Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fake Poster Thread

Default Re: 2013 Fake Poster Thread

primus 3d = dumb.
    theres no way to support the concept currently.
    even if the new tent is fit for screenings ,"sound city", how r they gonna handle demand and the 3d glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Thanks man, exactly.... Tried to add cheese to it like Nervo, Annger Dimas, Doctor P, Tommy Trash, Rusko... guess its not over the top enough, BASSNECTAR, David Guetta!
    Well Hardwell and Bingo Players have already been confirmed so that's about as cheesy as it gets.

Bassnectar is actually pretty legit. He spent years trying to make a name for himself in the Burner scene and has produced some good music. He releases some Brostep trash sometimes and plays some of it in his sets, but overall I have a ton of respect for him as an artist. Maybe I'm just bias because I've been listening to his music before anyone knew who he was.

I think deadmau5, Boys Noize, A-Trak, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Diplo, Knife Party are all acts that are big enough to make a solid Sahara-sesh for the bros, but have distinct sounds that, while far from approved by the EDM purists, would provide a diverse Sahara in the top lines.

The problem with 2012 was not just that it was mainstream, but that Alesso, Afrojack, Kaskade, Guetta, SHM/Ingrosso, Avicii all play the same stuff. I have friends that love those guys and at the end of the weekend, even they were like, "It all sounded the same."

The Sahara will be a bro haven for as long as EDM stays popular, and will continue to feature huge EDC approved acts. The names in the first group, however, will at least provide variety. deadmau5 is not going to drop Levels, Ridha is not going to play Save the World, etc. I would bet money that GV is going to try to satisfy both audiences, and the majority of the top billed Sahara will come from that group.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I think deadmau5, Boys Noize, A-Trak, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Diplo, Knife Party are all acts that are big enough to make a solid Sahara-sesh for the bros, but have distinct sounds that, while far from approved by the EDM purists, would provide a diverse Sahara in the top lines.

The problem with 2012 was not just that it was mainstream, but that Alesso, Afrojack, Kaskade, Guetta, SHM/Ingrosso, Avicii all play the same stuff. I have friends that love those guys and at the end of the weekend, even they were like, "It all sounded the same."

The Sahara will be a bro haven for as long as EDM stays popular, and will continue to feature huge EDC approved acts. The names in the first group, however, will at least provide variety. deadmau5 is not going to drop Levels, Ridha is not going to play Save the World, etc. I would bet money that GV is going to try to satisfy both audiences, and the majority of the top billed Sahara will come from that group.
    That's pretty much how it was with past EDM lineups at Coachella.

Some great EDM, mixed in with shitty cheese House. So I think you're probably right on about that.

Last year was a disaster. I spent most of my time in the Mojave, but everytime I walked into the Sahara I heard "Save the World," or some shitty Electro House remix of that Gotye song.

Bahaha Of Mice & Men at Coachella

Saw this one on facebook....

Oh my that takes the cake for most pathetic poster of all time

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    That's pretty much how it was with past EDM lineups at Coachella.

Some great EDM, mixed in with shitty cheese House. So I think you're probably right on about that.

Last year was a disaster. I spent most of my time in the Mojave, but everytime I walked into the Sahara I heard "Save the World," or some shitty Electro House remix of that Gotye song.
    I will be the first to admit that, outside of a couple Sasha live sets I've been into recently, my knowledge of EDM has never made it past the 101 stage...just a daunting genre. So usually I'm fine with cheese, and want at least one blow out Sahara party every year. Last year though, it just all sounded the same.

Sahara wise, I saw:
    15-20 minutes of Alesso - All I remember was Levels into One More Time, was really let down after being told by a camper it would be a fun set.
    Swedish House - Big drunken lazer spectacle, cheesy songs but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't have fun, perfect for Friday but maybe would have been a let down later in the week.
    75% of Jacques lu Cont - Dug it a lot. A ton, actually, real different.
    15 minutes of Ingrosso, whatever part of the set was before Kasabian - All I remember was thinking it sounded the exact same as Swedish House, I don't know much of their material but if you told me it was the same set, in the same order, I would believe you.
    Part of Kaskade, before the second half of Radiohead - Thought Kaskade had more of a tranquil sound, but it was the same fucking songs as SHM/Alesso/Ingrosso. The "in my mind, what we're fighting for, da na NAH NAH" and "come around, boy you make my heart pound" songs.

The year before I mostly stuck to the easy to digest stuff as well, I saw The Twelves (were the best), Boys Noize, part of Duck Sauce, and all of A-Trak, but those acts all sounded distinctly different, apart from the obvious Duck Sauce/A-Trak overlap which is fine for me given that he wrote those songs.

So I may have just outed myself as TheKlein of electronic music, but I have a high tolerance for cheese and still thought it all sounded the same.

The Twelves are great! I love them.

GV's inability to put together a decent dance music card is mystifying. Been a steady decline since year one of the festival (probably the best for dance music) but last year the whole thing just fell off a cliff. This should be the EASIEST part of the lineup to book. We're talking about people playing records, not playing instruments. Plenty of people w/ quality record bags, most of whom know how to put them to good use. DJ's are constantly touring ... concerns as to availability that surely inform the booking of bands ought not influence the booking of DJ's to any great degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    GV's inability to put together a decent dance music card is mystifying.
    Agree with most of what you had to say but the fact of the matter is that your music taste isn't in line with the current majority of ticket buyers. The reason Coachella has sold out the past few years is because of the cheesy electronic billing. And as long as they can continue to sell out the festival with the lower cost DJ's (relative to bands) there is no reason why they should go back to booking the expensive live acts. For the time being, we will have to hope that they book a few anomalies a year (The Chemical Brothers, Leftfield, Orbital, Plastikman)
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Coachella has always been good at being a tastemaker and booking the next big upcoming band early. IMO there is a lot of DJ talent in the electronic scene that is ready to blow up in the next 5 years that doesn't fall in what is now considered a second/third line billed DJ - probably more so then in any other genre. I would hope GV recognizes this and start booking these artists (also much cheaper then the oft recycled second/third line billed DJ). I know I'm asking a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    The Twelves are great! I love them.

they were whack at Neon Desert Music Festival last year...

So I know it's made with that stupid generator thing but if anyone wants to help me make it look legit just out of pure kindness? that would be awesome because I'm excluding a ton of artists that I'd like to have on here (Approximately 30 more). But none the less, this is my try at it with the tools given to me. Curious what you guys think.

Fantastic lineup, although needs some The Knife
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I personally think Fiona Apple would be higher, but what do I know... Also, love that you have the cranberries on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Welcome to Stackedchella....
    David Bryne
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

whoops. thanks for noticing.
    Upcoming Shows:

No sweat. My eyes are drawn to things like that. It's a curse, believe me.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaJay View Post
    So I know it's made with that stupid generator thing but if anyone wants to help me make it look legit just out of pure kindness? that would be awesome because I'm excluding a ton of artists that I'd like to have on here (Approximately 30 more). But none the less, this is my try at it with the tools given to me. Curious what you guys think.

Oddly enough, I wish this was the real lineup. I have only seen Jack White once and he was fuarking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaJay View Post
    not bad. not the best selection of hip hop but i wouldnt mind this.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

Quote Originally Posted by Radtechnique View Post
    Oddly enough, I wish this was the real lineup. I have only seen Jack White once and he was fuarking awesome.
    FYI - Someone emailed Jack White's booking agent on the Bonnaroo board and they said he's taking 2013 off.

Just saw the actual line up- headliners are daft punk yeah yeah yeahs David Bowie sound city players and blur

Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    Just saw the actual line up- headliners are daft punk yeah yeah yeahs David Bowie sound city players and blur
    You left off Phoenix from that fake poster. Try again.

Noooooooooooooo

Too good.
    Upcoming Shows:

Not bad, Beachhouse would be above Pretty Lights. The Knife def needs to be on there. Anything with Trent's name attached to it wouldn't be that low on the bill.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Made some adjustments. I got confirmation RHCP will not be there and it's completely legit because my source is direct friends with Josh Klinghoffer. Also moved some artists around. I'm just kind of whatever about it at this point because I'm hoping to see the actual lineup next Monday but hopefully a lot of this lineup is similar. Not many people have the Cranberries or Smashing Pumpkins on their fake lineups but I'd love to see both of them. I'm also still kind of confused at the thought that Phoenix is ready to headline, along the likes of bands like blur, Smashing Pumpkins and even the Yeah Yeah Yeahs but I guess I'm wrong? One last thing. If Daft Punk doesn't end up headlining AGAIN, who would take their place? Pearl Jam? Depeche Mode? David Bowie??? Idk, it's all too crazy and I'm kind of glad that I'm so uncertain. I've always liked the element of surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    they were whack at Neon Desert Music Festival last year...
    They were awesome at Coachella two years ago. One of the few sets in the Sahara over the past three Coachellas that I thoroughly enjoyed the whole time I was there. We could use some dance music like that on the lineup this year.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    They were awesome at Coachella two years ago. One of the few sets in the Sahara over the past three Coachellas that I thoroughly enjoyed the whole time I was there. We could use some dance music like that on the lineup this year.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Their set 2 years ago led me to catching them the next week in Chicago, and they just came around DC the end of 2012. I don't know that they played anything really new, but their remixes are real fun to dance to and I've yet to be disappointed.

[ Coachella '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1), *'14 (W1) ]