaurants or shops, and know without a doubt had I behaved that way as a child I would have gotten a wicked spanking. It seems now even though there is a difference between hitting a kid and physically restraining a kid, there will always be someone that views any physical intervention as abusive - and it can prevent the parent from doing what may be needed.
    i remember some bullshit therapists/advocates years ago constantly saying that instead of using the term "spanking" it needed to be called "hitting" because that's what it was. so ridiculous. an open hand to the ass is far different than a closed fist to anywhere else on the body. on the rare occasion we spank our kids' hands when called for and have no qualms about it.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-21-2012 at 02:44 PM.

if i had acted like those kids in that video, i wouldn't be here today. my dad would've killed me. or at the very least put me in the hospital
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

I think if a small child is about to do something dangerous (like reach for the fire, take off his/her seatbelt), it's your duty as a parent to swat the child.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I was spanked and smacked as a kid and then sometime in the 80's the line got blurred between discipline and child abuse, and then it suddenly became criminal. My mom went through a phase where she claimed she didn't remember ever hitting us as kids, and over the years I've had to remind her of a few episodes. That said, I see kids now and how they behave in restaurants or shops, and know without a doubt had I behaved that way as a child I would have gotten a wicked spanking. It seems now even though there is a difference between hitting a kid and physically restraining a kid, there will always be someone that views any physical intervention as abusive - and it can prevent the parent from doing what may be needed.
    I was just talking with someone today about why we don't have our own kids. Among the many reasons, one of them is outside influence. I gotta send them to school or the playground with these savages who's parents don't give a fuck. I'm not ready to accept that. And yeah, we got spanked good when we were asking for it. If I had threatened to call the cops on my mom, she would have gladly given me a legitimate reason.

so far our daughter has done great in school, finishes kindergarten tomorrow. you could tell right away when the sassy talk started that it was related to kids at school who were acting like that. it was easy to correct, though, because we have such a solid family unit and she has been raised from day one with the manners and respect necessary to be a good kid. she knows right from wrong and knows how to react when the shithead kids are out of control. it's been amazing to see her growth in such a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    I was just talking with someone today about why we don't have our own kids. Among the many reasons, one of them is outside influence. I gotta send them to school or the playground with these savages who's parents don't give a fuck. I'm not ready to accept that. And yeah, we got spanked good when we were asking for it. If I had threatened to call the cops on my mom, she would have gladly given me a legitimate reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    i remember some bullshit therapists/advocates years ago constantly saying that instead of using the term "spanking" it needed to be called "hitting" because that's what it was. so ridiculous. an open hand to the ass is far different than a closed fist to anywhere else on the body. on the rare occasion we spank our kids' hands when called for and have no qualms about it.
    A smack on the bottom is a far cry from a closed fist punch, which is something I never got thankfully - but I would have to say I felt like a smack to the head or upside the head (which I did get on occasion) was more like hitting than a spanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    wanna really hate kids? their parents should be arrested for the job they've done...and the kids punched in the throat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...&ncid=webmail2
    This actually made the news here in Australia this evening. I only got about 2mins into watching it, it repulses me completely. I never understand why some kids these days are so proud of their deplorable behaviour that they film it and post it online.

I will add this to things I hate about children. I have zero paternal instincts and NEVER want to inflict my demon spawn on the world. Here in my ass about country instead of discouraging the morons and lunatic fringe from adding to our over populated world we actually pay a government bonus when your baby is born ! For cracking the code of reproduction you receive a lump sum of something like $4000 with no obligation to spend any of it on the kid.

It is the biggest failing of evolution that reproduction is so easy and so much fun. Imagine if conception was as painful as childbirth and childbirth as enjoyable as conception - that would solve a few problems !

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

A smack on the bottom is a far cry from a closed fist punch, which is something I never got thankfully - but I would have to say I felt like a smack to the head or upside the head (which I did get on occasion) was more like hitting than a spanking.
    were you acting up?

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Quote Originally Posted by vulcandeathgrip View Post
    Here in my ass about country instead of discouraging the morons and lunatic fringe from adding to our over populated world we actually pay a government bonus when your baby is born ! For cracking the code of reproduction you receive a lump sum of something like $4000 with no obligation to spend any of it on the kid.
    Holy shit. That is just wrong.

