Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

It's funny sometimes to see what happens when people start talking about ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

It's better when they talk about Radiohead.

Or Bonny Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Damn, I want to say stuff, but I just am not ready for another asshole.
    Damn, how cool would that be to be able to shit and talk out your ass at the same time?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I wouldn't know. Tell us about it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    It's funny sometimes to see what happens when people start talking about ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Damn, how cool would that be to be able to shit and talk out your ass at the same time?
    I wouldn't know. Tell us about it.
    One day you'll thank me for providing you the chance at delivering that CRUSHING BLOW...
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 05-22-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Goat, has a point, but he hides it well with the way he parts his hair.
    Well done!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    my whole crew bought tickets from craigslist...the wristbands are so advanced....you have to be an idiot to get scammed.

the only possible way is to buy a deactivated wristband that someone claimed they lost....even then they will usually send you to will call or somewhere to get a new wristband on site and your all good.
    The "chip" on the bracelet is the only thing that needs to be authentic.

If you have a "real" fabric bracelet with a fake chip you are not getting in.

If you have a photocopy of the bracelent and a real chip you're all but certain to get in all 3 days.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    The "chip" on the bracelet is the only thing that needs to be authentic.

If you have a "real" fabric bracelet with a fake chip you are not getting in.

If you have a photocopy of the bracelent and a real chip you're all but certain to get in all 3 days.
    missing the point.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

old school

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    missing the point.
    How do festival veterans that failed initial onsales thru no fault of their own, prove the authenticity of a wristband on the secondary market? Especially those travelling in who aren't sure stubhub can send it to them in time? Stubhub/Ebay only claim the return on your money.

Parking lot purchases may be very affordable but can also be a hotbed for scammers - especially if non-wristband wearers can't go within a mile of the gate.

It's better when they talk about Radiohead.
    So Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood performing selected tracks for 2013 yes?

It makes me thing I've made a mistake in my thinking somewhere, but it seems to me that Bumblebee has a valid point. The wristbands are advanced, yes, but this only prevents Goldenvoice from getting scammed. Unless you have an RFID reader and know which codes indicate valid passes, the 'advanced wristbands' do nothing to protect the consumer from buying a fraudulent ticket on the secondary market.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

you could register them to see if they were good couldn't you? they should put a scanner so you can validate with cell phones.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It makes me thing I've made a mistake in my thinking somewhere, but it seems to me that Bumblebee has a valid point. The wristbands are advanced, yes, but this only prevents Goldenvoice from getting scammed. Unless you have an RFID reader and know which codes indicate valid passes, the 'advanced wristbands' do nothing to protect the consumer from buying a fraudulent ticket on the secondary market.
    At a minimum, GV should hold the original buyer accountable. If a wristband is disabled and resold, the original account holder should be banned from purchasing from GV again.

Once for a Lakers game I re-printed my ticket because I misplaced it, found the other and accidently scanned the wrong one. I pretty much had to write a long essay to the Season Ticket office on what happened and how I won’t do it again or my privileges would be revoked. Just that one instance, and I had a 30 day probationary period where I couldn't sell, reprint, or forward tickets from my account.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

The ultimate in first world problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Dear Paul Tollet.

This thread is my confirmation as to why I completely trust you and your staff to make my concert decisions.

Carry on and thank you.

Sincerely, and with an oxford comma,

FB
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Dear Paul,

Can you make sure FB gets a pass for next year?

Thanks,
    Somebody who deserves it more

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    you could register them to see if they were good couldn't you? they should put a scanner so you can validate with cell phones.
    I am going to do you a great favor right now and show you where you have gone wrong.

1. A seller is not going to allow a buyer to register them until he has received payment. A buyer who wants to validate by registration will not want to give money first. The only way this works is via an in-person transaction in the presence of a laptop and an wifi connection. This significantly reduces the potential market.

2. I don't think the registration number is physically connected to the RFID chip, is it? (I don't remember exactly). I thought it was printed on the wristband, not the actual chip itself? If so you could still have a valid code with an invalid/dummy chip inside. Or, alternatively, doesn't seem like it would be hard to counterfeit a duplicate registration number.

