Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Doubt may sound like a good idea but please GV.. DON'T DO THIS.

Default Re: No Doubt may sound like a good idea but please GV.. DON'T DO THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    They would be the band the DJ closes after. Can you imagine the shitty possiblities? Mainstage Friday: No Doubt ---> Skrillex (shutters).
    Sounds like a Bamboozle wet dream

Quote Originally Posted by BoCBoC View Post
    By far the most dangerous mediocre headliner threats right now are No Doubt and Gotye.
    Amazing how many dipshits think one radio hit gets you a headlining slot. Not a chance in hell Gotye headlines. They're not a threat and you're a fucking idiot for implying they are.

Now that we got that out of the way, here are the odds on favorites for Coachella 2013 Headliners:

Fri - Foster the People
    Sat - Gotye
    Sun - Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    The No Doubt show I saw in 2009 ran circles around the Massive Attack show I saw in 2010.

BTW, 2009 was the ND "reunion tour".
    if you EVER think no doubt was better than massive attack, much less "ran circles" around them, you my friend are a fucking idiot

old school

Quote Originally Posted by BoCBoC View Post
    By far the most dangerous mediocre headliner threats right now are No Doubt
    I'd pick No Doubt over the following headliners in their current form:

beyonce
    eminem
    madonna
    van halen
    kiss
    aerosmith
    nickelback
    metallica
    rhcp
    coldplay
    katy perry
    rihanna
    blink 182
    lmfao
    lil wayne
    jack johnson

too geriatric:
    stones
    who
    VU(reed/cale/tucker)

kinda a toss up for me:
    petty
    bjork(current setlist at festivals?)
    fleetwood mac(christine said to tour with them next year?)
    green day
    foo

old school

Quote Originally Posted by bonerfromgrowingpains View Post
    if you EVER think no doubt was better than massive attack, much less "ran circles" around them, you my friend are a fucking idiot
    Vancouver Malking Bowl May 2010 SUCKED. Outdoor, chilly, pouring rain and strict 10 pm curfew where they chopped out 3-4 songs setlisted(including big hits) despite it being their own show. Light show barely got used and the "front man" area wasn't covered.

I never said they were a better live act or did better albums. Only comparing 2 shows I saw about a year apart.

They would be the band the DJ closes after. Can you imagine the shitty possiblities? Mainstage Friday: No Doubt ---> Skrillex (shutters).

Everyone has a couple acts that they just fucking hate. Acts that you know you don't have to see, but their mere presence at the festival annoys you. For me it would be Green Day. I hate No Doubt and wouldn't even consider seeing them but they will play Coachella one year. I wouldn't mind THAT much if something cool was going on during their set.
    Its just an ongoin joke... I wouldnt mind that much, but I would be really aggrivated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Lurker

I think bumblebee just insinuated a very serious quagmire.

NO DOUBT... or NICKELBACK?

Gotye headlining Coachella is just about one of the funniest things I can imagine. "Somebody That I Used to Know" followed by a mass exodus midway through the set.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Another album and a few more massive hits like that and he could be a sub, but several more hit albums until headliner status. He's essentially a one-hit wonder. I haven't even heard radio try to play any other songs of his.

anyone listen to and like the Rock Steady album, which I believe was their last one? Supposed to be like a caribbean album or tropic thing. Sly & Robbie produced a track!? I haven't yet and just fear there's possibly too much singing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    anyone listen to and like the Rock Steady album, which I believe was their last one? Supposed to be like a caribbean album or tropic thing. Sly & Robbie produced a track!? I haven't yet and just fear there's possibly too much singing going on.
    I personally enjoyed Rock Steady, some songs kill themselves pretty fast, but overall I can't complain, I found I enjoyed it a bit more than Return to Saturn when comparing the two as overall albums.

When it first came out I was appalled at the pop-style production on Rock Steady.

Either No Doubt or Green Day will be the Jack Johnson-Killers-Muse-KOL-TBK mainstream headliner next year.

I'm going to have a blast at No Doubt muhahahahahahaha

I don't know why I had hope for any new No Doubt to be at least decent.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

What the hell?

Does Adrian Young realize we r living in a post-Adam Lambert world

Everyone has a couple acts that they just fucking hate. Acts that you know you don't have to see, but their mere presence at the festival annoys you. For me it would be Green Day. I hate No Doubt and wouldn't even consider seeing them but they will play Coachella one year. I wouldn't mind THAT much if something cool was going on during their set.
    F that. Why cant it just not happen.
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

we wanna see the abs!
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I don't know why I had hope for any new No Doubt to be at least decent.

This is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    we wanna see the abs!
    They looked fantastic at Almost Acustic Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

So is the blonde thing just by chance or are they all purposefully trying to look like Brigitte Nielsen?

No Doubt is an amazing live band and can run circles around most bands out there. They're new album sucks but live they are great and if you don't think so you don't know music (which is nothing new since y'all jizz over the lamest shit and whatever the cool critics tell you to listen to).

NoGwenPlease your obsession for no doubt is unhealthy to create a screen name such as that...

Quote Originally Posted by loubque View Post
    No Doubt is an amazing live band and can run circles around most bands out there. They're new album sucks but live they are great and if you don't think so you don't know music (which is nothing new since y'all jizz over the lamest shit and whatever the cool critics tell you to listen to).

NoGwenPlease your obsession for no doubt is unhealthy to create a screen name such as that...
    Dude yer dumb.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Agreed. Bring on NO DOUBT!! You know its going to happen, so cry about it now...or cry about it later. No Doubt and GV go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back!! Its time....just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachellagirl View Post
    Agreed. Bring on NO DOUBT!! You know its going to happen, so cry about it now...or cry about it later. No Doubt and GV go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back!! Its time....just sayin.
    You're both terrible people.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Coachellagirl View Post
    Can you tell me which weekend you plan on attending so I can avoid it. Thanks and fuck you.

Fucking terrible.

The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife