Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1597

Thread: theklein25 reviews albums

  1. #271

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    he asked for a my morning jacket expert a while back. here i am.

  2. #272
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,806

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums



    Fever Ray - Fever Ray
    Pretty unique electronic album in a sense that everything sounds so fragile and delicate. The intensity does grow in some songs like in When I Grow Up. Great production went into this album and some of the sounds come off a little spooky to me. The record makes me feel apart of nature and I'm sure it's even better on drugs. I would see them next time they come around.

    My rating: 8
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

  3. #273

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Fever Ray is only one person. Her real name is Karin Dreiger Andersson and she is also a member of The Knife.

  4. #274
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,806

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums



    Grimes - Visions
    Dream pop and synthpop is probably the best way to describe this record by Grimes. This album features a range of vocals by Grimes and it gets a little weird sometimes. Circumambient is a pretty sexy song and it sounds likes there's a spazzed out robot as the backing vocals. The beats and synth complement each other nicely to get fun awesome songs. I feel like I'm on a cloud floating over the city except the sky is bright pink. Be a Body is another song I really like. Eight drives me crazy and there's a couple other songs where the vocals are just way too high. This is still a strong record and fun to listen to.

    My rating: 7
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

  5. #275
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,806

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums



    The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - Mutations EP
    So there were some noises, some suspense, and an adventure. Jazz and metal fuse to make this EP by musicians I can't find much info about. Well the music was interesting to listen to but didn't really excite me. I did like the production though. I'm pretty neutral on this one. Therefore...

    My rating: 5
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

  6. #276

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post


    Fever Ray - Fever Ray
    Pretty unique electronic album in a sense that everything sounds so fragile and delicate. The intensity does grow in some songs like in When I Grow Up. Great production went into this album and some of the sounds come off a little spooky to me. The record makes me feel apart of nature and I'm sure it's even better on drugs. I would see them next time they come around.

    My rating: 8
    Glad you liked it. This album is terrifyingly awesome. Don't think there's gonna be a chance to see her live anytime soon, at least not as fever ray. She played Coachella in 2010, I think it was her only north America show. It was amazing.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

  7. #277
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Guangzhou, China
    Posts
    5,249

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Ty Segall - Goodbye Bread

  8. #278

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Lotus Plaza - Spooky Action at a Distance

  9. #279
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,810

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Taco-After Eight
    Translation

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

    Perfume Genius @ The Independent 10/21/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14


    Last.fm





  10. #280
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,806

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums



    Minus the Bear - Planet of Ice
    In order to get the proper mindset for this album I tried to envision being in Antarctica and Hoth. I ended up having a lot of fun listening to this album. I loved the guitar and vocals. They have catchy guitar riffs that would be pretty cool to see live. Now the question is what is their best album?

    My rating: 8.25
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

  11. #281
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,477

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray del Mundo View Post
    Glad you liked it. This album is terrifyingly awesome. Don't think there's gonna be a chance to see her live anytime soon, at least not as fever ray. She played Coachella in 2010, I think it was her only north America show. It was amazing.
    You might be correct about not being able to see her as Fever Ray again, but you are incorrect about Coachella being the only North American show.

    These were her 2009 North American shows:
    7th October Fever Ray in Los Angeles Henry Fonda Theater US
    6th October Fever Ray in Pomona The Glass House US
    5th October Fever Ray in San Francisco The Grand Ballroom @ Regency US
    3rd October Fever Ray in Chicago Metro US
    2nd October Fever Ray in Toronto Kool Haus CA
    1st October Fever Ray in Montreal Metropolis CA
    29th September Fever Ray in New York Webster Hall US
    28th September Fever Ray in New York Webster Hall US
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  12. #282
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,673

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post


    Minus the Bear - Planet of Ice
    In order to get the proper mindset for this album I tried to envision being in Antarctica and Hoth. I ended up having a lot of fun listening to this album. I loved the guitar and vocals. They have catchy guitar riffs that would be pretty cool to see live. Now the question is what is their best album?

    My rating: 8.25
    My favorite album of theirs is Planet of Ice, the one you listened to for your review. I think Omni, which is their newest, is the worst. They have a new album coming out later this year if you are interested.

    New song: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...y-gun-20120629
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  13. #283
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Menos el Oso is their best album. It's been downhill since then. Highly Refined Pirates is also quite enjoyable.

  14. #284
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,673

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Menos el Oso is their best album. It's been downhill since then. Highly Refined Pirates is also quite enjoyable.
    You don't like Planet of Ice? I think Menos is second (or maybe tied for first), HRP after that. But really, that EP they have called 'They Make Beer Commercials Like This' gets the most regular play from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  15. #285
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,806

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums



    The Police - Outlandos d'Amour
    Roxanne, So Lonely, and Can't Stand Losing You are some of my favorite Police songs because the guitar and bass are simple but catchy. Sting is also one of my favorite frontman of all time because his voice is unique and easily recognizable. Side 1 of this record kicks ass and has 4 awesome songs. Hole in My Life is the one I am not talking about. Then you get to side 2 and Can't Stand Losing You starts it off so you'd expect more great songs but sadly it tails off after that. Masoko Tanga was a bit of redemption because I do like that song but tracks 7-9 are ones I tend to skip. It's pretty interesting how this record did not immediately catch on, but now it has established itself as a record you must listen to.

    My rating: 8.75
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

  16. #286
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    You don't like Planet of Ice? I think Menos is second (or maybe tied for first), HRP after that. But really, that EP they have called 'They Make Beer Commercials Like This' gets the most regular play from me.
    I like them all (though I don't listen to OMNI), just saying its gotten worse. Planet of Ice is too sterile feeling for me in comparison to their releases before it. Yes, that ep is great.

  17. #287
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,673

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I like them all (though I don't listen to OMNI), just saying its gotten worse. Planet of Ice is too sterile feeling for me in comparison to their releases before it. Yes, that ep is great.
    I can see what you mean by that. I agree in a way, though there is just something about Planet of Ice that gets me every time. OMNI was such a mistake! Hoping the new album is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  18. #288

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Review request: White Noise - An Electric Storm

  19. #289
    Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, CA
    Posts
    6,194

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post


    Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
    Before there was Hybrid Theory well there was the band Hybrid Theory. Soon after they changed their name to what we all know, Linkin Park. Hybrid Theory made its return as the name of Linkin Park's debut record which best exemplifies the genre of this album. A fusion between alternative rock, metal, and rap. Tracks like In the End, Papercut, and Pushing Me Away represent that when combining these elements you can get perfect music. Some of the songs can get a little repetitive and Crawling is overrated but what this album has is 2 great singers, guitar that can shred your face off at times, killer beats and great production. I love the energy given off and yes relationships/friendships that end do suck.

    My rating: 9
    Okay, you really should review the Crazy Town album after this. You'd probably love it to pieces.

    Hi, my name is Gabe, and I listened to more Crazy Town in years 18-20 than any person ever should.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

  20. #290
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,477

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Hi Gabe, i was actually a HUGE fan of Hybrid Theory when I was 18, but I hated Crazy Town. Go figure.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  21. #291
    Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, CA
    Posts
    6,194

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    I think every word in every song on Hybrid Theory is a pronoun.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

  22. #292
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,339

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Hi Gabe, i was actually a HUGE fan of Hybrid Theory when I was 18, but I hated Crazy Town. Go figure.
    I liked Hybrid Theory when it came out, hated Crazy Town. I'll admit to both a Creed and a Limp Bizkit boner, but I was also 12. Dunno what happened with you guys being 18?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  23. #293
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,477

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    well, i was 18 when the record came out
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  24. #294
    Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, CA
    Posts
    6,194

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    I was molested in high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

  25. #295
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,339

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    well, i was 18 when the record came out
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I was molested in high school.
    One of these is an acceptable answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  26. #296
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    I'd argue neither is acceptable...

  27. #297
    Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, CA
    Posts
    6,194

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    I would not argue anything here.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

  28. #298
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,151

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    Review request: White Noise - An Electric Storm
    So good.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  29. #299

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    You might be correct about not being able to see her as Fever Ray again, but you are incorrect about Coachella being the only North American show.

    These were her 2009 North American shows:
    7th October Fever Ray in Los Angeles Henry Fonda Theater US
    6th October Fever Ray in Pomona The Glass House US
    5th October Fever Ray in San Francisco The Grand Ballroom @ Regency US
    3rd October Fever Ray in Chicago Metro US
    2nd October Fever Ray in Toronto Kool Haus CA
    1st October Fever Ray in Montreal Metropolis CA
    29th September Fever Ray in New York Webster Hall US
    28th September Fever Ray in New York Webster Hall US
    Thanks for the correction. I heard from someone that Coach was Fever Ray's only North America show, but I never verified. Looks like it's correct to say that it was her final N.A. show. Whatever the case may be, it was goddamn magical in the Mojave tent for that performance.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

  30. #300
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    20,057

    Default Re: theklein25 reviews albums

    I think it might have been her only 2010 North American show, that might be what you heard.
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)
    11/08 - Seu Jorge - Luckman (?)
    11/09 - Slowdive - Ace


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

Similar Threads

  1. allmusic.com reviews
    By benhur in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 09:00 AM
  2. reviews
    By Bellecour in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
  3. How theklein25 believes it's going down
    By theklein25 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM
  4. Dome Reviews
    By lasdnb in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 01:57 PM
  5. Sat band reviews
    By Hawkings in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 07:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •