Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1597

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

I found one that would be perfect:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_R...Hubbard_album)
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

This looks interesting. It better b worth slowing down the coachella momentum I've built up. Saturday bottom line soon
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Sam XL Pure Filth Sound - Live October 2012 - Real Trap Sun!
    It was difficult for me to find information on this artist, so I decided to review a set. A lot of the early set is build up to set up what's to come. There's very heavy electronic sound, but some hip hop mixed in, hence the formula for trap. This show sounds ridiculous in a bad way and I have no desire to be near it. The :Oh my gods" that are thrown in are just silly.. Stress by Justice gets mixed in and doesn't do the set much better because I'm not a fan of that song. Got lazer sound effects constantly booming. There's also the sounds of eagles making their call. This is trap music I guess. It’s not very good. Lots of heavy action and all kinds of synthy noises.

My rating: 3.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Reignwolf - Live on KEXP
    Reignwolf is expected to release a studio album fairly soon, but so far this was the best demonstration of music he's got. Electric Love has a very old school rock and roll feel to it. He has a very commanding voice and tears it up on the guitar. He is his own drummer on top of all this. Old Man makes another return by being covered by Reignwolf. He sings it with a lot of passion and throws in a bunch of mini solos. I like his impact on the songs by putting a pause on the guitar to just let his voice be heard. The Chain is an ok song. Not really loving the guitar riffs so much, but it's a decent rock and roll song. The Dark Host has a much heavier sound to it. He rocks it pretty hard singing with a lot of energy and shredding the guitar. He's developing been influenced by the city of Seattle and when Pearl Jam and Soundgarden are showing you the ropes you better deliver. He could be an entertaining act early on in the day.

My rating: 6.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

3Ball MTY - Inténtalo (2011)
    If you're searching for the Swedish House Mafia of Mexico than that group may very be 3Ball MTY. When you combine the culture of Mexico with house music you get some pretty funky jams. It starts with the opening track Inténtalo. It's got a funky beat and some salsa feeling drum movements. I have idea what they're saying except that the chick likes something. Solos Tú Y Yo is a very energetic and fun song. I like the sound of the voice, he's got a little Akon or something in him. People will be dancing to this for sure. Tipsy is sung in English and though the lyrics are pretty terrible the moral of the story is alcohol does things to your body. Maybe they were listening to Pitbull and got a little inspiration who knows. Ritmo Alterado reminds me of the Crazy Frog. It's got the same sound and rhythm minus the frog's voice. Amantes Guaracheros is an uptempo song that holds the same rhythm throughout. All you have to do is clap your hands and stomp your feet. Te Digo Bye Bye nothing great but keeps the energy going. What I learned about this group is that they really like to give the listener energy, and even if their song isn't that great it's still got the bass drop.

My rating: 6.25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Kids These Days - Traphouse Rock (2012)
    Kids These Days were a pleasant discovery. That piano melody in the opening track (Intro)mental sets up this album to be very ambiguous because you don't know what's coming next. This transforms into a rock song with some sexy guitar. I like the sound of the piano, and the changing in timing makes a noticeable impact on this song. Ghetto comes in with a little static and a crazy black man yelling like he's a pumped up DJ, but soon the rapping comes in but at the same time it's a rock song with the craziest sound effects and super hyper energy. It’s got all kinds of brass instruments in the background. A funky bass rhythm and a guitar rhythm that’s makes this an awesome rock jam. Drums to provide a big outro with fast deliveries from these singers. Cool mixing from ther production and an energetic guitar solo. Doo-Wa [/I]starts with some Destiny Child’s like singing, the piano rhythm makes it feel classical. The main dudes singing is great. There’s a trumpet solo in there that most surely stands out. The song has such an inspiring tone and great lyrics. Talk 2 You opens with a trumpet. Lyrics are so fluid. Flute so chill and a reggae feel guitar. Look out for the awesome guitar solo in Don’t Fall In love. Such awesome guitar playing throughout. Bud Bulliken has such awesome rapping, They kill it on the guitar and horns. Wasting Time reminds me that song where every rapper grabs all the spotlight,. It's a big song on this album. The timing is slowed down and you focus on the words, while there's some smooth background music.

My rating: 8.25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

I met them in the Eminem crowd at Lolla. They were annoying as hell.

The Colourist - The Colourist EP
    If you've ever heard of Paper Thin Walls then you will soon find out a couple of the band members began a second project known as The Colourist. Oh Goobye a very fast rhythmic fun song. The tone of the singing by Adam Castilla and Maya Tuttle is so happy. That little guitar riff in Fair Weather Friends is so lovely. There's a triangle that creates the same melody. The peacefulness of it creates such a pleasant listen. You feel swept away in the fluidity. Cold October is possibly a preview of some energetic and angry songs coming from the band. This track by far has the most passion in it, and I feel a more emotional connection with the music. The guitar and drum patterns provide a good rhythm and provide a stableness to the song. There's a part where the guitar gets wailed on and sets up some bass action.

My rating: 7.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

The 2 Bears - Be Strong (2012)
    Hot Chip's Joe Goddard has another project known as the 2 Bears. You'll notice their sound is mostly house sound. The Birds & the Bees is a pretty mellow track that holds a consistent beat, in the background are some nature sound effects including some angry bears at the end. Be Strong has a much heavier drop and way more upbeat tempo. The singing is more on the soul side. Bear Hug combines a super deep voice and super catchy electronic movement. The sound of the bass gives me the chills because it's so good. I feel like I'm in a neon jail cell about to be raped. Work opens with a Miike Snow like piano rhythm and then the beat takes over and you can dance one more. Goddard's vocals go well with the song and the beat is just super entertaining. Ghosts & Zombies is like some of the previous songs only with some female vocalists and some psycho sounds to accompany this 1-2 thud of a drop. Increase You Faith is a little more out there. It relies a lot more heavily on sound effects to create a zero gravity feel. So if you wanna hear some consistent electro house music with constant bass drops listen to The 2 Bears.

My rating: 7
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Vintage Trouble - Bomb Shelter Sessions (2011)
    Vintage Trouble bring back a sound that sort of reminds me of Huey Lewis and the News because they're a rock band that brings some funk and a lot of soul out of front man Ty Tyler. Blues Hand Me Down has a a Lenny Kravitz like guitar funky rhythm to it. This is a fun track with a lot of awesome bridges. A lot of excitement shown in the singing. Still and Always Will has such a funky guitar rhythm . Love the old school feel coming from the singing and I feel like I can just rock out. Gracefully a good dance song. Reminds me of Back to The Future, which makes me want to slow dance with a beautiful woman that's not my mother. Not Alright by Me is a fluid track which creates a pleasant listen. Opening to Nobody Told Me follows with an even more relaxed sound. From starting off with a lot of funky jams to now a laid back and more calm tone really shows the dynamics in this group. Another great track to listen to is Total Strangers because it has the na na na's coming from the background vocals and this may just be Tyler's best singing performance. He takes it to another level and just destroys it. Leaving me applauding. Vintage Trouble sure do have that vintage sound and I guess their music could lead to you doing some troublemaking things.

My rating: 7.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Unicorn Kid - Sugarfest! (2008)
    There's 2 problems with Unicorn Kid. The main problem is obviously his music is garbage which I will address in a moment, but secondly how can you gain respect when you're name is Unicorn Kid... seriously. This 5 song EP is the perfect example of what not to do as an electronic artist. The opening Midnight Harvest is a heavy electronic mess. Buttons sounds like Unicorn Kid is humping his dj table, also there’s just too many old Nintendo sounds. Biscuits is literally the same shit as before. This horrible synthesizer gives me such a headache. I'm not sure what drugs you need to be on to enjoy this, but I'll pass.
    The songs are just too fast and impossible to dance too.

My rating: 2
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Robert DeLong - Just Movement (2013)
    After first Just Movement starts off pretty calm and a simple pop song, but then it feels like we make a shift and the intensity picks up and a realy catchy beat comes in. The vocals from DeLong are not bad and I like the soft beat. A little mixing gets thrown in there, the bridge is pretty calm but then he makes the beat drop and can hit some of the higher notes to express more feel. I'll give Global Concepts some props because I've never heard anything like it ever before. The song starts off with what sounds like someone banging on some pots. All the sudden the word "dance" is super mashed up and a super heavy drop occurs. I can't even explain what goes on for the next 45 seconds because he edits his voice to come off in so many different ways. He says that main question again that this time smoothly transitions to that strange electronic sound. Soon after you'll hear the drum get edited in such a weird way it's so brutal. I feel like this is that awkward dance song that'll get played when no one is on the dance floor, or when everyone is on the floor it'll get a whole bunch of people off it. DeLong insists he's gonna get you fucking dancing though. Happy has a completely different sound to it. The attitude is very upbeat and the tempo is a lot faster. Halfway through it's like a rain cloud flies over and completely changes the mood of this song. It gets a lot more electronic based with some strange sounds, but then the happy tone comes back in with that whistle like melody. Here has a fast tempo to it with a lot of cool mixing it to it. I don't know how DeLong can slightly change his vocals in so many different ways to sound like a completely different singer. Relegious Views begins with some super heavy house elements and could make the floor shake if you blast it loud enough. Sounds like someone is mashing some buttons on a Nintendo 64. It reminds of Justin Bieber in a way singing to one of those pop radio dance songs. I kind of like this song because it's so energetic and the bass sounds are pretty sweet and he lands a plane in this track, but it's just to bubbly for me. Perfect is a long track on this album that goes through some different mood swings, but DeLong wants to showcase all he can to get some credibility and respect. Basically, I is a fun song to go out on, it reminds me of Death Cab For Cutie adding some electronics. The piano to end this song is brilliant. Robert DeLong will certainly not be everybody's thing, but I could easily talk about every song off this album because each song is so unique and has something about it that is memorable whether the song is good or not. I feel like he's about to become a huge artist a year from now because his debut album might be getting a lot of exposure. He's certainly got some cheesy music, but it's also catchy and entertaining too at times.

My rating: 6
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

White Arrows - Dry Land is Not a Myth (2012)
    Dry Land is Not a Myth is the debut record fronted by a guy who was born legally blind, but then his vision turned around and he went on to create his own major at NYU. Mikey Church has a unique voice that goes well with the style of the band. Roll Forever is a cool opening track because the bass and guitar are so different in style, but come together to create this tropical psychedelic dance song, which becomes the band's trademark. The next song Get Gone has an interesting rhythm to it. Church reflects back on some memories. The beat is kind of funky, with some happy sounding guitar notes and bumping. The tone is pretty positive and makes an alright tone. I like the fast guitar rhythm throughout I Can Go. All the songs are pretty fast, but this is just speeding now. Getting Lost is a shitty singing song. If you're into tropical music that's on drugs than you'll probably like White Arrows, but for now I don't see them breaking out.

My rating: 5.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Deap Valley – Gonna Make My Own Money (Single)
    Well they only have one song out as far as I know. They're an all female band. The lead singer would best be compared to the female version of Jack White. The voices kind of match and she sings loud and pretty passionately. There's a lot of nice hooks and rhythms coming from the guitar. I need to hear more before I give a score.
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Wild Belle

Couldn't dig to much out on this band either. They're essentially psychedelic pop. Keep You has Tame Impala like elements. They strum a few guitar notes. The bass is incredibly strong, while the guitar is weak. There's just not enough there to make it a good trance song. It’s Too Late has a saxophone rock out besides that it could make some good music for an Old Navy commercial. I'll be waiting to see how this band can evolve.
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Adrian Lux - Adrian Lux (2012)
    Adrian Lux is a Swedish DJ who could become the next big thing, I'm not entirely sure though. Burning is a super poppy and cheesy edm song to begin this debut LP. Almost feels like Justin Bieber is singing, but the artist's name is Dante. It's got some smooth effects that could make you rollerbladr to it. The main rhythm is alright, but I didn't feel the sensation. Joakin Berg is featured in All I Ever Wanted and it turns out he is a pretty good singer actually. I like those heavy electronic noises that make you feel like youre at a rave. The mix throughout is very lively and creates a good atmosphere. There's a more Swedish House Mafia feel to this song I suppose because of the heavy drops and loud techno sounds. I do enjoy the darkness of this song, and loud thumping. Weekend Heroes is that epic dance song you need to anticipate if you want to see him. It has some robotic sounding lady singing on and off delivering a chorus line to the main sounds of this track. The bass is pretty loud and there's all kinds of neat effects that will go great to some lazers. Can't Sleep was cute, and a nice junior varsity song.. Then there's that dance track Boy, which is pretty fun and has lots of drops. With Adrian Lux you're going to know what you're going to get, so if you like Swedish DJ's and electronic dance music then you'll probably love Lux.

Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Mother's Milk (1989)
    Mother's Milk is the 4th studio album by the rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers. Chad Smith is the new drummer, while John Frusciante is the new guitarist. Good Times Boys certainly gets things going. Heavy guitar riffs, band singing in uninson. Band just jams, Frusicante kills it on the guitar playing all kinds of awesome riffs, while Flea shakes the room with his bass. When you think it's over Kiedis and gang bring it back with more hard rock. Higher Ground, the Stevie Wonder cover, starts it off with some funky bass. The guitar comes in and turns this into a heavy 1970s feeling hardcore rock song. The amount of people involved in shouting some of the lines in this song is pretty cool. Yup at one point Red Hot Chili Peppers did use a series of horns in their songs as heard in Subway to Venus. I like Frusciante's guitar melodies that make this song fast and a fun song. Magic Johnson gives you the experience of being at a show and hearing some of the greatest guitar playing ever. The song is super fast and ridiculously good with the heavy bass and melody of the song. Knock Me Down is just a fun song because of the singing by Kiedis and the fluidity of the sounds in this song, The chemistry in the band is just unimaginable. How the guitar's melody works so well with the bass and drums in this track shows why the addition of Frusciante would be the reason this band would become one of Los Angeles's most successful bands of all time. Amazing guiar riffs and melody in Pretty Little Dirty which would get used later on in that song Butterfly. This song has such a calm and pleasant setting, it feels like new life. Sexy Mexican Maid is a funky jam that has awesome guitar playing by Frusciante with his solos thrown in there and Kiedis doing some work on vocals. Best album by this band at the time.

My rating: 8.5

Blood Sugar Sex Magik (1991)
    Hey batter batter, hey batter batter... SWING! Red Hot Chili Peppers made a switch over to Warner Bros. Records, which led to a new sound by the band, but for the better. The Power Of Equality a hardcore opener, Kiedis voice has changed and his new style would come to stay. He sounds a lot more assertive and his voice comes out much cleaner. Frusicante plays some funky guitar riffs and Flea is just destroying his bass. Flows so nicely into the next song If You Have to Ask. Not sure if the singing is good in Breaking the Girl but this song always stands out with the acoustic guitar and softer melody. The mellotron creates a new sound and reveals a softer side of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Once Suck My Kiss comes on it becomes the best song so far. Why because the bass is so funky and one of the best series of notes by Flea. The guitar's melody just gets you pumped up, and never fails to set up all the sexual innuendoes by Anthony Kiedis. The lyrics are just brilliant on this song and just dirty. There's a sick solo in here too. Give it Away really shows up out of nowhere on this record. Smith pounds on the drums Seriosuly the bass and guitar are so unique compared to anything before. It feels like a vibrating phone and the guitar playing just spectacular. Kiedis just dominates on the vocals spitting out so many words. You can't stop moving to the rhythm of the song, and the guitar solo just keeps the flow of this song. He says "Give it away now a lot" so be prepared. Blood Sugar Sex Magik starts off slow with some funky sounds but a change in tone by Kiedis and instruments follow him to making this song explode into to a huge rock song with such a sexy rhythm. Great guitar solo and this song just goes right into Under the Bridge which is a very and overplayed song. It's a simple song, but the melody is much slower and the guitar notes stand out a lot more. Kiedis is always going to have the crowd sing along with him. The second half where's he accompanied by choir becomes super epic and it's like he's on top of a mountain, while Frusciante changes it up on the guitar and plays a nice little solo. My Lovely Man has a solid drum beat, killer bass and a fun song. Sir Psycho Sexy is one of their most complete songs on this album. It has pretty much everything that makes this band who they are. It has a funky rhythm, silly lyrics by Kiedis and the mellotron is back to add some funk. They jam, they hyptonize and they just destroy with their chemistry. Always going to be in most fan's top 2 because the progression the band has made in 2 years is incredible and this is their most fun album.

My rating: 9

One Hot Minute (1995)
    John Frusciante has left, while Dave Navarro has taken his place. Warped opens the album with a lot of energy. There's definitely a change in sound. The guitar is much more heavier, while there's nothing funk about this song. I don't like the vocals by Kiedis and they're trying to make to excite the listener with those big guitar moments. The outro is a total change of pace and it makes me from being confused and energized to a little sad though it sets up the next track nicely. Aeroplane is the following song that offers something new to get excited about. The guitar has a different sound with a lot cool sounds. Kieids does his thing and takes on a more serious side. Flea bumps that bass as usual and keeps it cool. The solo is pretty cool, but really this song lacks the flow that we've become accustomed to. My Friends is a chill and when I say chill it's kind of a stoned chill. The lyrics are depressing and the tone is sort of apathetic. They sound like they're on drugs. The guitar is pretty weak and I don't really hear much bass. One Big Mob is a super heavy jam. The guitar melody reminds me of Rage Against the Machine. The singing that alternates between Kiedis and the mob is alright. Then this track takes a break and slows it down with some spacey guitar sounds. Eventually it bridges back to the first couple verses and the song is an alright track. One Hot Minute a super spacey but boring song. It has an annoying chorus and it's clear this lineup isn't working out. Transcending is where the band jams hard but it’s just not the same. From singing about sex and joking around the drug dependent Red Hot Chili Pepper's cover the topics of addiction and depression.

My rating: 5

Californication (1999)
    John Frusciante is back as it was nearly the end of the Red Chili Peppers, but they return to have a huge turnaround. In the first 30 seconds Around the World is already better than anything from One Hot Minute. The flow and chemistry is back. "I must warn you about the mother fucking governnemt of California." The guitar riffs just go swell with the bumping bass. The lyrics are crafted masterfully. The chorus makes you feel like you’re floating. You expect to hear the same lines in the chorus again but nope Kiedis messes with you and makes up words that no one knows. Frusciante's backup vocals are outstanding as his melodies in this song are superb. The big 3 on the instruments take you out of this song so good with their jamming, and then it picks up right back into Parallel Universe. Guitar strums so fast, while the bass is just shaking the Earth. So many different dynamics come from the guitar, love the screaming by Kiedis and how much energy you get from this song. The next song Scar Tissue is a completely different dynamic but has one of the greatest guitar riffs in Chili Peppers history. Normally Anthony Kieids isn’t the star of a song, but this is his song. He dominates the vocals and sounds passionate. While everything else is smooth as silk, the guitar goes along so well to the vocals. I get deeply moved with how beautiful the melody is. The 2 solos in this song are pretty magival. They keep it going with, Otherside, another gem. The guitar playing probably puts Frusciante at the top for his time. Bass just creates these vibrations that are great. Backing vocals by Frusciante are pretty chilling and go along with Kiedis great. The lyrics are so nice and pretty dark. Lines like "I’d rather slit my throat". The tempo picks up and once Kiedis raises his tone it goes into another magical solo. At this point Anthony Kiedis is making a case to why he's an important member to the group. Title track Californication the next big song off this record the with super relaxed guitar melody, while bass just does its thing and is one of Flea's most popular bass tabs. The song has a nice flow to it and the higher notes to go with a higher singing work perfectly. The chorus is just so unique and feels like we're turning up the brightness, I also like the smoothness in the voice of Kiedis, and then that drumming bridge into the rest of the chorus. The solo isn't meant to be hard to play, it just does it job by providing some beautiful sounds. Emii Remmus is a good chill song with some nice bass and guitar. Purple Stain has got the funky rhythm. They tear it up to end this song. The bass is really fun on this album. Road Trippin' is a super dreamy song, driven by acoustics, and just a very calm and nice song. This album managed to produce 5 of some of the greatest songs ever by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. More importantly this album brought the band back to prominence.

My rating: 9

By The Way (2002)
    The 2002 release by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is a good followup to their record Californication, and stays within the same boundaries. The tone of the music is pretty soft and chill. By the Way begins with a big kickoff with the title track By the Way. The lyrics are hilarious because of Kiedis throwing out random words. The guitar and bass from Frusciante and Flea are really on and the song is one of the most energetic ones off this album. The energy given off makes me feel like they're just super confident in themselves now. The Zephyr Song is one of the more relaxed songs and features some marvelous backup vocals by Frusciante. The song is what California sunshine is all about and I think create a good atmosphere with that track. My favorite song is Can't Stop because the energy can't be beat. The guitar riffs are super identifiable and Kiedis is really on his game in this one. The flow throughout is spectacular and I never get tired of this song because it should be able to pump anyone up. I love the lyrics and chorus the most. I feel that the Red Hot Chili Peppers got a little too comfortable on this one and could have done more to have a stronger second half. At least the vibes are good throughout.

