Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1597

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

Jonathan Richman - I, Jonathan
    Really wasn't sure if this was a serious album, a parody or just a comedic rock album. Something about that opening song Parties in the USA sounded a lot like that one song from Grease. I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me, or he just straight up ripped off that song, and used his own lyrics. Velvet Underground explore bluegrass. Hopefully I'm thinking of the right genre. It's a pretty relaxing tune that would be nice to hear on a windy day. Wasn't really feeling I Was Dancing in the Lesbian Bar at first, but once the drums kicked in it became my jam. I liked the chorus and the lyrics amused me. Richman certainly had a nice voice, but really this is something you got to be in the mood for. I got some kicks out of it. Too often I felt like I was being dragged into the bar.

My rating: 6.5

Glad you somewhat liked it. You didn't dig That Summer Feeling? One damn amazing song. Same with A Higher Power.

I'll revisit it. Felt kinda slow. The instrumentals didn't blow me away. I have to find the other album you requested

I feel ya, just take note on the songwriting. Captures nostalgia so well. I'll shoot you a pm with a link in a sec!

Toys That Kill - Fambly 42

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Boyracer - Happenstance
    Many EP's and many lineup changes is the scoop on this group Boyracer. Where to Place Your Trust? is the first good song. The drum beat of the whole thing is good, and the little guitar riffs are cool. Milestones = Milestones is another good early track. I Was a Drummer in Altered Images explores some outer space feeling to it. The thing they're going for appears to be that raw rock n roll sound. On Bleached Grass is my favorite track because it sounded beautiful and gave off this vibe that made it very calming and something I could enjoy. What impressed me the most was the song flow, even the weakest songs still followed the previous track well, so traveling in a straight line the whole time was a nice feeling. Didn't really sound like they were aiming for that standout track, but focused on the whole picture and experimenting with sounds.

My rating: 6.75

Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine
    It may sound like there's 4 members in this band, but it's only made up of Sebastien Grainger (drums/vocals) and Jesse F. Keeler (bass/synthesizer). They in my opinion took a spin on noise rock by adding some elements in it that make you want to mosh and dance. Turn It Out has the scariest intro. First there's those ten seconds of build up and anticipation. After that Keeler comes in and makes you feel like you're getting steamrolled. The heart of the song is quite empowering. The bass is tearing it up, and you can tell the drums are being pounded on. Romantic Rights is the best because the bass is super heavy, but groovy. The rhythm of it actually makes this a dance song. The synth eventually loops in and this becomes quite a track. Grainger is killing it on the vocals. One of the best rhythms they ever came up with. Blood On Your Hands is another song that has some dance to it. This track possesses some awesome synthesizer action, and the main chorus is catchy to sing along to. The outro is amazing. It almost sounds like listening to John Mayer or something and then it transitions perfectly into Black History Month, the song with so much swag to it and makes you feel like you're the best man on the street. Sexy Results simply put is quite the sexy song. The timing of the riffs makes me want to turn my head back and forth because I feel like somethings behind me. They then make it become quite the song to move around to. It's not really a hardcore song, but more of a pop song kind of. Throughout most this album thanks to the heavy bass I feel like I'm inside a factory. There's not a single weak track on the album, and the assembly of it was packaged so well. Such a great flow. Great production as well, though thanks to editing it's possible for your drummer to sing. Live is a more incredible story.

My rating: 8.5

Tiny Tim - God Bless Tiny Tim
    Hasil Adkins - Out To Hunch
    Various Artists - No New York
    Pussy Galore - Groovy Hate Fuck
    Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician
    The Electric Eels - God Says Fuck You
    Chrome - Half Machine Lip Moves
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

VigoTheCarpathian

hahahahahaha

Make up - I Want Some
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
    Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
    Nirvana - From The Muddy Banks of Wishka
    Nirvana - Unplugged NYC
    Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
    Last edited by Mugwog; 11-06-2012 at 06:42 PM.

can we go a litttle easier on the requests in the future? that way everyone can get their requests in reasonable time. like 4 tops on the queue

