Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

  1. #1

    Default WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    for either night at the Wiltern

    thx

  2. #2

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Ok how bout a trade? (+ diff in fees if any)

    I've got extras for Santigold, Aesop Rock, and The XX

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    The most ridiculous ticket to pick up in town (well unless you have $400).

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,365

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Yea, seriously. Been refreshing stubhub and CL every 10 mins all weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  5. #5

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Looks like its not gonna happen
    Ah well...
    He'll come back around.
    I'm Considering outside lands now.

  6. #6
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    I am so bummed about missing this show. We were thinking that maybe we could find some an hour before the show on ebay or something, but this is one hot ticket. I am hoping he is at Coachella in 2013 because I'm not going to Outside lands. Pissed that I didn't buy the ones I saw on stub hub in March for $150ea.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Yea, seriously. Been refreshing stubhub and CL every 10 mins all weekend.
    Did you not get tickets Wes? At this point Its not worth the hassle of going over there tomorrow or Thursday and hoping. He'll be back, at the Hollywood Bowl or something crazed.

    I'm happy I saw the Mayan show though. Very appreciative now... I have to imagine that there are people inside Third Man that are artificially creating demand or some shit.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,365

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    I did, Cutter and I was hoping to finally run into you. I picked up a couple in Loge for near face value.

    It can be done. CL is where they are popping up, just gotta constantly refresh.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 05-30-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    O good for you. Im glad you worked it out. From what I saw it was a lot of $150 a ticket and people wanting to take their intern for free or looking for face value. Ill be looking around. If you catch a solo ticket somehow let me know. Maybe stubhub right before the tickets go offline will go well. Hrmm :\

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,365

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    BTW, ended up getting tix for tonight (if not apparent)
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  11. #11

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    I've been refreshing CL for probably almost 24 hours and reasonably priced tickets are being posted and sold within minutes. Ridiculous. I've never been to the Wiltern If anyone has an extra for tonight send me a PM.

  12. #12
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I've been refreshing CL for probably almost 24 hours and reasonably priced tickets are being posted and sold within minutes. Ridiculous. I've never been to the Wiltern If anyone has an extra for tonight send me a PM.
    Did you end up going? I was watching stubub tonight to plan for tomorrow. At 4:00 they were 89 for GA, but all tickets were offline at 5. Hope you made it! I am still hoping to go tomorrow.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  13. #13

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Did you end up going? I was watching stubub tonight to plan for tomorrow. At 4:00 they were 89 for GA, but all tickets were offline at 5. Hope you made it! I am still hoping to go tomorrow.
    stubhub before 5 will also be my strategy Case. i was watching that action too.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    5 is the magic time they disappear? good info.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,439

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Outside Lands FTW!

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Mayan show

    Just texted a dude who had some tickets on CL who didnt list a price and seemed nice. Smiley faces, looking to get his money back. "They are $300 each..."

    Killin me.

  17. #17

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    I lucked out by posting a desperate "wanted: cheap ticket" ad and a nice girl offered her ticket for essentially face value. (Turns out we share a mutual friend, lol.) So I went! Though man, Craigslist was crazy today and actually pissing me off with its inconsistent search results depending on how you search/refresh. In this situation, a few minutes matters!

    The show: Coming from someone who admires Jack White but isn't entirely familiar with the catalog, I'm glad I went but I could tell it wasn't his best night. I even heard other people saying the same afterwards. No Seven Nation Army (that's fine, that's not a huge fav - actually glad he played 'My Doorbell') or even Love Interruption (again, not missing it). I'm glad I didn't shell out $100 or even $70-80 like I almost did. Again, glad I went though! First time at the Wiltern. Sound was not stellar as I've heard, but it was fine enough.

  18. #18
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    5 is the magic time they disappear? good info.
    Yeah, just get yours after me, okay? ;D

    At the LAST minute on CL I saw them go for 60. But every time I read a craigslist post that says "I will meet you with tickets," my brain automatically interprets "meet you" as "murder you." just kidding... Kinda. ;/
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  19. #19
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I lucked out by posting a desperate "wanted: cheap ticket" ad and a nice girl offered her ticket for essentially face value. (Turns out we share a mutual friend, lol.) So I went! Though man, Craigslist was crazy today and actually pissing me off with its inconsistent search results depending on how you search/refresh. In this situation, a few minutes matters!

    The show: Coming from someone who admires Jack White but isn't entirely familiar with the catalog, I'm glad I went but I could tell it wasn't his best night. I even heard other people saying the same afterwards. No Seven Nation Army (that's fine, that's not a huge fav - actually glad he played 'My Doorbell') or even Love Interruption (again, not missing it). I'm glad I didn't shell out $100 or even $70-80 like I almost did. Again, glad I went though! First time at the Wiltern. Sound was not stellar as I've heard, but it was fine enough.
    Glad you got to go! Hopefully tonight's will be even better and hopefully I am there to find out Did he play mostly his new album? That's what I am looking forward to, I think it's stellar.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  20. #20
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    There are just not that many on stubhub for tonight. there were 13 only 5 minutes ago and now there are 10. I've only had shady replies from CL. Doubt it will happen for me
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  21. #21

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Do a desperate "i really want to go, sell me a ticket at face value" ad like i did. that was my saving grace in the end.

  22. #22
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Do a desperate "i really want to go, sell me a ticket at face value" ad like i did. that was my saving grace in the end.
    I did once this morning and once this afternoon, along with the rest of Los Angeles. Oh well, onto the next!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  23. #23

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    WELP. this is just the push i needed to go to Outside Lands.

  24. #24
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,931

    Default Re: WANTED: 1 Jack White Ticket

    See you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 03:34 PM
  2. Get Jack White
    By stengali in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
  3. ADD JACK WHITE
    By over1/2decade in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
  4. Jay Z and Jack White
    By jck83 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 11:28 AM
  5. Jack White?
    By sk8r408 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •