Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformational Festivals

Default Re: Transformational Festivals

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I'm telling you, goat's transformation is a result of Randy.

Nah. This is the same dude who was posting weird misogynistic stuff in the Confessions thread many months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Many things again taken out of context.....this thread is about festivals promoting higher consciousness, a video documentation of the transformation taking place. People are thinking differently.

Argue all you want about how great electricity is....it's not electricity that I am suggesting is bad. It is the process and the people that are providing it.
    What is the greater good that the grid is helping to accomplish? Where does it all lead? Why must everything be on a grand scale? Survival and self sustainability is simple.

Anyways, this is a great debate, but totally taking away from the thread. This is an ongoing video documentary about transformational festivals...you must use a computer and monitor to view them. Power your appliances however you would like.

Have a great day Patrick. I mean that in whatever way is not condescending or abrasive. Promise. I really do love you and value your opinion and uniqueness.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    This is an ongoing video documentary about transformational festivals...
    Let's get back on track.

Randy doesn't control, transform, enhance or take away anything from anybody.
    He is a god in his own world and has no influence on anything aside from a few smiles here and there.
    You wanna fook on me?!

You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Let's get back on track.
    This is why I am sharing...Coachella is like a concentration camp with music.
    Confining, mainstream, glamour and a lot of plastic. There are other things going on and I agree and am thankful they are not for everybody.
    You wanna fook on me?!

old school

shut the fuck up
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Look at this...another angry board member. How unique
    You wanna fook on me?!

While others may say that Coachella is life changing, are you saying that it's not transformational? Or just not transformational in your realm?

Coachella is life changing...it made me aware of many many things.
    You wanna fook on me?!

transformational?

For sure...I would never have gotten into the festival culture if it wasn't for Coachella. I'd still be in a underground club or stadium watching one offs.

Coachella was a great way to have fun and watch music. That's all most people are looking for at a music festival.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Can we revisit when you threw the condom at the girl
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

???? I don't think you or I have any idea what the fuck you are talking about Malcolm.

I will say this. Coachella is fun. It is an opportunity to see big name artists. It makes me feel like a fan. I feel at Coachella that I become part of the crowd and my independence and uniqueness is lost. The security guards and check points, the size of the stages and the popularity of the artists all make me feel disconnected from the festival. I feel like a fan paying money to watch a show. The fact that it is so popular makes me feel like if I was gone, there would be another behind me with money and he would be led right in and take my space. Even if you have been since the inception of Coachella...every year, Coachella does not need you.

These "transformational festivals" are a tight nit community. I can do whatever I want. Everyone is on the same level more or less. No one is patting me down or stealing my personal things. There are people there to help in case of an emergency should one arise, but never to search and seize. My weirdness and independence is embraced and promoted. Things are cleaner as the crowd and promoters typically have more respect for themselves, people around them and the earth. Free thinking and higher consciousness are promoted. Sharing and trading is embraced opposed to outrageous pricing and mainstream marketing of merchandise. There is more culture and art. Not people hired to come make the festival appear to be artsy, just people making art, selling art and trading art because they love to. Passion. Spirituality. Freedom. Art. Expression....all going on. The love everyone shares and all these differences are what makes these festivals transformational.

If you have never been, you should try. Then you can make your own opinion.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Everything that the people believe in that attend these festivals is great, and all have a positive message. But what fuels these people's desire to attend these festivals? We would like to think that it's all about the music, congregation, and positive messages, but in the end an overwhelming majority of these people are using drugs. So it seems to me like people are really there to party, and everything else is just an excuse for them to do it. If they were truly immersed in their beliefs and really believed in these festivals they wouldn't need to do drugs. They claim that they use drugs to expand their mind and thinking, which is absolutely true and can be done. But after you've done LSD over 25 times you're not expanding a damn thing. You're now just as bad as the people that go to raves and take ex every single time. I've done some drugs, and still do from time to time, but I also go to some festivals completely sober. For me the connection that I have with the music is more authentic than any of the ideas that these people present. With that said, I attended Lightning in a Bottle for the first time this year and I really think that they have something special going on. But their messages seem a little unauthentic to me when they all have a head full of acid.

You are assuming everyone's head is full of acid.
    I don't think they all have a head full of acid. In fact many of them I know for a fact are drug free and promote healthy living.

My buddy mentioned to me(his head was full of acid) that he could sense the fact that there were two different forces at LIB. One side was healthy and promoting spirituality and self expansion...the other was promoting freedom, drug use and mind expansion....either way, both sides were promoting unity, expression and love.

If you are trying to be a better person and make the world a better place, why does it matter what you ate for dinner or how you got to that state of mind?
    You wanna fook on me?!

The hippies had rock and roll and acid change everything

We have many kinds of music and many kinds of drugs changing a lot of things.

If someone saved your life would it matter if they were on a substance? Is love an illusion if you are on a substance? Is it different than the love from a sober person? Should I not acknowledge your opinion because you were jacked up on Mt.Dew when we talked?

Does that make the message unauthentic?

Perspectives change...and my perspective the last time I took acid was different than the 25th time I took acid....every experience was NOT the same after 1 or 100 times dosing.
    You have expanded your mind sober every day, your whole life.....did the expansion stop after the 25th day?
    Last edited by Goatchella; 06-20-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    You wanna fook on me?!

I totally agree with what you said above, and I hope it's all true. I'm not hating at all, just stated my opinion so I hope it doesn't come off that way.

But do a lot of those people hate on everyone in mainstream society that don't believe in the same things as them? Or do they accept everyone for who they are and are merely trying to show people the door to another state of living/thinking?

I hope it's the latter, but I'm not immersed enough in that culture to know.

The hippies had rock and roll and acid change everything

We have many kinds of music and many kinds of drugs changing a lot of things.

If someone saved your life would it matter if they were on a substance? Is love an illusion if you are on a substance? Is it different than the love from a sober person? Should I not acknowledge your opinion because you were jacked up on Mt.Dew when we talked?

Does that make the message unauthentic?

Perspectives change...and my perspective the last time I took acid was different than the 25th time I took acid....every experience was NOT the same after 1 or 100 times dosing.
    You have expanded your mind sober every day, your whole life.....did the expansion stop after the 25th day?

Everyone is their own person, so I couldn't say....I highly doubt that they are wasting time hating on anyone because most of the people I know in that scene are focused on improving themselves and balancing out thier own lives. They tend to avoid negative thinking and judgment...they don't hate or try to wipe out anyone that thinks different. They surround themselves with like minded people or the universe brings them together by law of attraction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction
    You wanna fook on me?!

I'm ignorant to that type of thinking. What you just said seriously made me think. I love my friends so much, but we never have conversations like this. I loved Lightning in a Bottle so much, but I got the impression that they culture was just a bunch of acid taking hippies who weren't really serious about life and made it seem like they were all about these ideals when they really don't implement them. But that seriously made me think...

I thank you Terrence

Sustainability...take what you need and reverse the programming of what you think you need. That is all I was saying. Reduce the use of the grid. Get in touch with the finer things in life. Simple things can be very interesting if we were not so distracted with all of the pointless things in life. It is 100% possible to live off the grid. I have seen it.

Honestly goat, i bet less than one percent on our daily life is sustainable. I dont knock you for trying, its a good thought and notion but in order for you to appreciate any of the "finer" points of life you rely on an unsustainable economy. Without new technology to save us from our own irresponsible lifestyle, trying to turn our bullshit into a utopia is impossible. Moral, if you really gave a shit you would be researching nanoscience or LENR theory. These are currently the only doors.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Oh and in the past few months goat became a member of a peruvian shamanistic community. Fucking do nothig hippies are gonna wait for people like me to save the world.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I'm ignorant to that type of thinking. What you just said seriously made me think. I love my friends so much, but we never have conversations like this. I loved Lightning in a Bottle so much, but I got the impression that they culture was just a bunch of acid taking hippies who weren't really serious about life and made it seem like they were all about these ideals when they really don't implement them. But that seriously made me think...

I thank you Terrence
    I used to have the impression that all these people thinking like this have just lost it and took too much. I used to think that the art they were making and the visions they were having were only obtainable through drugs.

Have you met and spoke with a guru? Have you spent time talking with elders that have had these feelings, tried both ways? Have you ever had a spiritual breakthrough by meditating or clearing your mind enough to understand something and view it from a perspective that you never had before?

Have you ever cleansed your body and been so real and so on point with your exposure to harmful, negative things that you felt like you were on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Honestly goat, i bet less than one percent on our daily life is sustainable. I dont knock you for trying, its a good thought and notion but in order for you to appreciate any of the "finer" points of life you rely on an unsustainable economy. Without new technology to save us from our own irresponsible lifestyle, trying to turn our bullshit into a utopia is impossible. Moral, if you really gave a shit you would be researching nanoscience or LENR theory. These are currently the only doors.
    This is a way of life. Trying is all it takes. Everyday you can educate yourself and do what you can to provide for yourself and not depend on the system. New technology can help yes, that doesn't mean that you can't do it the way that people did thousands of years ago. We have become comfortable, we have lost touch with the practices of our ancestors, the message has been lost. Our children are being raised and educated by others that view that as a job and $. Wile we are at work trying to make more $ and finance things and build credit and feed the grid. Our children are not being taught the valuable lessons and practices that are needed to survive. So the roots are weak...and the seedlings weaker. We are losing touch...don't let it slip away. I believe that simplifying life and living...and bringing it back to survival will be our only choice. The machine is breaking down. Believe it or not. I will be ready to provide. I will flourish and I will raise my seed to do the same.

Oh and in the past few months goat became a member of a peruvian shamanistic community. Fucking do nothig hippies are gonna wait for people like me to save the world.
    I am a mountain kid. I will always be a mountain kid. That is exactly the way that I want it and exactly the way that I am.
    You wanna fook on me?!

old school

shut the fuck up
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

I am the mountain. Kid.

You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    shut the fuck up
    You really have some deep insight....tell me more. Clown.
    I am the mountain. Kid.
    yes. You ARE the mountain.
    You wanna fook on me?!

i've been to a few of these festivals, symbriosis gathering being my first. i subsequently went to LIB and the running man and had good times at all three.