Yeah, stop requesting 5 albums at a time, dumbfucks.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Fuck you, review.

im still waiting on gg allin no rush dawg

u really want me to review him? i did 1 in the past. i'll do it tomorrow. remind me to take some advil

Cat Power - The Covers Record
    I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by Cat Power sounds nothing like the Rolling Stones version I love. Not only was this album incredibly boring, but it was just her singing and piano playing. I guess it's one thing if you like Cat Power's voice and get touched by her music. However, I have no emotional connections to her music, so I was bored throughout. I Found a Reason may have been the most beautiful song on the radio because the whole setting of it is wonderful. In This Hole is such an egotistical move. She did a cover of her own song? What does that even imply? Don't bother asking me what I remember because it'll all be forgotten.

My rating: 4

Golden Throats: The Great Celebrity Sing Off
    Just what I wanted to hear. Celebrities I could care less about singing karaoke. Might as well put on Dancing with the Stars too or some shit. Oh cool Andy Griffith butchered House of the Rising Sun a song I really like. Frankie Randall thinks he can sing I Can See For Miles? No he sounds pathetic. Hopefully Golden Throats has perished like Enron. Give a Nicolas Cage performance or something. A 1988 covers record is so geared towards my interests. It's really sad that I'd get more enjoyment out of American Idol. Might as well start watching Glee too just so I can verify this album being the worst of the worst cover records/compilations .

My rating: 2.5

u really want me to review him? i did 1 in the past. i'll do it tomorrow. remind me to take some advil
    oh wait u did? lemme go back and look. n/m for the time being i guess

Most of the recommendations are some of the shittiest releases everyone can think of or albums that just about everyone in the world who remotely enjoys music likes.

Everyone is an idiot and I have no idea why theklein reviews half the shit you all through out.

I would still like thekleins opinion on a Here We Go Magic album. But I'll be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Everyone is an idiot and I have no idea why theklein reviews half the shit you all through out.
    I swear to god dude I can't stop laughing right now

It's all part of the fun of this thread. I don't think Klein minds reviewing those albums.

I'll have at least all this done before Friday is over.

Blind Melon - Nico
    King Crimson- Lizard
    Tool's Lateralus
    ∆nima
    Puff Daddy - No Way Out
    Boards of Canada - Geogaddi
    Here We Go Magics' A Different Ship

I would like to commend theklein25 for making the time to listen to all these albums, and then reviewing them. Especially doing more than one a day. It has to be time consuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Thank you. I probably spend more time than I realize. it's fun when there's a lot to write about

Most of the recommendations are some of the shittiest releases everyone can think of or albums that just about everyone in the world who remotely enjoys music likes.

This.

Golden Throats: The Great Celebrity Sing Off
    Just what I wanted to hear. Celebrities I could care less about singing karaoke. Might as well put on Dancing with the Stars too or some shit. Oh cool Andy Griffith butchered House of the Rising Sun a song I really like. Frankie Randall thinks he can sing I Can See For Miles? No he sounds pathetic. Hopefully Golden Throats has perished like Enron. Give a Nicolas Cage performance or something. A 1988 covers record is so geared towards my interests. It's really sad that I'd get more enjoyment out of American Idol. Might as well start watching Glee too just so I can verify this album being the worst of the worst cover records/compilations .

My rating: 2.5
    What? No love for Shatner's stirring version of "Mr. Tamborine Man?" Thanks for enduring that.

I'm requesting a review of Vangelis' Blade Runner soundtrack - the 1994 release or the three disc 25th anniversary edition... either way.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

My guess is even for some of the classics he hasn't heard them. I don't really request things for the review: I like having someone listen to good music that they might otherwise never have heard. theklein might have been a Bob Mould/Husker Du/Sugar fan before, but my gut says he wasn't. I don't know if he is now, but I'm glad that he enjoyed the albums I had him listen to because it means he at least might listen to them again and someone else will like some good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Yes I had not heard Bob Mould's work before. Those were great picks. I plan on listening to them sometime again the future