Stadium Arcadium (2006)
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers recorded so many songs that they released a double album. Though it probably was a mistake because most of these songs are not that great compared to years prior. There are some really good singles, and a lot of good flowing songs that are still solid.. This album did manage to produce Dani California which is a very popular song because it's got such catchy guitar riffs and lyrics. The chorus has so much energy to it, and the solo by Frusciante is pretty awesome, he shreds so hard to end this song and makes this song one you won't forget. Kiedis and Frusciante are the stars of this song as they deliver the ultimate rock star song. Snow (Hey Oh) has just a thrify guitar rhythm throughout which is pretty fast. The tone by Kiedis way more laid back and this song makes me feel like it's Christmas or something. I like the drum setting Kiedis up so that he can raise his tone, and the tempo picks up. Some pretty solid singing on this song. You can tell Tell Me Baby just came to them during a jam session. Guitar notes are so fluid, bass bumping and singing just catchy. It starts off pretty chill, but then breaks out into a jam. I really like what Flea does on the bass on this song, and every now and then I do like to sing along to this song. Hard to Concertrate has got nice guitar rhythm and the singing isn't that great. It's a pretty chill song throughout Hump Du Bump has fast rhythm which reminds me of Primus. Terrible lyrics though. Wet Sand has a By the Way/Californication feel. Slow guitar notes and a reflective feel. It's melody is so pleasing to the ear and an underrated song off this record. I really like the bluesy feel off Hey , that solo by Frusciante is incredible. Stadium Arcadium is an alright album, the band has grown up and focuses more on the good things in life and there's way less provocative stuff off this album.

I'm With You (2011)
    John Frusciante has left the band again, but it's alright because his apprentice Josh Klinghoffer has joined to try and fill his shoes. The opening song Monarchy of Roses feels like we're going for a march at first. It then transitions into a pretty funky and fun song. The backing vocals by Klinghoffer are pretty good, and I really like where he enters the song. The guitar riffs are super fast, and the bass provides a good rhythm. Kiedis does vintage Kiedis and the song is a good energy booster. Brendan's Death Song is a dedication to an important person in their lives to help start the band's career. The lyrics are certainly depressing, and the melody is nice. If anything you can enjoy the singing by Kiedis. Ethiopia possesses a very catchy bass rhythm. The words being said are kind of dumb, but the chorus of this song is the strongest part. Look Around just happened when the band was jamming one day. Kiedis threw some random words together. The overall song is alright, but it's just the band having some fun and rocking out. The bass is bumping and the guitar is alright. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie was the first single off this album. It's got a pretty catchy bass rhythm to it. The guitar has it's strong points and the singing is whatever. Police Station sounds like that one song that's been on the previous 3 RHCP albums but oh well. This album has got some good tracks, and not some good ones but some of these songs are pretty awesome live

Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Fever to Tell (2003)
    Fever to Tell is the debut record from the New York band the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Rich starts off with a cool synth and guitar riff, some screaming and then breaks out into a rock sng with a lot of energy. The power chords are really cool and you got to appreciate the energy. Man is a poorly sung song, where the band is all over the place with their instruments. It sounds so raw but I don’t dig it. Black Tongue is horrible too. How many times do you have to say Uh hum followed by squeals. The heavy guitar riffs are alright. Definitiley don't like the repetitiveness of Pin No NO No is a cool hard rock heavy bass jam. It's got the heavy power chords, some destruction done to the drums and good tempo to mosh too. There's a guitar synth occurrence that happens and changes the dynamic of the song. By song 9 there's finally a song that very few could criticize. Maps stands out because the vocals from Karen O sound so much better. Her voice sounds so clean matches the melody of the guitar perfectly. The bass provides an excellent rhythm and the drums are outstanding too. The best part of the song is that flow from one guitar bridge to another. The notes are so fluid. That verse of "MaaAaaaaps" is pretty sick. . For sure the guitar in Y Control is the some of the best on this record. It works out so nicely and is so heavy. The beginning guitar verse that gets reused a few times is one of my favorite sounds. The singing and lyrics are good once more and the lyrics go well to make this a fun rock song.

Show Your Bones (2006)
    Show Your Bones didn't come easy for the band as they didn't want to put out a sophomore slump record. The opening track has a pretty collective sound to it, a drum beat that is catchy and then breaks out into a hard rock song for a few moments as Karen O lets it all out. Goes back to opening verse then it breaks out again this time with a few added sound effects in the background. There's a guitar solo sort of and more singing of the "ah ah ah's." Phenomena has got a lot of attitude in it, along with some cool guitar effects, some heavy bass that destroys and a rhythm that is very bizarre. Cheated Hearts has a nice sound to it. The guitar melody is pretty chill until it skyrockets into some more garage style. Great singing on this track too. I like that they still rock out, but the lyrics aren't as dumb anymore and the vocals just have a much better sounding quality. I'm a fan of the track Dudley because I really like the guitar throughout and how it works with the vocals. It's a very good song to just sit there and enjoy. Turn Into is a good final song. It's another calm song with good lyrics and a fun melody out of Karen O. Nick Zinner plays the guitar really well on this album as it appears the Yeah Yeah Yeahs got a bit softer.

My rating: 7.25

It's Blitz! (2009)
    Zero is a dynamite of a song to open up this album. It begins with a lot of vibrations, some heavy bass and drum effects. The guitar is strummed at a fast speed. It's got such a fast pace to it, I really like the vocals and how she says zero. The keyboards turn this into an electronic song that creates this electrifying feeling. Heads Will Roll opens with keyboards that make you feel like you're entering a spooky room. Then the bass pedal gets stomped on and the drum beat makes this a fun song to move to. The heavy guitar riffs to go with the keyboard create this really cool electronica song. The vocals are great once again. Skeletons is a nice eery song that sounded like it took place in Antarctica or somewhere cold. It's a very calm song that shows new approaches the band is taking. Runaway has a pretty piano melody and a desperate sounding Karen O. The song eventually breaks down into some guitar playing, engineering effects to create dramatic sound, and a nice outro. Dragon Queen has a funky bass, Little Shadow ends this album on a good note with it's chilling effects. I'd consider this the best Yeah Yeah Yeahs album because there's a whole catalog of unique songs and improved production.

My rating: 8
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

I couldn't stand "Can't Stop" for several years after it came out, thanks to how prominently it was played on radio & TV. "Under the Bridge" may be in constant rotation for eternity, but I feel it's a much better song and it really never gets old for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
    Boards of Canada - Tommorrow's Harvest
    David Byrne & St. Vincent - Love This Giant

Daft punk was reviewed in the daft punk thread. I'm pretty much retired at this point
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

It was a good run.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Daft punk was reviewed in the daft punk thread. I'm pretty much retired at this point
    WWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA????

theklein25's Top 50 Bands

Shall I post the rest or delete this post like it never happened?
    41. Smashing Pumpkins
    42. Taking Back Sunday
    43. Aerosmith
    44. Offspring
    45. Two Door Cinema Club
    46. Queens of the Stone Age
    47. The Hives
    48. Collective Soul
    49. Maroon 5
    50. National
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

TOP 50 Bands and Artists

1. blink-182
    2. 311
    3. My Chemical Romance
    4. Nirvana
    5. Foster the People
    6. The Strokes
    7. Soundgarden
    8. Coldplay
    9. Green Day
    10. Muse
    11. Linkin Park
    12. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    13. Depeche Mode
    14. Incubus
    15. The Doors
    16. The Killers
    17. Oasis
    18. Nine Inch Nails
    19. Rage Against the Machine
    20. U2
    21. Weezer
    22. Radiohead
    23. Beck
    24. Foo Fighters
    25. Kasabian
    26. Matchbox 20
    27. Police
    28. Jimmy Eat World
    29. John Mayer
    30. Kings of Leon
    31. 30 Seconds to Mars
    32. Biffy Clyro
    33. Moby
    34. Rancid
    35. Stone Temple Pilots
    36. The Bravery
    37. Artic Monkeys
    38. Bush
    39. Dr. Dre
    40. Gorillaz
    41. Smashing Pumpkins
    42. Taking Back Sunday
    43. Aerosmith
    44. Offspring
    45. Two Door Cinema Club
    46. Queens of the Stone Age
    47. The Hives
    48. Collective Soul
    49. Maroon 5
    50. National
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I want to sig this
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Please continue until you get to The Beatles.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

It's not even worth it to make fun of that list. It speaks for itself.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival