Thread: The "I logged on at exactly 10am but still didn't get a pass" thread.

Default The "I logged on at exactly 10am but still didn't get a pass" thread.

Did this happen to anyone? Start your (completely justified) bitching here.

Default Re: The "I logged on at exactly 10am but still didn't get a pass" thread.

I logged on 3 browsers at 11:20 and was able to get through on all of them. Albeit with 5 minutes before they sold out, but still made it.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

Default Re: The "I logged on at exactly 10am but still didn't get a pass" thread.

This happened to me last year, at the regular sale. There's nothing more frustrating than that. Had a bunch of browsers open today and got in super easy, even got a bunch of my friends tix from the browsers I wasn't using.

Isnt weekend 2 still available? Better then nothing.

Yeah weekend 2's still available, I went weekend 2 this year and it felt just as real as any other Coachella I've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride a Tire! View Post
    I logged on 3 browsers at 11:20 and was able to get through on all of them. Albeit with 5 minutes before they sold out, but still made it.
    This.

It certainly seemed this way. The browser window I opened after 11 got to the purchase screen faster than the one I had open since 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Sad to hear some of you failed & are doing this:

I logged in around 11am, waited about 20 min, then bought my week 1 passes & felt like this:
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

I actually do feel a little bad for some people who actually were completely prepared for presale and still didn't get a pass for weekend one. I haven't been on the boards since I got mine because I had to rush to work but I firmly believe they capped presale.
    fuck.

"Advance passes go on sale beginning this Thursday, May 17th, 2012 10:00 am PDT through the following Thursday, May 24th". Laughable.

I saw this coming but didn't quite want to believe it. Bad timing on this particular Thursday because I was armed with only a smartphone out in the middle of hicksville trying to deal with the traffic on shitty frontgate. End result was getting second choice (W2) passes after about an hour.

Will bitch about it for a day or two then take care of business this January or within a few weeks of the festival and get my weekend 1 wristbands.

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post
    "Advance passes go on sale beginning this Thursday, May 17th, 2012 10:00 am PDT through the following Thursday, May 24th". Laughable.

I saw this coming but didn't quite want to believe it. Bad timing on this particular Thursday because I was armed with only a smartphone out in the middle of hicksville trying to deal with the traffic on shitty frontgate. End result was getting second choice (W2) passes after about an hour.

Will bitch about it for a day or two then take care of business this January or within a few weeks of the festival and get my weekend 1 wristbands.
    This story is so interesting please tell it again

Thats a kind of thing the person you're imitating would actually say. Well done.

Yeah I made a double take
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjama1awesome View Post
    Nailed it.

finally
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

I had forgotten about the start time, and noticed it pop up on my timeline on FB. Loaded up a window for weekend 1 and weekend 2 and was going to grab whichever came up first. W1 won, but I did the El Dorado teepee which is still available last time I checked.
    ->Coachella '05/'11/'13<- @popnwave on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetbutt View Post
    I had forgotten about the start time, and noticed it pop up on my timeline on FB. Loaded up a window for weekend 1 and weekend 2 and was going to grab whichever came up first. W1 won, but I did the El Dorado teepee which is still available last time I checked.
    sweet blog

sweet blog
    I prefer web log.. it sounds more refined.
    ->Coachella '05/'11/'13<- @popnwave on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetbutt View Post
    I prefer web log.. it sounds more refined.
    IVE NEVER MET ANY ONE COOL FROM FLORIDA

THIS INCLUDES YOU

So a few days ago I had nothing but a smartphone in the middle of hicksville trying to get through the traffic on shitty frontgate (I'm talking one bar at best) for weekend 1. Bad timing and what not. After about an hour all I got was Weekend 2 wristbands. I bitched about it for a couple days but in January or a few weeks till I'm going to take care of business and get weekend 1 wristbands.

old school

Several friends up here in Vancouver got shut out W1 starting at 10am, couldn't do W2. Wary of secondary market.

might have something to do with browsers or maybe going from an iphone/ipad would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Several friends up here in Vancouver got shut out W1 starting at 10am, couldn't do W2. Wary of secondary market.

might have something to do with browsers or maybe going from an iphone/ipad would help.
    Yes. Steve Jobs cockblocked you from the grave.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Yes. Steve Jobs cockblocked you from the grave.
    Don't you think some fans should be aware that certain computer connections/set-ups will NOT get them access to W1 tickets while others admit to getting thru to checkout 4-5 times for their friends?