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    were you acting up?
    From what I recall of one episode in particular, I think I just said something that offended my mom. But it wasn't intended.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

My six year old is really starting to fuck with me. Actual conversations:

Her: How far away is LAX dad?
    Me: About an hour
    Her: Or like 30 minutes, right?
    Her: It's less than an hour, like a half hour away, right?

or

Her: How many more days until (anyone's) birthday?
    Me: 3 weeks
    Her: Almost 3 weeks, more like 2, right?

or

Her: How much longer until dinner is ready?
    Me: 10 minutes
    Her: or closer to 6 minutes, right dad?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

she should represent you in mexican blanket haggling situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    My six year old is really starting to fuck with me. Actual conversations:

Her: How far away is LAX dad?
    Me: About an hour
    Her: Or like 30 minutes, right?
    Her: It's less than an hour, like a half hour away, right?

or

Her: How many more days until (anyone's) birthday?
    Me: 3 weeks
    Her: Almost 3 weeks, more like 2, right?

or

Her: How much longer until dinner is ready?
    Me: 10 minutes
    Her: or closer to 6 minutes, right dad?
    I used to do this to my dad. His response to everything was: "15 minutes." No matter the scenario/time frame.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

EVERYWHERE IN LA TAKES TWENTY MINUTES
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Dan Hedaya ftw.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

I nearly manslaughtered (childslaughtered?) an infant yesterday. I borrowed my mom's car for the day, which meant I had to drop her off and pick her up from work. I ended up going canoeing with some friends but because everyone I know is a stoner, it took forever to actually get out on the lake, so we didn't have much time to actually canoe before I had to pick my mom up. So I'm speeding across town to get to her job on one of the major thoroughfares that runs through the ghetto and as I'm going like 45 in a 35 zone, this fucking infant just runs out into the street from the curb and I halt to a dead stop. Luckily, there's a little bit of space between the lane and where the curb is, a couple of feet with a white line, but I was seriously close to running down this like 4 year old. And it's mother (I assume) was several yards away on the sidewalk with another kid by her side. And what does she do? Does she scream, run in panic, tell her kid to please god stay away from the road, scream obscenities at me? Fuck no. She just kind of looks on casually like it's no big deal, whatever, her kid is in the street far away from her while traffic is speeding by. How the fuck are these people allowed to breed?
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Dan Hedaya ftw.
    He was an even more hilarious dad in Night at the Roxbury. "What you idiots doing????!!!"

I used to do this to my dad. His response to everything was: "15 minutes." No matter the scenario/time frame.
    My kids only understood time in scooby doo time, if we were an hour away we said 2 scooby doos, if it was 15 minutes we said the ghost was chasing the kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Recently, I was at this girl's house and when I went to use the restroom, this infant came out of one of the rooms and was crying. The mother told the baby's 4 years old sister to change the diaper. This was unsettling to me, so i did it, and proceeded to hold the baby. After about twenty minutes, my arms were getting tired (I'm not a parent, so don't hold it against me) & I thought I would give the little back to her mother. She reluctantly took her and said, "thats why you dont hold them." I was shocked and felt sorry for the tots.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I think I actually hate the awful parents I see versus the kids. I once watched a woman change a child's dirty diaper on the floor of an airplane gate, right in front of the check-in area, with no blanket or anything between the dirty airport carpet and this kid's bare butt. I posted a comment to Facebook asking parents (which I am not) if this was appropriate parenting behavior, and the commentary that followed was like a shit storm. People were strongly divided. Personally I thought it was gross. There was a washroom 20 ft away, with a diaper change station. We weren't boarding or anything. But some parents were offended that I was offended by it, not only having to see her do it - but that I would question that parent's need to care for their kid in that moment.

I am offended if I see parents let their kids run around in just diapers, put some fucking clothes on your kids. So yes, as a parent I would not change their diaper in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

If there was a bathroom near there with empty stalls, I would say yeah, go change her there, but airports are hectic places, so I can see the need to do it on a ground if she were really desperate. That is much better than doing it on a plane. The mother should have been more prepared and have ablankets or changing pad or SOMETHING though. Ugh I remember the baby/airport days. Awful awful.

Was the gross part having to see the baby's shitty butt or were you offended by the perceived uncleanliness of the scenario?

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

I was driving to work yesterday and saw a child barefoot and only in a diaper who had to be less than 2 years old running across 40th street north of Baseline Rd, a major intersection here in Phoenix, during rush hour! Some cars had stopped going in the other direction to make sure the girl was alright. But come on, how the f can you let that happen! It was like 95 degrees out at that point!
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Appalling.

my dad was like that when we were kids. we'd be road tripping up north and every time we asked him how much longer it would be "2 hours".

Almost everyone I know has kids except of a small group of couples. The ones with kids are miserable, depressed, and struggling. The other group without kids are so much fun and are happy and love to do things that don't revolve around the depenancy of another life 24/7. I'm pretty sure I hate children and will never have them. Just moar puppies and kitties.