sure

VigoTheCarpathian

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

VigoTheCarpathian

I know you're a busy man Klein: review what you like

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Source Tags & Codes
    This was quite the discovery for me because I've never listened to them. From the very start with It Was There That I Saw You until the finish with Source Tags & Codes it was straight post-hardcore in your face all out good rock. The opening track begins with some super energetic riffs that transitions to an excellent guitar ballad where everything is so flawless and all the other instruments making it feel like it's raining magic. Homage opens with a glorious sound and makes me feel like I'm stepping onto the battlefield. The guitar playing is outstanding and the drumming is pretty creative by manipulating the symbols in a way to make it feel like paint is splashing everywhere. On top of that the transitions are so smooth I didn't even notice the song change. Heart in the Hand of the Matter is possibly my favorite track. The guitar playing is amazing and the vocals by Conrad Keely sound no better. I really like the chill singing that can change into passionate words with the flawless instruments that are doing so much work. Days of Being Wild is that total in your face song, and you better hold on like it's a mechanical bull because as soon as you let go you'll go flying. Really they sound like they put in a lot of hard work together as a band, and 90% of these tracks really have something to offer. This album makes me feel like going outside and just do whatever the heck I want.

My rating: 9.25

Glad you liked that! Love that band, one of my favs. I'm gonna add another album of theirs that a lot of people hate but I think it's just as good.

Trail of Dead - Worlds Apart

Little Dragon - Little Dragon
    Throughout Little Dragon's self titled debut album I felt like I was in a club standing off to the side not wanting to dance because the music was too unfamiliar to me. The music remains relatively calm throughout with Yukimi Nagano's soft voice and chill piano playing. No Love had all the makings of sounding like a love song with that blues guitar riff and emergence of the saxophone. Constant Surprises has the cool drum beat and awesome sounds in the background that kind of sneak in there. The problem is when Nagano opens her voice I lose interest in what she says. Her lyrics are so boring. Place to Belong is one of the best songs because it is a little less relaxed and more synth heavy. Gives me a few chills, but not that many. There's a robot breakdance midway through this album, with the some string sounding instrument going out of control. This isn't the only Little Dragon I've heard, and I still cannot manage to get into them.

My rating: 6.5

D'Angelo - Voodoo
    I think D'Angelo has mastered the art of seduction. I only say that because these tunes have so much soul and are very detailed. Devil's Pie has so much going on between the vocal harmonization, the turntables, the keyboard effects, the finger snapping, and much more. Left & Right is a super-powerful force with that guitar rhythm, and the drums that serve as the foundation for the rappers to do their thing. Then D'Angelo steps in and just takes over. It's a fun song to listen to. Send it On sounds like the kind of song a lot of R & B singers wish they could write but have no idea how. D'Angelo figured it out with the smooth guitar playing, and using multiple singers. I swear John Mayer may have ripped of this s'ong. I knew D'Angelo was good but I didn't think he'd blow me away like he did. Amazing how the guitar playing can really make a difference. All tracks served each other well. He definitely gets off to the right start as the new millennium begins

My rating: 9

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    I knew D'Angelo was good but I didn't think he'd blow me like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Glad you liked that! Love that band, one of my favs. I'm gonna add another album of theirs that a lot of people hate but I think it's just as good.

Trail of Dead - Worlds Apart
    Who in their right mind thinks this? They lost everyone I know with that album
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I dunno, I love it. lol

lol opinions

Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

The Halo Benders - The Rebels Not In

If you're looking for a good rock band that very few will ever know about then this project might be for you. Virginia Reel Around the Fountain opens with a super cool guitar riff. I like how we got the baratone guy and the higher voice guy. Them singing simultaneously is something I really haven't heard before, but they made it work. The lyrics are one of the factors that made this a great song. That drum and bass intro caused me to instantly sense that this is a 90's alternative rock, and yup I was right 1998. Devil City Destiny spooked me out a little and felt like walking in downtown late at night. Bury Me is a fun song. It had some cool bell sounds, and the guitar was shredding. Sounded like a Christmas rock song. Do That Thing and Turn It My Way had repetitive lyrics yet they were pretty fun to listen to. The last 2 songs get back to being serious as The Halo Benders put on a better showcase of their instrument playing ability. Doug Martsch's vocals and the lead guitar are the 2 big highlights.

