Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 244

Thread: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

  1. #121
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    With GV saying during the presage that for wristbands "no more remaining" and camping was "sold out", doesn't that mean that anyone buying wristbands in January will be forced to stay at a hotel or know a friends with camping?

    I thought all rooms were sold out the past couple years whether or not GV bought up packages?

    Is there really 9,000 people each weekend that like paying for minimal VIP perks rather than put that money towards a room?
    No. I think there are 9,000 people who will buy tickets from stubhub for a few bucks above ticket cost.

    People who are going to book hotels are going to buy packages, otherwise they're fucking retarded. There are places to stay, Lake Cahuilia hasn't sold out in years i believe, and there are always cheap motels outside of the immediate area. I wouldn't know, I camp. The only ones i know who get hotels are old people. A rental or condo would be the way to go, for cheaper if you get a group together. If i'm not staying onsite, i'd drive home every night.

    Nobody is forced to buy a VIP ticket just to get a ticket. An overpriced auction ticket is still going to be cheaper. I will never buy from a scalper in person again.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  2. #122
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Lesson learned today: promoters like to make money, stadium acts have lots of varying ticket prices, and all have a desire to have the ''highest grossing tour ever'' record for 6 months.


    I dont know about you guys, but I am pretty glad The Stones are probably playing Glasto. I dont have to go fork over a fortune to sit in the fucking nosebleeds. And Ill be able to watch it afterwards since theres almost no way the performance is not broadcast on the BBC.

    And no coachella, so stop arguing children, please.

  3. #123
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    There was a claim that a Stones Anaheim show was sold out AND a tough ticket when only the former was true.

    I remember around 3pm fans could no longer buy McCartney day single tickets. I'm unclear if it was a Coachella rule or if it the single day ticket allotment was fulfilled. Only full passes were available after 3.

    I'm saying 2010 was the only year where wristbands went for a premium outside the festival grounds. People were paying $200 just for the DRE performance from those exiting early to go home to work the next day.
    If a newspaper printed a day & a half before the show, that only a few $450 tickets were left, that is imo a tough ticket considering it was sold out day of. tough ticket doesn't mean impossible to find, imo.

    if they cut off single day tickets at 3pm, but full passes were still available, that's not sold out. you could have bought a ticket and walked in.

    they only had wristbands 3 years, so i'm not sure what point you're making, other than the last 3 years have sold out in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  4. #124
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    Wow. The promoter who makes a cut of every show, wanted her to do more?? Shocking. But then again, I imagine Live Nation wants every act they want to book, to book more dates, that's their job. I'm sure her hair stylist wants her to get a haircut too. And i'm sure that whoever booked the Stones tour, would have loved more dates.
    There was demand for Madonna to add shows on that tour. Whereas the Stones had over saturated themselves on that tour with some dates near the end having trouble moving.

    Live Nation books tour with some frequency that never happen. Aguilera arena and Limp Bizkit shed tours in 2010 that were junked after the first ticket onsales. Live Nation didn't even bother booking Avril Lavigne a single real show in the US on her last tour despite a very poorly attended run of shows across Canada.

  5. #125
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    No. I think there are 9,000 people who will buy tickets from stubhub for a few bucks above ticket cost.
    9,000 VIP's is a GV supplied figure from Billboard.

    The scalper research doest really yeild proof of more that 1-3,000 wristbands sold on the secondary, and many under $500.

  6. #126
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    i don't know where to start.......
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  7. #127
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    9,000 VIP's is a GV supplied figure from Billboard.

    The scalper research doest really yeild proof of more that 1-3,000 wristbands sold on the secondary, and many under $500.
    yeah..VIPs buy them, or people that want to be VIP. Not people who are desperate for a ticket, any ticket. a lot of them are bought up by A&R reps and industry professionals and doled out to clients and celebs. if you think paris hilton & lyndsey lohan are on Frontgate getting presale, you're insane.

    I believe alot of the local tickets handed out to chambers of commerce, etc are VIP, and i know a lot of them are kept for comps, i got vip comped by gv in 08
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-27-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  8. #128
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    they only had wristbands 3 years, so i'm not sure what point you're making, other than the last 3 years have sold out in advance.
    My point is only 1 year out of 14 coachella years have tickets/wristbands been hard to acquire in the days/hours leading up to the festival. In some ways this is a barometer that the Coachella brand isn't bulletproof as some think. S.S. Coachella Cruise selling remaining tickets with group-on is another example.

  9. #129
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    My point is only 1 year out of 14 coachella years have tickets/wristbands been hard to acquire in the days/hours leading up to the festival. In some ways this is a barometer that the Coachella brand isn't bulletproof as some think. S.S. Coachella Cruise selling remaining tickets with group-on is another example.
    which is the one year you say was hard to acquire tickets/wristbands? '07 or '10? or '12 by your own admission...


    and how is it not bulletproof? the first 10 of those had one sell out. all the rest have sold out. in advance. and quicker each year.


    and there has only been 13 coachellas.
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-27-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  10. #130
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    My point is only 1 year out of 14 coachella years have tickets/wristbands been hard to acquire in the days/hours leading up to the festival. In some ways this is a barometer that the Coachella brand isn't bulletproof as some think. S.S. Coachella Cruise selling remaining tickets with group-on is another example.
    I got a phone call from SS Coachella a couple months back telling me that some State rooms just opened up and that they noticed I registered on the site but didn't purchase anything. LOL. Desperation.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

  11. #131
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quick name a more successful, quickly selling out concert cruise line that isn't Disney in the last four years?




    Coachella '10 sold out 3 weeks before show
    Coachella '11 sold out in 3 weeks
    Coachella '12 sold out in 3 days (both weekends)

    i predict Coachella '13 (both weekends) will sell out in 3 hours, or less.

    They've sold twice as many tickets as the previous year, which is twice as many tickets as many early years.
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-27-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  12. #132
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    yeah..VIPs buy them, or people that want to be VIP. Not people who are desperate for a ticket, any ticket. a lot of them are bought up by A&R reps and industry professionals and doled out to clients and celebs. if you think paris hilton & lyndsey lohan are on Frontgate getting presale, you're insane.
    In the last couple summer/January tickets sales I have noticed VIP wristbands selling out 1-2 hours after regular passes. Some may make an impulse purchase, but it's a small percentage.

    I have noticed Paris, Lohan and other celebs with "heart" wristbands rather than "VIP" in photos and in person. Presumably they still pay for themselves and friends, but without on sale hassles.

  13. #133
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    i know they did change how they did comps between '09 and '10. prior to '10 it was fairly easy for people in the industry (even volunteers for insomniac, etc) to get comps. in 2010 they took a lot of tickets they usually set aside and sold them open market, upping the capacity that year, and i guess one of the things that led to two weekends. i imagine they restructured how they do the wristbands, i doubt they had the heart ones prior to 2010.

    but i doubt most celebs pay for their tickets, it's great publicity for the fest to have so many celebs walking around, often wasted. many celebs are invited out by GV and put up in resorts for the week, often members of an act that ends up playing the next year, but not always..
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-27-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  14. #134
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    which is the one year you say was hard to acquire tickets/wristbands? '07 or '10? or '12 by your own admission...


    and how is it not bulletproof? the first 10 of those had one sell out. all the rest have sold out. in advance. and quicker each year.

    and there has only been 13 coachellas.
    2010 was the tough year as fans were caught off guard by the sell out after being accustomed to walk up sales. 2009 was my first year there.

    I include hotel packages to really gauge demand. 2012 still had them in late March.

    I count 14, as we all anticipate that 2013 regular passes go easily.

  15. #135
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    i know they did change how they did comps between '09 and '10. prior to '10 it was fairly easy for people in the industry (even volunteers for insomniac, etc) to get comps. in 2010 they took a lot of tickets they usually set aside and sold them open market, upping the capacity that year, and i guess one of the things that led to two weekends. i imagine they restructured how they do the wristbands, i doubt they had the heart ones prior to 2010.
    I heard that this year and maybe last year the bands had guest lists limited. I think band scalping extra passes might have been an concern, especially bottom line acts.

  16. #136
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    2010 was clusterfuck/crashing the gates-chella. Sounds like it didn't even matter that year if it was "hard" to find a wristband.

  17. #137
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    okay, so how is it 1 out of 14? are you saying it won't sell out? you don't count 2012 because hotel packages were available in late March, but you DO count 2010 because tickets sold out in late March? Gotcha. 3 weeks before the fest is hardly 'off-guard', especially since they posted that tickets were almost gone and to get yours soon.

    I think a better case could be made that people were more caught off guard in '11 & '12 when tickets sold out in a few days after years of people being able to purchase tickets long after finalizing travel arrangements and getting friends committed to going after the lineup had dropped. Only this year do people realize that this shit is going to sell out quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  18. #138
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I heard that this year and maybe last year the bands had guest lists limited. I think band scalping extra passes might have been an concern, especially bottom line acts.
    i'll bet anything it started in 2010. guest list tickets come out of comp, which GV more or less slashed starting in 2010. with two weekends in 2012, they could have reversed some of that, as they lowered the capacity again.

    Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    2010 was clusterfuck/crashing the gates-chella. Sounds like it didn't even matter that year if it was "hard" to find a wristband.
    that's WHY it was a clusterfuck. it sold out in advance, but they allowed u to camp technically even without a fest pass (that year). a couple thousand people bought scalped tickets at the gate and were turned away as VOIDED. they had traveled, were staying on site, car campers couldn't leave and come back, what would YOU do? I'd jump a fence after having already paid too.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  19. #139
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    that's WHY it was a clusterfuck. it sold out in advance, but they allowed u to camp technically even without a fest pass (that year). a couple thousand people bought scalped tickets at the gate and were turned away as VOIDED. they had traveled, were staying on site, car campers couldn't leave and come back, what would YOU do? I'd jump a fence after having already paid too.
    That was also the year people took their purple passes to KINKO's in Indio and could get in with the honor system after the scanners failed at least one of the days.

  20. #140
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    i can't tell if you're real or troll anymore..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  21. #141
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    okay, so how is it 1 out of 14? are you saying it won't sell out? you don't count 2012 because hotel packages were available in late March, but you DO count 2010 because tickets sold out in late March? Gotcha. 3 weeks before the fest is hardly 'off-guard', especially since they posted that tickets were almost gone and to get yours soon.

    I think a better case could be made that people were more caught off guard in '11 & '12 when tickets sold out in a few days after years of people being able to purchase tickets long after finalizing travel arrangements and getting friends committed to going after the lineup had dropped. Only this year do people realize that this shit is going to sell out quick.
    2010 was the ONLY year in the 13 past Coachella's where it was expensive to PURCHASE a wristband on the secondary market in the days/hours before the festival. 11/12 had stuff around face online 2-3 weeks before and cheaper from scalper.

    Was the RATM night the only time Coachella stopped selling tickets to any night of the festival prior to 2010?

  22. #142
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    the year RATM played the entire weekend was sold out over two months in advance. there were no single day tickets except for Friday (bjork)

    in 2010, there were still tickets available 3 weeks before the fest. that logic doesn't make sense. when it sold out, there were plenty of scalped tickets available, i camped with a large group that had over a dozen buy tickets after sell out, for ticket price in many instances. it was much, much harder to get a ticket for RATM in '07, and tickets were FAR more than scalped tickets the last three years..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  23. #143

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    yeah..VIPs buy them, or people that want to be VIP. Not people who are desperate for a ticket, any ticket. a lot of them are bought up by A&R reps and industry professionals and doled out to clients and celebs. if you think paris hilton & lyndsey lohan are on Frontgate getting presale, you're insane.

    I believe alot of the local tickets handed out to chambers of commerce, etc are VIP, and i know a lot of them are kept for comps, i got vip comped by gv in 08
    Did anybody other than the tourists really pay in 2008?
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

  24. #144
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    yeah, about 55,000.

    i was talking about VIP and Comps. except for 2010, they sell 65,000 of the 75,000 capacity. the rest are employees, vendors, security, press, guest list, etc, all of those are comps
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  25. #145
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    the year RATM played the entire weekend was sold out over two months in advance. there were no single day tickets except for Friday (bjork)

    in 2010, there were still tickets available 3 weeks before the fest. that logic doesn't make sense. when it sold out, there were plenty of scalped tickets available, i camped with a large group that had over a dozen buy tickets after sell out, for ticket price in many instances. it was much, much harder to get a ticket for RATM in '07, and tickets were FAR more than scalped tickets the last three years..
    I'm well aware that 2011/12 had regular passes got for over a grand right after the sellout announcement. But prices drop to near face 3-4 weeks before the event, go up online the last week and are a bit under face to find outside the venue/perimeter.

    In 2010 there were people walking with signs saying they would pay $500 cash who had difficulty finding tickets.

    Was the 2007 the first time where GV had to actually be conscious of capacity rules?

  26. #146
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    i can't tell if you're real or troll anymore..
    Good dialogue here the past hour. Forum members(myself included) being momentarily constructive.

  27. #147
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    i was talking about VIP and Comps. except for 2010, they sell 65,000 of the 75,000 capacity. the rest are employees, vendors, security, press, guest list, etc, all of those are comps
    I thought they SOLD about 75,000 passes in 10/11. I think 2012 was bumped a bit higher. I think GV were allowed 85 or 90k bodies onsite.

  28. #148
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    that was only 2010. 2012 was higher because it was two weekends.

    *EDIT*they kept the cuts in '11, so those tickets were probably sold, but they did not go to 75,000. it was really empty on friday in '11 compared to '10.
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-27-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  29. #149
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I'm well aware that 2011/12 had regular passes got for over a grand right after the sellout announcement. But prices drop to near face 3-4 weeks before the event, go up online the last week and are a bit under face to find outside the venue/perimeter.

    In 2010 there were people walking with signs saying they would pay $500 cash who had difficulty finding tickets.

    Was the 2007 the first time where GV had to actually be conscious of capacity rules?
    i'm talking about 2007. it was much worse than 2010. weekend passes were double. single day tickets just to see Rage were $300-400. it was ridiculous. and it was only because GV advertised it as the only RATM show in the U.S. for the whole year. and right after chella they announced the first ever Rock the Bells w/ Rage & Wu Tang at glen helen, which holds 65,000 also.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  30. #150
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    that was only 2010. 2012 was higher because it was two weekends.

    *EDIT*they kept the cuts in '11, so those tickets were probably sold, but they did not go to 75,000. it was really empty on friday in '11 compared to '10.
    2009 51k(153,000 in billboard divided by 3)
    2010 75k
    2011 75k
    2012 77k(W1)
    2012 80k(W2)

    2012 must be a difference in guestlist/media requests. All official Billboard numbers.

Similar Threads

  1. What happened to the stones?
    By VigoTheCarpathian in forum Passes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 03:42 AM
  2. The Stones or The Who
    By keith in forum Polls
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 08:04 PM
  3. ROLLING STONES!
    By tmntordie in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 11:31 AM
  4. NEW Rolling Stones!
    By shawnlovesmusic87 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 06:40 AM
  5. THE STONES
    By Rudolph in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •