Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1596

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
    The first few moments of this song are pretty exciting. A little siren goes off, and then the giant ass drum provides such a sick drop, and then there's a gasp for air. The transition to those high vocals in the chorus are pretty exciting and energetic That viola adds a little a chinese sound to add some uniqueness to the band. The chorus of this song is the best part, the vocals from Dan Reynolds are super energetic. Tiptoe is a good followup song. It starts off dark and turns into one dance song. I love the harmony on vocals when everyone shouts "Hey yeah". The rhythm of this is just simply you can dance to and makes you feel elevated. "I won't fall asleep," into the chorus is the highlight. The first time I heard It's Time I was wasn't impressed. The 5th time I still wasn't impressed. By probably time 30 I fell in love with this song. The drum tempo is something to clap your hands to and it gets drilled into your head with that 1--2-3-1-2-3 beat.. The guitar looping in this song really is catchy. The lyrics make you feel bigger than life, but also bring you down because they feel so real. "I'm never changing who I am," is my favorite line. The big clapping part and group vocalization into the outro where there's that long guitar note goes so nice with the chorus. I'll admit Demons sounds like The Fray at first, however Dan transitions out of this to some lovely vocals. Amerstam is a favorite of mine for some reason. I like his tone of voice and the guitar a lot because it flows so nicely, and then that small clapping break into the chorus is quite pleasing. Hear Me is kind of like the song before, only you hear some synth action. Dan really breaks down the words in this. "From the floor to the sky," and so on are just some groovy lines. The guitar reminds me of Hot Fuss Killers, while the fast rhythm this song breaks into could be compared to a lot of energetic bands. I guarantee you'll at least tap your foot to this song. Underdog is a little too poppy for my taste as the synth makes the song a little too bubbly. Nothing Left to Say just ends this album the way it needed to. The vocals have a certain grudge in them and the instruments give me chills. I enjoy this album because their songs cover all kinds of emotions and their music is really down to earth. To be honest I'm going to their show more to see Atlas Genius but i'm happy I get to see these guys too. I'd rank Dan's vocals towards the top in 2012 releases.

My rating: 7.25
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Thanks. I'll check it out at very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

MaybeSheWill- I Was Here For a Moment, Then I Was Gone
    The opening track really gets my adrenaline rushing with that drum and piano, which then gets layered with the violin and background singing. That transition to Take This To Heart creates one huge explosion. The guitar just eats my face off. MaybeSheWill goes pretty hardcore in this song. Something about the piano and violin just spiral my feelings out of control. It makes me feel pretty angry, and it's really the lead guitar that provides that huge boost of energy, while everything else has a pretty calm sound. Red Paper Lanterns is another sick. The guitar riffs are so amazing, while the other sounds make you feel like you're in outer space. The tempo of these songs makes me pay attention to every single second, while every instrument plays an important role. An End To Camaraderie is another big guitar jam. Things will slow down for a moment, but then the tone will suddenly pick up again. The piano adds fine detail, and the drummer adds an explosion every second during the fury. Flames shooting off would go well to this song live. Words for Arabella begins with some calm horns and that feeling that you're almost to the top of a mountain. They added some clapping and drums for effect, but this is relatively one of the most relaxing songs on this record. Relative Minors and To The Skies From A Hillside end this album on a good note. For the first minute of Relative Minors it's just simply a piano led song making it feel like snowflakes are falling. After that the guitar comes in and steal's the spotlight but then it goes back to the piano, which makes me say damn this is some awesome orchestrated stuff. The final song is just epic, and leaves a good taste in my mouth. My opinion on post-rock has changed if there's more bands out there like these guys because there were 2 at Coachella earlier this year that I can't get into.

My rating: 8.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

You should review frozen pizzas and off-brand sodas for awhile. Start with Tony's Crispy Crust and Shasta Cola.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post

MaybeSheWill- I Was Here For a Moment, Then I Was Gone
    The opening track really gets my adrenaline rushing with that drum and piano, which then gets layered with the violin and background singing. That transition to Take This To Heart creates one huge explosion. The guitar just eats my face off. MaybeSheWill goes pretty hardcore in this song. Something about the piano and violin just spiral my feelings out of control. It makes me feel pretty angry, and it's really the lead guitar that provides that huge boost of energy, while everything else has a pretty calm sound. Red Paper Lanterns is another sick. The guitar riffs are so amazing, while the other sounds make you feel like you're in outer space. The tempo of these songs makes me pay attention to every single second, while every instrument plays an important role. An End To Camaraderie is another big guitar jam. Things will slow down for a moment, but then the tone will suddenly pick up again. The piano adds fine detail, and the drummer adds an explosion every second during the fury. Flames shooting off would go well to this song live. Words for Arabella begins with some calm horns and that feeling that you're almost to the top of a mountain. They added some clapping and drums for effect, but this is relatively one of the most relaxing songs on this record. Relative Minors and To The Skies From A Hillside end this album on a good note. For the first minute of Relative Minors it's just simply a piano led song making it feel like snowflakes are falling. After that the guitar comes in and steal's the spotlight but then it goes back to the piano, which makes me say damn this is some awesome orchestrated stuff. The final song is just epic, and leaves a good taste in my mouth. My opinion on post-rock has changed if there's more bands out there like these guys because there were 2 at Coachella earlier this year that I can't get into.

