Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1597

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

The Presets - Apocalypso
    So what happens when you mix karaoke and electronic music? Well you get the send album by the Presets of course. Kicking and Screaming is almost as cheesy as the movie. The singing is horrible, and the electronic pulse is alright. My People is even cornier, but at least it's something I can dance to. I never grow much happier with this album. Little things like Talk Like That irritate me. I can't tell if my computer is stuttering or this is the real deal. At least Anywhere is a good song. It's more adult like and not appealing to the middle schoolers of edm. I think the singing just really killed the experience for me

My rating: 5

Enya - Watermark
    Enya is a New Age artist, so her work heavily reflects a lot of relaxing and very peaceful singing and tempo. I'm not sure I've reviewed a New Age female artist so let me express some brief thoughts. If I had to guess where My Heart Will Go On came from then I'd have to guess Exile. They sound like the same thing to me. Get some 80s actors put them on a ship, play Exile, and boom it works. Storms in Africa takes me on a sea expedition. I feel the waves rocking against the ship and a storm is approaching. The way this song is going I probably want to drown. The guitar parts remind me of U2 kind of. Orinoco Flow has some cool harmonization effects. Song sounds familiar to me. I feel like I'm entering a large concert hall or a grocery store... not entirely sure which feeling I get. The piano creates nice flow. Definitely a bright spot and it's pretty happy sounding. That was a pleasure, now forgive me as I never put that on again

My rating: 6

Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Titus Andronicus - Local Business
    The third studio album by Titus Andronicus embodies passion and a lot of enthusiasm. Ecce Homo comes out with a lot of fire. That New Jersey guitar riff and style of singing are heard right away. It's a good album starter because it really warms me up and the passion really kicks. There's a good guitar solo and then we move on. tracks 1 and 3. I love the song Food Fight! because it's just them yelling "food fight" and killing the electric guitar. The food theme continues with a great track My Eating Disorder. So far these songs are putting me in a great mood, and it's hard to be sad with such happy songs. The guitar playing continues to be excellent. I feel like it's a great night out in town. Titus Andronicus vs. The Absurd Universe (3rd Round KO) is about the lead singer going insane. It's a fun song. Tried to Quit Smoking is the perfect outro song. Such a pleasant setting and the tale of the song is pretty sad. They do a great job at keeping it real and remind us about the pain some of the little things can cause.

My rating: 7.5

I enjoyed that more than the Pitchfork review.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

you should just start theklein25.com and become king of music blogs

haha

Rocky Horror Picture Show - The Soundtrack
    The music somehow isn't as strange as the movie itself, but compared to most things this soundtrack is a bizarre creation. I could just review the movie that would be me ranting on how I thought the plot was terrible and angering an entire cult. The opening song Science Fiction/Double Feature is nothing but glam rock for sure. It sounds nothing short of an intro song. It gives me the feeling of walking into a world of daisies and flowers. Not a bad song. Dammit Janet has that cool intro with the violins or whatever that is. The song is super catchy. I'm not sure how they did it, must have been the tempo. Saying dammit has never sounded so catchy. Every musical has that song. You where it just sounds rehearsed to death, and it's written in a way purposely so that everyone will remember it. That would be Time Warp. It just sounds like a lot of people dancing around, and being so happy that they get their 10 seconds of fame singing a solo. Sweet Transvestite is just too much information. It's impossible to analyze the song in terms of it's purpose. There's some bass I noticed and it tries to sound like a badass song. Hot Patootie – Bless My Soul is the Meat Loaf song. He's actually pretty calm sounding unlike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBauLAxlEns this moment. The saxophone solo is cool. Someone sounds really horny in Rose Tint My World. Everybody has sex with everybody. Shit goes down, people die, and people go back to space. One of the stranger plays out there.

My rating: 8

"Over at the Frankenstein Place" is prob my favorite song. I love that soundtrack

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

The bassline in Science Fiction / Double Feature.... >

How about a review of Blind Melon - Nico?
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

Can you review?

King Crimson- Lizard

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    "Over at the Frankenstein Place" is prob my favorite song. I love that soundtrack
    My favorite is FrankNFurter's I'm Going Home. "Cards for sorrow.. cards for pain"...but I adore the whole soundtrack.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Sleepy Hollow - The Soundtrack
    One thing is for sure. This sounds like a Danny Elfman piece. You can hear a lot of his trademarks heard within this musical score. The Introduction is pretty intense. There's a lot of going back and forth between two sides. Must have been a very dramatic/adventurous film. The Tree of Death sounds like someone got shot and fell into the water. The Windmill sounds like the climax of the film and the villain reigning terror among the protagonist. I've never seen this movie but there sure sounds like a lot of suspense. The Final Confrontation sounds like there's a chase scene going. The composition of this album is pretty marvelous with the sound going from high to low. The horns, the chanting, the violins all make quite a creepy but beautiful album.

My rating: 7.5

Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
    So kind of like Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar plays Coachella and then comes out with a sick album. The opening track is some pretty powerful stuff as to what I imagine is a flashback of him being a baby. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter is pretty dark, but there's some much going down. Pretty impressive song. The rhythm of Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe is amazing. The drum beats are sick and cool studio effects. Swimming Pools (Drank) is another song with spectacular beat. The song sounds so thug with all the "drank" said after every action. Backseat Freestyle has hilarious lyrics because not many people wish their dick was as big as the eiffel tower, so that they could fuck the world. m.A.A.d city is another example of just great production effects. This album definitely sounds like something Kendrick Lamar has been waiting for his whole life, as the lyrics and all the music to go all along with the rapping seem to indicate that. It feels like a very intimate experience, and Lamar showing how the negative influences found in Compton didn't
    derail his goals or make him a trouble maker. Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst is one beautiful song. Rap album of the year?

My rating: 9.25

Moby - Play
    Not only was Play Moby's biggest success, but it turned him into a rock/electronic star. The reason being that this album was more complete than works past, and the success of his singles. Honey is just full of groove and swag, and a good beat. The energy given off from the singers creates the buildup. Porcelain hands down is the most beautiful song on the album. It's so ambient and incredibly comforting. Moby keeps his tone fairly mellow, so that the piano and samples do their thing. Around the 2:15 mark it sounds like an angel is spreading her wings. I'd call this a perfect song. After a touching Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? the next big track South Side makes a name for itself. The vibe of the song is so mysterious because it has no emotion to it. Yet Moby and Gwen Stefani's vocals complement each other so well. The guitar is shredding as well, and the same lines over and over never get old for me. Rushing sets up the energetic Bodyrock up so well. Really all I want to do is jump up and down to Bodyrock. The beat is so fun, and the tempo is so nice. Machete embraces the EDM side of things. Moby manages to put together a space roller coaster ride with this song. Everloving begins with some mellow acoustic guitar. It transitions into such a peaceful work of art. It's the kind of song REM sleep should go along with. For me Moby has combined the alternative rock and electronic worlds into one fun and very pleasing to the ear. Play has to go down as one of the best electronic albums from the 1990s

My rating: 8.5

glad you enjoyed my recs!!! really loving both of those albums

Everything is Wrong > Play

Good review.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    Everything is Wrong > Play
    Everything is Wrong is not only the only Moby album I give a shit about, but probably one of my favorite dance records ever. So good.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I have a very new respect for you theklein25. This thread is A+. Maybe 2 or 3 disagreements but other than that mostly spot on. Kudos.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Access to Arasaka - void();
    It's dark. It's robotic. The album takes you into cyberspace and fucking expands your mind. *strtok() starts off pretty computer tech sounding, but towards the end a sick beat is dropped. kill_recorder=$c1 is super fast and my mind can't wrap around how amazing this song is. I feel like I'm thousands of years ahead into the future in a world ran by A.I. These songs are putting me in the matrix or something. The composer for Access to Arasaka is just pulling out all kinds of sound effects and going all out. About mid way through the album really starts to slow down. It's like we're on the freeway or something. Clearly heading somewhere but experiencing on and off excitement. syslog_ident is the exit. Song is pretty freaky. Sounds like ocean waves of liquid metal. This music really reminds me of Aphex Twin with the creepiness and little bass beats. inc(tumbler) has a lot of those little beats. Also feels like half my face is being chewed off when I listen to this. This album takes you far out of your comfort zone for sure, and with all the studio effects. This makes for one wild electronic album.

Would like to see you review Tool's Lateralus and ∆nima

Rod - Stewart - Every Picture Tells A Story
    Rod Stewart's 3rd studio album opens with a bang. Every Picture Tells a Story sounds such like an opening song. The drums are pounding hard and the guitar rhythm portrays rock n roll well. That's All Right embraces a lot of folk, but Stewart continues to sing with energy and keep the rock going. Sounds like a good song to play at a prom in the 1970s. The Bob Dylan cover of Tomorrow Is a Long Time is pretty good. I like all the guitar parts a lot. The atmosphere makes it feel like a sunset out by the lake. Maggie May is probably the best song on the album, not only because of the story within it but how great the keyboard, guitar and drums are. Who wouldn't want to hear a story about a boy messing around with an older woman. This just sounds like the ultimate rock song with the 1-2 drum tempo, and how chill the song is throughout. Stewart makes the listening feel very friendly and inviting as you kind of feel there during the whole album.

My rating: 9

"As for Lauryn Hill, I'm just not into R & B." THEY will never let you forget you said that ..... Interesting reviews BTW. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I have a very new respect for you theklein25. This thread is A+. Maybe 2 or 3 disagreements but other than that mostly spot on. Kudos.
    Never thought I'd see these words. thank you very much.

this thread feels more alive than ever. time to find an intern

I'm glad you enjoyed the soundtracks and that you will still listen to selections such as Milli Vanilli or Wesley Wills with an open ear. Sure, I may not agree with everything you say, but at least it doesn't feel like you're catering to any specific audience. Keep it up and you may finally get over Blink 182.

Puff Daddy - No Way Out
    Boards of Canada - Geogaddi

The Alarm - Declaration
    Declaration is more than just the debut album for the alarm, but I would call it an attempt at reviving old school punk. The opening song Marching On is super energetic. The rhythm is fun and I like the backup vocalist yelling "marching on." The song does a good job at inspiring me. Where Were You Hiding When the Storm Broke? makes me happy with the passion in all the vocalist's voices. That super high harmonica riff really brings a friendly vibe to the song. 68 Guns does kind of sound like guns are going off. There's also just a tremendous amount of horns and percussion that make this a highly notable track. I love Mike Peter's voice a lot in this song. He really sounds on target and this just sounds like a Clash song to me. Blaze of Glory is another enlightening song. You just feel like you're marching into town as a war hero and you just want to wave to everyone. It sounds like they put their best effort into making this album, and I respect this album.

Might I suggest Here We Go Magics' A Different Ship
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

VigoTheCarpathian

Nice Klein! I like those albums too and had a feeling you'd enjoy them as well.

I asked you to review Bedtime For Democracy by The Dead Kennedy's but Holiday In Cambodia is a better album. If it isnt too late i'd like to switch my request to Holiday In Cambodia.