Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1596

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

Played the American Psycho drinking game as partial honor to this thread. Shit fucked me up
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing.....
    DJ Shadow's debut album is more than just music, it's feels like a story. The interview to start off Building Steam with a Grain of Salt goes great to the piano and beat. The big sharp notes hit make this song pretty epic. I'm pretty pumped listening to this with the occassional turntable and howling in the background. Out of nowhere the drums transform into some crazy fast drops, and then a funky 70's cop show guitar comes in and really changes the mood on this song. Changeling shows off Shadow's ability to create one smooth and calming and trippy jazz song with the consistent beat from the drums and all the production effects that make this song so pleasant. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 4) another very great song. However, Stem/Long Stem is where I start to really believe this album is one of the best 90's albums I've ever heard. The music is thrilling throughout and the vocal samples thrown in make this song feel like a journey through time. The drums are getting pounded on as fast as bullets firing from a machine gun. After that the song becomes much calmer with a heroic feeling marching out of Vietnam or some shit all coming from the horns and engineering. The piano outro simply put is beautiful. Why Hip Hop Sucks in '96 is just all too funny because it's kind of true, and Shadow makes this a theme on this album. Midnight in a Perfect World just has me hooked the whole time, while What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1 - Blue Sky Revisit) has the magic drum beat and sexy saxophone. The mixing is great this is where the turntables just go all out towards the end. This whole album is supposably just made of samples that DJ Shadow just loops over to make them unrecognizable. There's just something about this music that I can't find one single thing wrong about it.

My rating: 10
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

You've been giving out a lot of 10's recently...

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Well, the two recent 10s he gave were for Unknown Pleasures and Entroducing. So, yeah.

Hey, theKlein, have you reviewed Burial - Untrue? If not, I suggest that.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    When he skipped "Informer" by Snow, I knew these reviews were a sham.

Angelo Badalamenti - Music of Twin Peaks
    Twin Peaks, a show I never watched, though it was big when it came out just seems like a plot that gets carried a little too far. Yet the focus is one the music, which throughout seems very thrilling which leads to a lot of suspense and just total relaxation when I'm not on the edge of my seat. Twin Peaks Theme really is a good theme song. It's like some jazz ambient stuff. The bass is very heavy, while all the horns are very soft and very slow. The song makes me feel a bit of sadness. The horns really pick up towards the end and the effects from the bass keep me enchanted. Laura Palmer's Theme is utterly spooky. I don't like it because it's so dark, but i do like it because the arrangement of the music is so good. The piano is just excellent and this song is just in complete control of my mood. The whole time The Nightingale was playing I was frozen because I got lost completely into the vocals and the pacing of the song matched the singing perfectly. I enjoyed that song too much. Love Theme from Twin Peaks felt too dark to be a love theme, I felt like there were gray clouds up above frowning on me. If the show is as good as this music, then maybe I'll have to check out the show. The flow of the music just stunned me and left me in awe. The singing by Cruise was just haunting throughout.

My rating: 8.25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

You should watch that show. Or any David Lynch if you haven't.

Also, review:

David Lynch : Crazy Clown Time

His album from last year. Ha, it's hilarious

K I'll check out one his movies or some episodes of that show. Also I'll review that album.
    Yeah Rasooli I gave out 2 10's but those 2 albums just coincidently were requested in a short span of time.
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Marina and the Diamonds - The Family Jewels
    The Family Jewels feels like a new fresh set of batteries. She sounds so happy and the tone of her music adds this freshness bringing nothing but happiness and good energetic vibes. Those violins to start off Are You Satisfied? quickly get overpowered by that over-joyous drum beat. A crazy synth is in the background, while everything else is going, and Marina changes her tone so frequently while being accompanied by other singers off and on. There's so many different sounds going on that you can't keep track, but it all comes together to create one pop song. Then we do it all again for Shampain. This song is easier to follow along to with the upbeat drum beat once more. The song is powered by a guitar and engineering mixing with violins in the background. There's even a violin solo. Marina's transition from the chorus to out of it is just really catchy. I Am Not A Robot is incredibly. Marina has a beautiful singing and the emphasis on certain words makes this song so good. The violins make me feel like I'm at the Chocolate Factory ready to dive into some giant gumdrops. Obsessions is the serious side of Marina. The piano on its own is pretty dark, but when the drums enter and the other effects the tempo really picks up. Hollywood is back to what we heard in the first few tracks. A very fast drum beat and her just belting so many words. The chorus immediately transfers this song into one indie pop jam. The transition from out of the chorus is so smooth, and then when they get back into the chorus the song maximizes out on the fun scale. I can picture the lighting to go along to this song and I see it being pretty sick. Oh No! is just amusing to me. Marina's just throwing down the words and this song would make just one big giant dance party. The studio production is outstanding, I love her voice, and I found most these songs super entertaining. The bells, the violins, the cello, and the drums were just too skilled and I felt like I was watching a big symphony.

My rating: 7.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post

Angelo Badalamenti - Music of Twin Peaks
    Twin Peaks, a show I never watched, though it was big when it came out just seems like a plot that gets carried a little too far. Yet the focus is one the music, which throughout seems very thrilling which leads to a lot of suspense and just total relaxation when I'm not on the edge of my seat. Twin Peaks Theme really is a good theme song. It's like some jazz ambient stuff. The bass is very heavy, while all the horns are very soft and very slow. The song makes me feel a bit of sadness. The horns really pick up towards the end and the effects from the bass keep me enchanted. Laura Palmer's Theme is utterly spooky. I don't like it because it's so dark, but i do like it because the arrangement of the music is so good. The piano is just excellent and this song is just in complete control of my mood. The whole time The Nightingale was playing I was frozen because I got lost completely into the vocals and the pacing of the song matched the singing perfectly. I enjoyed that song too much. Love Theme from Twin Peaks felt too dark to be a love theme, I felt like there were gray clouds up above frowning on me. If the show is as good as this music, then maybe I'll have to check out the show. The flow of the music just stunned me and left me in awe. The singing by Cruise was just haunting throughout.

My rating: 8.25
    Glad to hear you liked this. I would also recommend the Twin Peak: Fire Walk With Me soundtrack as well.

Also, yes to you watching the show. As for Fire Walk With Me, if you like the show, and after you finish the entire run, MAYBE watch the movie. It's more a like a stand alone David Lynch movie than a big screen continuation of the series.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Also, review:

David Lynch : Crazy Clown Time

His album from last year. Ha, it's hilarious
    I'm going to go on record as liking that one. Definately not for everyone. "These Are My Friends" definately is a favorite around the house.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Danny Brown - XXX
    Besides Eminem I'm not aware if I've heard other rappers out of Detroit. Danny Brown really drives this album with his lyrics. Die Like a Rockstar is pretty much about being thug, but what I like is the experimental noises and beat that go to this song, which really add a uniqueness to Brown. Pac Blood seems to change the subject every line, but I was able to catch smack talk towards Sarah Palin which was pretty funny. There's a lot of swag in Lie4 and I think someone was just playing with their zipper in the background. I Will opens up with that cool chipmunk voice we're starting to hear in a lot of songs, but I like the amount of times bitch is used in this song. He wants that pussy on his voice badly. Detroit 87 is just another comical song. He's pretty thug and loves weed and girls. I like the background noises because they're pretty simple but make the song even sillier. Blunt after Blunt is a great stoner song. Gotta show my friends this one. Adderall Admiral just makes me feel like I'm on drugs because of that rhythm. I'm not sure if I found Danny Brown good, but if he's aiming to be a comedian than I support him. Why I think this album is great is simply based off the lyrics along with the experimental sounds to really push this album out of the norm.

My rating: 8
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Tell me more about Imagine Dragons please, and if you can do so before New Years. They're playing in Mammoth and that's a short drive, so if you sell me on them I may go.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Danny Brown - XXX
    Besides Eminem I'm not aware if I've heard other rappers out of Detroit. Danny Brown really drives this album with his lyrics. Die Like a Rockstar is pretty much about being thug, but what I like is the experimental noises and beat that go to this song, which really add a uniqueness to Brown. Pac Blood seems to change the subject every line, but I was able to catch smack talk towards Sarah Palin which was pretty funny. There's a lot of swag in Lie4 and I think someone was just playing with their zipper in the background. I Will opens up with that cool chipmunk voice we're starting to hear in a lot of songs, but I like the amount of times bitch is used in this song. He wants that pussy on his voice badly. Detroit 87 is just another comical song. He's pretty thug and loves weed and girls. I like the background noises because they're pretty simple but make the song even sillier. Blunt after Blunt is a great stoner song. Gotta show my friends this one. Adderall Admiral just makes me feel like I'm on drugs because of that rhythm. I'm not sure if I found Danny Brown good, but if he's aiming to be a comedian than I support him. Why I think this album is great is simply based off the lyrics along with the experimental sounds to really push this album out of the norm.

My rating: 8
    Glad you liked this one haha. It's definitely a grower, especially songs like Lie 4, I Will, Fields, Monopoly. Really deep and great album.

Yeah I just opened up to XXX. Really awesome. Stoked for the new one too! especially the purity ring colab

K I'll check out one his movies or some episodes of that show.

It's tough for Lynch. I'd almost start with Blue Velvet.... It's fucking crazy but yeah. That or Mulholland Drive. Mulholland Drive was my first Lynch film, along with Twin Peaks.

Imagine Dragons review tomorrow it is.

o and here's this...
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

blink-182 - Dogs Eating Dogs
    Dogs Eating Dogs is the 2nd EP ever released by blink-182. It all starts with a keyboard and then a little synth action at the same time, which is a completely new sound for blink-182. Barker picks up the drum tempo and then you feel like you just got shot out of a cannon. The guitar has the qualities of modern blink-182 but the lyrics bring back an old school feeling with lines like, "It's the worst damn day and so on." Delonge is firing out words, and then Hoppus backing with the words, "It doesn't hurt them." A crazy keyboard solo then takes us back into that heavy Delonge riff. I don't think I've heard blink-182 this loud in a song after their breakup except for maybe Natives. Anyways this song is called When I Was Young, which seems very appropriate. Dogs Eating Dogs is the fastest blink-182 since their pre-breakup era. Mark Hoppus does his thing, then Delonge takes over and that line I have a "Crippling fear of heights" stands out to me. Hoppus is slapping the bass and I just want to run in circles to this guitar. Not only the power chords amaze me, but Travis Barker is just tearing the drum kit up. The amount of notes he is hitting per second is beyond me. His fillers in this song are incredible and the way he can transition in and out of the chorus is so smooth but FAST!. This song beats anything on Neighborhoods, which I'd only give a 7 if I were to review it. Disaster opens with the most spacey sounds I've ever heard from this band, and they're really pushing the pop punk experimental envelope. Hoppus plays that role you'd hear in Down. This song sounds like something they'd put out during the Not Now recording session. The guitar is pretty neat, but the drums make it sound like an avalanche is coming. Boxing Day opens with the kind of guitar you'd hear from Green Day's Warning like the track Minority, etc.. I really like the acoustics and the drum beat in this song is pretty sick. Then that drum drop makes me feel like something big is coming, but instead Hoppus steps in and keeps things pretty tame. The song becomes one big singalong. Then Delonge comes in again, and if he continues to sing like this then I'm excited for what's in store. Their vocal harmonization does wonders for this song. From feeling like I'm in a glorious mosh pit, now blink-182 has taken me to an environment where I'm on my couch with a blanket drinking hot chocolate. I can't tell if this is a Christmas song, and something we'll be hearing in the future. Pretty Little Girl comes out firing with a more laid back riff with some bumping bass and sythn. For the first time in blink-182 history a singer that isn't Tom or Mark completely takes over the song. Yelawolf steps in and provides some sick lines. The drums turn into a marching band feel. A bell is ringing, and this song turns into one amazing outro. At one point blink-182 was the most popular pop punk band ever, but then they broke up and Green Day took over, but I'm very optimistic that blink-182 is on the verge of reclaiming the throne.

My rating: 9
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

For the first time in blink-182 history a singer that isn't Tom or Mark completely takes over the song. Yelawolf steps in and provides some sick lines.
    Ahem, Robert Smith on "All Of This"

The sampler I heard of that EP is generally much more upbeat than the Neighborhoods album. And that self-titled record is pretty great, esp. that Robert Smith cameo.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Foals - Antidotes
    The debut album opens with some chilling horns in the song The French Open. The guitar has a very fun rhythm. The singing sounds like there's 3 people shouting. Pacing in this song really picks up, while the guitar and bass keep it steady. Cassius ix just as fast if not faster. This song is pretty catchy because you hear "Cassius" said a lot and something about the guitar and horns really make this a dance jam. Olympic Airwaves is another great song. The opening guitar riffs serve as a nice buildup for another possible jam. The bass really stands out in this track, and like the other songs the guitar rhtythm is very fast, but the tone from the vocals is much calmer. The song hits a high tide moment creating an overwhelming experience with al the drumming and pacing. Balloons is a cool song, but I like the one that comes after, Heavy Water. It's got neat effects going on in the background that create a nice ambient feel, and then out of nowhere the guitar picks up and makes these awesome pauses. The music of Foals makes perfect sundown music for some reason in my mind. It's been a couple years since I've heard Total Life Forever but I have that one collecting imaginary file dust. This album has a certain uniqueness to it, and just the tempo of each song is pretty solid.

My rating: 7.25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Rx Bandits - ...And The Battle Begun
    The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?

Christmas in the Stars: Star Wars Christmas Album
    I like Star Wars, and Christmas is usually fun, so someone came up with the idea of combining the two. Once you get over the fact that these fictional characters should not know what Christmas is the soundtrack is pretty well produced. The opening track Christmas in the Stars surprises me because who would have thought that C-3PO could sing. However the group singing that occurs in this song is pretty awful. I laugh at the droids singing because it's pretty horrendous. At least the music is good and makes me feel like I'm out in the snow on a Christmas day though I can only imagine that feeling . Bells, Bells, Bells, reveals a flamboyant side of C-3PO. Of course R2-D2 doesn't know who the Japanese are but that's besides the point. This is one corny song. R2-D2 We Wish You a Merry Christmas finally convinces me that this album was created for an audience 10 and under. I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been acted out on high school and amateur stages already. The little kids singing is just goofy. The Meaning of Christmas just goes out with one big bang. Seems like everything I was laughing reoccurs and then some dude is singing I couldn't really figure out who. There's a wookie making noises. They start talking about love and having Christmas everyday I don't know it gets weird. There is something historic that came out of this. Jon Bon Jovi makes his debut in R2-D2 We Wish You a Merry Christmas.

My rating: 5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

I WANT A VAST REVIEW DOWN TO THE MINUTE.

The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Wait the whole 24 hours?
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Mark Farina - Mushroom Jazz volume 3
    Never heard volume 1 & 2 but my impression of mushroom jazz is based off this record. Though this album is separated into songs, I feel like it's all one continuous song to tell a story. We hear the same heavy bass for the first 3 songs in. There's some spontaneous yelling and a pretty consistent drum beat. The guitar work in Raw Instinct -De La is great, and that's where I finally start to pay better attention. Adding some frosting to this cake. Daddy's Favorite-Do It is pretty funky. I really love the rapping in The Unspoken Heard it adds some excitement, while the beat really adds some freshness. The Mother's Brothers - Dig It is good and i like the feel of it. At times the horns really opened my mind up and I could just let it sink all in. The album makes a nice soundtrack, but as something to listen to for entertainment I'm unsure about. Like the sounds in Urban Backcountry are really cool, but it's all kind of weird too. The concept is cool since it's an experimental twist on jazz. The music is so fluid throughout. I can't knock this music for being bad even though I'll probably never listen to it in the future. The second half is what saves this album for me. The beats are just great and the bass goes so well with the drums and mixing.

My rating: 7.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

K I'll check out one his movies or some episodes of that show. Also I'll review that album.
    Yeah Rasooli I gave out 2 10's but those 2 albums just coincidently were requested in a short span of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    It's tough for Lynch. I'd almost start with Blue Velvet.... It's fucking crazy but yeah. That or Mulholland Drive. Mulholland Drive was my first Lynch film, along with Twin Peaks.
    Agreed. Start with Blue Velvet. My personal favorite is Lost Highway but it isn't a good place to start.

Once you get used to his brand of weird graduate to Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, and Inland Empire.

Then when you just need more Lynch dive into the Twin Peaks series and film.

Last edited by xanman86; 12-18-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

You've got an hour and twenty minutes...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****