3. What they should do and what they actually do are two separate things. And it's what they actually do that matters.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

it was on the chip, tom.

I think you can register the wristband on your smart phone too. At least I logged into that Coachella website on my phone a couple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

How do festival veterans that failed initial onsales thru no fault of their own, prove the authenticity of a wristband on the secondary market? Especially those travelling in who aren't sure stubhub can send it to them in time? Stubhub/Ebay only claim the return on your money.

Parking lot purchases may be very affordable but can also be a hotbed for scammers - especially if non-wristband wearers can't go within a mile of the gate.
    I helped a friend buy off a third party this past year. We found someone BEFORE the passes were being sent out. Used PayPal to give her money. In exchange, she emailed Frontgate with her order asking to have a name change. We also asked for access to her Frontgate account, in which we changed ALL her information to my friend's to ensure that the wristbands would be mailed to him and not the original purchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    it was on the chip, tom.
    Right, but, still, seems like an enterprising young criminal could counterfeit something that looked like a chip and had an ID code on it that was a copy from a known valid number?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Dear Paul Tollet.

This thread is my confirmation as to why I completely trust you and your staff to make my concert decisions.

Carry on and thank you.

Sincerely, and with an oxford comma,

FB
    100% my stance. These fucking tards can't do it better than their "leader". What an insult to even suggest otherwise. After all these years of making this place you all worship and your going to try to outsmart the creator of the festival or suggest they are doing it wrong. lol

I am going to do you a great favor right now and show you where you have gone wrong.

1. A seller is not going to allow a buyer to register them until he has received payment. A buyer who wants to validate by registration will not want to give money first. The only way this works is via an in-person transaction in the presence of a laptop and an wifi connection. This significantly reduces the potential market.

2. I don't think the registration number is physically connected to the RFID chip, is it? (I don't remember exactly). I thought it was printed on the wristband, not the actual chip itself? If so you could still have a valid code with an invalid/dummy chip inside. Or, alternatively, doesn't seem like it would be hard to counterfeit a duplicate registration number.

3. What they should do and what they actually do are two separate things. And it's what they actually do that matters.
    yeah...ok

it was on the chip, tom.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I think you can register the wristband on your smart phone too. At least I logged into that Coachella website on my phone a couple times.
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I helped a friend buy off a third party this past year. We found someone BEFORE the passes were being sent out. Used PayPal to give her money. In exchange, she emailed Frontgate with her order asking to have a name change. We also asked for access to her Frontgate account, in which we changed ALL her information to my friend's to ensure that the wristbands would be mailed to him and not the original purchaser.
    fuck yes!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    The ultimate in first world problems.
    The entire message board is bitching about 1st world problems with 1 exception.......easy access to free water.

old school

Does this involve having the ticket buyer(s) access to the 3rd party's CC numbers or other information that should remain private?

Does this involve having the ticket buyer(s) access to the 3rd party's CC numbers or other information that should remain private?
    Nope. The seller deleted her CC info from her acct before giving him access.
    Frontgate only shows the last 4 digits, anyways.

funny how whenever these genius board members are proven wrong, the thread dies all of a sudden and they don't want to play....wahhh

Not wanting to play and tiring of your inanity are two different things.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

that's what is now wrong with this county. everyone is special, we all deserve the same, where's my participation trophy, i deserve my piece of the pie. look where we are now thanks to those thoughts.
    I am confused by what logic writing an open letter to a business leader constitutes "asshole sucking".
    I am confused why somebody wealthy enough to rent a boss hawg suite at La Quinta has to buy his tickets on layaway.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I am confused why somebody who by his own admission is low man on the totem pole at some kind of weed growing operation is apparently so wealthy.

it was on the chip, tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post

Seems to be a lot of confusion and stupidity. Maybe your own stupid opinions have become inane????
    If you fucks want to act as a rabid pack, you will all be grouped into one. Your leaders and self appointed message board deputies are dragging you down.

Separate yourself from the pack and anyone of you would be eaten alive. Strength in numbers. Power in prejudice.
    Last edited by Goatchella; 05-23-2012 at 08:29 AM.