Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1597

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

You like Girls if I remember correctly, right? Give Christopher Owen's solo record Lysandre a listen.

The Mind Spiders - Mind Spiders
    ANR - Stay kids
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

The Conet Project.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

A few more days and I'll end my break
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    The Conet Project.
    YES!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Chonumeh Smiley - Pubic Hair

Christopher Owens - Lysandre
    Lysandre is the debut solo record by former Girls frontman Christopher Ownes. When I turn on this album I feel like I'm in some medeival folk world. Here We Go Again puts us in a state of the working class where the harmonica and flute provide the simple pleasures, while a cool electric guitar creates a moment that is short lived. Probably the harmonicas transition into the main chorus stands out because it gets me every time. New York City sounds like an amateur musical number. I can't see why this song would be considered any good. The things that stand out are the saxophone and the rise of the sound effects whenever a high note is sung. A Broken Heart you can hear on any Girls album. It's just one of those downer songs that was cool the first time, but now it just sounds recycled. Everything from there on this album just gets way too simple. There's nothing creative about the song Lysandre at all. The solo album turned out to be quite disappointing. It started off really strong but collapsed on itself. Not every musician creates a successful solo album the first go around. I believe Christopher Owen's departure from Girls was a mistake, but it happens. Could Girls be the next band to inspire many and then creating a high demand for a reunion? Time will tell but for now Owens is going to need to another attempt to prevent fading into obscurity. Also the year just begun and this attrocious album cover will probably stick in lists as one of the year's worst.

My rating: 5.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

The Mind Spiders - The Mind Spiders
    The Mind Spiders are one of the most organized yet energetic and fun garage punk bands I've heard. The energy from Go! causes the same adrenaline like having a baseball bat swung at you, You're constantly moving around and the band just lets it all out. The energy in this song is a warmup for what's to come. There's a cool keyboard throughout Don't Let Her Go. The pacing in this song is so fast it's like speeding in a Porsche on the PCH. The vibes are nothing but positive and cool. Mind Spider's Theme starts off the coolest with the riffs that turn you into trash. The sound effects are wild and it's one crazy ride. Things are bubbly feeling and the drumming is up to speed. The singing is really cool in this song. I feel like I'm at a summer camp and this song could be the soundtrack to go along with everything I did. Read Your Mind is something else. The song is incredibly calm and reminds me ironically of Girls. I feel a bit of sadness but the guitar throughout is just lovely. No Romance just had a cool punk vibe and tone in the vocals. The timing was good and i really like the guitar's influence on the song. One Step Ahead was really good as well. I almost expected it to be another Read Your Mind, but it becomes a fast paced song that contributes to the album with it's catchy singing and mood provided. The Mind Spiders may be every 80's and 90's garage rock fan's dreams as they bring back what's nearly dead and add their own unique sound.

My rating: 7.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Lovesounds

Very curious.......

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

was just going to add...

go in with an open mind. it sounds nothing like nsync if that helps you.

August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Lovesounds
    Futuresex/Lovesounds is the second studio album by former NSYNC member Justin Timberlake. With the help and production by Timbaland this album would go on to achieve large success. Usually hit albums start with a bang but this started with a very dull opening song, the title track FutureSex/LoveSound. A lot of bass to make the pussy wet. but that's about it. Sexyback is where the album actually begins. It's got the sounds and effects that a NSYNC song never possessed. The mixing to create the main rhythm to drive this song. I like the dropping noise to go along with the rhythm. The back and forth with Timberlake and Timbaland has always been one of the bright spots in this song. The chorus is just what clubs are looking for, so you can grind all up on that biddy and raise your arms. My Love stands out as the next big song. The use of the beat box makes a nice intro. Justin Timberlake serving as his own backup singer adds control and dominance to the song. What sounds like a smooth disc being spinned is my favorite sound effect. The lyrics are corny, but it's the sound that drives this song, Timberlake's singing is off and on. The higher he sings the better it gets. The rap solo by T.I. is unnecessary, but every pop star these days loves to have a guest rapper. Lovestoned is a very fast moving dance jam. It's got a lot of attitude from Timberlake. I don't really care for it though. The stringed orchestra is pretty solid throughout, but I can't grasp the feel, the bass throws it off for me. The best song is What Goes Around.../...Comes Around (Interlude). The guitar to start it off and the sound effects to start it off make you feel like you're on a harbor dock staring out at nothing but water. It has some of the best singing and power coming from all the violins, cellos, and plenty of studio help. The singing throughout is smooth and the song doesn't miss a beat. The singing matches the instruments perfectly. Chop Me Up was strange with that deep voice throughout. Never could enjoy it with that guy saying "Chop me up." Damn Girl is awful, one of the weakest if not the weakest performance by Timberlake. Another Song is one calm outro though I feel like I've heard it before many times. It was still the perfect choice as an outro, but I'm not praising it. Summer Love has something about it that just annoys me. I think it's mostly the main rhythm and sound of it. It focuses too much on just being catchy, while the production in it isn't like his other singles It's got the drum drops and catchy chorus but I've never been impressed by this song. The cool thing is when I put on this album I had already heard about 50% of it. I never once said he was bad (I think), but I'm not sure I want him at Coachella because it will open a new wave of expectations and soon Britney Spears will be on the rumor list. The production that went into this album is something to look at and respect.

My rating: 8
    Last edited by theklein25; 01-10-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

I don't get the 8 when it sounds like you only liked one or two songs of the album?

Yeah it probably sounded like I was gonna give a 6.5 or something. Though I don't plan to revisit his music any time soon I get how talented he is and respect the work that went into this album and how it resulted. Maroon 5 is still better if we wanna continue this route
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Wrong. Dead wrong. Maroon 5 is treacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Woh. What? You give Justin Timberlake an 8 and then say Maroon 5 is better?

How can one even defend Maroon 5, little lone say they are better than Justin Timberlake. JT is the shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

What happened to my Chonumeh Smiley - Public Hair request? It got skipped...

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    A lot of bass to make the pussy wet. but that's about it.
    Give that bitch some bass. Bitches love bass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

It's 2013. If theklein25 isn't going to review frozen pizzas, let's all move on with our lives instead of being surprised when he has a terrible opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    What happened to my Chonumeh Smiley - Public Hair request? It got skipped...
    I was going to and listen post the review by tomorrow morning, but I googled and Itunes searched this. It doesn't exist
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

It would amuse me to see a Timberlake vs Maroon debate between klein and bmack
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I don't anyone has requested this yet, so, Dirty Projectors- Swing Lo Magellan

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    I was going to and listen post the review by tomorrow morning, but I googled and Itunes searched this. It doesn't exist
    This is my third request you have not been able to find. I think you are not searching hard enough.

Here is a potential 2013 act: Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Here is a potential 2013 act: Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

A$AP Rocky - Long.Live.A$AP

Finally. The lineup is out.
    In honor of Coachella I will be reviewing at least 3 albums (if applicable) of every artist on this poster. Requests will be put on hold, but album suggestions and feedback will be deeply appreciated. I haven't forgotten about your guy's previous requests I will complete those periodically too.

Blur
    The Stone Roses
    The XX
    The Postal Service
    Sigur Ros
    New Order
    Hot Chip
    Grizzly Bear
    Pretty Lights
    Eric Prydz
    Tame Impala
    The Lumineers
    Dead Can Dance
    La Roux
    James Blake
    Excision
    Friday last line
    Saturday last line
    Sunday last line

Coming Soon:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Saturday Line 3
    Friday Line 2
    Last edited by theklein25; 02-08-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Modern Life is Rubbish, 13, The Great Escape - blur
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

RHCP- Blood sugar sex magic

Modern Life is Rubbish (1993)
    The second studio album by Blur was a live or die situation for the band after a fallout with the media and some bands.
    For Tomorrow is a good starter for this album thanks to the orchestra effect created by the sound of violin in the background and fun tone. The "La La La’s" give an upbeat mood to this song. Blur is pretty much saying hey we're British and want to take some of that American rock and grunge fame away. Colin Zeal is just some good rock with a nice bass line. This song can get your head turning back and forth because it's pretty groovy. At one point this song hits a high of just pure awesome rock. We get an Intermission after the track Chemical World which starts off as just a piano melody which gets turned into a spacey sounding song and with each verse the melody gets faster and faster. Chemical World stands out with such a thrifty guitar rhythm. There are some great lyrics throughout this song. Oily Water has a different singing technique by Damon. But I really like the instrument use throughout. What starts off as a pretty calm song turns into one of the most jam packed songs on the record. You feel like you're getting sucked into a black hole. Turn it Up is another fun song, but don't see it getting as much love as much the other tracks on this album. This album has really great guitar and bass rhythms throughout. The Britpop sound is great, and this album is fantastic.

Parklife (1994)
    When you hear people talk about Britpop, Parklife has to come to mind because it at one point set the standard. Girls and Boys is the record's best song. It has a very recognizable chorus and the biggest hit off that album. It has that catchy rhythm as well. The bass is fantastic and the piano is amazing. The lyrics are so great because they don't really make sense. The change in how the guitar sounds throughout to fit the song is something to note. My 2nd favorite song off this album has always been Tracy Jacks just because it has such a happy tone and I love the whammy on the guitar. There is a good collection of string and brass instruments that go into this record which really adds to the atmosphere. To the End stands out as well because Damon demonstrates his vocal range and the song sounds like pure fantasy. Magic America is a really upbeat song that has a cool piano effect in the background, but really the guitar is fun throughout. The lyrics are fun and it bursts into one happy song The album cover is one of my favorites by far. There is no better time to listen to this record than on a bright sunny day. Jubilee reminds me of classic rock just because of the way the rhythm is performed. I totally see the British people jumping up and down to this, it's just so upbeat and energetic. Parklife is a good party song created by Blur. The talking adds a distinguishing element to assure this will be a memorable title track. I like the transition to the high notes and then back to the silliness. London Loves sounds pretty 1980's to me. They make this song pretty fun, but I'm not in awe. Trouble in the Message Centre would be something I'd love to hear live. I just like the sound of it Parklife is a really entertaining album, but something about it does not make me love it. I'm more about the guitar and energy.

(Review updated from 2012 release)

The Great Escape (1995)
    For the third consecutive year Blur manages to put out an album. Stereotypes has a funky and sick guitar riff and bass line. The piano adds a certain new wave feel and a poppy thrill throughout. Simply put the vocals by Albarn are awesome in this song. The chorus is my favorite part just by how the guitar & piano complements the vocal so well. This song proves to be pretty dynamic throughout and really exciting. A touching slow Best Days by Blur is found in this album. It’s got a good violin thrown in there, and this acoustic guitar melody that makes you feel like you’re tumbling. It really brings back a mid 20th century vibe. Fade Away at first sounds like a dance song is on the way. The horns and piano change that and make this song kind of dark and unique. The song is a little too trippy for me as I feel like I'm in a fun house. The Universal starts off pretty epic and like the king is entering the room. Didn't really care for the singing though. It sounds a little forced but the instruments sound great. It Could Be You is more my style with a dominating electric guitar and bass that you can feel. The tone is pretty enthusiastic. The backup singers help spice this song up. One of my favorites on this album just because the it has great guitar rhythm and fun vocals with a wide range. Globe Alone is pretty kickass too. The drumming is outstanding and when this song breaks out it is easily the best mosh song on this record. Play this in your car and you'll go 10 mph faster without knowing. There's even a short but sweet guitar solo thrown in here. I have more fun with this album than I do with Parklife, but that's probably because The Great Escape is more in my comfort zone.

My rating: 8.25

Blur (1997)
    Beetlebum gets this album right off to that chill Britpop start. By now it really is Oasis versus Blur battling for supremacy. The second half has a really good guitar driven rhythm. Makes you feel like youre soraring and I like the vocals. The song feels like it's in controlled throughout and the tempo is something new and original by the band. Song 2 is just the most energetic thing they’ve done. The drums feel extra loud, then a simple guitar melody comes in and the volume raises moments later. Big strumming from the guitars and the lyrics are so easy to sing to. I feel like I'm crowd surfing and a champion everytime I hear this song. Don't forget those woohoo's are really memorable and even if you don't the name of this song odds are if you call it the woohoo song someone will know what you mean. Country Sad Ballad Man shifts this album back to a slower gear but it's a pretty strange song. M.O.R. is really fun, the guitar opening lines make this sound like another powerful song is coming. The backup vocals are some of the best and guitar throughout is awesome. You’re So Great is great because the of the guitar. It starts off very calm with an acoustic but the electric guitar eventually comes in. The track has a more raw feel to it. Look Inside America has great vocals and lyrics. I just imagine this song being performed at the largest of stadiums back in the day. The production really shines on this song and it's vintage Blur. Essex Dogs is just one spacey outro. It sounds like someone is warming up an engine at first. The song gets wildy experimental and it's just something to listen to on your own. Nuff said. Not the best Blur album, but still pretty great and offers more than just Song 2.

13 (1999)

Tender is the most unique opener put out by Blur. The song starts off like we're in the midwest. A full production bursts out of nowhere with these backup singers. It's sort of sounds like a lot changed for Damon after The Great Escape. The line, "Love's the greatest thing" is pretty memorable. Bugman is nothing like the 7 minute opening track. This song sounds like a futuristic rock song with an attitude that's my favorite from the band. One of the best solos from Graham Coxon can be heard on this album. This marks a new start for the band as they get heavier with engineering more than ever. Coffee & TV is another nice track. Really cool bass and rhythm. Love Albarn's vocals and just the feel of this song throughout. It's really calm but again another awesome solo from the guitarist. The organization of it creates a nice flow throughout. 1992 is like Karma Police outro. This outro is louder and way more chaotic however. This song would be pretty crazy live, but on record it's a little too slow and hurts my ears. i do like the darkness of it though, shows a different side. . Battle is an outer space song that bursts into some super heavy guitar riffs. It's a really unique song and fascinates me by how much the band has evolved. Bravo Blur. Trailerpark is so cool as well. Starts off like it would soundtrack a scene where the detective is doing some heavy thinking. It has all kinds of spine chilling sound effects and just amazes me. Caramel is just one experimental song that I could see causing a huge division from rock fans and fans open to this kind of stuff. No Distance Left to Run sounds like another song that Blur wants people to wave their lighters too. Not really in love with that song, or sure why it's a single but ok. 13 in my opinion is the best album created by Blur. There's so much to offer and all the engineering and production creates one magical musical experience.

My rating: 9
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

The Stone Roses
    (1989)
    Every artist has a debut record, but few put out a record that goes down as one of the greatest albums of all time. Ian Brown's vocals are some of the best I've heard and the guitar playing by John Squire is highly underrated. The unique sound effects combined with the instruments we know put together one sophisticated and great record. The opening of the album puts your mind into a new world. I Wanna be Adorded possesses a bass that guides the song int the beginning. The guitar sounds like something taken out of a Hair metal page. The vocals are sung in a way that makes them feel spread out and build excitement. Once the guitar takes it over there's no stopping the momentum of this band and they go out with a great outro. She Bangs the Drums opens with a cool bass line that then gets layered by a beautiful guitar riff that makes you see rainbows. This song makes you wanna go surfing or go dancing because it’s so upbeart. Then the transition to the chorus is so smooth. The vocals exemplify perfection and go too well with the instruments. Got to wait for the solo that takes us back to the main verse so that we can start all over again. Don't you feel like banging some drums after hearing this song? The drum beat is way too catchy. Waterfall manages to keep such a relaxed rhythm that sounds like these guys have been making albums for years. The guitar notes are written out so smoothly, I feel like I'm in the middle of a large crowd at an outdoor arena. Don’t Stop is a trippy song that makes you go threw a time warp that leads to riding a horse to go save your lady. It’s very wavy and neat. Bye Bye Badman is so calming. Amazing vocals and instrumentals to match the voice. The tone is comforting throughout and the guitar has flawless flow. When I hear this song my brain fires off chemicals that just soothe me. The fast tempo that comes out of nowhere is defining how great a band this is. The solo that comes in is mightily impressive.
    Made of Stone has delicate guitar strokes and a chorus that is kind of catchy. Feels like you get shot from a rocket I am Resurrection is one powerful 8 minute song some of the best vocals. They go into an jam and is gives you the most rewarding feeling because it's the last song that proves to be one of the best on an already outstanding record. The drums create the adrenaline rush, while the guitar is a preview of what is to come in the next decade. This is one album you should listen to in your lifetime and up there as one of the best from its decade.

My rating: 9.5

Second Coming (1994)
    Over 5 years later The Stone Roses released their highly anticipated second studio album. This album is a little different than their first record as the band tries out a new funky sound. There's a safari sounding intro to open up this album. The song is Breaking Into Heaven and thanks to the drums creating suspense an expectation arises that another awesome album is in store. 80s hair metal guitar comes out of nowhere. They then bring in the funk and catchy main bridge. Brown's singing doesn’t blow me away like it did 5 years ago but Squire's guitar is certainly memorable. Such a long song, multiple solos, reminds me of Led Zeppelin in a way. Definitely a great song to begin. Driving South has really good guitar throughout but the vocals aren’t really fun and it feels kind of country feeling to me. Daybreak is a big drum break down song. They sound like they're trying to be a funky Oasis and it just isn't really working for me. I really don't know what they're trying to do with this song, it almost sounds improvised. Straight] to the Man is hilariously bad. Sounds like we’re gonna have to go milk some cows in a Picasso painting. Those sound effects are really annoying and the singing is horrible. Begging You is super fast, and I like this sound much better. You can move your body to it, and the rhythm of it is great. Tightrope is just too slow. Tears is more what I like to hear. It's got a more sophisticated sound and borrow a few notes from Bon Jovi for sure. I really like the sound of How Do You Sleep's guitar throughout. All the singles are mediocre except Love Spreads which is a pretty good guitar and jam song. John Squire took lead as this album's main writer and failed pretty bad. We still don't know if they'll overcome their sophomore slump.

My rating: 6.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern