Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fake Poster Thread

Default Re: 2013 Fake Poster Thread

WhatLies poster is pretty realistic (except for the font). Good mix of different genres. The other poster on this page barely has any rap and no R&B.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

I'd be pretty stoked with that lineup. Surely Underworld (and probably Nas too?) would be second line acts. Just shows how stacked that poster is.

By the way, it's White Denim, not White Denims.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    I hope Blur is there, but for some reason I just don't see them at Coachella this year. I know they're at Vive Latino shortly before, but I just have a feeling they won't come back for Chella.

Honestly I think RHCP can and will be the first 3-peat. Radiohead has to wait another 5 years minimum and RATM hate each other.

That leaves Bjork, RHCP, and The Cure. Of those, I really think RHCP are the most likely. They're based out of Southern California, have the most radio play of the 3, recently released a new album, and have the largest name recognition in the US. Tool shared the top billing in 1999, so i'm not sure if I consider that headlining. But even if I do I don't see them coming back for a while.
    Tool most definitely "headlined" 1999.

Coachella11 copy.jpg

bumped and new color

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Coachella11 copy.jpg

bumped and new color
    Our posters are so similar. But realistically, Daft Punk is not going to be there.......we all know that

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Our posters are so similar. But realistically, Daft Punk is not going to be there.......we all know that
    they're similar because we are basing the majority of the poster off of rumors... I saw that you posted yours and i was like shit i better post mine now to keep its integrity

Oh and your right, The Rolling Stones are MUCH more likely to be there this year
    Last edited by WhatLies; 12-10-2012 at 12:50 AM.

change jessica ware to jessie ware, and i could for sure trick my girlfriend.
    I CANT FUCKING WAIT.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by paulb; 12-11-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

^naht bad. If Blur was to co-headline (which they wouldn't) it'd be with Phoenix, not DP
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post

Enjoy.
    I would love for this to be the final result.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, it needs more tweenbop rave pleasers in order for it to look more realistic.

As much as I love the lineup and believe its realistic, its missing a massive amount of CHEESE
    Upcoming Shows:

and rap musik.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

Fingers crossed for the bass dome being brought back. Then those twats can have all the Aoki their little hearts desire.

Which fake should I share on FB, paulb's above or

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Paulb's all the way!

they're similar because we are basing the majority of the poster off of rumors... I saw that you posted yours and i was like shit i better post mine now to keep its integrity

Oh and your right, The Rolling Stones are MUCH more likely to be there this year
    Hey i'm not bashing yours don't worry. We're both basing ours off of the same rumors, I know that.

Actually though I talked to Gary Tovar (co-founder of Goldenvoice) back in October at the Flying Lotus show and he told me they were TRYING to sign The Rolling Stones, but it was proving to be quite difficult and nothing was finalized yet. He also confirmed deadmau5. That's why I put The Rolling Stones.

Coachella11 copy.jpg

bumped and new color
    No Crazy Horse with Neil? Also Fiona Apple is spelled wrong (Fionna) as well as Imagine Dragons (Imagined Dragons). Local Natives would be way higher with their current hype level at 100+ in Los Angeles

Enjoy.
    Blur would not headline nor co-headline. These days almost nobody in the US knows/remembers who they are, and that's a fact. They had 5 straight #1 albums in the UK, but the highest an album of theirs ever charted in the US was #56. Of course, record sales is not the only indicator of who can headline, but the point i'm trying to make is they are nowhere near as popular in the US as they are in the UK. They would be 2nd line.

Back to the commercial sales analysis, Bjork is arguably the least commercially successful Coachella headliner, as her most popular album in the US peaked at #9 on the Billboard 200. #9 --> #56 is a huge jump.
    Last edited by ameeps; 12-10-2012 at 10:09 PM.

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Hey i'm not bashing yours don't worry. We're both basing ours off of the same rumors, I know that.

Actually though I talked to Gary Tovar (co-founder of Goldenvoice) back in October at the Flying Lotus show and he told me they were TRYING to sign The Rolling Stones, but it was proving to be quite difficult and nothing was finalized yet. He also confirmed deadmau5. That's why I put The Rolling Stones.

No Crazy Horse with Neil? Also Fiona Apple is spelled wrong (Fionna) as well as Imagine Dragons (Imagined Dragons). Local Natives would be way higher with their current hype level at 100+ in Los Angeles

Blur would not headline nor co-headline. These days almost nobody in the US knows/remembers who they are, and that's a fact. They had 5 straight #1 albums in the UK, but the highest an album of theirs ever charted in the US was #56. Of course, record sales is not the only indicator of who can headline, but the point i'm trying to make is they are nowhere near as popular in the US as they are in the UK. They would be 2nd line.

Back to the commercial sales analysis, Bjork is arguably the least commercially successful Coachella headliner, as her most popular album in the US peaked at #9 on the Billboard 200. #9 --> #56 is a huge jump.
    Thats great that GV has been contacting the Rolling Stones but that doesn't equate to The Rolling Stones being more "likely" to play than Daft Punk (DP has been contacted on numerous occasions since 2006 but 2013 will be the first time since 06 that they'll have new material to tour with).

I appreciate your spelling corrections to my poster, however, your whole lineup placement comment is a slippery slope. I'll admit that I don't have a pulse on LAs music scene seeing that I don't live in LA, but for someone who seems to know what they're talking about, how could you possibly put Hardwell, a "top 10" DJ in terms of popularity, behind Polica?

We'll see....
    Upcoming Shows:

Of Monster and Men
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Thats great that GV has been contacting the Rolling Stones but that doesn't equate to The Rolling Stones being more "likely" to play than Daft Punk (DP has been contacted on numerous occasions since 2006 but 2013 will be the first time since 06 that they'll have new material to tour with).

I appreciate your spelling corrections to my poster, however, your whole lineup placement comment is a slippery slope. I'll admit that I don't have a pulse on LAs music scene seeing that I don't live in LA, but for someone who seems to know what they're talking about, how could you possibly put Hardwell, a "top 10" DJ in terms of popularity, behind Polica?
    You have a point, but so far there's been no proof GV has even approached DP this year, while I know for certain they did approach the Stones. As for my placing of Hardwell, I have absolutely no knowledge of DJs and the EDM scene. I doubt I could name any others in the top 10. I didn't even know who Hardwell was when I was putting him on the poster. Also there's no guarantee DP's new album will be out in 2013, let alone by April.

We'll see....
    II could be wrong, but I really don't think Blur would or could be listed on the top line. But yes, we'll see in January.
    Last edited by ameeps; 12-11-2012 at 01:21 AM.

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Hey ameeps....Thanks again for the template. Worked like a gem! I really was just fiddling around with colors somehow, getting a bit lost in the software.... I wish I could have had the Coachella cloud on my poster....but overall, id say i worked out nicely. Well done, more people need to get on your download.
    Upcoming Shows:

Enjoy.
    Plenty of good stuff to enjoy during the day and evening, and then leave when the headliners come on. Just like a real Coachella.

But if there's a Nick Cave/Bob Mould conflict I'm gonna be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Plenty of good stuff to enjoy during the day and evening, and then leave when the headliners come on. Just like a real Coachella.

But if there's a Nick Cave/Bob Mould conflict I'm gonna be pissed.
    I was thinking of throwing in some Grandmaster Flash for you on the poster...but just didnt have any room....
    Upcoming Shows:

Hey ameeps....Thanks again for the template. Worked like a gem! I really was just fiddling around with colors somehow, getting a bit lost in the software.... I wish I could have had the Coachella cloud on my poster....but overall, id say i worked out nicely. Well done, more people need to get on your download.
    Thanks Paul I appreciate it. You could add clouds as a photoshop brush or add an image on top of the background if you want.

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Thanks Paul I appreciate it. You could add clouds as a photoshop brush or add an image on top of the background if you want.
    AH, i finally figured it out. This is what I originally had in mind for my poster to look like.

Upcoming Shows:

GV could get away with charging me disgusting amounts of money for this. ^^^

Jesus, Saturday is more stacked than Scarlett Johanson.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Trying to play around with a fake schedule (bored at work lol). You guys think this Friday is feasible?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FT1FtbHc#gid=2

*tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet*
    Last edited by xanman86; 12-12-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows

Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015