Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
    The fourth studio album served to be the most important album in Muse's career because though they proved themselves in Europe they had to legitimize themselves in the USA with this record. The opening track Take a Bow does not have a piano intro. Instead it's a fast paced guitar riff that makes the room feel completely blue for some reason. I also like to imagine torches all around that react to the timbre of the song. This song is incredibly neat and I'd like to see it performed at the Hollywood Bowl with the whole audience bowing. The downfall feeling created by the guitar and synth is my favorite part. Starlight was their ticket into getting chicks to dig them. The piano is so pleasant and the lyrics are so romantic. When the song picks up Muse shows they're not going soft on us. Probably one of their greatest creations. Supermassive Black Hole has always had one of the cheesiest guitar rhythms, and I have never thought the song was that great. I do like the background sound effects and Chris when he sings. Map of the Problematique reminds me of older Muse and it's probably my favorite song on the album. The piano and guitar gel too good together. The singing is great, I feel like I'm trapped inside a clock that has just been dropped. Soldier's Poem and Invincible aren't very good and Assassin is a notable track because of the guitar playing, that opening riff frustrates me in a way but I also like it, then it turns into a jam. Glorious is another track I enjoy because it has nice flow. Finally Knights of Cydonia is the greatest outo song on Muse's career. You hear horses neighing and then the singing and spacey guitar makes it sound like a futuristic cowboy showdown. The song then becomes more spectacular by diving into this all out guitar ballad that sounds so haunting and unique. 2 minutes in Matt starts singing and the drum beat makes me feel like I'm galloping on a horse going a hundred miles a hour. How can you not like the singing part where they say "You and I must fight to survive" and then the transition to a nasty guitar solo. This album has some of Muse's best songs and singles but it fails to be the most balanced album.

My rating: 7.75

Muse - The Resistance
    Now that Muse has cemented their place in the rock world it would take a terrible record for them to start losing fans. Uprising as the opening tracks creates some very good energy. The guitar lines are very catchy and the lyrics are alright but "Fat cat has a heart attack" is the best line. The solo serves as a nice breakdown and the song gets me excited for what's next. The title track Resistance is not only the best song one album, but it brings back those slow sounds effects heard in Citizen Erased. This is one of my favorite drumming creations by Dominic. "Love is a resistance...our lips must always be sealed" is one of my favorite phrases to sing. The second half of the song shreds out of nowhere. There's some good unity in the singing, the guitar really picks up and Matt puts more emphasis in his vocals. Undisclosed Desires serves as a good followup with it's fun rhythm. They're performing at a new pace, yet the production sounds more advanced then ever and the song probably could have made the radios if they cared more. United States of Eurasia is Muse going Queen and Coldplay on us at the same time. The timing changes in the song are kind of weird. The positives of this song is how nice it sounds and I like the concept of the song. The piano outro is too much, and then Guiding Light might just be the most boring song that Muse ever created relative to this time period. Unnatural Selection sounds like you're about to board the haunted mansion, then Matt just shreds the guitar, then there's the slow drug trip breakdown which may not be necessary but it's still cool. MK Ultra is pretty much the sequel to the previous track, but I think the guitar playing is just superb on this album. I Belong to You (+Mon cœur s'ouvre a ta voix) has an excellent piano rhythm that belongs on so many commercials. The vocals are great too. The Exogenisis part I never really understood because regular songs would have been better. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture) should have been the opening track without a doubt. Reminds me of Take a Bow. The song removes gravity as Muse songs often do. During the Resistance tour I can't think of a better song to start off with it was incredible. There's one really weak track on this album besides that Muse changes their style up some but continues with more amazing alternative rock.

My rating: 8

So Resistance > Black Holes? lol

also...

8 8.5 9 7.75 8

Oh yeah Resistance is a better album without question.

Currently have no reviews on queue

The Anniversary - Your Majesty

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

The Presets - Pacifica

The Orwells - Remember When

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Skee lo-I wish

Skrillex - Bangarang

7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Frozen Corpses Stuff With Dope

last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

GG Allin - Rock'n'Roll Terrorist (2 discs, available on Spotify)

alright sweet. I'm excited to review these including that Skrillex one. There will be another band that I plan on reviewing their entire discography next week.

Muse's first 3 albums were great, then they started to decline. Once BHAR came around, which is still a pretty good album. They started going more into pop rock and overproducing their music. I really hope their next album they just go back to the basics and dump all this new electronic and choir singing in the backround nonsense.

Faith No More - Angel Dust
    Mr Bungle - California
    Peeping Tom - S/T
    Tomahawk - S/T

Boredoms - Chocolate Synthesizer
    Parts and Labor - Mapmaker
    Rapeman - Two Nuns and a Pack Mule
    Led Zeppelin - II
    Alexander "Skip" Spence - Oar
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Source Tags & Codes
    D'Angelo - Voodoo
    Little Dragon - Little Dragon

The Halo Benders - The Rebels Not In

The Field - Looping State of Mind

The Anniversary - Your Majesty
    Emo rock has never sounded more happier. A cool drum beat to open up then turns into a pretty simple catchy song. I'm not sure how much I liked the piano in this song because it may have watered it down a little bit, had they focused more on the guitar it probably could have been better. For a song called Peace, Pain, & Regret it sure doesn't sound that depressing. The beginning is pretty synthy. The vocals kind of sound like a mellow Joe Strummer. Soon the song gets kind of poppy and it almost sounds like one of your holiday shopping songs if you ignore the content of the lyrics. The backup female vocalists add an element to this album. They add that soul feel. Never Die Young also has a Christmas feeling with those jingle bells. The song starts to sound more like a rock song as soon as the other instruments kick in. This song might have the most energy emitted by the vocalist. Pretty emo lyrics, but yet again the synth and drums make this song upbeat. Devil on my Side has the cool experimental stuff, so check that one out as well. They managed to keep entertained throughout. Pretty interesting how collective the singer remains throughout, maybe show a little more enthusiasm in the future.

