Just read through your list and immediately sang #5:
I had it on a cassette of New Wave songs that I played waaaay too much back in the day.
SLC Summer so far:
7/12 Raphael Saadiq 7/19 Nas
7/29 Star Slinger 8/2 MMJ
8/9 Passion Pit/Austra
8/16 Iron & Wine 8/23 DeVotchKa
8/30 Common/Aloe Blacc
20 is Bowie/Queen Under Pressure.
He sold his soul for a shot at fame
Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...
#9 is Steely Dan's Hey 19, from Gaucho. I saw them do this the summer before last...Steely Dan gets old white people dancing.
I'm actually too old for much of this poll, I kinda lost interest in popular music between 1980 and 1990.
#3 is Rush's The Spirit of Radio. I have friends that LOVE this band, I'm pretty much meh.
#11 is "Owner of A Lonely Heart" by Yes
#14 is "End of the Line" by The Traveling Wilburys
(someone plz find the youtubes of these, I'm at work and have no access)
We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.
I was just coming in to note that #14 was the Traveling Wilburys. But I ain't nobody's lacky.
non sunt in coeli, quia fvccant vvivys of heli
Of course, as mentioned above, 11 is Yes' Owner of a Lonely Heart. I will be seeing them in August in San Diego, they're like a million years old now.
I looked up 2 because I had absolutely no clue on that one and no one has it on their list. No way anyone gets it. It's from a band I don't associate with the 80's - HUGE in the mid/late 70's - and I didn't even remember the song existed at all.
Whoever comes up with the answer deserves a prize.
BTW, santasutt, congrats on your son getting into USC. My kids did it the other way 'round: left CA and went to MA. They only came home at xmas and one summer break. They graduated last year and still live in MA. So be prepared, this may be the last summer your son lives at home. (This xmas was our first without our girls.)
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
The next batch:
21. We kissed altogether wrong.
22. I heard her talkin' with her friend when she thought nobody else was around.
23. Now she can’t be that warm with the wind in her arms.
24. I'm the smiling face of your T.V.
25. Now the party’s over, I’m so tired.
26. I feel I'm on top again, baby.
27. Oh, you know I don't mind.
28. I wish it were Sunday.
29. Oh yeah, the boy can play.
30. Black panties with an angel's face.
31. Don't touch me please
32. There’s so much I need to say to you – so many reasons why.
33. Say your prayers.
34. And I had a feeling that I belonged
35. Believe in me. I’m with the High Command.
36. There's a choice we're making.
37. Success has been so easy for you.
38. I'm very tired, and I'm not feeling right.
39. I hate the food I eat.
40. Some boys try and some boys lie.
24 25 34 29