Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

Hybrid View

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Default Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

Forgive me if already posted ...Had a look but couldn't find anything re this

Rolling Stones plan farewell gig at Glastonbury festival

Jun 17 2012 By Dean Piper

The Rolling Stones together ahead of 50-years tour

THE Rolling Stones are ready to bow out in spectacular style – with a farewell gig at Glastonbury next year.

The band, whose four members have a combined age of 272, are set to play the Sunday night headline slot on the Pyramid stage after talks with festival organisers Michael and Emily Eavis.

It will be their first and only performance at the famous Somerset event which attracts 175,000 fans.

Sources close to the band indicate the appearance is expected to be the final date in a “handful” of shows in Britain and America in 2013 – which they see as their true 50th anniversary – before they finally retire from the live arena.

One insider said: “All four members have agreed that next year is the right time to have one final hurrah.

“Glastonbury is the most important festival on the circuit. Everybody’s incredibly excited.”

The band – whose song The Last Time hit No.1 in 1965 – are said to be reluctant to start another world tour.

Mick Jagger, 68, doesn’t want to be away from his family and Keith Richards, also 68, has given up the hellraising lifestyle that was a big part of his life on the road. Charlie Watts, 71, has never been a fan of touring anyway.

But Ronnie Wood, 65, gave a strong hint that the band were preparing a comeback, saying: “It looks like we are going to be doing more stuff.”

Although the band played their first gig in July 1962, Keith said: “The Stones considered ’63 to be 50 years because Charlie didn’t join until January.”He also hinted ex-bassist Bill Wyman, who left in 1992, might join in.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Default Re: Stones - Glastonbury 2013 and a handful of shows in UK & USA

Don't care where in the states they play, I will be there.

Sublime with Rome.

The Stones at Coachella needs to happen

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    The Stones at Coachella needs to happen
    This would make me very happy!
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Getting them to play twice wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Getting them to play twice wouldn't happen.
    From what I understand they are very into getting every penny out of every show they can...if you paid them enough they would do it.

Stones, Stone Roses, and...?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Yeah right. They could charge $300 per ticket and still sell out any major stadium in the US.

Different Stones...
    Glastonbury Festival boss reveals it's a new exciting era for the Festival

with the licence back in house, and adds to The Stone Roses rumour
    Tuesday 14th August 2012

Glastonbury Festival boss Michael Eavis has revealed that the Festival will have a greater sense of freedom next year according to an interview with the NME, (here), after being able to take the entertainment licence back in house after ending their decade-long association with Melvin Benn from Festival Republic.

Eavis is quoted as saying, "We've actually changed the structure quite a bit, the management. We're managing the licensing, the health and safety now ourselves, which means we're back driving the train again. We'll be back to how we were before the problems we had in the year 2000. We're venturing into a new era now and it's very exciting. Will there be more of a sense of freedom? You bet there will be."

His statement ends speculation that any other major promotion company would be taking on the licence for next year.

The dairy farmer also added weight to The Stone Roses for Glastonbury Festival rumour which we first mentioned in June, (here) telling the music magazine whilst watching them at Sziget festival last weekend that, "I'm very keen on The Stone Roses – I always have been. They played at Pilton Party for 300 people in 1995, which the year they cancelled on the main event and Pulp stepped in to replace them. I would like them to come back at some point. Are they a possible headliner for next year? I think it is possible, yeah."

The Stone Roses owe Glastonbury Festival a show after their billed appearance at the 25th anniversary of the first Festival was cancelled the week before the event, and they were replaced by Pulp, although they did as Eavis confirmed appear at the Pilton show for locals in September instead.

Glastonbury Festival took a year out this year, and will return next year from Wednesday 26th until Sunday 30th June 2013. Eavis added that next year will be the best one ever, saying "We've already got some acts confirmed, but I can't say who they are. There's not a shadow of a doubt – it will be the best festival we've ever done."

No acts are confirmed as yet for 2013. eFestivals will bring you the very latest rumours - keep your eyes on the Glastonbury 2013 rumours, updated as we receive information.

Everyone who plans to the come Glastonbury Festival must register in advance in order to be able to obtain their ticket, and that includes children aged 13, 14 and 15. All ticket holders (not just the person who purchases the tickets for a group) MUST register in advance so that their ticket can have their photo printed onto the ticket.

Registration does not reserve or guarantee you a ticket, but if you don't register you will not be able to buy a ticket for Glastonbury Festival 2013.

Online registration for 2013 can be carried out by clicking here.

If you have registered to buy tickets to Glastonbury Festival before, you may well still be registered (you now only need to do it once), but it's advisable that you check your registration now by clicking here. If you can't find it, the best bet is to re-register - much better to get it all sorted not now than to discover your registration has expired on the day of the ticket sale.

You can also now edit the details of your existing registration (for example if you need to change your address) by clicking here.

Tickets will go on sale for Glastonbury Festival on Sunday 7th October 2012 at 9am, and eFestivals will have links to buy them then.

Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/12/...U1lUI5X6LJU.99
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Yes but with Coachella they have far less overhead costs. Doing it twice cuts down on the overhead costs even more. McCartney can sell out any stadium in the world with too, and he still managed to do Coachella for $3.5 million. Same with Waters, same with Prince. Remember how Prince just did 20 straight shows at the Forum?

My only point is it's not impossible they'd do Coachella. Especially if they have already announced they're doing festivals.
    Last edited by Bons222000; 06-17-2012 at 04:29 PM.

stones make too much money off of their own shows to play a festival set. no way that kind of money is in a festivals budget when you have to book the rest of the weekend.

and word is they are doing one festival. a very prestigious festival in their home country to cap off their career where it's not about the money since headliners don't get paid much traditionally at glasto.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-17-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    stones make too much money off of their own shows to play a festival set. no way that kind of money is in a festivals budget when you have to book the rest of the weekend.

and word is they are doing one festival. a very prestigious festival in their home country to cap off their career where it's not about the money since headliners don't get paid much traditionally at glasto.

But they're playing Glastonbury. It says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Yeah, their headliners get £200,000.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

hello there i have just joined this site, i live in bonnie scotland and am a keen festival goer,can u tell me the dates of the festival next year,and where about in california it is,please,buckienasty@yahoo.co.uk,thanks and keep on rocking

Quote Originally Posted by buckienasty View Post
    hello there i have just joined this site, i live in bonnie scotland and am a keen festival goer,can u tell me the dates of the festival next year,and where about in california it is,please,buckienasty@yahoo.co.uk,thanks and keep on rocking
    PM sent.
    Dede' Arneaux

Quote Originally Posted by buckienasty View Post
    This is amazing.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(WK1), 13(WK2), 14(WK2), 15(WK1)

It's all about the music.

pretty much this i would think. im too lazy to do a fake poster but it would much just say THE ROLLING STONES for one of the days, and all the undercard would be people like the guy you see at the hollywood bowl singing with the dog puppet since they couldnt afford anyone else

You think the Stones make that much more money per performance than Roger Waters or Paul McCartney?

I'm not saying they are playing Coachella, I'm saying there's a better than 0% chance. And for the record, I don't want them to play...I don't like the Stones.

Don't brag about not liking the Stones....It makes you instantly uncool...

Really hoping against hope that they do Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Really hoping against hope that they do Coachella.

Bring back Billy on bass and Bobby Keyes = win for all ages

I hope they do either Coachella, LA, or both. I want to see them!

If they did Coachella, I'd expect that there'd be a string of Staples dates around the same time, too.

Hey the good news is that they're talking at the same time that Coachella is booking. Coachella definitely is the closest North American equivalent to Glastonbury in terms of the prestige and financial resources necessary to make this possible in a festival setting.

I would think Goldenvoice will try their damnedest to get The Rolling Stones. However, to make that work I guarantee they would have to let them do one or more of their own shows in the LA market. No way they'd do the farewell show in that area just at Coachella alone and call it good, a festival that's almost already sold out. I'd imagine they'd wanna give fans a fair chance to see them one more time.

So I say Coachella w/ LA shows or no Coachella at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I would think Goldenvoice will try their damnedest to get The Rolling Stones. However, to make that work I guarantee they would have to let them do one or more of their own shows in the LA market. No way they'd do the farewell show in that area just at Coachella alone and call it good, a festival that's almost already sold out. I'd imagine they'd wanna give fans a fair chance to see them one more time.

So I say Coachella w/ LA shows or no Coachella at all.
    I'm okay with this, just don't make the LA shows during weekend one

old school

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    No way they'd do the farewell show in that area just at Coachella alone and call it good, a festival that's almost already sold out.
    GV have made no mention or even hinted at the number of tickets sold a few weeks ago. If they actually sold all 185,000 passes they would have been screaming from the rooftops, nor would relatively affordable hotel packages still be available.

BTW, Stones have already issued a denial on this news story, though the Glasto part says "won't confirm or deny" which I interpret as a strong likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    BTW, Stones have already issued a denial on this news story, though the Glasto part says "won't confirm or deny" which I interpret as a strong likelihood.
    Glastonbury's press office said this morning that speculation about the Stones playing the festival is nothing new, since they are one of the few legends never to have appeared, but there have been no conversations as yet. A spokesman said: "Everybody in the year off thinks they've come up with the perfect Glastonbury lineup. But at the moment there isn't anything to confirm or deny."
    = confirmed for Pyramid Stage.

old school

http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/64377

I also find the idea of the Stones doing a final show in late July for 200k at Glastonbury to be out of character. August/September have been lucrative for them in the northern hemisphere.

Also, how would Australia fit into the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/64377

I also find the idea of the Stones doing a final show in late July for 200k at Glastonbury to be out of character. August/September have been lucrative for them in the northern hemisphere.

Also, how would Australia fit into the picture?
    Glastonbury is at the end of June
    Dede' Arneaux