Thread: rage @ lollapalooza

Default rage @ lollapalooza

tom morrello has said at South by southwest festival that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE will be playing this years lollapalooza
    anyone here of that?
    Confirmed acts include Pearl Jam and Beck so far

Default Re: rage @ lollapalooza

Theres more bands confirmed for Lolla other than those 2. Check the Lolla message boards. And where did you get this info other than Tom saying it?

what?! that's crazy. i doubt it. they are going to be at all kinds of festivals then. well, if they play at lolla i'll probably go there as well.

where are you guys finding the lineup info?

I am asking him where he got his info. The line up for lolla right now stands as this.

Lupe Fiasco
    The New Amsterdams
    Jack's Mannequin
    The Roots
    Son Volt
    Pearl Jam Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    Daft Punk (still not official but most of us think its legit)
    LCD Soundsystem
    Charlie Musselwhite
    Ghostland Observatory
    Peter, Bjorn & John
    Rhymefest
    David Vandervelde
    Peter DiStefano
    !!!
    Annuals
    Beck
    The Satin Peaches
    Satellite Party

from a lollapalooza message board dude, reliable u think?

Quote Originally Posted by rhcpdude13 View Post
    from a lollapalooza message board dude, reliable u think?
    If you got the Rage rumor from the Lolla board, then its 50/50 until there is a better hint about it. Its feasible and I suggested it on here when I saw the Rock The Bells dates and wondered why they had Lolla weekend off. So we'll see. Look at all the info we got on our own before they announced, so you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I am asking him where he got his info. The line up for lolla right now stands as this.

Lupe Fiasco
    The New Amsterdams
    Jack's Mannequin
    The Roots
    Son Volt
    Pearl Jam Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    Daft Punk (still not official but most of us think its legit)
    LCD Soundsystem
    Charlie Musselwhite
    Ghostland Observatory
    Peter, Bjorn & John
    Rhymefest
    David Vandervelde
    Peter DiStefano
    !!!
    Annuals
    Beck
    The Satin Peaches
    Satellite Party
    daft punk? seriously?? i would totally go. last year though they didn't have any techno. (kinda disappointing.) lolla is nothing like coachella.

Thats the rumor and they are looking to add some more electronic stuff this year too. And if Rage is there for Lolla, supposedly Wu Tang and Nas will be also to be the Hip Hip acts to top the bill.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

they got cyhsy? unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    they got cyhsy? unfair.
    So did Coachella last year.

lollapalooza is VERY different from coachella...
    theres no camping or palm trees and its in chytown
    BUT
    its right on the Lake Michigan lake front in downtown Chicago
    theres 8 stages, and 130 bands
    the entrance is the citys historical landmark 100 foot fountain Buckhingman Fountain,
    and at night you can see the stage and the skyline of chicago at the same time-pretty awesome!
    Last years lollapalooza had atleat 165,000 people attending over the 3 days,
    and featured bands like RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, KAYNE WEST, DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE, FLAMING LIPS, STRING CHEESE INCIDENT, and more
    The red hot chili peppers, queens of the stone age, ben kweller and Sparta (Mars Volta & At the Drive In) all played at the same stage
    lollapalooza has yet sold out at chicago, but you never know if RAGE, PEARL JAM & BECK will be there...

lollapalooza is VERY different from coachella...
    theres no camping or palm trees and its in chytown
    BUT
    its right on the Lake Michigan lake front in downtown Chicago
    theres 8 stages, and 130 bands
    the entrance is the citys historical landmark 100 foot fountain Buckhingman Fountain,
    and at night you can see the stage and the skyline of chicago at the same time-pretty awesome!
    Last years lollapalooza had atleat 165,000 people attending over the 3 days,
    and featured bands like RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, KAYNE WEST, DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE, FLAMING LIPS, STRING CHEESE INCIDENT, and more
    The red hot chili peppers, queens of the stone age, ben kweller and Sparta (Mars Volta & At the Drive In) all played at the same stage
    lollapalooza has yet sold out at chicago, but you never know if RAGE, PEARL JAM & BECK will be there...

We do our homework on other festivals and even have lengthy discussion comparing them all ya know. Check out the Bonnaroo vs Coachella thread or the Coachella vs Lolla one. All of those artists(except String Cheese) have graced the Coachella stage at one point or another over the years. It was around 150k for total attendance last year at Lolla. Coachella would eclpise that number that over the 3 days if they didnt shrink capacity this year. You dont need to use caps, we arent going to be shocked at the names you are dropping.

Sparta (Mars Volta & At the Drive In)

umm... Sparta doesn't have any members from Mars Volta. At the Drive-In yes, Mars Volta no.
    Last edited by landa321; 03-31-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    We do our homework on other festivals and even have lengthy discussion comparing them all ya know. Check out the Bonnaroo vs Coachella thread or the Coachella vs Lolla one. All of those artists(except String Cheese) have graced the Coachella stage at one point or another over the years. It was around 150k for total attendance last year at Lolla. Coachella would eclpise that number that over the 3 days if they didnt shrink capacity this year. You dont need to use caps, we arent going to be shocked at the names you are dropping.
    Your homework is incorrect. All of the Bonnaroo artists have NOT played Coachella. Not even close.

Your homework is incorrect. All of the Bonnaroo artists have NOT played Coachella. Not even close.
    and we consider ourselves lucky for that. i could do without a 4 hour set from moe or gov't mule.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

old school

Yeah I'm a fan of Bonnaroo but I agree with Psychic. How many fuckin times are they gonna book the same fuckin acts. Widespread headlined a night two years ago & not to mention they blow ass chunks, not headliner worthy at all. What a cop out on their part. O.K. Bonnaroo the sun rises & sets in Warren Haynes ass we know we get it, now get some new & different acts. If I want to see a cover band I'll go to some shithole bar. Superfly needs to get in their piggy bank & shell out some money for some real headliners like Tom Waits! & Perry & the Lolla gang need to get off their dead asses & fuckin bring it already. How long can they stall in releasing their lineup? You too Pitchfork release the full lineup already! These festivals book acts years & months in advance they can't honestly be scrambling for acts now, if so they'll likely be half ass festivals.

Bonnaroo is a way better festival than Coachella. Much more fun and they don't book a lot of shitty acts like Madonna and the latest uninteresting Perry Farrell band.
    Bonnaroo's concert grounds are open 24 hrs. Bands (like My Morning Jacket) play from midnight until 4am.

I'm sure the white belt wearing hipsters could never hack that, though.

and The Police are NOT playing Coachella.

Bonnaroo did try to get Tom Waits. Tom Waits rarely plays live and I just don't think he's into playing an outdoor American festival.

old school

I'm not going to get into which festival is the best but Bonnaroo's lineup this year is rather weak! Theres not really anybody that I wan't to see there that I haven't already other than the Police. They need to be a whole lot more orginial with their lineups rather than just booking acts that have played their 3 4 or 5 times. If they keep this shit up people will eventually decide that its not worth the long trip & expenditures to see the same Bonnaroo that they seen over the past few years. And they keep announcing that there are going to be additions that end up being some nobody jazz or brass band how fuckin lame. They bought the farm this year they need to celebrate that with an all out awesome lineup which they failed to do not to mention increasing ticket prices. I've been a die hard Bonnaroo fan over the years but their starting to lose me as they will others if they don't start booking unique acts. They could've got Tom Watis if they really wanted to, there just a bunch of tight asses. I don't care who you are money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    And they keep announcing that there are going to be additions that end up being some nobody jazz or brass band how fuckin lame.
    ummm... you might be 16 yrs old... and you might watch a little too much American Idol... and maybe you just read Spin magazine a little too much...
    but Ornette Coleman is not "some nobody jazz". He is a living legend.

Ornette Coleman blows every band at Coachella out of the water.

Wow... i am amazed at the ignorance of some people.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by landa321 View Post
    ummm... you might be 16 yrs old... and you might watch a little too much American Idol... and maybe you just read Spin magazine a little too much...
    but Ornette Coleman is not "some nobody jazz". He is a living legend.

Ornette Coleman blows every band at Coachella out of the water.

Wow... i am amazed at the ignorance of some people.
    Oh yeah Bonnaroo is gonna be the best ever this year with Ornette Coleman. That'll bring quite a draw I'm sure. If I wanted to see that type of stuff I'd attend the Newport Jazz Festival though. Not saying it isn't cool I respect Bonnaroo's concept of diverse acts but as far as headliners they've fallen short this year & their additions lack mass appeal. I've never watched a full episode of American Idol for the record & wasn't it William Hung & Bo Bice who both graced Bonnaroo's parade on the main float the past couple of years? Lame! (We'll maybe not Hung but definately Bo). You cannot deny the fact that their lineup is incedibly stale with many of the artists having played multiple years. I actually agree with you about Bonnaroo being overall more fun of an atmosphere but the lineup has fallen short compared to Coachella I'm afraid, unless they add some artists thats gonna make the price of admission worth $250. I only wish I was 16 & I haven't picked up a Spin since 1995. It sounds like you read Relix a bit too much you smelly old hippie!Ignorance is thinking Bonnaroo is going to be the best ever this year with all the repeat perfomers onboard (Ween, Flaming Lips, Mule, Widespread, shall I go on.) I was one of the few people defending Bonnaroo on here months ago before they released the lineup. Now I could really give a shit less. Go spout off on the Bonnaroo message board about how great it is. Trust me nobody on this board wants to hear it or gives a fuckin shit about Bonnaroo or your opinion of Coachella! California is the center of the Universe to these folks.

I could really care less who or what brings the draw. In my opinion, the less people the better. If RATM and RCHP canceled Coachella, it would make the line-up a whole lot better for me. Why? Because both of those bands will draw a huge amount of morons.

I do think that in general, the line-up for this year's Coachella is a bit more interesting that Bonnaro. Mostly because of Bjork, Arcade Fire, Jesus and Mary Chain, Crowded House, Placebo, Kaiser Chiefs, The Good The Bad and The Queen, Tapes N Tapes, Jarvis Cocker, Happy Mondays.

The Rapture can kiss my ass.

I still think that as a "festival", regardless of the acts, Bonnaroo is way better. You can come and go as you please. None of that no re-entry bullshit. You don't have to pay for camping. You can pretty much do whatever you want at the campsite. There is no shakedown at Coachella. The white-belt wearing Coachella hipsters don't even know what Coachella is. It is a 4 day fest. It is 24 hrs from the moment it starts until the moment it ends. Their VIP is much better than Coachella's VIP.

You have to agree that the crowd at Bonnaroo is way more laid back and cool and it is way more fun to be at Bonnaroo - regardless of the bands. And there will never be a dumb ass mosh pit at Coachella. All the kids that will be in the mosh pit during RATM would shit their pants if they ever experienced a REAL pit before the days of Green Day and Blink 182.

and no, I am not a smelly old hippie. I don't even listen to many jam bands besides Phish. I have never been able to get into Widespread Panic. To me, there is Phish and then there is everybody else. The Dead did do some interesting stuff way back in the 60s, but that was way before my time, so I never really got into them.

I don't read Relix at all unless there is an article about Phish. Magnet, Big Takeover, Skyscraper, Under The Radar are more my speed.

This year I will go to my first Sasquatch and I might do Lollapalooza too. I'll tell you at the end of the year which was better out of SXSW, Bonnaroo, Coachella, Langerado, Sasquatch, and Lollapalooza. Oh yeah... and maybe... big maybe ACL fest.