Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 379

Thread: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

  1. #181
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Goldenvoice will never introduce a loyalty program. They don't give a shit how many years you've attended. All they care about is the festival selling out, not who's buying the tickets.

    All about $$$

  2. #182
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Goldenvoice will never introduce a loyalty program. They don't give a shit how many years you've attended. All they care about is the festival selling out, not who's buying the tickets.

    All about $$$
    Everyone that has been sucking Paul Ts cock for 12 years begs to differ....Goldenvoice acknowledges them and really does care. Goldenvoice ais reading this and making cupcakes for everyone tonight.

    This is about respect for return attendees and loyalty to specific peoples money. You don't know about business. Business is NOT about money and taking it from whoever gives it to you faster. lol
    Last edited by Goatchella; 05-21-2012 at 09:27 AM.

  3. #183
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,550

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    I think they care about who is attending or else they wouldn't have some of the rare acts that they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  4. #184
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I think they care about who is attending or else they wouldn't have some of the rare acts that they do.
    Right....Chella booked FIREHOSE because TOMAZ loves them. Gota keep Tom happy...duh
    They are attracting certain crowds with the booking. Thats 100% correct. I doubt they are interested in how many years anyone has gone to coachella or how many years they will return. This is a music fest. If you build it, they will come. They always have and they always will. It has always been about a bigger and better show. More advertising, better booking, more art, lights, lasers, more vendors and attractions. All of that work has grown this to be a huge draw. People come every year from every part of the world. That is huge! Of course there will be crowd problems and ticket shortages. California allows scaping to be a business. Reselling tickets. Deal with it. get tickets however you can and show up if you want. There will be plenty of time to do this. No need to panic, prey, write letters or argue about better ways for these BOSS MOTHER FUCKERS at Goldenvoice to do what they do.
    Last edited by Goatchella; 05-21-2012 at 01:17 PM.

  5. #185
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    You meant to say "Boourns," not "TomAZ."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  6. #186
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,766

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Yeah, Pulp's boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  7. #187
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Yeah, Pulp's boring.
    lol sorry.racist.. I know. I made it better for you

  8. #188
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,766

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    I don't think he booked fIREHOSE for me; I'd pretty much forgotten about those guys til they were announced. I was happy to see them, though.

    Paul T and I did have extensive email correspondence about booking Jimmy Cliff and the Buzzcocks, however. "Paul," I said, "who the fuck is Tim Armstrong and why does he need to share the bill with Jimmy?". Paul didn't listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  9. #189
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    I think Paul went after Portishead and Gorillaz because of the board. We begged for those every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  10. #190
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Fuck Tim Armstrong...sorry to use you as an example Tom. I don't care who reads this board or what the purpose is. I really don't agree with making a thread with a selfish request and claiming this request is the consensus of the whole group being a productive effort. This seems retarded and crafted by a kook.
    No offense to the other selfish people that agree. An open letter to Paul T on this forum is a stupid idea and a desperate attempt to receive special attention and privileges. If you want to assure your entry 100% and you care so much about this festival being a better place, contribute and join the coachella team.


    If your just some music lover, forum geek that can't get enough Coachella and feel like your power (as if any of you ever had any) is slipping away and you need to reach out and grasp for that last hold as you fall further away from the festival you love so much......YOU ARE AN IDIOT. No matter how educated you are or how well you can debate on a forum. IDIOT.
    Last edited by Goatchella; 05-21-2012 at 01:18 PM.

  11. #191
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I think Paul went after Portishead and Gorillaz because of the board. We begged for those every year.
    classic example...because yes...you are the only ones that like Gorillaz and Portishead. Are you a troll in disguise, or are you really living in a fantasy world?

  12. #192
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjama1awesome View Post
    so youre saying youre unemployed
    Unemployed? I'm the fucking boss, you moron...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  13. #193
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,115

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Ask any business what the key to success is and it's repeat business.

    You're Goldenvoice and you have one ticket left, and two people have $349. One is a a kid from Paso Robles who is "really into house this semester." The other is someone who has been going every year for a decade and talks up the festival 11 1/2 months out of the year.

    Whose money would you rather take?

  14. #194
    Member yardbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Ask any business what the key to success is and it's repeat business.

    You're Goldenvoice and you have one ticket left, and two people have $349. One is a a kid from Paso Robles who is "really into house this semester." The other is someone who has been going every year for a decade and talks up the festival 11 1/2 months out of the year.

    Whose money would you rather take?
    When the demand exceeds the supply, they won't care who they sell the tickets to. it will sell and it's projected to sell in the future.
    But early on, repeat business is very important to build up their brand.

