Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 48495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1597

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

Presenting my top 10 choices for frozen pizza.

I actually burst out laughing when I read #26

I could bash the shit out of this all day but instead I'll just say way to go in doing something I that I probably never could/would. How long did it take you to make this?

Pet Shop Boys - Please
    For their fans and any of mine.

Arguably the most successful duo of all time, The Pet Shop Boys entered the scene with their now celebrated classic Please. Two Divided By Zero begins like a Michael Jackson song, fun and off the walls. However, something about this beat is just fresh and different, and shortly thanks to it's outstanding production and synths this sound becomes synonymous with The Pet Shop Boys. This song sounds like it was recorded at NASA and finds a way to make math sound fun. Hearing "divided by, divided by," in that computerized voice is just cool. The chorus is funky, sexy, and something to get down too. It leads into the smooth sailing West End Girls which gives you 38 seconds of the smoothest synth lines that make you feel like you're flying above water with your hands on your hips. The bass comes in making a statement with a lot of swag. Finally the full rhythm is form, and gives you this feeling of walking a mall, the town or to just enter a rave, whichever you prefer while dressed as Inspector Gadget. The horns come in floating and take you into ancient Egypt. The engineering to make all those cool sounds makes everything feel so 3D. This is one of those songs you can listen to a million times, and it will still get you every time. Opportunities comes in all light hearted and then transforms into a heavy dance jam with the instruments getting put to work. It's the new nerd song with a flamboyant twist. Love Comes Quickly opens up pretty intense, and then the way Neil Tennant is not how I'd expect. It's very soft like a tissue, but when you listen to the music, it'd be like putting that tissue on a knife. It'll fuck you up regardless. That's how sharp this song is. Suburbia is one of the cheesiest songs on this record. From it's Chariots of Fire piano feel to the the main message of this song which I'm clueless to what that is. Nothing he is singing about makes any sense, and I'm left reminded why I'm glad I missed the 80's. Tonight is Forever is another favorite of mine. It's got a similar bass rhythm that Depeche Mode would use. The song moves out a very fast pace. It breaks out into an explosion of 80's flavor, the good kind. If there was a song to do drugs to then I'd pick this one. It gives a feeling like you're Spiderman. Violence is another corny song that is borderline wedding singer status. It's decent background music, but something that's just not as fun. Every time I'm finished listening to it I feel that I need a drink. I Want a Lover is nothing we haven't already heard from the Pet Shop Boys just some extra loud drama, random effects and horns thrown in there. I like Later Tonight because it sounds like the West End Girls intro mixed with some piano. It's pretty deep. I don't know where Why Don't We Live Together? comes from, it's one of the best songs on this album. It's got some of the best vocals, lyrics, a powerful rhythm and some disco taste to it. Lots of powerful bass and a keyboard melody that makes me love my life. Respect the Pet Shop Boys, a memorable and inspirational debut album.

Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe

The Mother We Share has the chorus of a cell phone commercial and the production to smash the Billboard charts. There's a lot of emotion is felt in this song and the timing throughout is on point. So much electronic elements combined with an indie rock experience leads to one of the best genres. The lines are too good and the song just delivers throughout. We Sink is very heavy electronic song that makes me feel overwhelmed. The chorus is very moving and creates the setting of a lazer tag room. It eventually goes into a heavenly trance making you feel up in the heavens. Gun is formatted in such a dancy rhythm with noticable bass. She sings with clarity so it's easy to pick up on all the words which I enjoy. Tether is a much slower song. The guitar is slowly strung out, there's a drum pedal being stomped on in the background. One of the strongest parts of the song is going from Lauren Mayberry's singing solo into probably the most powerful synth and electronic production breakout on the album. It'll overpower you and make your head feel like it's being ripped apart by lazers and strobe lights shooting out of your skull. Whichever dude is singing on Under the Tide does a great job. I really like this song because it's a very fresh spin with a fast paced happy mood. Recover might be my favorite song on this album because of Mayberry's voice. She sounds so desperate, but when that chorus kicks in she becomes luminous and untouchable. We're all on the ground saying we're not worthy, while she's up on that stage making us feel small. The rhythm causes axons or neurons, whatever you neurologists would call it, go firing off inside my brain. Night Sky is another powerful song with a motorboat of a bass. By the Throat is the second to last track, but it's just another reason why this album is great throughout. The layers of keyboards, bass, and mixing make me feel like I'm superhuman and ready to take over the world. You Caught the Light is so slow, yet feels so meaningful. Unlike the other songs, it strips down to mainly a bass and a much lighter take on all the other instruments that were used. This song makes me feel pretty down and ready to rip my hair out in frustration. This is a great debut album and always a pleasure to listen to.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

I can't wait to hear r2d2 getting a handjob on the polo fields.

Skrillex - Recess

I decided to give Skrillex another shot, since word on the street was this album was different and better than his other stuff. All Is Fair in Love and Brostep (feat. Ragga Twins) begins just the way I would hope the first official Skrillex album would. Shitty and no direction at all. Brostep sounds like the sausagefest version of dubstep. He even throws in some reggae singers in there. It's got the perfect amount of drops for people to do their dubstep dance to. The mixing is pretty intricate, and leaves you on the edge of your seat. Recess (feat. Kill The Noise & Fatman Scoop) begins so happy sounding and with a mixture of chimpmunks and Busta Rhymes sound a likes. All the early drops takes us to a jungle themed party, at some shitty nightclub in Las Vegas. Then Fatman Scoop sings his thing trying to pump up the audience. There's so many confusing and questionable mixings of sounds that I don't even know how to explain this song. Stranger sounds like they took lines I'm Just a Girl by No Doubt and evey bad club song. I'm attempting to get into this song, but end up questioning my life decisions by the end. Try It Out (feat. Alvin Risk) begins like the worst type of hip hop and then turns into that annoying high pitched singing again. Finally the dubby breakouts sounds like the Skrillex I know. It's so upbeat, and sounds like a little dog barking. The bass makes you bob your head. Once you find the rhythm to this song you feel connected to the song, and prepare yourself to dance with an ugly chick. Skrillex throws one more big breakout in there, but realistically nobody actually pays attention to the music itself. Chance the Rapper makes an appearance on the Coast is Clear. It's different in the sense that it revolves around a guitar altered to sound more autotuned. The song is whatever but pretty boring. Doompy Poomp is one of the worst song names ever. It's like he's trying to mimic the sounds of something from the 30s and combine it with ridiculous effects. Fuck That is just a pain in the ass of a song. Fire Away is spacy dubstep and potentially the inspiration of many dubstep artists 10 years from now. Overall I didn't enjoy this album and felt like it was some of the worst music created. Any artist that is willing to feature Passion Pit just fucked up to begin with.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Lol that album is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    I can't wait to hear r2d2 getting a handjob on the polo fields.
    Yes if they play mostly 2nd Law songs their set will b lame
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Please review the new Linkin Park single "Guilty All the Same."

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Yes if they play mostly 2nd Law songs their set will b lame
    We can only hope not. Which weekend are you going?

Not sure what your queue looks like, but please review Piebald - We Are The Only Friends That We Have.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

I'll be at Weekend One. If it's alternative then I'll most likely be there. I'll get to the Linkin Park song eventually, I've listened to it once

Calvin Harris - 18 Months

I decided to listen to a full album by Calvin Harris since he's billed pretty high on the exciting Sunday. Green Valley opens up this album with a spacey intro and then just turns into some bass heavy song with some chick saying "Oh." My response to this song can best be described as an oh ok, Bounce one of my favorite words to say, honestly I think I made up a song just like this when I was 11. The main song gets thrown down with some old school video game music. Things get really weird at one point leading into the main chorus, but the song never pulls me in. I can see how people melting their face off with LSD, Molly, etc. could get down to this song, kind of has that 90's pop feel. Feels so Close kind of starts off like it's gonna be a slow song with a bunch of soul, but when Calvin Harris drops the main beat it's actually really catchy. It would be fun to jump to in a jolly jumper or a swimming pool party. The happiness to this could go to pretty much anything. He times the transitions perfectly, so well done on this song. Even though We Found Love features Rihanna, she seems to be a better singer when she's the featured artist. There is a high buildup that breaks out into a dance beat. Cheesy but catchy lyrics with that rhythm you love to hate but actually love. I imagine this song gets played at a lot of school dances, and most likely there is one chick out there who had her heart broken while this song was playing. Not a fan of Mansion. I have to hate all the splashy effects. It just gives me this feeling of frustration like im stuck on a level/mission in a some computer game. What is with Iron trying to be so heavy. Everything feels so purple and makes me feel like im tripping. This is one of those songs where it sounds like an orgy of robots is going on. I Need Your Love is my favorite. Ellie Goulding sounds so hot in this song. The rhythm is so fun and I can get down to all those drops. Love all the sounds of the piano and synths. This song just has the right attitude to it. Sweet Nothing puts me asleep thanks Florence. Found that to be a boring song. Let's Go is sly and slick. You can't go wrong with Ne-Yo. He seems to have a catchy voice. This is another fun song and a good one to play when you're on the way to the club. Calvin Harris is a pretty good DJ. He has some really good songs and collaborations. Other times he just put some weak tracks on this album that hurt his credibility. Sounds like his set will be a blast either way.

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

Whenever I make my way towards Palm Springs and beyond, this is one album I love to listen to. The radio intro for Clone Radio is the story of my life. The decibytes increase 100 times from the guitar riffs to the screaming Oliveri in You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel like a Millionaire, which is an overpowering guitar rock anthem. Electrifying pauses, guitar riffs, and drum breaks. There's such a smooth transition into No One Knows which is controlled by sexy guitar riffs and a rhythm that makes you feel like a bad ass. For some reason this song makes me feel like I'm in a dream tied to a chair. The chorus is where this song hits height with a crazy loud guitar melody. First It Giveth is such a mystical song with it's heavy guitar riffs. Everytime Homme raises his voice to hit those high notes I feel like the Sandman falling apart. A Song For the Dead is just a battle of Grohl and Homme going back and forth just rocking out. The Sky is Falling really makes it feel like it's the end of the world. Those guitar riffs just rip right through you and that melody just burns my skin apart. Hanging Tree feels like a ghost song. The heaviness of it summons the dead from the ground. Other times it makes me feel like I'm driving the highway at 110 mph. Go With the Flow is the best song with it's insanse guitar work, and the tapping piano. Grohl goes all out on the drums. Josh Homme sounds great and this might be his best song on vocals. Everything just feels so smooth. Each verse transitions perfectly into the other. This song is the epitome of rock. God is the Radio is just another reason Homme is one of the best guitarist. Another Love Song is spicy and very enchanting. It'll take on a spiraling ride through the desert. Song for the Deaf is a creepy stoner rock song. This song makes you feel like you're at the end of the roller coaster. I love how this album has phony DJs throughout making this feel like I real journey on the way towards your destination. This is the record that made Queens of the Stone Age and provides some of the best rock music throughout.

The All-American Rejects - Move Along

It starts with a fun guitar riff and goes into a pop punk anthem. "'ll keep you my dirty little secret." Is that even proper english? Oh well the song is fun, and has a nice flow. I like when Tyson Ritter hits those high notes and they follow it up with that guitar solo. Power chords, a catchy melody, and strong backing vocals is the formula to a good song. It's so exciting thoughout. Move Along is just a great pump up song, or grocery store anthem. Those lyrics give me keep hope and the encouragement I need to get by. The guitar just sounds like a great marching song. As the song progresses, the more I give in to singing along. After all the "Alongs," there's an intense moment where Ritter sings with some children and then bursts out into the most emphatic singing. At one point you fall into a dark place, but then find that inner strength to overcome it. It Ends Tonight has some alright piano. As well as some ok guitar solos. I'll play this from time to time when I think about girls from the past. Those high notes he hits are impressive. It's gotta be pouring rain to set the mood right. Change Your Mind is the most generic song you'll hear on a pop punk album. I like it but it's just something to eat up time. If you ever have listened to Cute is What We Aim For then you'll know what I'm saying. I find 11:11 to be a good song. It's very fast paced, has some good power chords, and a great chorus. This song takes place at a party where the girl you want just announced she's leaving, so this song narrates those last few moments in your head. Dance Inside is a beauty. It's so touching and Ritter shows off his voice. If they hadn't peaked after this album then maybe he'd still be one of the world's most popular frontmen. The last few songs like Top of the World are just ok. Move Along is not a masterpiece by any means but for what they were aiming for was definitely a success. It's hard to compare this to the Rolling Stones, but if you ever just need some catchy music then this album won't let you down.

Last edited by theklein25; 03-23-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Foster the People - Torches

After a few big radio hits, Foster the People make a name for themselves with this debut release. Mark Pontius bangs those drums, there's a record spinning sound and then guitar and synths make the room light up.. The chorus is a bubblegum explosion taking you into a new zone. Throughout this song you feel that this defines the 21st century. The final 30 seconds is where Foster shows off the strength of his voice. Pumped Up Kicks then comes on with another big drum beat, a heavy bass, and a rhythm that makes you move with some studio effects that make the room just open up. Foster has his voice in special effects making it sound so chill. The chorus has changed music forever as it's become the most anti-hipster song in recent years. Everything is just so stripped down that it just works. The whistling just adds to the catchiness and the final chorus just caps off this great song. It's the chillest song out there that makes you wanna dance, surf, play basketball, and have sex. Call It What You Want comes in sizzling with what would become known as the signature Foster the People sound. Foster goes on to kill it on vocals and this becomes a fun one to listen to. Don't Stop (Color on the Walls) was destined to be in commercials. The song is driven by guitar but somehow it gets overshadowed by the millions of production effects. The chorus takes you on a crazy joyride. How they fit all these sounds in there is incredible. Chorus round 2 is even better then the first round, and makes you want to run around naked. Adding the electric guitar towards the end with the acoustic guitar creates a fun chaos with a lot of maniac sounds. Waste is just a solid love song with lyrics that just define my life. Sounds like they borrowed some music from The Beach Boys. I Would Do Anything For You is a great Valentine's Day song. Couples always get romantic to this song when they perform it. The tone of the whole thing is just mellow and conformting. Houdini is too good to be true. The keyboard goes along so perfectly to the drum beat.The synth break outs send chills down my spine. I picture a whole room of zombies getting down to this song. The last minute is just incredible and the music of the future. "Just focus on your ability." Hustling (Life on the Nickel) should be the theme song for some movie about dancing robots. Miss You is so dark, spooky, yet the tempo of it is like a hynosis of dance. Warrant opens like you just arrived into heaven. It starts off pretty good and has the signature piano song. I've never been too big a fan of this song because it cuts back on the fun and sounds more like a thank you song. Still sends a powerful message of staying strong. Foster the People saved rock music from being completely conquered by crappy pop music with their big hit Pumped Up Kicks

The Cult - Sonic Temple

Sonic Temple opens with an explosion. Sun King burns you up with it's crazy guitar rhythms. Such a badass rhythm and powerful vocals by Ian Astbury You get a loud guitar solo, this one sounds like it's taking place on top of someone's coffin. Fire Woman opens up like you'd expect a huge Cult single would. Right off the bat there is so much power from Astbury's voice. That chorus just lights up and makes you feel engulfed by flames. Drunk people yell the words to this song and throw bottles at windows. This is the type of song you hope to hear in the parking lot. Duffy masters this song on the guitar as if he were Slash. Finally you just get that arena feel to this song because of the way this song is strung out. This song probably got them laid a lot. American Horse sounds like one of those bad boy songs. I get the motorcycle vibe of the gang driving down to their favorite tavern to go grab some beers and shoot some pool. I don't even know what's going on in Edie half the time. There's so much different guitar notes, the effects makes this song sort of epic. It feels like it's up in the clouds. Very impressive song with all the guitar solos. Sweet Soul is loud, it's rough, this is another song to show how cool a band they are. It's got some insane guitar playing and takes you into hair metal world. New York City is fast. Crazy song that makes you feel like you're riding the town. Automatic Blues is like Cherry Pie. This song would be great if woman were tearing off their bras. Soldier Blue is so raw and punk. This song has my favorite drum melody. They fucking kill it on all the instruments. Cool vocals and stuff. I picture this being at a battle of the bands with Jack Black. Medicine Train is country western like. You feel like you're waking up hungover at a cowboy town, but then it turns into some heavy 80's rock. Astbury delivers some lines with no instruments going at all, which makes this another awesome song. At this point in the Cult's career they already know what they're doing and demonstrate their skill. The Rick Rubin influence is heard hear.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Can you review the new Rick Ross - Mastermind
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

The 1975- The 1975

The City sounds like you're working in a steel factory. Lots of repetitive guitar riffs and that voice of Matthew Healy is so high. Chocolate has such a fun guitar riff. Healy sings in such a smooth voice. This song makes me feel like a frog hopping lilies. Everything feels like first grade again. Sex is my favorite song. Most the girls I fall for end up having a boyfriend. This is the first song that sounds like rock song with noticeable drum pedalling and the shredding on guitar. Heart Out reminds me of a old school 80's rock song that'd be on Vh1 or in the background at some bar. Robbers is a sexy slow ballad. It's an alright song, but at this point I can tell The 1975 just released too many songs at once. She's Way Out sounds like a siren going off in my head. Pressure is pretty much the same guitar as heard before in Chocolate. The 1975 are young and hip but got some work too do because they sound like an inexperienced Vampire Weekend.

Pharrell Williams - G I R L

Pharrell's second album opens up sounding like a black and white film. The song then transitions into a song you'd hear on the runway. This song is called Marilyn Monroe and they say girl a lot in it. Pharrell is trying show that sex appeal, but he reveals he has a diary... Brand New opens up a little funky, but then you finish the song realizing you heard about 20 seconds worth of material repeated for 4:28 with maybe 3 different guitar notes. At least the lead ladies sounded fine on this song. Hunter sounds like a bad Prince song. Happy is kind of catchy if you haven't hit puberty yet I suppose. I'll give him credit because at least he's not trying to imitate anyone else on this track. It's structured fairly smoothy and features some clapping. Gust of Wind is the Daft Punk song that doesn't sound like it features Daft Punk. It's different then Get Lucky but it's not as catchy and makes me want to go clean the bathroom. Lost Queen just throws this album off proportion. There's no fluidity and it sounds like Pharrell doesn't know what genre he wants to focus on. These are just a bunch of songs thrown together. Know Who You Are steals the guitar style of Bob Marley and 311 with some Alicia Keys singing the way she normally does. Maybe Pharrell has hit a mid-life crisis because at his age there are more things to sing about. He and Arby's have a lot more in common than I thought because besides the hat, they both are just not that satisfying despite all the talk.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Piebald - We Are the Only Friends We Have

I was recommended this album because the reason I assume is that it's an alternative upbeat rock album.King of the Road begins with a fast rhythm with killer drumming and spunk. The singer does his thing and moves along the song nicely to fill all the transitions. Out of nowhere this song ends with a car crash. Just a Simple Plan has a lot of pop punk power chords, Travis Shettel speaks his mind and they rock out like Sum 41. Long Nights is a punky song with a Dexter Holland feel behind the vocals. This has all the making for kids to skateboard too with its cool pacing. The second half is where the band slows down the song, this shows a strength of the band and sets up a loud outro. The Monkey versus The Robot is the same feeling firefighters get when they're sliding down a pole. Rich People Can Breed is fun with some energetic vocals and with melody that makes you feel like youre in acid rain. The Stalker is cool and one of my favorite songs because there's a much steadier rhythm and singing pitches that sound a lot more thought out. Also there's a great guitar solo. Sex Sells has a lot of horns on this final song and makes me wonder if we're heading towards some ska. Not a bad album but lacked the catchiness to make them ever become something special. They really did make me appreciate bands like Sum 41 and Jimmy Eat World.

Rick Ross - The Mastermind

Guns, near death, weed, and babes are the themes of The Mastermind which are found in nearly in every song. The intro makes me feel like I'm about to hop on a gangster Disney ride. Rich is Gangsta is about being a rich executive and a gangster at the same time. The gun firing isn't so intimidating because Ross sounds high as fuck. Nobody is a pretty generic rap song and for the fifth track in a row we hear something about guns and more firings. Mafia Music III is reggae music combined with just awful melodies. Why do I feel like I'm listening to bar music combined with alien noises out in Jamaica? War Ready sounds like Asian trap music. With lots of guns firing and horrible lyrics. 7 minutes of this crap too. Supreme's corniness sucks me in like a buffet. You see so much potential and the just feel gross afterwards. Sanctfied is kind of like in the style of Yeezes. Almost anything with Kanye is bad to begin with. Paradise Lost is a chill song with some Anchorman Jazz flute and throwback beats. I found this to be a pretty weak rap album by someone is trying to make a quick buck off telling his life story.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

AFI - Sing the Sorrow

AFI has gone on to be one of the most critized bands in recent years, but have you listened to Sing the Sorrow recently? Miseria Cantere - The Beginning opens very foggy and mysterious. In uninson the band sings with some loud guitar riffs and anger. The Leaving Song, Part 2. is an example of what a great guitar album this would go on to be. Davey Havok shows off his voice and the band's new goth sound. I feel so much built up aggression being held in, it sounds like a summoning of demons and people turning into werwolves. Bleed Black is a fast paced punk jam with fun guitar rhythms and a fun chorus that band all sings. AFI demonstrates a progression in there music by being able to switch up the tempos and showing maturity as an artist. Silver and Cold is a very poppy song that involves a lot of whining, but the main melody is somewhat effective with a strong production effect that ties all the sounds together just right. It's a very emo song. Girl's Not Grey is not only the best song on this album, it's probably the band's greatest song of all time. The energy is nonstop with the insanely fast guitar riffs making you feel like you're awesome. The song is fun, with great drums and it all just comes together with awesome singing that has so many gothic chicks bouncing up and down. Death of Seasons is a screamo punk song that switches up the mood of the album. Havok sounds hungry for some human flesh. The Leaving Song is darker slow paced song and makes no sense how it's part one but ok. AFI sparked a cool way to combine really emo gothic punk music and mainstream alternative. Some of the best guitar playing will be found on this record.

Woodkid - The Golden Age

After listening to Woodkid for the first time I concluded that he's this French dude that goes way above and beyond to make a musical spectacle. You need to grab a chair and really listen to all that's going on because you are about to be taken to a touching symphony. The Golden Age brings a lot of horns, strings, and slow melody to make it feel like a winter day with the snow covering a town. The song transitions into a cowboy feel with the horns beaming in the background. The horns get even louder and things get too epic for one to handle. Run Boy Run is a very intense song with marching band drums, more of this elegant symphony in the background, and just feels like I'm sitting through a classical musical and hearing pop music simultaneously. The Great Escape sounds like a happy start of the morning and the way Woodkid cuts down on all the music strengthens his singing. I Love You is a great song with that voice,and the music takes you up a sprialling staircase towards the night sky. The Shore is like watching a 3 minute movie trailer, so much anticipation and excitement in this song. Feels like I'm at an old night club surrounded by the mafia and prostitutes. A pretty good album to start the career of Woodkid. A little too overboard on the instruments for my taste, and with a little more range in the songs he could become a very popular musician.

Cage the Elephant - Melophobia

Spiderhead is a trippy start we aren't accustomed to by Cage the Elephant. The chorus has a lot of passion and sounds pretty raw but also feels pretty weak at the same time. The song eventually sounds like a scratched CD and ends. Come a Little Closer made me think Melophobia was going to be the best thing Cage the Elephant created. A very dark song that has the catchiest chorus the band has ever made. This song knows how to pump you up and then bring you down moments later. The guitar flows so nicely with the lyrics. Telescope starts off sort of good, but then Matt just sounds like whiny kid singing to a soft melody. Towards the end there's some terrible microphone effects where you're suppose raise your hand to the beat. Take It Or Leave It opens up like some 80's acid filled rock. I freaking love how bad the main chorus is. It sounds like a drunk man that needs to get off the karaoke machine at a little kids birthday party back in the 60's. This song makes me want to go to a diner and order a milkshake. Halo would be such a good song if it weren't from the random bipolar yelling that occurs every so often. We'll call this song a push. The rest the album is just ups and downs and sounds inspired by rock/garage music from the 60s to 80s. This album felt like a step backwards but they were experimenting with something new and won't be really lose any fans.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Surprised/disappointed you got through the review of the Piebald album without mentioning American Hearts

Yeah man. I thought that album would be right up his alley. Kind of a forgotten band.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Thanks for the review!
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Thursday : Full collapse
    Senses Fail: Let it enfold you

Teenage years haha
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

These look like some good picks. Saw Thursday open for Taking Back Sunday. They busted out a shit ton of confetti. If anyone else has some Coachella or non Coachella picks get them in because this thread is going on hiatus for at least a good month very soon.
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Saves the day - freakish . Man im in full blown highschool mode tonight. Finch what it is to burn is next lol.

slum village- fantastic volume 2

Brand New : Deja Entendu
    Saosin : translating the name
    Last edited by roboto; 04-04-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Insane Clown Posse-Great Milenko
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

John Cage - 4'33"
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

The Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen

If I Were Going is like a Nine Inch Nails like intro with a very windy and spooky background. The song ends with a quiet drum beat as if a ghost were playing it, and then transitions into Gentlemen with the same drum beat but much louder. The song gets much more complex as the singer Greg Dulli grabs my attention by demanding it. There's a cool guitar solo thrown in the middle. You'll hear a lot of power in those vocals and the instruments all coming together to create a unique sound. Be Sweet has some dirty lyrics with sexy guitar riffs throughout that make you feel like you're gonna get some and a dark mood created through the singing. Debonair is full of guitar riffs and bass that is spooky like the boogie man under your bed. Fountain and Fairfax has some intense yelling. The combination of piano and yelling in This is What Jail is Like is very strong. Love the rhythms throughout this record as The Afghan Whigs put together a record that will stick in your mind. The last song Brother Woodrow/Closing Prayer comes out of nowhere. It's a beautiful assembly of music, ambience, and new life. There's an old school feel to this album with 90's appeal mixed in

Aloe Blacc - Lift Your Spirit

This is the third album by Aloe Blacc, but the first record that put his name on my map. The album starts with the infamous Wake Me Up but in acoustic. It's got Mike Einziger on guitar but it's hard to tell. A lot more peaceful and easier for me to bare. I actually hear the beauty in the music. The Man comes in with a prescence with horns and great beat. The lyrics show confidence and he tells the truth. Really catchy song. Never would have guessed that just saying I'm the Man could be so catchy The song ends with a gospel ending, which would be a reoccurrence throughout. Blacc proves he's got a great voice. You can wave your hands to Soldier in the City. Love is the Answer is a thrown down of a great voice and a funky vibe. Wanna Be With You is smooth and feels like a credit song after a basketball movie. Ticking Bomb is dark but swaggy. Eyes of a Child has some more great singing. Reminds me of Seal if you've ever listened to him. I think you'll have a smile on your face when you're done listening to this album.

Fatboy Slim - You've Come a Long Way, Baby

Right Here, Right Now feels like the greatest techno song ever created. Break down is dancy. Main rhythm feels like you're really far into the future which is so bright and on a giant ship from Star Wars. The Rockafellar Skank sounds like the dude from Smash Mouth is singing the vocals but it's just a sample from some other dude. To release the song he had to release 100% of the track's royalties, 25% to each artist, meaning he receives no royalties himself. This song is very surfy but also very funky. It's got to be a wild acid trip of just dancing around being fucked up. Gangster Tripping is like gangster hip hop beats that people be blasting on their boombox. Lots of music fillers with slick sounds like Kalifornia. Praise You is just a good piano driven song with lyrics that are great. Feels like a good get out of bed song in the morning. This is a really fun album with good music throughout.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Klein, will you be seeing some Fatboy there?
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Idk. I think he'll conflict with queens of the Stone Age or muse
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern