Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

All of the TV on the Radio albums then rank them in order please
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Fallout 3 Soundtrack (from the Fallout 3 videogame)

The Ink Wells - 20th Century Masters: The Millinnium Collection: Best of the Ink Spots
    Klein, I meant The Ink Spots as the band name for the second review request. My bad!

The Fall of Troy - Doppelganger
    The Fall of Troy really bring it in I Just Got This Symphony Goin'. The guitar and bass are loud and clear, and the tempo is very fast. I just wish there wasn't screaming because I thought the singing was really good, but then gets scrambled by the screamo. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. is one of my tracks of note. They put together a fun song, and the screaming is at a minimum. The instruments all feed off each other and this a pretty catchy song. I start to worry the record might become The Fall of Doppelganger. I don't know what happens but the vocals get worse with the rhythm still being good. The songs don't feel as thought out and I'm ready to press stop. My overall opinion is that I'd like to see the guitar and bass player in action because they know how to jam.

My rating: 6.5
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Outkast - ATliens
    Without a doubt this a superior rap album created by Outkast. I can't think of a catchier song off this album than Wheelz of Steel. Talk about an amazing beat that has a turntable just getting wailed on. It seems like they just threw random words together, yet somehow it all came out beautifully. I would call that the perfect rap song. I like that Outkast makes their sound very round and each song has something about it that helps you remember it. Babylon might just be the most inspirational song on the record with that chorus. Don't forget about Outkast digging out the classics and applying some Gregorian chant as a rhythm. The lines about watching Playboy and show privates during P.E. are hilarious. Whether the song starts off with a splash or helicopter it comes out great. It's hard to find better rap just because Outkast features two great rappers and go into great detail for production on this album.

My rating: 9.5
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Hootie and the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View
    There's something magical about Cracked Rear View. They keep it simple yet almost every song was incredibly catchy and had me jamming to the rhythm. Hanna Jane being followed by Hold my Hand couldn't have been set up any better. Going from a fast song with a fun guitar solo to a slower song with a louder tone worked great. The chorus in Hold my Hand sounded pretty passionate and having harmonious singing added to the effect. Then Let Her Cry follows and Darius Rucker just blows me away with his voice. Then finally the song I hear all the time comes in 4th, which is Only Wanna Be with You. There's nothing influential about that song, but how it catches me is just the guitar and vocals. The chorus is plain and simple but they keep it real, everyone has that special girl. After that the songs are good, but nothing compared to what I just described. This for sure goes up there with Matchbox Twenty as good 90's pop/rock music

My rating: 9
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

slow clap
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

VigoTheCarpathian

Hootie and the blowfish are not 1.75 points close Joanna Newsom.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post

The Fall of Troy - Doppelganger
    The Fall of Troy really bring it in I Just Got This Symphony Goin'. The guitar and bass are loud and clear, and the tempo is very fast. I just wish there wasn't screaming because I thought the singing was really good, but then gets scrambled by the screamo. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. is one of my tracks of note. They put together a fun song, and the screaming is at a minimum. The instruments all feed off each other and this a pretty catchy song. I start to worry the record might become The Fall of Doppelganger. I don't know what happens but the vocals get worse with the rhythm still being good. The songs don't feel as thought out and I'm ready to press stop. My overall opinion is that I'd like to see the guitar and bass player in action because they know how to jam.

My rating: 6.5
    So the guitarist is thomas erak and he is amazing live the bassist actually was always a shit show and he got kicked out of the band. But if you actually like his singing and guitar playing listen to just like vinyl its thomas doing what it sound like you want doppelganger to be..... Also very impressed you kept up with this.

Michael Bolton - Time, Love & Tenderness
    What Michael Bolton has got going for him is that he can sing and that's about it. Lyrics are beyond cheesy and the word creative hardly applies. He does a pretty good job at covering songs and then turning them into hits, but the songs he wrote himself are pretty bland. The hair and the ego are just too much for me. Songs like Love Is a Wonderful Thing and Save Me are make me want to throw a chair. Big ups to Kenny G though, that guy rocks the saxophone. Average music meets great voice.

My rating: 5
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

OfficeSpaceMichaelBolton.jpg
    "Why should I have to change my name? He's the one that sucks."
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Tegan and Sara - So Jealous
    A pretty solid pop album that deals with love through a woman's perspective. The album opens up with a catchy guitar rhythm. The song is You Wouldn't Like Me and it has pretty pleasant vocals. It gets better when the guitar gets heavier and the song starts to pick up. I really just enjoy the harmonious vocals. The next song Take Me Anywhere introduces a nice drum beat and lyrics and a chorus that are just super catchy. Take Me Anywhere is a pretty fun song and doesn't feel like a 2 minute 30 second song. Not a fan of Where Does the Good Go, but by listening to the lyrics I'd guess it's a song that has more meaning behind it than we know. When I boil it down, it's nothing special and just has your typical guitar chords. The last few songs just get way to slow. Tegan and Sara both have great vocals and they get it done with their simple guitar strokes.

My rating: 6.75
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Michael Jackson - Dangerous
    The first album released by Michael Jackson in the 1990's, which kept up with his previous album Bad. Jam opens up the album with a bang. The song is a jam and a great album opener. The song makes you feel like you're at the roller skating rink. In the Closet sounds like Michael Jackson's song he'd use to seduce the ladies. The mood sounds very sexual because of the sound effects, and the way Michael Jackson sings makes it all too obvious. Changing the subject, Heal the World is Michael Jackson's way to reach out to the world and make people perceive that he actually cares, which in all fairness could be true. This is Michael Jackson's Imagine for this record. So far the first half of the album has covered a variety of issues, and shows the depth Michael Jackson has in his songwriting. Black or White comes in as the eighth track and makes a pretty positive impact for the record. The song brings a happy mood, awesome guitar, a sort of drum solo, and then some rap to finish it off. I'd say that's my favorite song. Michael Jackson once again teams up with another supreme guitarist, Slash, for Give In to Me. Dangerous is impressive because of just how much variety it has to offer.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Boys Noise - Oi Oi Oi
    Hello. Talk about a great Electro House record. & Down is as powerful as a rhino charging at something. That song hit me pretty hard. That 1-2-3 tempo at what I would call the song's chorus was sweet. The Battery is super sick and incredibly heavy. That song could melt away just about anything. I really enjoyed the quality and the dynamics. It seemed to always find it's way back to the main beat. Each song was fun and definitely entertaining. Raves in space is the environment I feel. Vergiftet sounds like a crazy video game song on steroids. Oh and they have a Battery part 2 called Wu-Tang. Never got bored and watching them for 20 minutes or so would be fun.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
    The second studio album to be released by the British band Coldplay. The record shows that Coldplay has opened up their range to create moving and exceptional songs. Politik starts the album off with a bang with the piano pounding, guitar, and the pounding on the drums. The song feels incredibly dark, and the shifting from fast to slow to fast creates a roller coaster of emotions. The song that follows makes me feel the complete opposite. In My Place has one of the more beautiful guitar lines I've heard to date. The dark room that I felt I was in with Politik now luminous by flashing bright lights thanks to In My Place's beautiful lyrics and sound. The album features some nice ballads like The Scientist and Daylight which are highly seen as your stereotypical Coldplay. The best track on that record is Clocks by far. Chris Martin created one of the more iconic piano melodies to come out of the 2000s. The song honestly makes you feel like you're flying and you feel one with the birds. Plus they time out everything so that the each member makes an impact in their own way. I should also throw out that Chris Martin sounds amazing on A Rush of Blood to the Head. The title track is great too, and there isn't any song I dislike.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
    After the success of Demon Days, Gorillaz decided to take a different route for their third album Plastic Beach. This record just offers many more dimensions than any previous Gorillaz release. The list of musicians who are featured in Plastic Beach is impressive as well. We get a nice introduction by Snoop Dogg and then White Flag serves as more build up to create that excitement. Rhinestone Eyes finally brings me back to a familiar base and it's an alright song. Stylo, the first single, is far different than anything Gorillaz has done before. It's super dependent on drums and bass with a lot of special effects added in. It's a pretty fun song, and followed up by a silly song that still makes no sense to me (Superfast Jellyfish). Each song is special enough that I could mention it, but my favorite track is Empire Ants. The song trips my mind out and when Little Dragon's Yukimi Nagano starts singing I feel scared just because the bass already starts to make me paranoid. On Melancholy Hill is another great track because I get good vibes from it, and helps me relax. Plastic Beach is one of the more diverse albums out there, applying multiple genres into one rock album and making it fun/successful.

My rating: 8.5
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post

Boys Noise - Oi Oi Oi
    Hello. Talk about a great Electro House record. & Down is as powerful as a rhino charging at something. That song hit me pretty hard. That 1-2-3 tempo at what I would call the song's chorus was sweet. The Battery is super sick and incredibly heavy. That song could melt away just about anything. I really enjoyed the quality and the dynamics. It seemed to always find it's way back to the main beat. Each song was fun and definitely entertaining. Raves in space is the environment I feel. Vergiftet sounds like a crazy video game song on steroids. Oh and they have a Battery part 2 called Wu-Tang. Never got bored and watching them for 20 minutes or so would be fun.

Very accurate rating, I would give this album a 9 as well. Boys Noize is one guy.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i'll update the front page tonight when i get some time.

here's my next suggestion:

September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

the notwist the devil you + me

Boyz II Men - II
    After already having a successful debut record, Boys II Men out did themselves with their second release of II. It's those tracks like Vibin and Thank You that attract millions of people because of the smooth beats, and soulful harmonies. They recorded a record of all relaxing songs with touching lyrics, and a piano player who really adds effect. The song I'll Make Love to You is the ultimate seduction song. That slow drum beats and the emphasis the lead singer's voice. My favorite part of each song is when they sing in unison just because it always seems to be the most chill part of the song. On Bended Knee is the other great emotional love song. The singing notes that are reached is impressive. They are really good at making R & B music, and the singing is phenomenal.

Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Ah, Boyz II Men. The soundtrack to many a middle school skating party. I probably still have their cassettes in storage somewhere.

But Michael Bolton does good covers? Really?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way
    The 2002 release by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is a good followup to their record Californication, and stays within the same boundaries. The tone of the music is pretty soft and chill. By the Way begins with a big kickoff with the title track By the Way. The lyrics are hilarious because of Kiedis throwing out random words. The guitar and bass from Frusciante and Flea are really on and the song is one of the most energetic ones off this album. The Zephyr Song is one of the more relaxed songs and features some marvelous backup vocals by Frusciante. The song is what California sunshine is all about and I think create a good atmosphere with that track. My favorite song is Can't Stop because the energy can't be beat. The guitar riffs are super identifiable and Kiedis is really on his game in this one. I feel that the Red Hot Chili Peppers got a little too comfortable on this one and could have done more to have a stronger second half. At least the vibes are good throughout.

My rating: 7
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Slum Village - Fantastic, Vol. 2
    Didn't really see the appeal when listening to this Slum Village record. They have some creative beats, but I didn't find anything too flashy. I went through this record 3 times just because I wanted to make sure I was justified. Tell Me had a sexy ring too it. For the most part though I didn't really dig their style of rapping. They rely on a heavy bass and the voices aren't that great. I get bored halfway through every song. I would have to say they're average rappers. When I listen to rap I listen for rocking beats. They were a little too slow and just way too chill. Though I do like how smooth their sounds come out and that made Fall-N-Love another noted track.

My rating: 5
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth

Prince -1999
    The opening track to this record 1999 is a pretty neat song because of the synthesizer and drum combo that meets the bass which adds the funk. I like that the theme of the song is even though the world is ending everybody should party. 1999 is carries on by continuing the party mindset throughout. Get bitches and have a good time. Sometimes he sings about his relationship issues. Prince makes this album great because of the consistency and happy mood. I can't stress enough how the bass makes this album for me. Automatic is another fun song with it's catchy synth. The music is pretty unique for it's time, so it's easy to see how 1999 would be an influence to future dance and pop music.

My rating: 8.5
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Daft Punk - Discovery
    There are few EDM artists like Daft Punk who are loved by just about everybody. It's hard not be a fun of Discovery, an album that is full of life and has probably been a soundtrack to many during parties, and other things . One More Time is the ultimate party song, with its beat that you can easily lose yourself in. The vocals and beat overlap so well together, I could probably have that song on repeat and still be having fun after the 5th listen. At this point it'd be hard to top such a gratifying intro song. I don't think they ever do. However, that doesn't mean the rest the album blows. In fact, track after track they continue to pump out great music. Digital Love is pure sexiness. Incredibly smooth and soft to the ear. I'm definitely on a rainbow during that song. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger would be the theme to a musical about working out. Whether that's exercising or sex that's up to you. The song is just pure funky. I really don't think the album slows down significantly. They know how to mix and they have that Daft Punk sound that makes them one of a kind. Always been up there as a personal favorite.

My rating: 8.75
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Not so sure about all those sex connections...

The Avalanches - Since I Left You
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Please post a picture of yourself in the Nude Photos That Won't Get You Banned Thread so that I may review it, theklein25 style.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Please post a picture of yourself in the Nude Photos That Won't Get You Banned Thread so that I may review it, theklein25 style.
    Not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Not so sure about all those sex connections...
    It's there
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern