Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1595

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

Taylor Swift - Red

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Two requests:

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...

Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks soundtrack
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Taylor Swift - Red
    Why man, just why...
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Foster the People - April 8 @ Pomona

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Why man, just why...
    It's solid, I'm not trolling. (Def girly af tho... lol) Don't do it if it'll end up being torture though.

Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events

It's not his style. He didn't like the Pistol Annies, he's not going to enjoy Red. They've got a ton more edge and a less country-pop sound to them and it was still too saccharine.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

John Fahey & His Orchestra - Old Fashioned Love
    Old Fashioned Love sounds like a dedication to early 20th century music. There's folk music and a catalog of blues feeling stuff too. The opening track In a Persian Market brings in a nice soft duel of guitars. One plays higher notes, while the other plays lower notes, but there's parts where they overlap each other that standout. The song feels like it's never going to end because there's 3 parts where you feel like they could just stop. Jaya Shiva Shankara is another good song, just more showing off. Marilyn is one of the better songs because there's more emotion evoked out of it. Old Fashioned Love brings in the horns and piano. It's the kind of song you'd expect to hear at a saloon in those western movies. Boodle Am Shake introduces some singing. Dry Bones in the Valley is straight up very dry, which makes you feel like you just ran a mile trying to find a town out in some desert valley. The music was good, but never kept my full attention after so many listens.

My rating: 7.5

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
    Every generation seems to have that band/artist who makes a couple brilliant albums but their career is stopped short due to tragic reason. Joy Division experienced less than 2 years of fame while active, but their influence and legacy are huge. Disorder starts off Unknown Pleasure and sets the pace early. The post-punk drum beat and guitar are moving super fast. The wooshing noises in the background are awesome, while the voice of Ian Curtis is great, especially when he raises his voice. The song makes you feel like you're on a train and the song ends when that train is coming to a stop. Day of the Lords is like listening to The Doors entering the early stages of New Wave. Something about the voice, timing of the song, and attitude. The buildup in this song is nice, and you expect something big from the guitar, but it fools you by playing a mellow solo, while the bass is loud as fuck. The intro to Candidate is very sick. The bass once more is just great. The tempo throughout just makes it one suspenseful song. Insight is one of my favorite tracks, it honestly sounds like the guitar is what inspired Soundgarden to make heavy tracks like Jesus Christ Pose. When all those lazers noises go off I feel like I'm a hundred years into the future.. New Dawn Fades goes in quite nicely into She's Lost Control. The baritone vocals have more attitude than ever and the lines in She's Lost Control are pretty catchy. The deep bass to begin Shadowplay and the drums cymbals build up so much excitement. Then the guitar rhythm comes in and the iconic Shadowplay is on its way. For as dark as this song sounds the rhythm of every instrument can just make you dance. Some of the best lines to singalong to and sweet chorus. Interzone is where Joy Division just goes absolutely ballistic, so much anger in the voice of Curtis. I Remember Nothing ends this album on a dark note. Unknown Pleasures is up there as one of the best records made.

My rating: 10

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Taylor Swift - Red
    You would ask for that wouldn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

Marina and the Diamonds- The Family Jewels
    Upcoming Concerts:
    16/1- Jagwar Ma @ The Hi-Fi, Melbourne, VIC
    21/1- Toro y Moi w/ Portugal. The Man @ The Hi-Fi, Melbourne, VIC
    22/1- Arcade Fire @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, VIC
    23/1- Grouplove + CSS @ The Hi-Fi, Melbourne, VIC
    18/4-20/4- Coachella Weekend 2

Danny Brown - XXX
    Foals - Antidotes
    Mark Farina - Mushroom Jazz 3

Attack The Block - Soundtrack
    Don't fuck with aliens. Especially a female that's being hunted down by a bunch of horny monsters. The opening track known as The Block is a pretty sick electronic song with cool drops and background mixing to make it sound thug, but suspenseful. Round Two Bruv sounds like futuristic alley music electronic stuff. It's kind of creepy, but the song is constructed so nicely. It sounds like a computer orgasm. Moses Is Arrested sounds like a chase scene from Minority Report. Everything is so fast, until the slow breakdown and buildup. Tell Me I'm Dreaming nice. They Want Moses pretty cool suspenseful. Turn The Gas Up kinda touching and emotional, but good. Sound Da Police is a cool rap song that is the total outcast on this record. There were a whole bunch of tracks on this album that just fit together nicely. You don't even have to watch the film to feel the suspense and chills this music brings. The production really brings out futuristic elements that you hear in a lot of EDM today.

My rating: 8

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

klein, have you done tre yet?
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven
    June 29 - Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

I can do that today

Nice job with the Joy Division review.

Here's one for Christmas...

Christmas in the Stars: Star Wars Christmas Album
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Green Day - ˇTré!
    First there was the power pop punk ˇUno! that brought a new wave of energy. Then there was ˇDos! which was almost as good and brought the garage old school and side project style of Green Day. Finally we cap off with ˇTré! Horns and an epic feel to start off Brutal Love. It builds into something with energy but nothing that special. Missing You has an energetic vibe to it. Sweet bass and chorus in this track. Pretty fun overall. Drama Queen has an old school feel to it. This song might sound a lot better if I was in thr 5th grade. The guitar is just weak and the writing that went into this track is uninspirational. Sex, Drugs, and Violence brought some energy and was pretty fun, well besides the intro we've already heard 5 times. Dirty Rotten Bastards is a pretty silly song. It reminds me of Jesus of Suburbia. There's so many dynamics within this song, and one of the better tracks. A guitar solo thrown in there. One of the most satirical Green Day songs I've heard . 99 Revolutions is just bland. The Forgotten was in Twilight. Something about that song makes me feel kind of depressed too. All I have to say is if you like 21st Century Breakdown, then here's your b-sides. It's safe to say this is the worst album released by Green Day post-Dookie if not overall, plus I've never heard them put out so many uninspiring songs.

My rating: 5.75

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
    Every generation seems to have that band/artist who makes a couple brilliant albums but their career is stopped short due to tragic reason. Joy Division experienced less than 2 years of fame while active, but their influence and legacy are huge. Disorder starts off Unknown Pleasure and sets the pace early. The post-punk drum beat and guitar are moving super fast. The wooshing noises in the background are awesome, while the voice of Ian Curtis is great, especially when he raises his voice. The song makes you feel like you're on a train and the song ends when that train is coming to a stop. Day of the Lords is like listening to The Doors entering the early stages of New Wave. Something about the voice, timing of the song, and attitude. The buildup in this song is nice, and you expect something big from the guitar, but it fools you by playing a mellow solo, while the bass is loud as fuck. The intro to Candidate is very sick. The bass once more is just great. The tempo throughout just makes it one suspenseful song. Insight is one of my favorite tracks, it honestly sounds like the guitar is what inspired Soundgarden to make heavy tracks like Jesus Christ Pose. When all those lazers noises go off I feel like I'm a hundred years into the future.. New Dawn Fades goes in quite nicely into She's Lost Control. The baritone vocals have more attitude than ever and the lines in She's Lost Control are pretty catchy. The deep bass to begin Shadowplay and the drums cymbals build up so much excitement. Then the guitar rhythm comes in and the iconic Shadowplay is on its way. For as dark as this song sounds the rhythm of every instrument can just make you dance. Some of the best lines to singalong to and sweet chorus. Interzone is where Joy Division just goes absolutely ballistic, so much anger in the voice of Curtis. I Remember Nothing ends this album on a dark note. Unknown Pleasures is up there as one of the best records made.

My rating: 10
    I'm having a supremely hard time reconciling this review and rating with everything else I've learned about theKlein in the last year or so on this board.

P.S. - thank you theKlein for reminding me how fucking awesome that 3 song stretch of New Dawn Fades, She's Lost Control, and Shadowplay is. And goddamn, Ian Curtis. It makes me sad just to know that someone could write these lyrics . . . and mean every word:

The strain's too much, can't take much more.
    Oh, I've walked on water, run through fire,
    Can't seem to feel it anymore.
    It was me, waiting for me,
    Hoping for something more,
    Me, seeing me this time, hoping for something else.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)

Dexter Gordon - Our Man In Paris
    Dexter Gordon with the help of Bud Powell and Kenny Clarke put together one great jazz record. In this album he plays American and European classics adding his spin on it. Scrapple from the Apple is just one wild saxophone tune. Like Someone in Love on the other hand is more mellow with a laid back bass and piano to drive the song. Throughout the album the drummer remains pretty mellow but setting the tempo. Stairway to the Stars
    is one of those nice jazz tunes to just sit back and enjoy, while Broadway makes me want to venture out on the streets late at night and explore abandoned alley ways. The music was pretty enjoyable.

A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector
    Apparently this album goes down as one of the greatest of all time, not just talking about Christmas albums here. Maybe it's because this came out in the 1960s so it had a greater impact back then I will never be able to understand because to me these are just another version of Christmas tunes. My favorite artist on this album without a doubt was Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans. They really rock on The Bells of St. Mary's. The magic comes from the backup vocals and the lead vocals from Bob B. Soxx. The bell noises make it feel like it's a Christmas with snow everywhere. The Ronettes version of Sleigh Ride is another song that stood out to me. Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans do it once more on Here Comes Santa Clause. The song just rocks and I love the main verse of it. Frosty the Snowman is a cheerful and happy song. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause goes down as one of the best songs on this album. Something about that song is so provocative. An affair between a mom and Santa would just go down in the history books as so disturbing but intriguing. The Phil Spector thank you speech on Silent Night should have indicated he's a killer right there. Though I can't really see myself putting this album up there as one of the best, it's still a fun holiday record, and now I feel the holiday spirit some more.

Uno's pretty monotonous and Dos has that terrible rap song. Tre doesn't have any major blunders, is varied in style and sounds the most age-appropriate out of the trilogy.

Age-appropriate doesn't take away from the fact that the album is mediocre. I'll take all uno songs before a single tre song because it fits way better in what I like

This has gotten tiresome. How about we switch up the format? Instead of you listening to records and reviewing them, we start suggesting records that you physically buy. And then eat.

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Upcoming shows
    Events

Eating records doesn't sound all that fun. I felt like this thread is on a tear right now. once the poster drops things will get very fun. Personally I'd rather just fuck bitches, get money

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Personally I'd rather just fuck bitches, get money
    Please review your first vaginal penetration

Well for starters she had some change in her pockets that got left in my bed, so there you fuck bitches and get money

Well for starters she had some change in her pockets that got left in my bed, so there you fuck bitches and get money
    Sounds like a future IceyHot

I don't get it?

Luke - Christmas at Luke's Sex Shop
    Ho Ho Hoes comes out firing. The beat is alright, but they rap so fast and the lyrics are kind of funny, I think at one point one of them says, "We're only giving out Christmas dick." In this short album they expose Jesus for being black in the song Jesus is Black. The turntables in Christmas Spliff are pretty sick. Something about this song gets me pretty pumped and into the holiday spirit. 2 Live Christmas is a struggle between Christmas and sexual urges. Christmas F-cking' Day has got the turntables and the beat to make this song feel pretty street life. This chick is rapping about all kinds of stuff, she speaks so fast I'm not sure what she wants but maybe she wants to get laid too. This album is pretty silly.

My rating: 6.75

I would like to request a review: MaybeSheWill- I Was Here For a Moment, Then I Was Gone
    Originally Posted by Lotus
    What is lulz?? Lol!

Digitalism - DJ-Kicks
    Warren G - G Funk Era