My rating: 7.5

The Presets - Pacifica
    This is the third studio album by the Australian duo The Presets, although it's the first one I've heard. Promises is ridiculously poppy and so light hearted which I found interesting because the first track Youth In Trouble which sounds like the theme song to a vampire rave. At least Promises will promise to be a crowd energizer that's gonna cause the crowd to just up and down with those enchanting drum beats. How about that song It's Cool. Am I listening to a dance song because the feeling I get is the same feeling I'd get if I was stood up. Fast Seconds brings back that rave music feeling, and believe it's one of the best songs on the album, it's got a little Chemical Brothers in it. I think for an electronic album it has too many genres within it because I couldn't tell if they're trying to appeal to a more pop based crowd or house music. Still enjoyed this album because it made me feel like I was in a different country.

My rating: 7

The Orwells - Remember When
    When I listen to The Orwells I can't tell if they're going for the old school 1960s rock or just trying to get by as a garage band. Fire the singer and this band might have some potential because the bass was bumping at times and guitar as heard in Under the Flowers could really get this band somewhere. Mallrats (La La La) without question was the highlight of the album. The song is super energetic and the microphone effects actually made the singing tolerable. I just want to run around to this wild expedition that this track creates. In My Bed is a decent song and reminds me of some good garage punk. I hear a little Nirvana in this song. A song with Halloween in its name is going to always excite me because it's my favorite holiday but boy was this song terrible. Was the singer on heroine when they were recording this? He sounds so out of it and how could the producer allow this screaming to fly by? My ears were ready to go deaf on me because the sounds were just that annoying. Every other track I feel is safe to say not even worth mentioning.

My rating: 4.5

Skee-Lo - I Wish
    The reason that the track I Wish is so popular because it's as catchy as can be. The lyrics are so good, and the whistling, turntable, and beat all make a combination that make this track an original and superior rap song. The chorus is something I can relate to because I want to be a little bit taller and a baller. You Ain't Down is another where you're like damn shit just got real. I really don't know who he's rapping about but be careful guy because you sure angered Skee-Lo. This is what 90's rap is all about trying to have the most creative sounds along with a beat. Top of the Stairs has so much going on with all the sound effects. I think this track was well designed. I can't really tell if he's trying to sound hardcore or just have fun rapping because The Burger Song was something a 5th grader could come up with. Very solid rapping that was inviting and never boring.

My rating: 7

I'm a little surprised you disliked The Orwells album so much. I really dig it.

The chorus is something I can relate to because I want to be a little bit taller and a baller.
    lulz

Diarrhea Planet 2015

REQUEST
    The Presets - Apocalypto

Enya - Watermark
    Sleepy Hollow Soundtrack
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Salt N Pepa - Very Necessary

Skrillex - Bangarang
    Whether you like him or not Skrillex rapidly built a fan base in the early half of 2011, so it wasn't a shock that lots of people would be listening to this E.P. Bangarang. The opening track Right In I can already tell is going to be hilarious. The sad part is that there are some effects in this song that actually sound good. The problem is the song changes it's tempo every 5 seconds. It sounds like a person with turrets handling the turntables. The chick making her noises, then the heavy synth keys and then farting turntable dupstep shit is all just one silly song. I actually like the start to the song Bangarang because the rapping in the beginning is actually exciting. I also like the intro because I know Skrillex is seconds away from putting his awful touch on the song. For some reason I just picture myself at a younger age being trapped in a jollyjump with a bunch of kids and then we escape and start throwing cake at all the adults because they suck. The song is trying to be as epic as possible but he doesn't draw me in with those repetitive sound effects. The Devil's Den I can only imagine is the equivalence of rape in prison. I felt like shit after this song. The stupid singing and the terrible instruments drove me nuts. I guess Breakn' a Sweat features The Doors but I really don't buy it. Right on Time are you serious? Calling other stuff from Skrillex music is hard enough, but there is no way in hell you can call this a song. This is a guy talking with shitty sound effects. There’s no true pacing. This is a nightmare, the guy can do what he pleases and these shitheads will buy it. It disgusts me that a popular critic gave this album an A-, while to me all I hear is one poor excuse for electronic music.

My rating: 3

I don't think anything resembling turntables was used in the production of that.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Frozen Corpses Stuff With Dope
    What has 38 tracks and is only 33 minutes long? This album. What album is pretty unbearable and really difficult to follow along to? This album. If you want to spend a half hour listening to some dude screaming and yelling to the same pounding and heavy riffs then this album is for you. I can't even highlight a single track because they're all the same sounding to me. Sad part is I listened to this album 3 times and still got nowhere. This review is about as good as the album because there's not much left to talk about. Pretty sure this guy wrote these songs while on the toilet during his phase of constipation.

My rating: 2

Wonderful, thank you.
    last.fm

Not sure if you expected a negative review from me, or I let you down

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    GG Allin - Rock'n'Roll Terrorist (2 discs, available on Spotify)
    This guy again?