Glad you enjoyed the album, it's one of my favs.

You should review Maylene and the Sons of Disaster: II if you have time.

Thanks again.
    Originally Posted by Lotus
    What is lulz?? Lol!

Digitalism - DJ Kicks
    The opening song Axel Le Baron & Kurbatov by Menace is a combination of electronic sounds and a furious guitar. It sounds audio that would go well to the Power Rangers. 83 is just a solid dancing song. The beat is your typical thump thump thump. Brain Leach is like something you'd hear from Moving Units which is synth pop and groovy sounds. Summer is pretty mediocre. The Sun by Whomadewho remix had me lost in this 1980s electronic world. The sounds were very lighthearted and had elements of new wave. Sommer reminded me of the soundtrack that'd go to a video game when you're stuck at a certain part and you hear the same annoying song over and over. The remix of Sail Away was not bad, but if I liked the Rapture more in the first place maybe I'd enjoy that song. I couldn't really figure out what Digitalism were aiming for, I was expecting some sick mixes, but all I really heard were drops and didn't really feel the energy.

My rating: 5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    You should review frozen pizzas and off-brand sodas for awhile. Start with Tony's Crispy Crust and Shasta Cola.
    Jeno's > all frozen pizzas in both flavor and price range.

Safeway Select Generic cream soda > all

these are universal truths

PIZZA REVUS
    Jeno's Pizza - 10, flawless pizza, would give 11 if I could for the "Pizza Taco" ingenuity

Red Baron Pizza - 6, often burns tongue, can't review highly after that.

Digiorno - 7 Too doughy, too mainstream

CPK - Thin Crust White Pizza - 8 Cooked well, fast and not too gassy.

SODAS
    Safeway Select Generic Cream Soda - 10. Flawless offbrand soda.

RC Cola - 8, little sweeter than Coke, less sweet than Pepsi, clean looking label design

I really want Mugwog's board title to be Pizza Revus
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Warren G - Regulate...G Funk Era
    Regulate... G Funk Era is the debut album by Warren G. Probably the greatest song you'll ever hear from Warren G is the first song on this album. How does Regulate do it? Well look at the beat, it's a super chill bass sound, some funky whistling, and a keyboard that is just pimping. Nate Dogg and Warren G sing in such a tone that is easy to make fun and do a thousand parodies too, but this song is just easy to dig. Do You See has that irritating noise to start it off, but once the turntable spinning sound comes in and the bass take over this makes one nice hip hop song. The song is basically about Snoop Dogg at 1 point, which is pretty cool. So Many Ways is something I want to like because god damn that chicks voice who repeats the same line over and over, but everything is good enough on this song that the result is me liking it. This D.J. is one of the other great songs. Everyone is a motherfucker, the music is pimping and the lyrics tell us why Warren G is the man. Then that stereotypical deep voice side kick comes in and tells us why he thinks Warren G is cool. I think What's Next is underrated. He mentions Dr. Dre and the beat is one of the best, and the pacing of his rapping is a lot different, he raps a lot faster which is a nice change.

My rating: 7.75
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    SAME GREAT TASTE IN PIZZA, SAME GREAT TASTE IN SIGS - CAN WE BE ANY WRONGER?

1. Dominos
    2. Pizza Hut
    3. Costco
    4. Papa Johns
    5. Little Caesars

Funny thing is Dominos used to be the worst, but that change in recipe really revived them
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

NEWZFLASH!

THEKLEIN25 DOES NOT KNOW FROZEN PIZZAS!

CREDIBILITY OUT THE WINDOW

Can local and/or regional pizza be added to this conversation?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Look guys, the user clearly wanted reviews on FROZEN pizza, fresh pizza is out of the question.

SO TECHNICALLY DOMINOS IS STILL IN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Look guys, the user clearly wanted reviews on FROZEN pizza, fresh pizza is out of the question.

SO TECHNICALLY DOMINOS IS STILL IN.
    Trader Joe's Frozen pizzas or nothing!

Theme night listing:

The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Interesting - I will review before the end of the year, along with TJ's fruit punch soda AKA generic Hawaiian punch

TJ's BBQ Chicken Pizza. It's all you need.

Theme night listing:

Unfortunately, I will have to have you do a guest review as I have gone pescetarian this year.

Petition to change the thread title to "theklein25 reviews albums and Mugwog revues other things as well"

REVUS

theklein25 does not give the board what it wants, just like our government lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Petition to change the title of the thread to "What it Wants, Just like Our Government, lol"

We already talked about David Lynch, but I thought this was one strange string of songs. Pinky's Dream is pretty easy to follow. It's pretty much just Karen O singing about Pinky to a steady rhythm. Good Day Today has a quick beat and throughout the song the strange voice, which will make many appearances on this album, continues to insist this. Noah's Ark is strange. There's not much to say about it except that it's weird. All I got out of it is the beat. I Know is just another bizarre track, while on Strange And is just 7 minutes of that strange voice talking. Stone's Gone Up was one of the few I really liked. I enjoyed the electronic beat and effect of the guitar. The rhythm was a lot better and I finally felt more comfortable. Crazy Clown Time is just annoying, and She Rise Up was the perfect last track. I felt like I was floating away to heaven. Interesting but strange music to say the least.

My rating: 6
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Duke Ellington - The Legendary Duke Ellington

Rx Bandits - ...And the Battle Begub
    ...And the Battle Begun is the 5th studio album by Rx Bandits. This album kicks things off right away with the title track ...And the Battle Begun It's got the ska energy, power riffs and I like the vocals from Matthew Embree. The lyrics actually tell you to get ready to dance, and all the instruments add a nice feel to this song. The song transforms from a chill song into this hardcore alternative song. The guitar solo is very unique and changes the whole dynamic of the song. In Her Drawer is another energetic and fun song. The horns set the atmosphere. A killer vibe is set by the jamming they do. My favorite song is Only for the Night The vocals on the win me over, especially the emphasis on the main chorus. 1980 is a fun song with some good moments, and Epoxi-lips proves to be one of the more complete songs by having the ska feel but also a more relaxed mood during the calm piano verse. Crushing Destroyer is the perfect name or this track because really all they do is melt your face off and jam hard. Rx Bandits provide everything you want from a ska record and contribute great vocals and enjoyment.

My rating: 7.5
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Burial - Untrue
    Archangel is a very good song to get Untrue started. The sampled vocals add swag to this dark mysterious music. Near Dark sounds like a bunch of clocks and watches ticking, while someone is trying to hammer a nail in wood. The song is just spooky, but well strung. I think someone is saying "I can take my clothes off." Endorphin sounds like a rainy day mixed with a little kid yelling at you to walk towards her in the chruch so that when you're close enough she will eat your head off. The beat in Untrue is fresh and pretty cool. The singing goes well with the song, and really the song is quiet besides the drum beat and what sounds like paper getting crinkled makes this song unique. For some reason a lot of these songs sound like they were recorded on a rainy day. I thought Raver is the most danceable track on this album. The engineering effects and the singing made this song fun and just groovy. The production in this album was mastered very well. Everything just has a nice feel to it and the mastering of the samples helped this album sound so good. I had no idea whether this was dance music or just experimental ambient music. Either way this music completely takes over.

Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?
    This is the third album released by The Unicorns in 2003 who go on to brake up in 2004. I Don't Wanna Die sounds like we're entering the circus or just tripping on drugs. Either way I picture The Simpsons introduction where we're in the clouds and then move down. The song definitely has a lot of paranoia in it. Ghost Mountain has a pretty cool intro. The keyboards make this feel like a lot indie rock I've heard and the singing is alright. A somewhat respectable beat is thrown in there. Sea Ghost has a cool flute intro. It breaks into the best song on the album with a great sound out of the guitar and stuff you can singalong to. The timing in it is so good and the tune of it isn't so soft. Child Star has that whole hate thing going on. I Was Born (a Unicorn) is a great song. The guitar has a fun rhythm. Catchy lyrics. They pick up the energy and will start yelling and jamming. I have no idea what's going on in the first 30 seconds in Tuff Luff but I thought it was bad. It gets better with the whistle however, and becomes an alright song. There was a lot of hate in Child Star, which is pretty funny since maybe they meant it. Les Os has a wild keyboard intro and never slows down. I like the faster rhythm. Throughout the album the singing by Nicholas Thorburn was either hit or miss for me. The Unicorns did use a wide variety of instruments, which helped make their songs have a better sound and add excitement in the intros and buildup to main sections.

My rating: 7.25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Are you on vacation?

Yup. All I can say is soon...
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern