Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indio Councilman Sam Torres wants to tax Coachella out of existance

Default Re: Indio Councilman Sam Torres wants to tax Coachella out of existance

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. nowhere does it say GV is buying the great park, just that they were planning to put on some shows there.
    Sorry - but same difference. It doesn't really matter to us if GV owns the land or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

For the basis of your argument, it actually does matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    For the basis of your argument, it actually does matter.
    My argument of "They could move Coachella to the bigger Great Park in Irvine"?
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    My argument of "They could move Coachella to the bigger Great Park in Irvine"?
    If only there were some way for us to go back and see what you had previously written...

Any magic that might be lost by leaving the polo fields wouldn't compare at all to the magic of a bigger one weekend only festival at their bigger Great Park site. I say ditch the polo fields
    (emphasis mine)

Someone posted an article on these forums (possibly more than one article) discussing how Goldenvoice was purchasing the Great Park in Irvine for the specific purpose of holding music festivals, and how it has a capacity much larger than Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

We should totally move it to Irvine, and do it in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    If only there were some way for us to go back and see what you had previously written...

Yes, I was wrong about them owning or purchasing the park, but Goldenvoice is putting "final touches on a contract that would allow Goldenvoice, the promoter behind the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, to stage a large, multi-day music festival at the Orange County Great Park as soon as 2013." So it is a possibility that GV could theoretically move/make a new festival in Irvine. Am I seriously not allowed to have casual conversation on these boards without triple-checking my comments? I'm not writing a fucking research paper. You are totally allowed to disagree with me (in fact, I expect you to), but I think a bigger festival in Irvine would be cool. That's all I was trying to say. Leave me alone.

I'm with this guy ^ lets move it to Irvine and have mostly Brazilian acts.

Lets just bring Carnivale to the streets of Irvine. The city could use more brown nudity.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Yes, I was wrong about them owning or purchasing the park, but Goldenvoice is putting "final touches on a contract that would allow Goldenvoice, the promoter behind the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, to stage a large, multi-day music festival at the Orange County Great Park as soon as 2013." So it is a possibility that GV could theoretically move/make a new festival in Irvine. Am I seriously not allowed to have casual conversation on these boards without triple-checking my comments? I'm not writing a fucking research paper. You are totally allowed to disagree with me (in fact, I expect you to), but I think a bigger festival in Irvine would be cool. That's all I was trying to say. Leave me alone.
    They had Warped Tour there this year. Totally sick bro
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Gnarly dude

Yeah, you all love Coachella because it's in bum-fuck indio, not because lineup, people, art, and atmosphere. If it was anywhere else it would totally suck!!!

Yeah, you all love Coachella because it's in bum-fuck indio, not because lineup, people, art, and atmosphere. If it was anywhere else it would totally suck!!!
    Actually the location is a big part of it. I'm assuming you've seen the beauty of the mountains and the setting sun there...pretty hard to beat. I agree if they could take the same vibe and put it in another equally cool location with other bonuses like later set times, it might be worth it, but Irvine is not that place. If you actually read that article you'd know that Irvine is super conservative and does not want to even allow alcohol at this new fest they are planning. So tell me how a sterilized Coachella fest in lame ass orange county would be better than what it currently is?

I'm not trying to nit pick you by the way, just pointing out that your argument sucks.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I agree the mountains are sick, but I think an upgrade in size would help Coachella, particularly with this ticket purchase fuckfest we have to go through now every year. EDC fit over >100k people at the speedway and it didn't feel more crowded than Coachella was. I value fitting more people into Coachella and reducing the ticket headaches over the mountains.

It's not like I'm saying move it to Irvine because Irvine is so awesome. Everyone on these boards has been bitching about the fact that tickets sell out in minutes - this is a potential solution to that problem. I realize this opinion is in the minority.

More people at the fest and 3 hours further away from me? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Atmosphere is a huge draw to Coachella for me. Irvine is the death knell to any kind of "atmosphere", and I'm someone who generally "likes" Orange County.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Nobody wants the capacity to be bigger. That's stupid.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Sam Torres should stand out front of Coachella with a giant tip jar and everyone can give him money when they go into Coachella. What he does with it isn't our problem.

Don't think Irvine would work.... parking/camping? That just sounds like a nightmare.

couldnt they just have a different music festival in irvine?

Quote Originally Posted by H_is_O View Post
    couldnt they just have a different music festival in irvine?
    YOU
    are a different music festival in Irvine!

I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT THAT WAY

Quote Originally Posted by H_is_O View Post
    I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT THAT WAY