Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

I would like to change up the thread idea a tad. Could you please review any and/or all of this guy's movies?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

VigoTheCarpathian

hahahahaha please sir please

If I make until January the most fun thing will be reviewing a lot of the Coachella 2013 artists' albums by request

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I would like to change up the thread idea a tad. Could you please review any and/or all of this guy's movies?
    I'd rather not

VigoTheCarpathian

That would be so righteous dude. Though, in the mean time, would you consider reviewing a p.r. teo flick. It's kind of important.

Why? Is this good horror or a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    I'd rather not
    Let's face it, this thread has become pretty stagnant. You need to go out there kid, give the people what they want
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Is that the real guy that you sigged?

Yeah I realize the light bulbs are burning out in this thread, but it could easily get revived if people want me to review Christmas albums, Halloween stuff, etc. I'm pretty busy so I cant bust out large quantities of reviews like I use to, but hopefully I get at least one entertaining one out there per week along with the rest.

VigoTheCarpathian

Rudy! Rudy!

klein now that you reviewed their first major album please take a listen to their latest release Weapons and provide a comparative analysis between the two

due by week's end

VigoTheCarpathian

I personally enjoyed the reviews I received. They were unabashed but not outlandish. There is a reason you've been asked to review so many albums, besides that your opinions are quite different than many of ours. I bet you're a pretty normal and adjusted guy. Do you know what kind of people these boardies are? Weirdos. Freaks. Sex Fiends. It's ugly man
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 10-10-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Then you meet them at Coachella. Even scarier.

Is it wrong that I looked for p.r. teo's movies on netflix?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

He apparently directed some music videos for Combichrist. Seems fitting.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Cannibal Ox- Cold Vein
    The best way to summarize Cold Vein would be to say this is rap and nothing more. Ox Out the Cage has a darker sound to it. Sounds like a prison song because it's a little too hardcore for me. Atom has a lot of cool sound effects. Kind of like combining cell phone games and a turntable. The rapping itself doesn't really impress me on this track, sounds almost stereotypical. Honestly I think the best part of each song was the first 5 seconds because the opening sound effects tended to be really cool. The F-Word sounds like one of those career maker songs. Something about it made it one of the duo's best songs. Lyrics are fun to follow along to and it's got that cool beat. This style of hip hop is a little too thick for me to fully enjoy. I'm not into the rapping so much as I am into hearing sick beats and catchy lyrics

My rating: 6.5

Brian Eno - Another Green World
    This album is probably up there as one of the biggest growers I've ever listened to. The opening track Sky Saw has a funky bass line and that strange heavy string sound. The track never really changes and remains in that constant repetition. Then there's the chill track St. Elmo's Fire. That piano carries the song until the electirc guitar swoops in and steals the show with the wild solos. This song kind of has a classical Irish feel to it. The environment set up is a nice spring day with a bright blue sky. Each track flows into the other even when there's a big difference in the mood. Brian Eno is one of the best producers out there, so he knows what he's doing. I really enjoy the track Becalmed because it feels kind of gloomy. The song really starts off quiet and the slowness of the piano makes it something to reflect on your life to. I could see it being used in a film scene in a variety of ways but for me there'd have to be pouring rain and a guy professing his love to this girl after some event almost separated them. Everything Merges With the Night is a good song to be one of the closing tracks because it starts off pretty black and white, but gains some color as the song progresses. Took me 5 listens to understand Another Green World, but I hear the creativity a lot more now.

My rating: 8.5

Diarrhea Planet - Loose Jewels
    If 70's & 80's punk rock is your thing then it's hard for me to see you not liking this band, even if their band name is terrible. They sound very much like The Ramones with a more modern day feel. That song Fauser is a song to check out because you get a cool harmonization, that cool guitar power strumming, a cool solo, and then the there's a big bang to wrap up it all up. I think they are the type of band you look forward to seeing back when Warped Tour was actually respectable and not shitty. Their songs are pretty brief as punk rock songs should be and they get the job done. The singer's voice is not glamorous but he sings with so much energy. You can mosh to every song I'm pretty sure. They have a great guitar player who destroys in Ice Age, and the drummer plays with a vintage zing. Raft Nasty is another standout track with that Airborne Toxic Event opening guitar rift. I've never heard of this band, the internet has barely heard of them, but this was a very good pick. When did this album come out?

My rating: 8.25

Loose Jewels came out in 2011. They have older stuff too, but it is difficult to find. Glad you enjoyed it. Although I do disagree with you about one thing, their name is fantastic.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

SmellyBath

As a man with frequent diarrhea I have to second Lick on their name

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Loose Jewels came out in 2011. They have older stuff too, but it is difficult to find. Glad you enjoyed it. Although I do disagree with you about one thing, their name is fantastic.
    Seriously one of the best band names out there.

Also perfect because we live on a planet that's full of diarrhea.

The Living End - State Of Emergency

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Your reviews are have improved a lot from the beginning of this thread.

The Budos Band - The Budos Band III
    I'm pretty sure I was listening to the soundtrack for a 1970s cop/detective TV show. Funk, soul, and afro-beat are the terms best suited to describe what kind of music this is. It was almost amusing because they're bring back a sound that was much more popular decades ago. Rite of the Ancients goes well as the opener because it sounds like a intro credits song. Just imagine them showing some white cop, and his partner who's a pimp and rocking the fro. All the tracks have these snake and Saharan names, but the music sounds nothing like these titles. It's all straight up this funk 70's music except Nature's Wrath that's kind of snake-charmer like. If each track was a scale of spiciness of salsa I'd have to give them all medium. Good music but the horns can get old pretty fast. They could've done more to get out of a comfort zone.

My rating: 7.25

Lostprophets - Weapons
    After being asked to review Lostprophet's debut album I was then asked to review their most recent release. My comparative thoughts are that neither album is that much better than the other. What I must say is that as a band I think they show progress in production. I noticed that they changed their sound from sounding nu-metal with cool turntables to a more simple alternative. The opening track Bring em' Down is pretty cool because it's heavy and energetic. It's a sound I particularly enjoy hearing. The chorus is cool and the harmonization of the band adds to the effect. Then probably the best transition in this album occurs when they go into We Bring an Arsenal which is even more energetic. The heavy guitar riff and bass line you can stomp your feet too. The bands harmonization in this song is a little more cheesier and do I hear a little Fall Out Boy in then? Each track I really like. A Little Reminder That I'll Never Forget is one that I randomly enjoyed. Maybe it was the soft guitar riff to begin the song, it was kind of a break from all the faster stuff. Something about Weapons makes it a little weaker than Thefakesoundofprogress. I think when they first started they had more of their own identity, but with their newer stuff they're trying to hard to mimic a lot of the popular bands out there. The upside is that the music comes out a little more slick now.

My rating: 6.25

theklein25 reviews....

Friday

wait i thought u already reviewed the new one...discography?

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    wait i thought u already reviewed the new one...discography?
    Yup all of it

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Lida Husik - Evening at the Grange
    I can't find this

The Living End - State of Emergency
    While this Living End album certainly isn't that bad of punk rock, it's not exactly exciting. I felt that I could leave the room if I wanted to for 5 minutes and come back and not even notice the song has changed. The guitar playing of Cheney is the standout of this album because everything is too generic. Into the Red should not have been the last song on the album because a lot of people may not make it to the end and miss out on this fun song with the awesome guitar solo and repetitive punk rock lyrics. Til' the End had a Judas Priest feeling start to it, then transitions into a song with buildup that crashes into something that just isn't satisfying enough. I really like the songs No Way Out and We Want More because it's a sadder sounding song followed by a more upbeat track. Both songs have easy lyrics to sing along to. At least they are one of those punk rock bands where you understand every word the singer is saying. What's on Your Radio? is alright as well, but horrible singing that outweighs the energy from the drums and guitar. I know the Living End for their self-titled which is a step up.

My rating: 6

Muse - Showbiz
    It all starts with a piano which is then accompanied by Dominic's drumming. The opening track Sunburn shows the talent of this British band right off the bat on their debut album Showbiz. The amazing pounding from the bass player Christopher becomes a Muse signature I would say up until the end of Absolution. The guitar solo has a melancholy feel to it and makes it sound like something tragic has occurred. The piano's outro leaves me wanting more. Fillip a thirst quenching song. There is a lot of passion in Matt's voice and they sound like they're on a mission. The notes match the vocals flawlessly. Then piano interlude break in the track is one of those holy shit this is awesome moments. I feel like gravity has vanquished and I'm just floating along to the piano takes you into outer space. Then we're back to the heavy guitar riff that goes back into the awesome chorus. A+ song. Cave has a cool guitar intro, but also an even cooler bass if you pay attention. I like the way Matt projects the lyrics. He's showing attitude and proving to be a legit frontman. Showbiz and Uno are 2 super jam tracks, although I don't think these tracks are as exciting. Sober is the last great song. The song demonstrates more a harmonization effect with the band. There is a lot of chaos ensuing in this track, but all 3 core instruments balance out the track. That synthy guitar solo slices me in half like that Sith Darth Mole The rookie album proves to a great start to the career of Muse, a lot of people don't even pay attention to Showbiz.

My rating: 8

Muse - Origin of Symmetry
    New Born kinda starts off like Showbiz. Piano intro, sounds like a ballerina number drugged out,. Heavier bass this go around. Then the guitar enters and takes you in for one wild joy ride. The guitar solo is awesome as usual, but give credit to Christopher because that bass is overpowering in this song. Bliss might not be the best track, but it's certainly the coolest. Piano intro that turns into electric guitar with the same rhythm. They again manage to create that outer space feel with that synth guitar. Time feels like it's frozen and though the vocals may not be exciting the playing of the instruments is executed flawlessly. Hyper Music sounds like someone trying to start their old beat up car. The bass steals the show, and Matt sounds pretty pissed off. How to describe the following song Plug in Baby. Well the feedback from the guitar in the intro is one way to let the listener know that one of you're of early hits is about to come one. The bass sounds so bouncy like that feeling when you're on a trampoline. The low notes to high notes that Matt sings makes this song so exciting. This might be one of Matt Bellamy's best singing performances. Such an orgasmic feeling song. I swear this song feels like it's 30 seconds. Then we're brought into the extraordinary song Citizen Erased, which to me sounds like premature forms of dubstep. The guitar playing definitely exceeds a lot of the bigger names of that time. Them slowing it down at the 2 minute mark turns this more into a rock ballad instead of an all out metal song. "For one moment I wish you'd hold your stage" is best said in the slowed down reading. It then sets up the return of the heaviness, and a cool solo. When we hit the 5 minute mark I straight up feel like I'm on a small boat drifting through the fog in a swamp with green lights seen off into the distance. The final lines sung by Matt feel like a rebirth and that feeling of knowing what you need to do with your life. Micro Cuts carries on this momentum. Despite some of the strangest singing and howling by Matt who is going full on soprano, the guitar ensues chaos. Envision getting struck by a tsunami or getting buried alive, either way this song makes me feel like I'm about to die. The vocals are so awkward the guitar goes all out in the final 30 seconds. Feeling Good helps put this album back on course after a few songs serve as a detour for me. I think they do a good job at covering this song and adding that Muse sound to it. I like this song in pitch blackness just because I feel more connected to the lyrics and meaning of this song. Origin of Symmetry proves to be an improvement for Muse, as this album is more focused and dynamic. They also stick with a more polished sound that I will point out later.

My rating: 8.5

Muse - Absolution
    For the third straight album in a row Muse starts it off with that piano intro. Apocalypse Please turns out to be weaker then the previous to openers. However, I appreciate the approach of trying to get a more complete piano song in there. Those guitar scales that are thrown in there serve as a shot of adrenaline. The track ends and I hear a strange sound that is unfamiliar. It's a buzzing bass. Time is Running Out proves to be an innovative effort by Muse. Starting off calm and collective, the intensity picks up and soon Matt is raising his voice singing "Time is Running Out." The transition into the buildup is one of my favorite parts of this because of the change of tempo in the drumming. Then the chorus comes in and progresses into Matt singing "ooooOOOoo yeahyeah yeah notes" Probably some of my favorite Muse lyrics, there's also a mini guitar solo in the last 10 seconds. Time is Running Out is my favorite Muse song of all time. Sing for Absolution is a little boring and may be a little flawed, but the album is saved by the emergence of Stockholm Syndrome. The guitar is being strummed at a thousand miles per hour and the song itself is as heavy as you can imagine for Muse. The piano then lightens up the song, and Matt can preserve is a voice for a few moments before yelling. To me I feel like I'm in a metropolitan area seeing nothing but the bright sky and buildings then certain parts of the song turn the day into darkness and then I'm getting struck by hail and rain. Then when the guitar takes over towards the end I'm just sitting there in awe of how powerful this song is. Hysteria showcases one of Muse's total complete packages. The bass in this song is really hard to top. It's so fluid that you could ignore the guitar and still enjoy this song no differently. Let me point out just how great Matt is on the guitar in this. He's flying up down the neck of the guitar and plays probably his greatest guitar solo of all time. This is what 2000s Alternative Rock is all about. That is one Godly solo. The lyrics embody passion and the outro of the guitar leaves you begging for more. Butterflies & Hurricanes is another standout track that I recommend and has an old school Muse vibe to it. The Small Print is one of their most underrated songs. Reminds me of Plug in Baby in a way because it's very fast paced and a super heavy guitar riff. It showcases Matt's singing ability more than anything. They also experiment with some cool guitar sound effects. This song is a boost of energy and makes me feel like I should run. Thoughts of a Dying Athiest another highly entertaining song with a bumping bass and solid drum beat. "The lines It scares the hell out of me. And the end is all I can see" are some of my all time favorite Muse lines. It's a super paranoid song which is perfect for me. Absolution is Muse's ticket into America with it's overwhelmingly improved lyrics and singing. There is no album with better guitar playing than this record. I will always have a special connection to this album because it's the first one I heard and I remember when it first came out and me playing it for people that didn't know about Muse either.

My rating: 9