Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Doubt may sound like a good idea but please GV.. DON'T DO THIS.

Default No Doubt may sound like a good idea but please GV.. DON'T DO THIS.

Dear Goldenvoice,

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...nd-shove.jhtml

No doubt announced today that they are coming out with a new album. Judging by their last release and Gwen Stefani's solo "effort" I can give you an early review: it sucks.

Please don't add them to coachella 2013 just because they've got a new album an have a reunion tour in the works. For the price that they'll charge, you could get Portishead.. Or Massive Attack.. Or BOTH! Back to back! For the same price!

Seriously, their are far more talented bands out there that could reunite or draw the same amount of people. I would rather you give all of no doubt's money to OutKast and have them play Saturday AND Sunday solo and as a group than listen to don't speak ever again.

Please hear me out.. Don't do this.

Sincerely,

NoGwenPlease
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Default Re: No Doubt may sound like a good idea but please GV.. DON'T DO THIS.

Dear GV:

Disregard this posters request. I want some titties like they have at EDC.

hooray for titties!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

I don't remember a time when No Doubt didn't suck. Then again, I wasn't 12 when they first started gaining main stream traction.
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i get so mad when gv forces me to watch acts i don't want to see. oh wait...

November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

old school

Quote Originally Posted by NoGwenPlease View Post
    Please don't add them to coachella 2013 just because they've got a new album an have a reunion tour in the works. For the price that they'll charge, you could get Portishead.. Or Massive Attack.. Or BOTH! Back to back! For the same price!
    The No Doubt show I saw in 2009 ran circles around the Massive Attack show I saw in 2010.

BTW, 2009 was the ND "reunion tour".

Don't like them, don't watch them. You're being fairly ignorant thinking that they won't be booked at some point.

Nope. Never should be booked. Ever. Never ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

As I said in another thread, it's a can't-lose booking for GV.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

I can see this happening soon. Cant say that I would be disappointed, especially if there is something really legit going on at the same time like The Knife or Soulwax.

Nope. Never should be booked. Ever. Never ever.
    This year Swedish House Mafia closed out the main stage. I was at Refused. Your argument is invalid.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    I can see this happening soon. Cant say that I would be disappointed, especially if there is something really legit going on at the same time like The Knife or Soulwax.
    Kneuller's got it. Book them if it means they'll be conflicting with awesome opponents. I know I'll be getting down in the mojave instead of watching No Doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I support this thread but won't really give a shit if they are on the lineup.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I wouldn't be that disappointed, but I'd hope they get something better. They're playing the Teen Choice Awards for shit's shake
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I wouldnt be too upset to see them on the lineup, id probably actually stop in for a song or two then wander elsewhere. However, it would be super fuckin lame if they closed the main. So many better options for what I assume would be a friday headliner. Honestly wouldnt mind seeing the killers up there with a new album out in september (?)

Quote Originally Posted by 808HiLife View Post
    I wouldnt be too upset to see them on the lineup, id probably actually stop in for a song or two then wander elsewhere. However, it would be super fuckin lame if they closed the main. So many better options for what I assume would be a friday headliner. Honestly wouldnt mind seeing the killers up there with a new album out in september (?)

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

old school

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I wouldn't be that disappointed, but I'd hope they get something better. They're playing the Teen Choice Awards for shit's shake
    So did Travis Barker - he's played the Sahara.

I could seen Kelly Clarkson working at Coachella to close out the outdoor

Dear Goldenvoice,

I would rather you give all of no doubt's money to OutKast and have them play Saturday AND Sunday solo and as a group...

Please hear me out..

Sincerely,

NoGwenPlease
    This is all that needed to be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Wait...what's all this talk about titties?
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I could think of a lot of acts I would skip whereas with No Doubt I'd at least stop in to hear Sunday Morning and Bathwater. Stow the hyperbole, cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

old school

I would rather you give all of no doubt's money to OutKast and have them play Saturday AND Sunday solo and as a group than listen to don't speak ever again.
    You could throw $10 million at them, it won't happen.

It's OK, I saw them on the AREA1 tour.

They would be the band the DJ closes after. Can you imagine the shitty possiblities? Mainstage Friday: No Doubt ---> Skrillex (shutters).

Everyone has a couple acts that they just fucking hate. Acts that you know you don't have to see, but their mere presence at the festival annoys you. For me it would be Green Day. I hate No Doubt and wouldn't even consider seeing them but they will play Coachella one year. I wouldn't mind THAT much if something cool was going on during their set.

It's comical to me that someone has the gumption to suggest that a band they personally dislike should never be allowed. Talk about the height of arrogance. Don't want to watch No Doubt? Don't watch them.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    They would be the band the DJ closes after.
    What possible Coachella headliner could have sold out all of the following venues in one summer?

May 20, 2009 Bakersfield Rabobank Arena
    May 22, 2009 Chula Vista Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre
    May 23, 2009 Phoenix Cricket Wireless Pavilion
    July 21, 2009 Concord Sleep Train Pavilion
    July 22, 2009 Universal City Gibson Amphitheatre
    July 24, 2009 Wheatland Sleep Train Amphitheatre
    July 25, 2009 Mountain View Shoreline Amphitheatre
    July 27, 2009 Universal City Gibson Amphitheatre
    July 28, 2009
    July 31, 2009 Irvine Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    August 1, 2009
    August 2, 2009
    August 4, 2009
    August 5, 2009 Santa Barbara Santa Barbara Bowl
    August 7, 2009 Las Vegas The Joint
    August 8, 2009 Chula Vista Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre

No Doubt, Paramore, The Sounds Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
    Irvine, Calif.
    July 31, Aug. 1-2, 4, 2009
    $3,736,584
    59,763 /
    4 /
    $90, $25
    Live Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Axtell View Post
    It's comical to me that someone has the gumption to suggest that a band they personally dislike should never be allowed. Talk about the height of arrogance. Don't want to watch No Doubt? Don't watch them.
    Bro its not the issue of watching them... I dont want my money to in any way fund them... I'd rather have GV use that money for something more talented and or awesome.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by H_is_O View Post
    I dont want my money to in any way fund them....
    How that different that a dozen acts in any past coachella lineup? Even headliners like kings of leon or swedish house mafia or jack johnson that are forum punching bags??

By far the most dangerous mediocre headliner threats right now are No Doubt and Gotye.

I would probably watch No Doubt. They wouldn't be my first choice but there are a lot worse headliner options.

Quote Originally Posted by BoCBoC View Post
    By far the most dangerous mediocre headliner threats right now are No Doubt and Gotye.
    GOTYE WILL NOT HEADLINE SHUT UP
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I would actually want to see Massive Attack and Portishead back to back. That would be great