My rating: 7.5
    Last edited by theklein25; 10-31-2012 at 06:30 PM.

I didn't know that Steve Fisk played keys for the Halo Benders. Time to give them a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Glad you liked it! Some people get put off by Calvin's deep voice and would rather hear Doug's. I think it works perfectly as well though. What did you think of Your Asterisk? Possibly my favorite song off that album.
    Last edited by FEELS; 10-31-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Henry's Dress - Bust 'em Green
    Boyracer - Happenstance
    Jonathan Richman - I, Jonathan

The Field is not a group but actually one guy who makes pretty cool electronic music. It's Up There is one big rave song that gets your heart pumping and you can feel the bass drop. Burned Out is what I like to call the rain forest song. Not your typical forest but a place with purple neon trees, raining orange drops, and though the sun is down, there are neon lights everywhere. Arpeggiated Love is a rhythm I really dig. I can't believe I'm entertained throughout the whole 11 min track. Whether I'm suppose to believe this is a love song or not doesn't matter because this song traps me inside a giant glass heart as I'm just listening to the music. The production in this album is swell and though it's not the flashiest, it gets the job done through consistency and cool sound effects.

My rating: 8

Radiohead - Pablo Honey
    The debut album isn't exactly the most innovative or creative thing to emerge in 1993, but that's not to say you should avoid this album. You is a very cool rock song. The flow of the guitar is nice. The drums time the song well. There’s some early experimental rock in here. It serves well as the opening track. What's about to happen though is an early sign that this band is highly talented. Creep offers so much to rock fans. The track is incredibly dark. I love about every single word in that song. The drums are perfect, and the heavy guitar riffs are magical. I could listen to that song for days. How Do You? serves as a great following track, especially with that gnarly outro. Thinking About You is the most generic love song. Way too simple, but rookie mistake. Vegetable is something I'd want to hear live. I love that song. Finally Blowout has a good feeling to it. The guitar is super relxing. Very chill song. 2nd half is very wild. The first album isn't a masterpiece, but hey it's not terrible.

My rating: 6.5

Radiohead - The Bends
    One album certainly changes things. Planet Telex is a very good opening song. I like the lyrics. I feel like I’m in the clouds with that experimental wavy guitar. Such a calming song, and it's brilliant. The Bends is a good title track, so flowy, lots of energy, good instrument. Yorke's chorus lines are beautiful, I love singing along to it. High and Dry and Fake Plastic Trees too great ballads that are back to back. We get to really hear Thom Yorke's ability to sing. Such good songs to relax to. Bones is pretty opposite. It possesses so much energy. Greenwood is wailing away. The best song comes out of nowhere. There's no real set up for it real. Just has such smooth guitar rhythms to it. The mix of acoustic sound and electric gel so well together. The vocals match well the instruments, so well. Great solo thrown in there too. Song has a great 90s vibe, and I honestly just feel like I'm in a dark room. My Iron Lung is a nice followup. Great bass to it, and the song really changes up in the 2nd half. Street Spirit (Fade Out) has such an intense guitar intro. There's a reason fans love to hear it live. Unlike the first album there is so much diversity within these songs. The guitar and singing is far superior. All the songs are 8s, 9s, and 10s. Not a bad song on this album.

My rating: 9

Radiohead - OK Computer
    The sophomore album was already such a huge step up from their debut album, but believe it or not Radiohead gets even more noticeably better by maxing out and reaching perfection with the third album. Airbag has such a heavy intro. The song is incredibly experiemental and sounds unlike anything they’ve done before. There are so many spacey and wild sound effects. And yes an airbag has saved my too. We then witness one of the greatest song transitions in music history to Paranoid Android after a few beeps. The guitar is so exciting. There's great singing. A robotic voice is in the background and I've never been so lost and excited at the same time. Out of nowhere the song changes directions, and Thom Yorke starts screaming. Guitar gets really fast and heavy. The song gets really slow, and everyone can get their lighters out. Then the outro just tears my guts out. Let Down is a personal favorite of mine. The guitar is so beautiful and I feel like nothing can hurt me even if the lyrics are totally the opposite. Nothing beats Karma Police. The piano intro is so lovely. Then the heart of the song begins, and everything is so relaxed. Best assembly of lyrics done. The song is one of the stories of my life. The last minute and a half feel like the world is about to end. That fade outro is something I just look forward to because it's so unique. OK Computer represents the crossover between alternative rock band going to total experimental. No Surprises is another favorite of mine just because it's very beautiful. It's kind of a death song and birth song to me. With every death comes a new life. A lot of people like Lucky, but it's never been a total favorite of mine. It makes me feel like I'm drowning. Can't name a weak song on this album, nor can I point out anything bad about a song, or song placement. Flow is outstanding.

My rating: 10

Radiohead - Kid A
    Radiohead is not slowing down. Everything In It’s Right Place is the strangest Radiohead song relevant to that time. You almost wonder who killed the band members because this track is far different. There's no guitar at all. I feel like I'm a robot running low on batteries slowly shutting down. Yet this track gets me by how different it is, and hungers me for more. Kid A is just super freaky to me. Not much else to stay. I'm in a paradox with strange little furry creatures enough said. The National Anthem arguably has the best bass introduction of all time at this stage in Radiohead's career. The lyrics are very good too. I sort of feel like I'm in a haunted house. The second half is utter case, yet a masterpiece with all the brass instruments. After a couple lovely songs we reach Optimistic and though it's not truly a single I consider it in the top 3 from Kid A. "You can try the best you can" is so motivating and goes in line with the song title so well. There's so many neat sounds, yet the guitar from Greenwood is standing out. Another song another amazing outro, and we get the second best song transition from Radiohead ever to In Limbo. I feel like I'm in the pouring rain during this song. Drops everywhere just falling on me. Nowhere to go and just facing the situation. Idioteque goes above and beyond. So many things feel like they're glowing. The drums are so overpowering. It gets me dancing. Always a fun song to put on. Motion Picture Soundtrack is just a great outro. This isn't the same band we heard from The Bends, but it's the year 2000 and Radiohead has rapidly evolved

My rating: 9.75

Radiohead - Amnesiac
    The opening song brings the listener to Asia in a kung-fu fighting scene. Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box is wild. Not because it's a rock anthem, but the sound effects are so entrancing. The song turns me into a machine that's now operating in a repetitive motion. Pyramid Song is a little more familiar. Such a sad sounding song. I honestly feel like I'm at a death scene. Thom Yorke is going to make me cry. The piano just creates this sensation. You and Whose Army? has such a great intro. It has that low quality 1930s feel to it. The song goes out with a bang. There's a Kid A part 2 in here, but it's just way worse. Yes I'm speaking of Pulk/Pull Revolving Door. I Might Be Wrong is great, but nothing compared to Knives Out, my favorite Amnesiac song. From the guitar riff to Yorke's singing. I love the rhythm and just feel the groove. The song has me spinning in a circle. Like Spinning Plates holds a lot of cool sound effects and is very neat. I like this album because I feel like I'm inside a giant engineering room. Also I think of the Cold War era for some reason.

My rating: 8.5

Here's a couple from a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Cat Power - The Covers Record
    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    I will do you one better:

Golden Throats: The Great Celebrity Sing-Off
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
    My biggest complaint is that this album has too many parenthesis. 2 + 2 = 5 (The Lukewarm.) goes back to some of Radiohead's older roots, yet the song can't really be compared to what they've done in the past. A very poweful song, with unbelievable guitar and energy. Backdrifts. (Honeymoon is Over.) is us inside a space shuttle getting ready for takeoff. The singing is pretty awful though. Worst song since Pablo Honey era. The Gloaming. (Softly Open Our Mouths in the Cold.) is a tribal dance song. I like how unique and mysterious it is. Alright let's move onto the best song. There There. Even if you don't like this album, There There is never going to be forgotten. I don't expect this to become what it is based off the intro. I thought it'd be a very drum and synth heavy track. Johnny Greenwood proves me wrong by delivering arguably his greatest guitar ballad of all time. The lyrics are so fluid too. The song really traps me in and I'm in love. Myxomatosis. (Judge, Jury & Executioner.) is super heavy. I can't tell if that's guitar or what. Well I really know, but you get the point. It's like getting struck by hail, and receiving bruises everywhere. This album fails to make the 8 range because sadly there are just some boring songs, and the album may have been just too long. This is a mistake that I believe they go on to fix. Things are just very purple in this album.

My rating: 7.5

Radiohead - In Rainbows
    What I consider to be the low point in Radiohead's career could get worse or better. This album proves to be an 80 mph turn in the right direction. 15 Step a.k.a. the song where you can just clap your hands to is a masterpiece and great opener. You can totally dance to this song, but you also are in a mysterious environment. Everything just feels sweaty to me. Thom Yorke loses it in Bodysnatchers, which is quite a memorable moment for me. The song moves so fast it's like being in a Nascar race. Nude sounds like it's being performed under water. The bass is just bumping. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi has the best drum intro. Then the guitar could not be more soothing. Everything is so blue, I still feel like I'm in the ocean. Surrounded by fishes lit up. All I Need is dark but so sexy. Honestly I'd have sex to that song. Reckoner is so lovely. I always enjoy the part where the drumming stops, and we just hear the piano and stringed instruments. House of Cards has my favorite line ever from them. "I don't wanna be your friend. I just wanna be your lover. The song may drag on a little too long, but it's still beautiful. I play it all the time when I'm sad. Jigsaw Falling Into Place is incredible. The rhythm takes over. Things just accelerate so fast. Soon I'm on the floor spazzing out. I can picture Yorke doing his dance. So much great production in this album. Vocals are used as a strength rather than a weakness like in Hail to the Thief. In Rainbows brings back the guitar. Things are not as experimental anymore, and through the power of rhythm and energy Radiohead is back.

My rating: 9.5

Radiohead - The King of Limbs
    You have now entered the Twilight Zone. Well that's the feeling I get. Bloom is one strange song. I like it a lot better live. Morning Mr. Magpie has a very catchy rhythm. The drummers are hard at work. Little By Little sounds like a cowboy, western, Alamo song to me with the introduction. The main rhythm really is catchy. The guitar is so gentle, and Yorke sings with a soft spoken voice as well. Feral is the new Idioteque, it just lacks the wild drums. Lotus Flower has such heavy bass. Not the most exciting song, but the sound effects have me looking back in forth. They trapped me inside a box or something. I really wanna move, but the song is steady enough to keep me frozen in awe. I may be the only person on the board to say this, but Give Up the Ghost is incredibly boring. I yawn way too much when I hear it. Not encore material in my book. Seperator gets me with the drum beat. I also feel like I'm a little kid because this sounds more like a lullaby. Such a chill song, it could put me to asleep if I wanted. This is also my favorite song. What I must say about King of Limbs is that it's not exactly there most creative album. Hail to the Thief has some masterpieces. I really can't name one on this record. They focus too much on flow and not enough on putting out some standout songs on this record. Also wtf. Staircase is the best song from this recording process and was either too late or didn't make the cut.

My rating: 7.25

Ahh, so you're a

OK Computer
    Kid A
    In Rainbows
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    Hail To The Thief
    The King of Limbs
    Pablo Honey

kind of guy.

The Panics - Cruel Guards
    Henry Wagons - Expecting Company ?
    The Mark Of Cain - Songs Of The Third & Fifth

Yes, a review of the Golden Throats record is still a must... that review is going to be awesome.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.