Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    my whole crew bought tickets from craigslist...the wristbands are so advanced....you have to be an idiot to get scammed.

the only possible way is to buy a deactivated wristband that someone claimed they lost....even then they will usually send you to will call or somewhere to get a new wristband on site and your all good.
    So, if you have a deactivated wristband, they'll just give you a new one? So if you get someone else's wristband in the mail and you try to use it and it doesn't work, you can just go get another?

Somehow, I don't think it works that way.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

AND

Laverne Sprinkle

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Loyal customers providing feedback isn't necessarily "whining" you fucking drooling ape.
    He thinks like a lackey.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I had an acutal photo of myself in that Coachella microcommunity.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    In fact, I came to this board originally in 2007 specifically because I WAS one of the left out and I felt bitchy about it. After securing a ticket and hanging around a bit, I gained an appreciation for the fact that you can't make everyone happy. I've witnessed a wide array of very, very dumb suggestions by angry ticket-less newcomers with some half-baked idea about how the ticketing could be improved in some way that would have prevented the great injustice of their own personal failure to get a ticket. With full acknowledgement of the fact that I'm joining their ranks by typing this, I'd like to make a suggestion...

[...]

Well, with all these systems you've put in place it seems to me that you could easily create a much more motivating reason to register one's wristband: some limited advanced pre-sales for anyone who already has a coachella.com account from previous year's attendance.
    This is delicious.

This is going to create more yous. You realize that, right? One reason you didn't get tickets on the initial sale in 2007 was that they did a limited advance discounted pre-sale for repeat customers willing to buy 3-day passes before the line-up was announced.

It amuses me to no end that you are now asking them to do that again, on the regular.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I am not saying I disagree.

It would not surprise me that they're working on ways to make this process more reasonable and this isn't a bad idea, sort of like folks who have season tickets to NFL games or the opera or whatever. Do you want to renew your Coachella pass? It could work.

It was a well written, reasonable letter.

I guess you will never catch me crying (this whole fucking forum is mostly this) about never getting a wristband, because if I want to be there I will. Wristband or not, money or not. If I don't get a wristband, I don't run to my computer to bitch.

there are many many ways to skin a cat. crying has never skinned a cat. "Loyal customers providing feedback" has never skinned a cat.
    So all of you brainiacs can continue to waste time and energy trying to struggle upstream and keep talking about the way it used to be. This only makes you and old cry baby. The fact that your all so fucking intelligent makes this whole thing twice as funny. Got it all figured out huh? lulz

These ideas are great and they might happen...but they won't happen because you derps all talked about it online for years. There are people paid to handle this stuff. People smarter than you even (hard to imagine I know). There is no fucking leader listening to your shitty voice....mass suicide. kill yourselves
    Last edited by Goatchella; 05-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    This is delicious.

This is going to create more yous. You realize that, right? One reason you didn't get tickets on the initial sale in 2007 was that they did a limited advance discounted pre-sale for repeat customers willing to buy 3-day passes before the line-up was announced.

It amuses me to no end that you are now asking them to do that again, on the regular.

dumbfuck!
    fixed

I guess you will never catch me crying (this whole fucking forum is mostly this) about never getting a wristband, because if I want to be there I will. Wristband or not, money or not. If I don't get a wristband, I don't run to my computer to bitch.

there are many many ways to skin a cat. crying has never skinned a cat. "Loyal customers providing feedback" has never skinned a cat.
    So all of you brainiacs can continue to waste time and energy trying to struggle upstream and keep talking about the way it used to be. This only makes you and old cry baby. The fact that your all so fucking intelligent makes this whole thing twice as funny. Got it all figured out huh? lulz

These ideas are great and they might happen...but they won't happen because you derps all talked about it online for years. There are people paid to handle this stuff. People smarter than you even (hard to imagine I know). There is no fucking leader listening to your shitty voice....mass suicide. kill yourselves

People handle things based on feedback from their customers though. The bottom line is ticket sales, yes, but Coachella became the way it is in part by listening to legitmate gripes from long-time loyal customers. They are trying to stay ahead of the curve. This isn't the same as some random guy coming on the boards and bitching that he couldn't buy a pass in February.

You say no one is listening, but someone in here - who has close ties with the GV folks - already said they read this shit. So, your assumption is wrong.

well in that case please start asking for the festival to provide free champagne, pony rides, dolphin exhibit, naked massages, gong chairs, feet massager chairs, free Coachella diamond pendants, more fireworks, sexier women, less bros, more reggae and water slides.

they are listening...and taking into consideration....but this fucker speaking for all of us ( i dunno how many agree) is a joke. Sucking Pauls asshole and addressing him as our leader is a joke, or is it. The guy seems almost convincing that he really thinks this is some kind of cult. Its a fucking music festival. You pay money and ya listen to music and see art, then you go home and buy tickets again next year if your still interested. Pretty easy.
    Last edited by Goatchella; 05-18-2012 at 12:58 PM.

well in that case please start asking for the festival to provide free champagne, pony rides, dolphin exhibit, naked massages, gong chairs, feet massager chairs, free Coachella diamond pendants, more fireworks, sexier women, less bros, more reggae and water slides.
    You're being dramatic dude. This isn't an unrealistic suggestion. Like previously stated, certain bands hold presales specifically geared towards their loyal fanbases. I don't see why this can't be done the same way.

There are people paid to handle this stuff. People smarter than you even (hard to imagine I know).
    You have zero concept of customer relations. None. The people paid to handle this stuff don't just, for the most part, pull their ideas out of thin air and hope it works. They perform research. Much of this research consists of customer feedback. Almost every successful venture operates this way.

Oh yeah....but they aren't doing what you clowns have been bitching about for three years? So there went that idea.

Can someone just state the actual game plan they are suggesting without all the IIIII MMEMEMEMME shit attached.

I think the message has been cluttered with a bunch of ego bullshit....what the fuck do you want from these people. The best festival on earth is not enough?
    You need special privileges because you were cool enough to be there first?

what is the simple plan guys. since you have this all figured out and you know who listens to you. maybe if you type it in caps or enlarge the font??

The idea is simple, Goat. Go back and reread the first post.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i didn't get very far, but didn't we used to get emails about an advance sale, many years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

what is the simple plan guys. since you have this all figured out and you know who listens to you. maybe if you type it in caps or enlarge the font??
    Allow people to become Coachella subscribers. Instead of worrying about Frontgate waiting rooms or Ticketmaster you get an email asking "Do you wish to renew for Coachella 2017?" and you are done.

I can't believe you guys are engaging Goatchella. Maybe you're all as stupid as he claims you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Oh yeah....but they aren't doing what you clowns have been bitching about for three years? So there went that idea.
    If nobody complained after the shit show that was 2010, I'm not sure that Goldenvoice would have been so quick to fix a lot of the problems that occurred that year. Instead, there was an outcry over some things and Goldenvoice reacted accordingly. And are you not paying attention to the fact that someone who is posting in this thread is friends with people in the company who work to put on the festival? He said that the things we say on this board tend to find their way to Paul and other people in charge of making decisions. Customer reactions can influence business decisions. It's not a difficult concept.

You have zero concept of customer relations. None. The people paid to handle this stuff don't just, for the most part, pull their ideas out of thin air and hope it works. They perform research. Much of this research consists of customer feedback. Almost every successful venture operates this way.
    exactly why paul t. spends much of the festival weekend out amongst the crowd, talking to them, seeing it from their perspective.

I read it. It was a bunch of ego shit about how this fuck is self appointing himself to voice everyones opinion that things just are not fair and people that have been with the fest since its birth deserve something.

You are a customer. You have to pay just like everyone else. Grandfather policies cannot just be implemented all of a sudden. Then you have thousands of other customers complaining. The fraction of people that have been going to this festival for 12 years is just that....a fraction, a very small fraction. I get where you are coming from. Im somewhere in the middle. Im not new and Im not old school. The festival is geared towards the future. The new. People that will spend the next twelve years coming. The ticket hype causes a fiend. The economy causes thieving scalpers. There needs to be a balance and all of these things must be weighed out. You all seem to only give a shit about yourselves and getting a favor. I honestly feel bad for Paul. I feel bad he has to worry about this shit. Any of you throw events? Ever thrown a event and had every person who thought they had any connection with you tugging on your shirt/flirting/bribing/crying to give them special treatment.

at some point you need to realize there is a future...the past is the past. He got your money. He will get new people to cry and demand....This bullshit is the reason things lack. Let them worry more about the art and music and less about.....you.
    Last edited by Goatchella; 05-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Allow people to become Coachella subscribers. Instead of worrying about Frontgate waiting rooms or Ticketmaster you get an email asking "Do you wish to renew for Coachella 2017?" and you are done.
    now we keep bumping and blast every thread with this....if this is really what the whole group decides is a solution.

If nobody complained after the shit show that was 2010, I'm not sure that Goldenvoice would have been so quick to fix a lot of the problems that occurred that year. Instead, there was an outcry over some things and Goldenvoice reacted accordingly. And are you not paying attention to the fact that someone who is posting in this thread is friends with people in the company who work to put on the festival? He said that the things we say on this board tend to find their way to Paul and other people in charge of making decisions. Customer reactions can influence business decisions. It's not a difficult concept.
    bahahhaha...you swear. As if those issues would have never been addressed had there not been a message board full of cry babies.

bahahhaha...you swear. As if those issues would have never been addressed had there not been a message board full of cry babies.
    Don't discount the people on a message board. This isn't 1996 anymore. Part of what I do for a living requires my presence on a message board. I can't tell you how many times I have read someone say something to the effect of, "You're dumb if you think players / coaches / AD's / etc. read these boards".... and what they don't realize is that they actually do read the boards. A certain message board member on our site who I know is one of the primary reasons a certain now-NBA basketball player received a scholarship offer from UA several years back. This place may be full of "mouth-breathers" to you, but if you think people's voices on certain message boards aren't heard then you are sadly mistaken.

I read it. It was a bunch of ego shit about how this fuck is self appointing himself to voice everyones opinion that things just are not fair and people that have been with the fest since its birth deserve something.

You are a customer. You have to pay just like everyone else.
    if i am loyal to a restaurant or bar oftentimes i will get a free drink, or appetizer, or dessert. why? because it is smart of a business to treat it's loyal customers a little different and make it known they appreciate your business.

there are too many of you though....a few yeah...but friends of friends......this guy gave me a bottle of water when i was thirsty last year. hook him up. It always goes too far man. There are too many greedy, hungry, non deserving mouths to feed.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Don't discount the people on a message board. This isn't 1996 anymore. Part of what I do for a living requires my presence on a message board. I can't tell you how many times I have read someone say something to the effect of, "You're dumb if you think players / coaches / AD's / etc. read these boards".... and what they don't realize is that they actually do read the boards. A certain message board member on our site who I know is one of the primary reasons a certain now-NBA basketball player received a scholarship offer from UA several years back. This place may be full of "mouth-breathers" to you, but if you think people's voices on certain message boards aren't heard then you are sadly mistaken.
    these people aren't the only voices...I agree with you and I expect special treatment wherever I go too. I tip higher than anyone you know and I give gifts to everyone that smiles at me. I just think you guys are asking for too much. There is too many other variables that will not work with your idea. Its a bad idea. Just a know nothing stupid goatchella opinion...but there it is. Your plan is a piece of shit.

That's 7 "i"s.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

exactly all included in a statement about what I think..

addressing someone as the voice for a community and using IIIIIIIIIIIIIII is moot.

Luv you Goat.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon