Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    The first time I saw the Stones was in 65 ... that makes me feel a bit old but time goes on eh .... the set list below is from the 72' tour (which I had to look up of course cuz I had no clue what they played. ) It's funny but I would accept that for a setlist right now ..... cr****

Brown Sugar
    Bitch
    Rocks Off
    Gimme Shelter
    Happy
    Tumbling Dice
    Love in Vain
    Sweet Virginia
    You Can't Always Get What You Want
    All Down the Line
    Midnight Rambler
    Bye, Bye Johnny
    Rip This Joint
    Jumpin' Jack Flash
    Street Fighting
    I trust that Mick Taylor (their best lead, imo) was on that tour. To see TWGR&RB in their prime doing that set list must've been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    I trust that Mick Taylor (their best lead, imo) was on that tour. To see TWGR&RB in their prime doing that set list must've been amazing.
    It was. It was sort of interesting because there was some crossover of the times and feelings but seeing the Beatles was about seeing THEM (Not the THEM LOLZ), an event, seeing the Stones was more about the music and getting down and dirty with the lads. Yea Mick, I haven't been melancholy in a long while but seeing the original Stones, The Who with Keith, all four Beatles, the JHE before Jimi died lol. It was great, interesting, and exciting times when I was a kid. I know it is the same with you guys and the new groups but I loved those times... ...... cr****

edit: Not dogging THEM. They kinda fit also because what was THEM when Van the Man left the group? Some might say THEM? who are they? Who hasn't heard the single Gloria (or Baby Please Don't Go)? Guessing no one.
    Last edited by canexplain; 10-12-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Stones playing UK and US later this year. Announcement below.

I really love the stones, but I don't think I could see them live. It just feels... wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I really love the stones, but I don't think I could see them live. It just feels... wrong.
    You love them, yet it would feel wrong to see them live? Okay. That makes a lot of sense.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(1), 13(2)

It's all about the music.

Go on...
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

The expectations I have of that band are far more than what they could deliver to me at a live show. And this is my fault as it's contempt prior. I would never discourage anyone from seeing them, and if they happened to be at coachella I would, with no doubt, check em out.. but get tickets to a stadium show? All I'm saying is I'm not going to regret never seeing them live.

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post

first new song in six years or something.
    There's something about a 70 year old man singing "Baby take a chance, baby won't you dance with me".
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The expectations I have of that band are far more than what they could deliver to me at a live show. And this is my fault as it's contempt prior. I would never discourage anyone from seeing them, and if they happened to be at coachella I would, with no doubt, check em out.. but get tickets to a stadium show? All I'm saying is I'm not going to regret never seeing them live.
    So you're saying you would see them live if they played at Coachella, yet not in a stadium setting. Okay.

I have to say though, I saw them several years ago at the Staples Center, an arena, and they were amazing. They have a lot more energy than some of their younger counterparts that's for sure.
    Last edited by high5sareawesome; 10-15-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Staples Center is an arena >_>

^ yeah. that's not in question at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Staples Center is an arena >_>
    Thanks for pointing that out Phantasma Del Mar. I thought I put arena in their. Oh well.

I'm not saying an arena would have any effect on the performance. I'm just probably not going to see the stones.

Tickets for the Rolling Stones' gigs in London are selling for thousands of dollars days before the public can officially get their hands on seats.

The rockers are set to return to the stage next month for the first time in five years to mark the band's 50th anniversary, and they've announced two shows at the British capital's O2 Arena and two December concerts at the Prudential Center in New Jersey. But British fans have been left outraged by the high price of tickets for the London shows, which start at more than $160 for the cheapest seats. Tickets for the London gigs have been made available early for fan club members and sponsors, and seats are already selling for high prices online a full day before they go on general sale. Resale website Getmein.com is listing some tickets for as much as $21,120, while others are being offered from between $589.60 and $17,600. Tickets are also being sold off on auction website eBay.com for as much as $9,600. The band will play London on Nov. 25 and 26, and in New Jersey on Dec. 13 and 15. Tickets for the U.S. shows will be released to the public on Oct. 26.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Details emerge, including this:

The Stones expect former guitarist Mick Taylor (who quit in 1974) and founding bassist Bill Wyman (gone since '93) to come on board for the four shows, but only as guests on a few songs.
    Also, the most perfect Keith Richards quotation of all time:

I like a glass of wine with my meal and everything, but I've given up sort of waking up and having a drink, you know? I gave up smack, I can give up anything. No big deal to me, I do it to impress other people. But if they come up with a great new drug, I'll be the first one on it, believe me.
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 10-24-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Damn, thats pretty big news if you're at Stones fan eh.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Details emerge, including this:

Also, the most perfect Keith Richards quotation of all time:
    Wonder if he's done bath salts yet?

contracts are in hand
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Can't really see this happening. With upper bowl tix at Barclays going for $500, that sounds like a gross of about $12 mil. Assuming the boys get just half that, I don't think GV wants to shell out that kind of dough for one act for a festival that's already sold out. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Can't really see this happening. With upper bowl tix at Barclays going for $500, that sounds like a gross of about $12 mil. Assuming the boys get just half that, I don't think GV wants to shell out that kind of dough for one act for a festival that's already sold out. I hope I'm wrong.
    Barclay's isn't close to sold out. If they want to do more than 5 more shows next year, they are going to have to lower the asking price a bit.

old school

GV paid McCartney in the $3.5-4mil range for a single performance. But Coachella got lots of longer influence from that booking.

I don't what cache the Stones could bring to the Coachella festival that would warrant anything near the money quotes being thrown around for the NYC/London area shows.

There's simply far better ways for GV to spend the talent budget.

old school

The Stones will not play Coachella.

Every time they tour it is the most expensive tickets of any world tour. Cheap seats typically go for $300 a pop. Most floor tickets go for thousands (LISTED price, not scalper price). If they are "going out in grand style" why would they play a festival with a tiny stage and a max crowd of 75,000?

I saw the Rolling Stones at Angel Stadium a few years ago, they were excellent, played 2.5hrs, and a greatest hits setlist. 80,000 people. In Anaheim. A secondary market, after two nights in LA, and Petco Park in San Diego the next date. The stage was the LARGEST performance piece i have ever seen, i believe it was larger than the Muse stage, and about the size of the U2 stage. The last time they played it was the highest-grossing tour of all time, the North American leg alone being the 3rd highest-grossing tour ever at that time. The last North American tour before that was the highest-grossing tour ever at that time, breaking their own previous record from the 90's..

They grossed more than U2 when they both toured in '06. In the US and Worldwide.

If GV books them (they won't be the ones to, believe that), it'll be to play LA Coliseum. Multiple nights. And make more per show than Coachella will in two weekends. And that's just one stop on the tour...
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-27-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

old school

gives new meaning to side of stage seating...that's multiple floors holding thousands. and this is what they had in '05/'06. and just a regular world tour, not a 50th Anniversary farewell tour in 2013.....and the center of the stage moved from the Outfield to the pitcher's mount, giving a concert in the round to the people on the floor, and front row seats to those in the grandstands for a few songs.

1) Start Me Up (approx. 9:15 start)
    2) YGMR
    3) She's So Cold
    4) Tumbling Dice
    5) Oh No Not You Again
    6) Ruby Tuesday
    7) It's Only Rock & Roll
    8) Bitch
    9) Night Time
    10) Slipping Away
    11) Infamy
    12) Miss You
    13) Rough Justice
    14) Get Off Of My Cloud
    15) Honky Tonk Women
    16) Sympathy For The Devil
    17) Paint It Black
    18) Brown Sugar
    19) Satisfaction
    20) YCAGWYW
    21) Jumpin Jack Flash
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-27-2012 at 09:13 AM.

The cheap seats for the New Jersey show were listed at around $100 when I checked.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    The Stones will not play Coachella. Every time they tour it is the most expensive tickets of any world tour. Cheap seats typically go for $300 a pop. Most floor tickets go for thousands (LISTED price, not scalper price). If they are "going out in grand style" why would they play a festival with a tiny stage and a max crowd of 75,000?

I saw the Rolling Stones at Angel Stadium a few years ago, they were excellent, played 2.5hrs, and a greatest hits setlist. 80,000 people. In Anaheim. A secondary market, after two nights in LA, and Petco Park in San Diego the next date. The stage was the LARGEST performance piece i have ever seen, i believe it was larger than the Muse stage, and about the size of the U2 stage. The last time they played it was the highest-grossing tour of all time, the North American leg alone being the 3rd highest-grossing tour ever at that time. The last North American tour before that was the highest-grossing tour ever at that time, breaking their own previous record from the 90's.. They grossed more than U2 when they both toured in '06. In the US and Worldwide.

If GV books them (they won't be the ones to, believe that), it'll be to play LA Coliseum. Multiple nights. And make more per show than Coachella will in two weekends. And that's just one stop on the tour...
    Madonna has the highest world tour tickets around. Stones tickets averaged closer to $100 last tour and some market had slower sales due to touring so much so often.

Most Stones shows are 2 hours or a tiny bit less. Angel Stadium had 48,000 people in 2005. Stones did Isle of Wight festival several years ago. U2's claw could apparently fit OVER the Bigger Bang stage according to people who worked on both.

Those "highest grossing tours" are done over 3 calendar years and have 7 month breaks in them. U2 has the biggest tour right now. Gaga and Madonna are both trying to get into the top 3 with their current tours.

They are playing an AEG owned venue this week and Michael Cohl seems to out of the picture as their tour Booker. They are keeping to arenas as stadium stages need too many dates to be worthwhile. With the arena stage they have freedom to pick whatever dates to play.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    The cheap seats for the New Jersey show were listed at around $100 when I checked.
    And fans found those impossible to find during the on sale. Promoters do 200 of those tickets so they don't look greedy when it's announced in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Madonna has the highest world tour tickets around. Stones tickets averaged closer to $100 last tour and some market had slower sales due to touring so much so often.

Most Stones shows are 2 hours or a tiny bit less. Angel Stadium had 48,000 people in 2005. Stones did Isle of Wight festival several years ago. U2's claw could apparently fit OVER the Bigger Bang stage according to people who worked on both.

Those "highest grossing tours" are done over 3 calendar years and have 7 month breaks in them. U2 has the biggest tour right now. Gaga and Madonna are both trying to get into the top 3 with their current tours.

They are playing an AEG owned venue this week and Michael Cohl seems to out of the picture as their tour Booker. They are keeping to arenas as stadium stages need too many dates to be worthwhile. With the arena stage they have freedom to pick whatever dates to play.
    This is why they are playing festivals next year. 5 million a show, they don't have to bear any of the production costs or even be dependent on their own fanbase to bring in that kind of coin.

However they may also just do 2 shows at Staples or the Hollywood Bowl with ultra expensive tickets instead.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post

gives new meaning to side of stage seating...that's multiple floors holding thousands.
    I had onstage seating at the Anaheim show - held maybe a hundred tops, probably closer to 50 people.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I had onstage seating at the Anaheim show - held maybe a hundred tops, probably closer to 50 people.

Had? or Held?

and were u including the floors above & below you, as well as the corresponding levels on the other side of the stage? there are clearly more than 50-100 in that picture, and it only shows one half of the setup

old school

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    This is why they are playing festivals next year. 5 million a show, they don't have to bear any of the production costs or even be dependent on their own fanbase to bring in that kind of coin.

However they may also just do 2 shows at Staples or the Hollywood Bowl with ultra expensive tickets instead.
    they would make more than $5million in ticket sales alone for one date at Staples at regular Stones prices. and they could easily sell out multiple dates even with higher prices.