    Besides sporting events, are there any festivals including comiccon type events that have a reserve of tickets held for long time supporters?

  15. #195
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Ask any business what the key to success is and it's repeat business.

    You're Goldenvoice and you have one ticket left, and two people have $349. One is a a kid from Paso Robles who is "really into house this semester." The other is someone who has been going every year for a decade and talks up the festival 11 1/2 months out of the year.

    Whose money would you rather take?
    you have 200,000 kids that want to pay for tickets and 25 old timers that want to pay for tickets....who will you sell tickets to?

    first come first serve

  16. #196
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,324

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    There are a lot more than 25 of us.

  17. #197
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,813

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    The repeaters who post on this board are definitely in the minority when it comes to the average attendee. It's a music festival, go or don't go. You are not entitled to anything.

  18. #198
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,766

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Business advice from the ranks of the minimum wage.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  19. #199
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    business advice?

    mine would be to mind your own usually. Thats the only business advice I have to offer.
    You folks sure are bitter. Your argument and requests are fucking pipe dreams. You can try and attack me and what I do all you want, it doesn't make your idiot logic any more realistic.

    "If I was educated, Id be a damn fool."
    Last edited by Goatchella; 05-21-2012 at 01:19 PM.

  20. #200
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Somebody's got it in for Goatchella. They're planting stories in the press.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  21. #201
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,324

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Because I'd like to be recognized for my endless loyalty, does not make me bitter. You guys are beginning to sound rather bitter though.

  22. #202
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,766

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Somebody's got it in for Goatchella. They're planting stories in the press.
    One day he'll be in the ditch, flies buzzing around his eyes.
    Blood on his saddle.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  23. #203
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Because I'd like to be recognized for my endless loyalty, does not make me bitter. You guys are beginning to sound rather bitter though.
    You are recognized...and respected. Is that not enough, Gunz?

    * edit...and admired!

  24. #204
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Let's just say for the sake of argument, Goat, that they do implement some sort of loyalty clause. How you qualify and who else qualifies is irrelevant....the point in this scenario, is that YOU qualify for it. Would you attempt to take advantage of it?
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  25. #205
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    I have taken advantage of Coachella in the past. I am paying it forward at this point and I like paying for a nice hard copy ticket.
    I do not believe that there should be an argument because I do not believe anyone is any better than anyone else. No matter how much money they make, how old they are or how smart they are.

    I have the money to buy VIP. I have the money to stay in the most boss hawg suite in La quinta, rent a house ect....I choose to live the wook life and be a common festival attendee. I don't take advantage of much. Sorry I am not the typical person to fall into this trap your setting up. I really just am not the right guy to fit the stereotype.

  26. #206
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    I get all that and you have made that very clear in several previous posts...

    But you didn't answer my question. If GV implemented a system where a limited number of previous attendees could qualify for early purchase rights, would you take advantage of that just so you could assure yourself a face-value ticket, yes or no?
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  27. #207
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Hasn't he said he would buy a scalped ticket if he didn't get it the first day? He doesn't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  28. #208
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    I would take advantage of it to feel cool and stroke my ego if I did at all. No I would not take advantage of early purchase rights to assure myself a face value price.

    I do however take advantage of the pre-sale in place to opt for layaway. I am already really thankful for that and have exercised my ability to do so since Coachella allowed us to. I feel special having tickets on layaway...not because I have been going so long, or because I am loyal or because my cock is bigger than yours...I feel special because I am on top of things and I have made Coachella a priority every year. My excitement is the reason I am assured tickets, my preparedness is the reason I will be there every year. If I fail to get tickets one of these years maybe you will catch me wishing and dreaming for a better system. Fact is, I get tickets every year with the system in place and obviously you do too.

    Now tell me more about why we need to change things and put a barcode on everyones forehead, keep a database of all the "loyal" attendees and what they have done?

  29. #209
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hasn't he said he would buy a scalped ticket if he didn't get it the first day? He doesn't care.
    If I really want to go I will do whatever I have to. I take matters into my own hands. I don't type on a message board and send asshole sucking love letters to my "leader"

  30. #210
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

    Oh, I see your issue now. You're worried about privacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Similar Threads

  1. Hey PAUL TOLLET, If Yer Listenin'.....
    By RODGERRAMJET in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
  2. AN OPEN LETTER TO PAUL TOLLETT 2010
    By RODGERRAMJET in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 05:33 PM
  3. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!PAUL TOLLET,READ THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By obzen in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 07:54 AM
  4. I Got to Meet Paul Tollet.
    By menikmati in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
  5. Paul Tollet (Golden Voice) Should Write a Book
    By RODGERRAMJET in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •